Author Topic: Hello, and what is n00b bait?  (Read 876 times)

Offline rsrogers4

Hello, and what is n00b bait?
« on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 21:36:40 »
Hi Gang, new here and trying to resist the urge to get into this hobby because it seems endlessly fascinating and expensive. One question: on a recent IC I saw the phrase "n00b bait" - is that 65% gasket keyboards that are RW clones? I'm asking because I am a new and am probably falling for the bait. I'd like to learn more about what would be a great keyboard for me. That's why I've registered and am lurking here. Thanks.

PS: A little about me. I grew up in the town where major components of the original IBM PC were developed. I remember seeing the original prototypes of the IBM PC keyboard being developed and saw how they drop tested them, and also tested them for acoustics in a sound-dampened lab. I've been interested in mechanical keyboards ever since, and am typing on a commercial-grade one (Steel Series 6g) that is 11 years old and knackered. I plan to replace it with a custom soon.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 May 2021, 21:42:05 by rsrogers4 »
Geonworks Frog TKL w/62g Alpaca v2 (lubed, TX springs), SA-P Industrial PBT caps | Maker Alexa w/boba u4t stock, DCS 9009 caps

Offline F eq ma

Re: Hello, and what is n00b bait?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 20:13:31 »
Now you have to show your board, I need to know what knackered represents :)