Author Topic: New Adafruit Trinket Microcontroller ($8)  (Read 3300 times)

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
New Adafruit Trinket Microcontroller ($8)
« on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:37:38 »
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
Re: New Adafruit Trinket Microcontroller ($8)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:39:03 »
No, there aren't enough I/O pins.

EDIT: With 5 I/O pins the biggest matrix you can make is 2x3, which is 6 keys. If you just want to make a little 6 key macro-pad, then I guess you could use this.

EDIT2:
It has a total of 5 GPIO, unless you want to use USB, then you just get 3. You wouldn't even be able to do a numberpad with it

Nice catch on the shared pins! With only 3 I/O pins you would only be able to get 3 keys.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:52:40 by The_Ed »
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:48:06 »
It has a total of 5 GPIO, unless you want to use USB, then you just get 3. You wouldn't even be able to do a numberpad with it

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 15:51:38 »

Nice catch on the shared pins! With only 3 I/O pins you would only be able to get 3 keys.
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline wcass

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:51:43 »
but that would be enough for a PS2/USB adapter. how much memory does Soarer's need?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 20:57:36 »
no need to buy someone else's board for soarer's code. we can spec our own atmel based board and have it wave soldered. that would give us an easier path toward pcb mount connectors on the serial side of soarer's design.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline wcass

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 23:12:23 »
no need to buy someone else's board for soarer's code. we can spec our own atmel based board and have it wave soldered. that would give us an easier path toward pcb mount connectors on the serial side of soarer's design.
yeah, i'ld buy that!

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 01:42:13 »
After talking in the IRC channel, we decided this might not be bad if you wanted to do a 1% keyboard, for doing morse code!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 12:55:12 »
yeah, i'ld buy that!
yah, basically you just expose enough pins to cover every possibility on the pcb mount connector and then you hand solder perfboard that maps those pins properly to every common pcb mount connector for the keyboard. i'd actually like to get this done and made by the time i'm out of this run of multimode adapters. these adapters are _fantastic_ for ps2, but they don't handle the exotic interfaces, and i suspect i can match their price at quantity with our homegrown solution.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 12:59:52 »
yeah, i'ld buy that!
yah, basically you just expose enough pins to cover every possibility on the pcb mount connector and then you hand solder perfboard that maps those pins properly to every common pcb mount connector for the keyboard. i'd actually like to get this done and made by the time i'm out of this run of multimode adapters. these adapters are _fantastic_ for ps2, but they don't handle the exotic interfaces, and i suspect i can match their price at quantity with our homegrown solution.

^^ definitely buying this