Author Topic: [IC] GMK Tuzi Inspired Custom Keyboard Bag  (Read 4183 times)

Offline fromscratchusa

• Keyboard Bag Tailor, I work with Keycap Designers.
    • FromScratch - Mechanical Keyboard Bags
[IC] GMK Tuzi Inspired Custom Keyboard Bag
« on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 14:40:58 »
GMK Tuzi Inspired Custom Keyboard Bag

Hello guys! I made the website https://fromscratchusa.com/pages/custom-bags! I make custom keyboard bags for many different keycap sets, for example, Milkshake:

Note: Waiting for the new tags to come in before stitching it for the client.

We have 150 options for colors, 22 strap colors, and even choose the color of your thread, and clasps. I really try to keep prices reasonable because I make these bags with my friend out of love.

Design Considerations
1. No zippers so you do not scratch your keyboard when pulling it out.
2. Double clasp mechanism so it is extra secure and has a satisfying metallic click when closing.
3. Most color and design options on the market - any set, any design. We can try to do it!
4. Strap options, wear it the way you want, katana style, small handle, or none at all
5. Foam padding option - keep your keyboards free of everyday dents and scratches

Design:

The bag would be designed with the following shape, which is my chess piece set.
https://fromscratchusa.com/products/chess-piece-keyboard-bag

The keyboard would be designed with the colors both "Plum" and "Lavender" on my website.

Sadly Vinyl can not be exactly color matched but I think it is very close to the original set. The eyes would be Little Purple Rinestones which are rivets and would hold the metallic clasps together.

Unfortunately there is no way for me to really render bags, like keyboards. However, the bag would be designed with industrial marine vinyl, which is resistant to fading and is very thick, its basically made for boat covers. The glue used to hold down different parts like the mouth is permanent, washable and made for vinyl and used in bag making. We double stitch our clasps and rings to make sure they don't fall out.

Customizability Options
- Standard layouts, 60%, 65% or custom sizes for $5 more.
- Optional Padding
- Strap selection - wear the bag like a katana, on your back, wear it with a mini strap, or off shoulder like a bag.
- Matching pouches! Yes, you can buy a pouch that straps onto your bag with a hook for your cables, money, etc. It WILL match your bags design.

I have most of the materials required, however I am waiting on the "Plum" Vinyl to arrive so I can make a real prototype,
but since I have SO many keycap sets to make bags for its hard to see what people really want. I am going to work in the future on GMK Fuji, GMK Dots, and many others.

If you are interested, please feel free to join my discord:
https://discord.gg/7N8GR6w4d2
You can comment in the #GMK-Tuzi Channel, and even suggest other keycap sets!

Cross-posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/lm2udb/ic_gmk_tuzi_custom_keyboard_bag/

Special Thanks
I want to thank the Tuzi team, especially Jia, for giving me the greenlight to make this design.

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2021, 15:08:58 by fromscratchusa »

Offline pngu

• send noots
Re: [IC] GMK Tuzi Inspired Custom Keyboard Bag
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 15:27:28 »
I don't think this is how collaborations work

Offline fromscratchusa

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 15:32:33 »
Hey Pngu. I’m sorry, I’m very new to this, if I am doing something wrong please feel free to clarify and I will try fix it. I got the greenlight on both Milkshake and Tuzu on making a bag based on the design. Is there anything else I should know? Thank you for your reply.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:38:25 »
I don't think this is how collaborations work
Uhmm - this. This. This.

This.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:59:30 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2021, 17:19:54 by loop | esc lab »

Offline fromscratchusa

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 18:01:23 »

Would appreciate if someone could point me on what to do! Thanks

Offline kt1928

• Kappy
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 21:44:40 »
This looks dope man. Down for anything tuzi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pupper125

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:43:32 »
Hi. So while I understand the sentiment of wanting to create something to go with your keyset, people expect a prototype or some kind of physical copy of the product you will be selling, this gives the consumer more trust in your work and shows that you're serious about the design and that it will work. Hopefully this helps.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:53:42 by pupper125 »

Offline waylaidwanderer

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:50:12 »
From what I've seen here that isn't what you've done, but instead just gone and created something without getting the permission or knowledge of the designer.

Y'all need to learn to read because OP clearly stated he was given permission to do this.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:55:46 by waylaidwanderer »

Offline 7h3of7

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:51:30 »
Special Thanks
I want to thank the Tuzi team, especially Jia, for giving me the greenlight to make this design.

Should probably mention that it's been given an okay by Jia much higher up on the post.
Current Board: OTD 356 Mini v1 Black

Offline sibal

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 01:15:20 »
Special Thanks

Should probably mention that it's been given an okay by Jia much higher up on the post.

Fun how in this community, people can catch a pixel off on one single letter, meanwhile, skipping the whole freaking sentence not noticing
You love to see the literacy rate in this hobby.

But yea, should probably 1000 weight, 36pt size, triple paste it if you will for the unabled

Offline fromscratchusa

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 02:56:07 »
Hello guys,
I firstly want to thank everyone for the support and love both here and in Discord, I completely agree I should have put it higher and ask EVERYONE before I make a design based on their set. I got the greenlight from the Tuzi, Fuji, and Dots/Milkshake creator. Even before I do a private commission I ask, since I love their work and want to make sure they’re okay with me doing it.

Secondly, the amount of people wanting this bag has made me so happy. I understand the criticism, I’ve been around to see vendors who haven’t reacted in the best way but all I can say is that we’ll build up our trust so that we can eventually participate in a larger amount of groupbuys from the beginning.

I am sorry for the confusion I caused, or potentially not handling my interest check properly. To be honest when I my design I was too excited and just wanted everyone to see it! But we have the matching vinyl coming in a week. We will have a real prototype for tuzi and then people can know what to expect.

We just wanted to check before buying the fabric since unlike keycaps we have to buy like 100 pieces of things so you can imagine its a huge investment when people might not even like it.

Again, thank you all! I appreciate everyone posting!!