Author Topic: Those who hate their job and think their boss is an idiot sign in here!  (Read 1900 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
I hate this job.

Have to deal with people whom I don't like.

Have very very very long hours (and am always called to handle other people's work for even longer hours, simple because some people call in sick and I don't).

Not good paying at all, but am just staying in this job until something better opens up.

My boss is an idiot.

OK, I know most people have similar experiences as me. So sign in here! It's not often nowadays that I get a breather to sit at the computer and rant during working hours. Would be very interesting to see this post get 100 replies by tomorrow.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Belfong

Re: Those who hate their job and think their boss is an idiot sign in here!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 03:22:00 »
i hate my job too....
but i am stuck..
the feeling of being stuck in your job with no where to go is a very bad feeling. I'm like a trapped and cornered animal.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 03:27:57 »
I love my job!!...oh wait, wrong thread

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 03:33:29 »
Show Image

I love Elzy

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 06:10:13 »
Show Image

my foot! the last time we talked, you were saying they hadn't paid you!

(or was that an excuse to get out of our deal?)  :p :p :p
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 06:15:27 »
I don't necessarily hate my job, I just dislike my manager. I am very frank with him and I tell it to his face what I feel or think he is doing. But, he took it personally, and he even has the nerve to tell me that I am not professional. All I care about is getting the work done. He can go ****ing do whatever the **** he wants. I do not wish anything bad to happen to him or his family though, maybe just a really bad toe stub, you know the one where you fall to the ground? that I would love to see.

Offline gain

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 06:24:22 »
If I'm still at my current job in 1 years time my avatar is going to become very relevant

I just wanna help people and carve out a living

Offline lolpes

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 06:26:54 »
Show Image

my foot! the last time we talked, you were saying they hadn't paid you!

(or was that an excuse to get out of our deal?)  :p :p :p

That does not influence my opinion on whether or not I like my job and/or my co-workers :) Payment difficulties where very much true and a pain for a while, basically they did what was more convenient for them (which I didn't like as you know) but that reflects the accountant part of the company. I like my boss, my co-workers (even the guy from accounting because aside from the payment delay, he was the one who helped me setup the bank account in order to get paid in the first place) and I like what I do :)

And no, If I wanted to get out of deal, I would just get out of the deal :p:p

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 07:29:51 »
That does not influence my opinion on whether or not I like my job and/or my co-workers :) Payment difficulties where very much true and a pain for a while, basically they did what was more convenient for them (which I didn't like as you know) but that reflects the accountant part of the company. I like my boss, my co-workers (even the guy from accounting because aside from the payment delay, he was the one who helped me setup the bank account in order to get paid in the first place) and I like what I do :)

And no, If I wanted to get out of deal, I would just get out of the deal :p:p

I am actually down several hundred dollars now thanks to losing the receipts for some company expenses that I paid on my dime first. I hope these are somewhere in my house and that clearing them/ sending out people's things will reveal the receipts hiding in some corner or under some box.

My whole house is in such a mess you won't believe it. Family members are real mad, too. And no, while keyboard items are a big part of the mess, they're confined to two rooms. The rest of the house is also a mess. I don't feel like going home (still at work anyway) because I hate to see that mess and go through all of the many, many orders I have yet to process.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 08:26:26 »
I love my job but dislike my boss as a professional. He's a nice person, but he definitely should not have his position.

It's outstanding how some people can climb the corporate ladder with no clear understanding of what their actual role requires. If anything, I feel like I report to a glorified secretary to the CTO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: Thu, 28 April 2016, 10:44:42 by aaron6301 »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 08:29:47 »
Not that I hate it, but I really don't like the whole corporate atmosphere. Too stuffy/prim and proper. Maybe it's just where I work.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 08:48:49 »
I'm starting a geekhack communist party, perfect for you all in this thread. Your bourgeoisie pig of a boss won't be smirking when you sieze his assets during the revolution.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 13:39:14 »
I feel you, that has been my experience with every other job but this new one I just started! This is the first time I would say hi to my boss outside of work because I want to. Also like half of the people have mechanical keyboards AND one of them has a Kinesis advantage!!! Its with Mx Brown but I dont judge (I judge the **** out of him)

Worst paying job Ive had, most rewarding, and most creative position Ive had in my life! Hopefully this startup is makes it. Really think the platform has potential
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 13:39:59 »
What is a job?

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 13:48:19 »
i used to like my job and sometimes i do like what i do but i'm severely under paid for what i do. help desk tech by title system admin by actual work load. .... so i spend alot of time on geek hack during the day :))
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 13:51:41 »
Like my job. Boss can be an ass. Coworkers can be *******s. Clients can be *******s.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 15:28:28 »
I like my job, but most days I can't go twenty minutes without someone bothering me or asking me a question that's been answered 100 times (not even callers, I mean co-workers). People wonder why I am grumpy...

My boss is a good manager, but does not manage properly for the rest of my team. He is more comfortable with delegating and socializing, where what we really need is a coach (most of the issues we have are due to lack of confidence).

I have a lot of responsibilities, none of which are covered under my current job title. Why do more work if the guy next to me does 1/5 of the work, shows up late very frequently, and we get paid the same? I'm getting to the point where I don't care anymore.

There are a lot of things we don't do, like managing information assets (a problem for which I've found a solution that will have major benefits to the way we collaborate); but despite senior leadership being aware, we fall on deaf ears...

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 02:03:11 »
In my current job I've been lied to, sold off, abandoned, backstabbed, blackmailed, enslaved, threatened, insulted, and left for dead, in that order, and I'll be thrown to the wolves soon. You can probably tell how happy I am right now.
Check my keyboard video reviews: