Author Topic: Post your Milestone posts here  (Read 750435 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Post your Milestone posts here
« Reply #4100 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 04:48:34 »
Uuuhm... I have received notice that I would have been spamming? Can any moderator here help me clear that up? Have I done something wrong?

EDIT: I've received my last 100-150 posts myself. I REALLY don't see how any of those are considered spam O_o

I've been largely AFK the last few weeks so don't have all of the details on that, but it's not implying that your posts have been mindless spam akin to a spambot posting nonsense.  Rather, it's more like "let the other kids have a try".  If one member has all of the recent posts in Spy, that member is basically dominating the forum and bumping threads that don't need to be bumped.  Some people browse GH near-exclusively through Spy, so constantly seeing threads bumped for the "low-effort" responses decreases their enjoyment.  Of course, those low-effort posts are more than welcome on the forum (people simply saying "nice desk" and such is perfectly fine), but when it's a single user dominating the forum with those posts, we step in to help keep things in check.  Does that make sense?  Feel free to PM me to discuss.

It is *not* a punishment and you should not feel afraid to post.  The bolded line above emphasizes why you were made aware at all - as you know, plenty of people make these sorts of posts all the time.

Thanks for your explanation. I took a couple of days off, let it settle in. I understand what you are trying to say, my intention was not to hijack the forum. I'm just very enthusiastic, but I've made that clear already. I'll try to relax a bit more. If something comes up, I'll pm you for sure. I hope to be worthy of becoming a moderator one day. At least if people don't hate me anymore :P Thanks again!
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4101 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 16:15:40 »
Uuuhm... I have received notice that I would have been spamming? Can any moderator here help me clear that up? Have I done something wrong?

EDIT: I've received my last 100-150 posts myself. I REALLY don't see how any of those are considered spam O_o

I've been largely AFK the last few weeks so don't have all of the details on that, but it's not implying that your posts have been mindless spam akin to a spambot posting nonsense.  Rather, it's more like "let the other kids have a try".  If one member has all of the recent posts in Spy, that member is basically dominating the forum and bumping threads that don't need to be bumped.  Some people browse GH near-exclusively through Spy, so constantly seeing threads bumped for the "low-effort" responses decreases their enjoyment.  Of course, those low-effort posts are more than welcome on the forum (people simply saying "nice desk" and such is perfectly fine), but when it's a single user dominating the forum with those posts, we step in to help keep things in check.  Does that make sense?  Feel free to PM me to discuss.

It is *not* a punishment and you should not feel afraid to post.  The bolded line above emphasizes why you were made aware at all - as you know, plenty of people make these sorts of posts all the time.

Thanks for your explanation. I took a couple of days off, let it settle in. I understand what you are trying to say, my intention was not to hijack the forum. I'm just very enthusiastic, but I've made that clear already. I'll try to relax a bit more. If something comes up, I'll pm you for sure. I hope to be worthy of becoming a moderator one day. At least if people don't hate me anymore :P Thanks again!

I'd just like to make it perfectly clear that no one on the mod team thought you were in any way acting malicious or had bad intentions - just incredibly enthusiastic, as you've said.  Perhaps a PM to remind you of this would have been more effective than a warning, which carries hefty negative connotations, but I assure you that this was not meant to be an indication of a major offense. 

Not sure if I'm beating a dead horse at this point, so apologies if it seems that way, just want to make it clear that this shouldn't feel like a punishment.  :thumb:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4102 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 12:12:20 »

I'd just like to make it perfectly clear that no one on the mod team thought you were in any way acting malicious or had bad intentions - just incredibly enthusiastic, as you've said.  Perhaps a PM to remind you of this would have been more effective than a warning, which carries hefty negative connotations, but I assure you that this was not meant to be an indication of a major offense. 

Not sure if I'm beating a dead horse at this point, so apologies if it seems that way, just want to make it clear that this shouldn't feel like a punishment.  :thumb:

Thanks Hoff! I'll try to be a bit less enthusiastic. I understand this is not an apology now. But I must say initially it felt like it. But all is good now. Back to happy geekhacking! :D

EDIT: I didn't mean to say "apology" but "sanction". I understand this was not intended as an SANCTION. But that I initially felt like I was being sanctioned. But we good now. #lovegh
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 April 2016, 14:27:46 by iLLucionist »

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #4103 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 14:18:59 »
woo, 500.
Im slacking. been here a while =[

edit:only the best of comments from me

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4104 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 14:46:20 »
woo, 500.

Congrats!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4105 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 05:50:05 »
woo, 500.

Congratulations :)

You joined before me! :eek:  Half way to a star, anyway.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #4106 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 13:23:35 »
25th post since 2013.yay?
i guess i lurked too much?

edit: i guess i don't missed it, lol
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #4107 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:34:45 »

This was supposed to be number 300, but this thread is in off topic

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4108 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 05:51:50 »

Grats :))

30 posts overall, fwiw.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #4109 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 22:30:54 »
Just randomly checked and hit 100 I'm sure most are Clackvent ones.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #4110 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 22:42:06 »

Grats :))

30 posts overall, fwiw.

hahaha thanks!
oh, and 1 more post to you to 21202. 10 more post and it's cool number  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 April 2016, 22:47:04 by Dymloslouire »
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4111 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 22:42:33 »
My credit score is peaches n cream now :cool:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4112 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 22:45:24 »
10k.  It's ok, I guess.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4113 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 23:22:28 »
10k.  It's ok, I guess.

meh

congrats i guess

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4114 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 23:33:35 »
10k.  It's ok, I guess.

Ten thousand is a lot holy moley. Congrats :eek:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4115 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 23:34:41 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4116 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:34:26 »
Just randomly checked and hit 100 I'm sure most are Clackvent ones.

10% the way to a star ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4117 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:35:13 »
10k.  It's ok, I guess.

Now you can get a special 10K star!

(sarcasm mode deactivated)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4118 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 09:01:12 »

:))

* HoffmanMyster escalates rowdy's naughty list status

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4119 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 00:51:06 »

:))

* HoffmanMyster escalates rowdy's naughty list status

Thank you for your input.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #4120 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 12:58:19 »
1000!

[EDIT]

No... Bbbut why?

... ...

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #4121 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 12:58:52 »
1000!

Show Image

not really yet ;) but grats in a post

Off topic posts don't count madhias
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #4122 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 13:00:30 »
Now!

[EDIT]

No. OK, OK.
... ...

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #4123 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 13:01:00 »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #4124 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 02:28:07 »
Now!

Show Image

[EDIT]

No. OK, OK.

Getting Closer...
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 May 2016, 02:33:36 by Snowdog993 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4125 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 06:20:40 »
1000!

Show Image

[EDIT]

No... Bbbut why?

Show Image

Soon ... very soon ...

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4126 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 11:27:45 »
Esta chido el numero de posts que tengo.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4127 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 00:40:15 »

Show Image

One-one was a racehorse
Two-two was one too
One-one won one race
Two-two won one too

:)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #4128 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 07:20:17 »

Show Image

One-one was a racehorse
Two-two was one too
One-one won one race
Two-two won one too

You'd think rowdy?  You're getting there!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4129 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 22:07:34 »

Show Image

One-one was a racehorse
Two-two was one too
One-one won one race
Two-two won one too

You'd think rowdy?  You're getting there!

Ahahahaha It'll be a while before I get near Havlerson's post count!

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4130 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 15:26:59 »
Another small milestone right here! Must be the most active latvian member here now & ever. :D

Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline jaffers

« Reply #4131 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 15:33:54 »
My first warning

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #4132 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 23:03:44 »
My first warning

Are you proud of that? And what does that have to do with Milestone posts? Hmm.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4133 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:13:04 »
Another small milestone right here! Must be the most active latvian member here now & ever. :D

Show Image

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4134 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:13:35 »
My first warning

Show Image

Show Image

Oh the infamy of it! :eek:

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #4135 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 21:01:34 »
100th post.

(INSERT RANDOM MLG GIF HERE)

wow.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 May 2016, 21:04:41 by Olumin »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4136 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 21:09:48 »
My first warning

Show Image

Show Image

you're 27 warnings late son
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4137 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 05:49:24 »
100th post.

wow.

99th post :p

Posts in the "off topic" section don't count towards your total.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #4138 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 08:41:05 »
100th post.

wow.

99th post :p

Posts in the "off topic" section don't count towards your total.

What? I was confused too since it showed 99 posts before I posted this, I thought it didn't update yet. why doesn't it count, that doesn't make any sense? Now I ruined it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 May 2016, 09:50:08 by Olumin »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4139 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 09:21:51 »
why doesn't it count, that doesn't make any sense?

Only posts in subforums that directly relate to keyboards count towards your "official" post count.  :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4140 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 11:32:06 »

Only posts in subforums that directly relate to keyboards count towards your "official" post count.  :thumb:
THANKS STUPID CC ****POSTERS. RUINED IT FOR ALL OF US.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4141 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 11:53:16 »

I'm honestly not sure the initial reason for this.  It's been in place far longer than I've been a mod.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4142 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:03:34 »

I'm honestly not sure the initial reason for this.  It's been in place far longer than I've been a mod.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post requirements from artisan sales lead to **** posting to reach requirements. Thus we have this oppressive rule.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #4143 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:05:57 »

Post requirements from artisan sales lead to **** posting to reach requirements. Thus we have this oppressive rule.

You have over 25,000 posts. That would be something if they all counted.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4144 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:07:21 »

His official count has been borked for ages.  Don't believe the lies.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #4145 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:08:37 »

You're just jealous because you only have 16,311.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4146 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:09:47 »
Speaking of. I need to be reset. It's been awhile.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4147 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:16:12 »
Speaking of. I need to be reset. It's been awhile.

Enjoy the captcha!  ^-^

You're just jealous because you only have 16,311.

* HoffmanMyster is jealous of many things about demik but this is not one of them

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #4148 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:19:08 »
Glorious 1000 posts achieved! I did not see it the next day after my depressing finding that it is not easy to join this club!

Really LOL at these post counts:

Getting Closer...
... ...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4149 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 12:20:34 »
God damn it. Forgot about captcha OnO