Author Topic: Second Dutch Keyboard Meetup | 24th of September  (Read 15023 times)

Offline JorisBoers

• ORANGE IS LOVE, ORANGE IS LIVE
Second Dutch Keyboard Meetup | 24th of September
« on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 16:59:10 »
Hello everyone,

I am here once again to announce another Dutch Keyboard meetup. This one is going to be a bit different as the last one and details will all be in this post.

This meetup will, unlike the last one, not be held at the Cooler Master HQ but it will get held at the "TT hallen" in Assen. This is like last time in collaboration with the Cooler Master team as the meetup will be held at their booth at the LAN Event that is also going on along side it. (1125 participants so far)

Location and Time

The meetup will happen in the Cooler master booth on the second day of the event. Which is the Saturday,  24th september 2016, and be from 11:00AM to 15:00PM. That is the only day of the three days they have booth gets transformed in a keyboard meetup. This meetup will be more targeted to the newer people that are getting into keyboards, that is simply due to there being a lot of people that are there for the LAN and not the meetup specifically. The more knowledgeable or hardcore ;) are also very welcome but as it is held while the LAN is going on there will be a big chunk of keyboard 'newbs' which isn't a bad thing but just something to take note off ;)

Safety
Due to the meetup being held at such a big event I feel inclined to touch onto the subject of safety. Not necessarily safety for you but rather for you keyboard. Since there have been two cases (to my knowledge) where there was theft at a meetup and that is without those being held at a big event. So to get this meetup safely done we are going to set a limit on the amount of boards (which is 2) you can bring and make you aware on that you shouldn't bring your most prized item as we can't guarantee the safety. We (me and the CM crew) will keep close eyes on everything and it should all be fine but we just want to make it clear that this is an different situation than the last meetup. So it isn't to make you scared for the meetup it is just so everyone knows what is going on and what could happen (unlikely but still).

Tickets
To get in you will (unfortunately) need a ticket, which you can buy [here](https://tickets.thereality.nl/event/the-reality-xvii) But with that ticket you are not limited to the keyboard meetup. as you can see all the booths that are there. There are bunch to check out so it could be very cool/interesting for you.
Cooler Master have managed to get a couple of tickets to giveaway, there around 15 tickets to giveaway. Will let you guys know how to win those and or where as soon as I know.

Competition at the Meetup
There will also be a competition at the meetup where you can win a variation of prizes. There will be some categories in which your keyboard could win. The prizes come from Cooler Master and Originativeco and I would like to thank them for supplying these prices. Will tease them soon ;)

Edit

If you are planning on coming please fill out the strawpoll. So we know what we can expect. [strawpoll](http://www.strawpoll.me/11052516)

Closer
So with all that said I hope that I see you at the Dutch keyboard meetup of 24th september. If you want to go but need or would want to travel with other people then please join the DMKC (Dutch Mechanical Keyboard Community) Slack. There are already over 50 Dutch keyboard enthousiast who you can ask all kinds of stuff including if someone has a spot left in their car. (Parking will be free which is neat)

I am sure I missed something so be sure to ask me about any questions you might have (favorite color is orange so no need to ask that hehe) please ask and have a great day!

Joris

Links
Invitation form for the DMKC - https://goo.gl/forms/Mydt7iug5LModIy02
FAQ of The Reality - https://thereality.nl/faq/
Originativeco - https://www.originativeco.com/
Coolermaster - http://eu.coolermaster.com/nl/

More
Dear Dutch Clackers,

Teaser of the giveaway from 1upkeyboards.com

Today I have the pleasure of finally announcing the date of the Dutch Keyboard Meetup.
It is the 30th of April which is a Saturday. The meetup will be held at the Cooler Masters headquarters in Eindhoven.

There will be coffee, tea and water. All other refreshments can be bought at the local store (Albert Heijn, that is the name of the store for the people that don't know) So drinks and food are covered, partly by Cooler Master and partly by you. I will be looking to set up a account so people can join in on the snacks and additional drinks :)

We will have access to multiple rooms: Meeting rooms, cafeteria (IIRC closed on Saturday) and a game room. Yes, a game room with a lot of game PC's and these will be used to game and test different keyboards on. Not only the ones we bring but also some of their new line-up. There is also the option to go on a tour in the facility, including the storage area with a lot of awesome goods.

There will also be some giveaway action thanks to /u/skiwithpete from www.1upkeyboards.com and /u/LeandreN. There might be something else in the works but I can only tease you about it by saying something else might be giveaway. Thanks to those guys there will be the giveaway at the meetup so you could thank them for that. So that should be really fun ;D

[size=150]Location is only available to people that have commented before this edit, PM me if you need it.
[/size]
As for the time of the meetup, it will start at 11:00 AM and I urge you to be on time since we will close the doors after that. We will reopen them at a later point but this is to prevent theft of the items so that is why. The end time is 15:45 - 16:00 in which 16:00 is the time they want everyone out.

Parking is on the parking lot from Cooler Master and free so no need to worry about parking costs :)

You should be able to get to the location pretty easy through OV (Public Transportation), you can also come by car but that will be a bit harder due to the fact that the city Eindhoven has a lot of construction going on with the infrastructure so you may have to take alternative routes depending on where you come from. You can also get some cheaper train tickets here: http://www.spoordeelwinkel.nl/campagnes/audax/product/2eklas but that depends on where you are coming from. Would advise you to check it out though since it could save you quite some money.

This is a form so we all know what kind of boards we can expect and what kind of switches: http://goo.gl/forms/3D2G6jDhAx

Cheers

Link to the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4dt3v2/dutch_keyboard_meetup_30th_of_april/

Link to the Deskthority post: https://deskthority.net/off-topic-f10/dutch-meetup-is-there-any-interested-in-this-t12814.html

Here is a link to a Google Form so I can add you to the Slack group, if you are interested :) http://goo.gl/forms/aNswWJNwM2
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 August 2016, 08:24:53 by JorisBoers »
"I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - TenTenSeven

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Dutch Meetup, is there any interested in this?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:01:47 »
Yes please, can someone fly me over? Thanks <3

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:18:26 »
I'm in Amsterdam next weekend so I could partake but doubt it'd be that soon :cool:

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:21:38 »
I'm in Amsterdam next weekend so I could partake but doubt it'd be that soon :cool:

I'm sure you'll be partaking in something other than keyboards while you're there. ;)
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:28:38 »

Lets first focus on getting enough intrest and then on the part of getting you there ;)

That is a little too ambitious, if there is enough intrest for this weekend and we can get a location in such a short time period then maybe but you will probably be too soon for us.
You will have a good time anyway so no worries ;)
"I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - TenTenSeven

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:35:46 »
That's a cool idea. I live in Groningen, so I could travel let's say up to around Amsterdam/Rotterdam. But not Tilburg or Breda, that would be a bit too far for me.

But I like the idea!

It's interesting.. I am also on the Dutch Python Mailing List and it seems that GH is better represented amongst the Dutch then Python. That mailing list is almost empty and meetups are almost impossible to arrange.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:54:18 »
That's a cool idea. I live in Groningen, so I could travel let's say up to around Amsterdam/Rotterdam. But not Tilburg or Breda, that would be a bit too far for me.

But I like the idea!

It's interesting.. I am also on the Dutch Python Mailing List and it seems that GH is better represented amongst the Dutch then Python. That mailing list is almost empty and meetups are almost impossible to arrange.

Thanks, alright that is understandable but we will have to see how much responses there will be. It think it will take about 8 -10 hours for comments to come in :)
You can give it a shot, to send this link,  maybe some are interested in this.

Hope this can become a reality :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:55:32 »
Did you try posting on Deskthority? They've got a large European population.

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 18:04:03 »
Did you try posting on Deskthority? They've got a large European population.

Not yet, good idea. I was almost going to bed  :-X

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 19:05:54 »
Good idea! Definitely interested.

I don't think there are a lot of geekhackers living in the Netherlands though. I just know of FreeChemicals, JaccoW (I think) and sth.

I'll chip in 50 USD for the CPTBadAss Flight Foundation. ;)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 02:10:33 »

I don't think there are a lot of geekhackers living in the Netherlands though. I just know of FreeChemicals, JaccoW (I think) and sth.

there's also bucake right?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 02:24:38 »

If I can use air miles!

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 03:40:50 »

You never know, just trying to get as many people aware as possible :D

Yeah, at least his profile stated he is from the Netherlands so I think he is  :p

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 04:04:56 »

I'm sure you'll be partaking in something other than keyboards while you're there. ;)

Everyone seems to think I'm going for that stuff because of my age but no :confused:

Surprise Valentines trip with the girlfriend :-*

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 05:06:28 »

Everyone seems to think I'm going for that stuff because of my age but no :confused:

Ahhhh, with the Girlfriend so the Red light district it is then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hahaha, sorry. Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 07:24:03 »

Basically, the only way you can attend a keyboard meetup is by persuading your GF for a romantic trip? ;)

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 08:22:21 »
If it's close enough to Belgium, I'd consider joining.
pls gief bbv2

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 08:27:34 »
O btw I'm interested most definitely. Of course, depends on time + place.

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 10:55:21 »

Awesome to hear that you are interested, that is obvious isn't it? lol
I hope to get one in the next two weeks (Location that is)

Awesome that you want to cross the border ;)
I hope to get a location in the next two weeks

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 11:00:38 »

Awesome to hear that you are interested, that is obvious isn't it? lol
I hope to get one in the next two weeks (Location that is)

Awesome that you want to cross the border ;)
I hope to get a location in the next two weeks

So.. what is the idea of the meat up? bring kb's? pray to our mech kb overlord? sacrifice some rubberdomes in a burning ritual? there must be goodies :D we need a t-shirt... :p

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:22:26 »

So.. what is the idea of the meat up? bring kb's? pray to our mech kb overlord? sacrifice some rubberdomes in a burning ritual? there must be goodies :D we need a t-shirt... :p

Well, bring your keyboard(s) and other stuff that has something to do with keyboards. I am sure you will be able to pray, although I ain't to sure if they will like a smell of burning plastic for the coming year in their building :p

We will figure those out when the location is confirmed. I should be able to get one this week, so keep an eye out. If you want to design a T-Shirt than that is okay, that would be pretty sweet ;3

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:57:45 »

Well, bring your keyboard(s) and other stuff that has something to do with keyboards. I am sure you will be able to pray, although I ain't to sure if they will like a smell of burning plastic for the coming year in their building :p

We will figure those out when the location is confirmed. I should be able to get one this week, so keep an eye out. If you want to design a T-Shirt than that is okay, that would be pretty sweet ;3

Cool..cool I'll try to think of a design over the weekend. Is there like an svg or vector image of the GH logo?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 18:13:52 »
Shhh, I'm trying to stay hidden. ;)

MrInterface @Deskthority is Dutch I believe.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline iri

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 04:31:22 »
ITT: Beneluxers talking about "far" and "close".
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 07:37:35 »
It's funny right? Driving similar distances in Germany or the US is not as tiring as driving in the Benelux where you have to keep your eyes on the road all the time.

Tbh due to the car density, overall interconnectedness and the resulting traffic jams a 2 hour drive can turn into 4 hours if you are unlucky. Imagine what a "fun" trip Brussels <350km> Groningen can be. Even at 2 pm you already have a 50 minute delay because you have to get past Utrecht.
It's similar to driving from London to Liverpool or New York City to Washington in one go.
Just imagine throwing in a couple of major cities on the road in between. :P
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 07:49:39 »
I would be up to feel up someone else's board  :-*

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 08:26:19 »
Biertje? 8)
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline iri

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 12:44:24 »
It's funny right? Driving similar distances in Germany or the US is not as tiring as driving in the Benelux where you have to keep your eyes on the road all the time.

Tbh due to the car density, overall interconnectedness and the resulting traffic jams a 2 hour drive can turn into 4 hours if you are unlucky. Imagine what a "fun" trip Brussels <350km> Groningen can be. Even at 2 pm you already have a 50 minute delay because you have to get past Utrecht.
It's similar to driving from London to Liverpool or New York City to Washington in one go.
Just imagine throwing in a couple of major cities on the road in between. :P
I've heard you have good trains there though.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 13:32:25 »

Well, you failed with your hiding. Huehuehue

Intrested in feeling up other things? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Biertje? 8)

Zeker, alleen duurt de locatie nog zeker 2+ weken omdat mijn contactpersoon persoonlijke problemen heeft op het moment en dat heeft (natuurlijk) voorrang.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 18:24:20 »
Heheheh, if I still lived there I might've just tagged along xD .

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:48:05 »

Gewoon met de pond, een weekendje Nederland is ook niet verkeerd ;)

Translation: Just go with the boat, a weekend in the Netherlands isn't too bad ;)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:03:13 »
Cool, I'm curious about the location.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 18:39:49 »

Translation: Just go with the boat, a weekend in the Netherlands isn't too bad ;)
I work during weekends, and have no money :p .

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 05:30:55 »
Cool, I'm curious about the location.

I should have known that last Monday but due to some problems it will take a bit longer. I should be able to confirm something in 2-3 weeks. Sorry that it takes so long :(

I work during weekends, and have no money :p .

Can't you take a weekend of then? the second part is something I can't really help you with lol
Maybe the second meet up, but I should focus on this first one before I start speculating about a second one lol

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 16:10:44 »
Boomp

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 11:11:18 »

Hey guys,

In case you missed it the IC is going a step further now that the location is revealed :D

Hope to see some of you come to the Meetup :D

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 12:20:59 »
Eindhoven is a long way but I might be interested in the 23rd.
The location is cool though. :thumb:
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 12:37:46 »

Awesome, I am trying to get some other stuff going on like some giveaways but that is in the works so no promises ;)
Hope you can come :D

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 12:45:53 »

Choose the date you can feel up someone else's board. Check the OP for more info :D

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 13:01:37 »
Awesome, I am trying to get some other stuff going on like some giveaways but that is in the works so no promises ;)
I'll try bringing some boards from my signature like the Déck Legend, the Orion + Lightpad and my Leopold FC660M.
Hell, maybe I will even bring along some keysets that people don't get to see that often.
Like NIQmods and Skull Squadron. ;)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 13:08:24 »

Choose the date you can feel up someone else's board. Check the OP for more info :D

Done ;)

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 14:54:03 »
I'll try bringing some boards from my signature like the Déck Legend, the Orion + Lightpad and my Leopold FC660M.
Hell, maybe I will even bring along some keysets that people don't get to see that often.
Like NIQmods and Skull Squadron. ;)

Hot. Damn. That would be super sick, really cool :D
I am on 15 entry's so far after a day so I think we will end with 24 people give or take since some haven't seen the posts so with some time there will be a lot of people admiring your boards and sets ;)

Done ;)

Awesome :D

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 03:48:13 »
aw rats. i won't be here in april. have fun guys.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 07:11:07 »
Won't have my white fox by then so can only bring my hhkb

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 09:16:22 »
aw rats. i won't be here in april. have fun guys.

Nooo, now we will have to tease you with pictures when it is all over  :p

Hopefully you can make it to the next one ;)

Won't have my white fox by then so can only bring my hhkb

All good. I hope my Golbat will be with me by then but I am afraid not :s

So I will probably just stick with my HHKB and KBP v60 and some other little items ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 10:11:48 »
This is a thinly veiled excuse for your respective girlfriends I bet..

Clearly an attempt to divert attention from the fact that you've all been organizing a European sex-tour..

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 13:53:26 »
This is a thinly veiled excuse for your respective girlfriends I bet..

Clearly an attempt to divert attention from the fact that you've all been organizing a European sex-tour..

****. GUYS RUN, HE IS ON TO US

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 08:02:52 »
I hope Belgians are allowed ;)

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 13:09:20 »
I hope Belgians are allowed ;)

They are, Germans aswel if they are willing to come :D

Offline JorisBoers

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 03:57:21 »
The date will be chosen in a week or so. So if you haven't already, fill out the form :D

So far 42 people have filled in the form which is more than double of the numbers I expected which is amazing tbh