Author Topic: Jojo (anime)  (Read 2572 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Jojo (anime)
« on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 20:52:49 »
Your thoughts ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Jojo (anime)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 21:18:18 »
I don't at all understand why people like this show. I've given multiple honest attempts at trying to get into is. I watched the entire first series (Phantom Blood) and thought it was some of the hokiest poorly developed nonsense that ever bored me half way to death. Everyone said "Oh no, Stardust Crusaders is WAAAAY better" so I tried that and hated it for the same exact reasons.
One thing that really bothers me about the show is how there will be a scene that takes place over like 20 years and it will go by in about 2mins of show time. Then there will be a scene where like someone walks across a room in 4 seconds and it will be a 9 minute scene with retarded close ups and them doing like ten thousand twirls and hand flips in those 4 seconds. And all the women are written as these braindead dip****s that would forget to breath if a big strong androgynous Misfits reject wasn't there to keep them from choking on their own tongues.

I don't get it man.

Offline Rika

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 21:25:51 »
I don't at all understand why people like this show. I've given multiple honest attempts at trying to get into is. I watched the entire first series (Phantom Blood) and thought it was some of the hokiest poorly developed nonsense that ever bored me half way to death. Everyone said "Oh no, Stardust Crusaders is WAAAAY better" so I tried that and hated it for the same exact reasons.
One thing that really bothers me about the show is how there will be a scene that takes place over like 20 years and it will go by in about 2mins of show time. Then there will be a scene where like someone walks across a room in 4 seconds and it will be a 9 minute scene with retarded close ups and them doing like ten thousand twirls and hand flips in those 4 seconds. And all the women are written as these braindead dip****s that would forget to breath if a big strong androgynous Misfits reject wasn't there to keep them from choking on their own tongues.

I don't get it man.
Hmm? 20 year gaps, that happens maybe 2 or 3 in P1 1/2 in 2 (depending how things are cut, these are max), pretty much once each part, though apart from maybe 2-3 or 3-4 never to that extreme, I presume you were exaggerating anyway, but there's rarely even a year jump out of those, can think of maybe 2 or 3

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Offline Rika

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 21:28:05 »
Not against what you're saying, just that that's some extreme exaggeration for both, although, not 100% familiar, especially P1 and P3 pacing in the anime as I was dropping in but watching most eps as I had read the manga a decent while back and we just wanted some laughs

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 21:32:42 »
I like the animation style, especially in the new show(s) but that's about it.
Probably not ok to say this in 2021, but all the characters in the show seem very very gay. It's like Fist Of The North Star but gay.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 09:50:55 »
The plot really doesn't make sense in the second season.

There are a million ways the stone guys could do what they want to do WITHOUT the gem.

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 12:52:56 »
Everyone said "Oh no, Stardust Crusaders is WAAAAY better" so I tried that and hated it for the same exact reasons.
Stardust Crusaders is definitely better as a manga. I mean, the manga is better overall but it's extra obvious with part 3.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 19:11:31 »
were watching an episode just now,  they did this painful looking kick , Tp4 winced and turned his neck abruptly to the right,  A sudden sharp pain shot up along the base of the left side.

Essentially Tp4 was struck by hamon-energy through the monitor,  Now in alot of pain.

This show is too much.

GDI rubbing it is not helping / upset.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 21:48:02 »
what kind of parents names their kids jonathan joestar and robert e.o. speedwagon
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 21:50:29 »
what kind of parents names their kids jonathan joestar and robert e.o. speedwagon

That's probably the Jpn author stereotyping white people.

It's like if we named an american,  mcdonald patriot hotdog

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 23:07:47 »
Probably not ok to say this in 2021, but all the characters in the show seem very very gay. It's like Fist Of The North Star but gay.

No sure, it's really only gay, if Noisyturtle is triggered.  If whatever IT IS, does not trigger, then it's just Monke doing monke things.

Imagine people did not wear cloths, if instead of a wave hello, people posed elaborately, none of those things are determinants of gay-status.

In fact, pretty much every place outside of the USA, men touch each other frequently, often hundreds of times in an hour, I believe it was in brazil..  ONLY in america, is there this unspoken rule that men don't touch.

Some posit this is a consequence of plague culture peaking after the Spanish flu, but then there's also the whole religious fiction.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 23:36:40 »

No sure, it's really only gay, if it Noisyturtle is triggered.  If whatever IT IS, does not trigger, then it's just Monke doing monke things.

Imagine people did not wear cloths,  imagine if instead of a wave hello, people posed elborately, none of that are determinants of gay-status.

In fact, pretty much every place outside of the USA, men touch each other frequently, often hundreds of times in an hour, I believe it was in brazil..  ONLY in america, is there this unspoken rule that men don't touch.

Some posit this is a consequence of plague culture peaking after the Spanish flu, but then there's also the whole religious fiction.

When I watch Jojo I feel like I'm watching Rupaul run a Kumite in the DBZ universe

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 17:43:02 »
Starting S-Crusader now...

Offline Rika

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 20:23:59 »
I mean, joestar and speedwagon are the family names (so in that case sad for them)
But Jonathan and Robert are quite normal and common names over here so...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 15:51:22 »
Calling it,  it's not ghey,  it's using the style as a ploy to troll the audience sparking side quest discussion to promote the product.

There's nothing straight up ghey about what they do.

Offline yui

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 01:57:54 »

There's nothing straight up ghey about what they do.

nice pun there :)
and about the show, i am very much not a fan of manga or anime, but some of the music coming from that show is great, the memes are rather funny, and there are worse drawn animes around for sure. Although sometimes from the very little i saw it looks like the basic boobies anime but for straight women/gay men/deadpools.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 13:01:49 »
Ok, are the sound effects crappy or are my speakers just too trash..

The parts where they're fighting the dimension eater guy, in stardust crusader,  when he's eating up the walls , it just sounds like fart noises.

Also, when fighting Dio, again, poot noises ??

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 15:42:19 »

The parts where they're fighting the dimension eater guy, in stardust crusader,  when he's eating up the walls , it just sounds like fart noises.

Show Image

The sound is generally a huge step down from the Capcom Jojo games, which were cool enough to inspire memes in the pre-MySpace days.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 17:39:22 »

Show Image

The sound is generally a huge step down from the Capcom Jojo games, which were cool enough to inspire memes in the pre-MySpace days.

Ahhh man I had Jojo on Dreamcast and it was so freakin cool. Had no idea it was a manga at the time. That 2D game is sick though. Reminds me of the Atomis Wave FotNS game. Weird how Jojo and Fist are linked throughout time. I guess Kenshiro and Joestar do look almost identical too.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 19:27:11 »
That rom cart for dreamcast, if only it wasn't so expensive.

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 14:57:54 »
That rom cart for dreamcast, if only it wasn't so expensive.
It sat in one of my local game shops for years without being bought. I did get the PS1 version, though.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 15:43:02 »
funny jojo reference goes here

Offline alphanoob

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 11:54:18 »
I love jojo