Author Topic: Hi from the Bay Area  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Zoomtech

Hi from the Bay Area
« on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 16:12:21 »
Hey Im Zoomtech and I still am pretty new to keyboards.
I came across Taehae Types on youtube and that is what inspired me to come here to learn more about mechanical keyboards and eventually creating some myself.
I just got my first custom cable and some pudding keycaps to start out but I want to start getting cooler keycaps as well.
My keyboard is a Drop CTRL right now and i cant wait to start trying to build my own keyboard soon hopefully so thank you for having me and I am looking forward to everything to come :)

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hi from the Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 10:41:21 »
Hi Zoomtech. Welcome to Geekhack.

I have drooled over the Drop CTRL myself.

What switches have you tried? Which do you like?

Offline Zoomtech

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 11:07:56 »
Right now I have tried the holy pandas and cherry blue switches and I’m waiting for novel key olive keycaps to restock to try those! I like the holy pandas right just because blue is too loud for my preferences.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 12:27:17 »
Right now I have tried the holy pandas and cherry blue switches and I’m waiting for novel key olive keycaps to restock to try those! I like the holy pandas right just because blue is too loud for my preferences.

Nice. I have only heard good things about holy pandas. I'm a clicky guy myself, so I haven't tried them. Some day. Is it specifically the noise, or the pitch? Kailh box jades and pinks feel way better than any MX clickies, and they're pleasantly crisp and bassy. Those caps are sharp. They would probably look great on the DZ60 I'll be assembling if the parts ever arrive, since I went with a walnut case.