Author Topic: [IC] PBT Hive - Group Buy January 24th!  (Read 67104 times)

Offline shoobopper

Re: [IC] PBT Hive - Update
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 19:40:08 »
Just got the newsletter from The Key Company which included a PBT Hive announcement! For those interested, the listing is posted here: https://thekey.company/products/infinikey-hive

It's a shame that the kits were merged together and no yellow pbt spacebar though :'(

EDIT: I meant no split yellow spacebar
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 January 2020, 01:56:49 by shoobopper »

Offline piit79

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 01:14:32 »
Just got the newsletter from The Key Company which included a PBT Hive announcement! For those interested, the listing is posted here: https://thekey.company/products/infinikey-hive

It's a shame that the kits were merged together and no yellow pbt spacebar though :'(
That's InfiniKey for you. I'm surprised we didn't hear about this here first...

There are yellow spacebars in the Mega kit, are they not PBT?

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 01:16:25 »
Is there a EU proxy or only tkc?

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6013 via Tapatalk

Offline vi0till

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 01:26:17 »

Agree, they also removed icon mod kit. They are putting the spacebar in Mega Kit and Yellow Accent in Novelty Kit. I dont think I ever need that much key for 60% layout.

Sorry, but I dont think this will a great buy.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 02:16:37 »
The large kits are due to Infinikey's very large MOQ for all kits - child kits have a MOQ of 300 from what I've heard. The core kits are a new thing TKC are trying out to provide more basic compatibility at a lower price. It's worth noting that the "mega" kit will likely be around $120 and the core kit will be around $70-80, based on previous sets/statements.

Offline growler

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 02:25:19 »
Only way to get a yellow spacebar is the mega kit? Also, no render of the novelty kit, so not 100pct sure what's in that....

growler

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline VXQN

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 04:26:54 »
What colour is the base kit? In some pictures/renders it looks black/grey but in others there's a definite blue tint...

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 12:03:20 »
Coo, will be buying into this. From previous experience I’m not really concerned about Infinikey provided the cost isn’t crazy.

Offline ogWalker

Re: [IC] PBT Hive - Group Buy January 24th!
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:16:10 »
Update January 20th, 2020

Group Buy Starts January 24th!

Super excited for this, we have done some super dope stuff for the set that we hope you will enjoy!

-walker

Offline itskitsos

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 22:38:24 »
My body is ready.

Deskmat tho?

Offline MrFurrior

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 02:13:38 »
I'm disappointed with the novelties kit, there's quite a few duplicates from the base and the only one most people will want is the space bar.

Offline Datastream

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 04:56:34 »
I'm disappointed with the novelties kit, there's quite a few duplicates from the base and the only one most people will want is the space bar.

So much this. I want that spacebar but don't want to pay for the others in that kit...

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 08:19:33 »

From the TKC discord:

the only reason it happened here was because for some random reason before they left for CNY they sent us a quote for hive, we had looked at it and even though novelties were included in the mega photos they had done it separately.
We don't wanna push the buy back more weeks because of an issue as simple as quotes missing

Offline helborne

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 19:46:06 »
i'd love to see some smaller yellow spacebars for split builds, 2.75, 2.25, maybe a 1.5.  In for this whether they happen or not.

Offline infinitykw

• Amazed by the beauty of industrial design
    • zFrontier Profile
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 20:40:04 »
Can’t believe the only way to get accent spacebar is to buy the maga kit, and you miss accent esc and enter if you only buy a mega kit, so you need to also get a novelty kit lol.  Out
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2020, 20:50:35 by infinitykw »

Offline growler

« Reply #165 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 21:52:48 »
Can’t believe the only way to get accent spacebar is to buy the maga kit, and you miss accent esc and enter if you only buy a mega kit, so you need to also get a novelty kit lol.  Out
I get MOQs are high, but is the current setup really the best way to organise the kits? A lot of people seem to think this is quite badly thought out ...

growler

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 23:39:09 »
I get MOQs are high, but is the current setup really the best way to organise the kits? A lot of people seem to think this is quite badly thought out ...

growler
I think most people would be happy if they add the yellow bars to core kit and bump price by 10$ or so.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline growler

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 23:54:48 »

growler
I think most people would be happy if they add the yellow bars to core kit and bump price by 10$ or so.

I certainly would be! Maybe throw in a funky escape key as well.

growler

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 12:55:45 »

growler

I certainly would be! Maybe throw in a funky escape key as well.

growler

From the TKC discord:

the only reason it happened here was because for some random reason before they left for CNY they sent us a quote for hive, we had looked at it and even though novelties were included in the mega photos they had done it separately.
We don't wanna push the buy back more weeks because of an issue as simple as quotes missing

So, hoping the kits will change seems to be in vain.

For myself it's not a big deal, idc about the yellow spacebar and just want the hive looking one. Buying a couple extra keys doesn't matter, we are spending hundreds on keyboards.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 January 2020, 12:59:42 by Mr_BeastQuake »

Offline Meerccy

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 16:21:25 »
This was a safe purchase from me until the kits were updated. I don't want to have to pay too much and have keys that I will never use just to get the yellow space. In addition I will also have to buy the novelties that are repeated for $ 25 no thanks

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:43:17 »
It does seem like an odd combo. Which is too bad. Seems like a lot. And I like this better than gmk honey. Big fan of PBT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline TalksToChalk

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 19:22:38 »
Does the Core Kit come with a 2u Shift Key? I cant tell from the photos. It seems it comes with 2X 2.25u shift keys but that seems redundant to me.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 20:12:35 »
It's crazy that to get this combo requires buying the mega, monochrome and novelties kits. I'd have enough keys left over for 2 more keyboards that I'd rather put different keys on. Mechmarket is going to be a mess with everyone selling their trash...

I want it, but I just don't think I can, unless its dirt cheap.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 20:25:25 »
Does the Core Kit come with a 2u Shift Key? I cant tell from the photos. It seems it comes with 2X 2.25u shift keys but that seems redundant to me.

Core doesn't contain 2u shift. Including 2 2.25u shifts is for 660 layout coverage.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #174 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 21:12:57 »
It's crazy that to get this combo requires buying the mega, monochrome and novelties kits. I'd have enough keys left over for 2 more keyboards that I'd rather put different keys on. Mechmarket is going to be a mess with everyone selling their trash...

Show Image

I mean it’s not really that crazy... you want a secondary alpha color and a secondary spacebar color, with most GMK you’d have to buy 3 kits.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 21:18:11 »

Show Image

I mean it’s not really that crazy... you want a secondary alpha color and a secondary spacebar color, with most GMK you’d have to buy 3 kits.
But not having the accent space bar in base kit is kinda crappy. A real miss imo.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 21:24:38 »

Show Image

But not having the accent space bar in base kit is kinda crappy. A real miss imo.

Accent spacebar is quite often not in base, it's not exactly a common thing. It has also already been covered that the mega kit and novelties were meant to be one kit.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 21:40:32 »
Hey Guys!

Just to cover a few things, first of all, big unfortunate mistake with the Novelties not being in base that unfortunately would have taken weeks to fix as they gave me the quote the day before CNY was slated to start so I would have had to wait on another quote that would have taken about 3 weeks to reproduce, so we've tried to compromise just a little bit.

For TKC only, if you order the MEGA Base set along with the novelties/accent kit, you will get 15$ off of the Novelty order. This makes the novelties cost 10$ total.

We hope this at least fixes the problem a tiny bit and shows that we are always listening to you guys and trying to provide the best service possible. Apologies again and thank you for your support of our business.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2020, 13:17:22 by TheKeyCompany »

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 22:50:46 »
Hey Guys!

Just to cover a few things, first of all, big unfortunate mistake with the Novelties not being in base that unfortunately would have taken weeks to fix as they gave me the quote the day before CNY was slated to start so I would have had to wait on another quote that would have taken about 3 weeks to reproduce, so we've tried to compromise just a little bit.

For TKC only, if you order the Base set along with the novelties/accent kit, you will get 15$ off of the Novelty order. This makes the novelties cost 10$ total.

We hope this at least fixes the problem a tiny bit and shows that we are always listening to you guys and trying to provide the best service possible. Apologies again and thank you for your support of our business.
Shame it's tkc only. Why do we as consumers suffer from purchasing from a proxy because we live in another part of the world

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 23:35:03 »
How thick will the keycaps be?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 00:16:00 »

~1.4mm which is the same as ePBT (measured both just now)

Offline growler

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 00:18:42 »
Hey Guys!

For TKC only, if you order the Base set along with the novelties/accent kit, you will get 15$ off of the Novelty order. This makes the novelties cost 10$ total.

That's a decent offer

growler

Offline Ahrimofnor

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 12:29:39 »
Splitting the monochrome alpha's from core/ mega kits is rough, even after tkc's kind gesture. Decent looking set, but I'd rather buy a new keyboard for the price of the caps.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 12:36:59 »
Splitting the monochrome alpha's from core/ mega kits is rough, even after tkc's kind gesture. Decent looking set, but I'd rather buy a new keyboard for the price of the caps.

Haha, that's the thing right? At this point there's so many sweet boards on the horizon, the urge to throw on cheap Taihao PBTs is just so tempting. I'll still keep an eye on this though, and see if I can work it in. TKC's deal makes it a little more bearable.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2020, 12:43:44 by Zeelobby »

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 12:52:35 »
Haha, that's the thing right? At this point there's so many sweet boards on the horizon, the urge to throw on cheap Taihao PBTs is just so tempting. I'll still keep an eye on this though, and see if I can work it in. TKC's deal makes it a little more bearable.

But Taihao isn't doing reverse dye-subbing... and doesn't offer nearly the compatibility/customization you're requesting...

Base ($80) + Monochrome ($35) = $115, add in Novelties ($25) and it's $125 (with TKC discount -$10). I'm having a hard time thinking of a comparable keyset that offers 2 alpha kits and like a million compatibility keys with novelties in reverse dye-subbed pbt at that price.

If the argument is $125 is too much for any keyset then OK, but I don't think there's much joy to be found on the GB keyset threads on GH.  I'm not trying to shoot down any criticism of this keyset, but I'm just not understanding the motivation for some of the negative feedback.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 13:06:52 »

But Taihao isn't doing reverse dye-subbing... and doesn't offer nearly the compatibility/customization you're requesting...

Base ($80) + Monochrome ($35) = $115, add in Novelties ($25) and it's $125 (with TKC discount -$10). I'm having a hard time thinking of a comparable keyset that offers 2 alpha kits and like a million compatibility keys with novelties in reverse dye-subbed pbt at that price.

If the argument is $125 is too much for any keyset then OK, but I don't think there's much joy to be found on the GB keyset threads on GH.  I'm not trying to shoot down any criticism of this keyset, but I'm just not understanding the motivation for some of the negative feedback.

Eh, it's just an opinion, I've spent twice as much on keysets I thought looked more interesting. This is a pretty basic looking one (imo). Doesn't make it a bad set, I still really like it, but it is money I could apply elsewhere. Clearly TKC took feedback from this forum, and gave a little boost to help convince people to buy in. Sharing opinions is always valuable.

It's a forum, people share opinions, negative and positive. That's kind of the point. No need to defend, can just accept and carry on. These being keysets, I imagine a lot of the "value" people are determining here has less to do with keys/$ and more to do with aesthetic, and very subjective.

My personal issue is that there's little accent caps in each set that I want, but don't want to have to buy every set. Accents could have been moved to a separate pack, or the core and mega could have at least had the same accent keys mixed in.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2020, 13:16:11 by Zeelobby »

Offline TalksToChalk

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 13:11:54 »
Such a weird decision to separate the yellow keys into two separate (but complete) sets. I could kit out two keyboards if I bought the mega, and the core.

Offline sonicdoooom

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 13:19:16 »

I think you missed the part where he mentioned you had to buy the Mega kit to receive the discount. So that's $125 for mega, +35 for mono, +10 for novelties(-15$ discount). $170 total

It would have been one hell of deal had the discount applied to the core set as well.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 13:29:49 »

I think you missed the part where he mentioned you had to buy the Mega kit to receive the discount. So that's $125 for mega, +35 for mono, +10 for novelties(-15$ discount). $170 total

It would have been one hell of deal had the discount applied to the core set as well.

TKC updated their post to add "MEGA" before "Base", my original post was thinking Base = Core.

You're right, with the Mega it's not as good a deal. You'd be getting a ****-ton of keys.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 14:07:15 »
Alright guys, we've been listening. And we think this is a fine change.

we're completely dropping novelty cost to 12$, regardless of what kit you purchase.

This will translate to proxies as well.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2020, 14:09:02 by TheKeyCompany »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #190 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 14:08:44 »

we're completely dropping novelty cost to 12$, regardless of what kit you purchase.
Mad props. TKC for the win!

Offline Meerccy

« Reply #191 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 15:38:40 »
It was not easier to leave everything as before, because this last minute change

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #192 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 22:08:46 »

Thanks alot!

Offline growler

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 22:27:21 »
Is this available to order from candykeys? It's on the site, but doesn't seem possible to buy it...

growler

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 23:43:41 »
Is this available to order from candykeys? It's on the site, but doesn't seem possible to buy it...

growler

Hey my friend, it should be, but most of the proxies work on different time frames so it should be available in the next 2-3 days

Offline Liub

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 23:46:11 »
Still waiting for ILUMKB also.

Offline Ahrimofnor

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 23:57:43 »

Bless your heart. Still a shame about no yellow spacebar in core kit but will probably end up picking this up.

Appreciate all you're doing!

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 03:03:15 »

~1.4mm which is the same as ePBT (measured both just now)

thank you!