Author Topic: Best Trackball?  (Read 12356 times)

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
Best Trackball?
« on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 04:43:04 »
Finally
I choose Trackball
For cheaper budget what best?
For overpriced budget what best?

I want programmable
Ambidextrous
soft sensor prefer optical
4buttons
scrool wheel
can for gaming(not sure)
durable
etc.
Where i can get in asia?

Old my question
Title:Mouse Ergo or/v Trackball
Hello All ;D

From My arms are sore. :(
I want to buy mice
but i confused for choosing mouse ergo/vertical(Evoluent,DXT.etc) or Trackball(Kensington,CST,Marble Logitech.etc)
Which better or same?

Thank you very much

« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 07:29:52 by yasuo »
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
Re: Mouse Ergo or/v Trackball
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 12:22:35 »
Have you heard of the Rollermouse or Mousetrapper?  Those are some more options.

http://ergo.contour-design.com/

http://www.thehumansolution.com/mouse-trapper-advanced-mouse.html

When it comes to mice, I discovered that you have to try a bunch of different mice before you find something that really fits you.  Personally, I prefer to use stationary mice that do not require a mouse pad, like trackballs and the Rollermouse.

Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline yasuo

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 18:34:54 »
Ah,Thanks Prdlm2009
Yes,i know rollermouse but i don't like mice in middle like laptop  :mad: :mad:
i see mouse ergo(like evoluent,dxt)without mousepad,you like too?
actually I use a mouse, pretty much
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 September 2013, 18:37:07 by yasuo »

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 04:39:12 »
posture
exercise
posture
grip and sensitivity
posture
rotate more input devices (left-/right-handed, different grips, different button locations)
posture
soft pad
posture

Offline yasuo

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 09:20:31 »
posture
exercise
posture
grip and sensitivity
posture
rotate more input devices (left-/right-handed, different grips, different button locations)
posture
soft pad
posture
ah yes,my posture indeed bad ^-^ because my chair may not recommended :rolleyes: but no problem actually.
my mice now like g100 logitech but smaller,my grip i don't have it,I often change  it uncertain but may palm/finger tip!
handedness also,often change too,uncertain.

Offline yasuo

Re: Best Trackball?
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 18:38:23 »
snip

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 19:36:55 »
Cst godlike  trackballs
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 20:18:56 »
I'm in the market for a trackball, to replace my mouse..

I was considering the CST Ltrac and the Kensington Slimblade

But in the end i think the CST made more sense to me..i'm saving up for it right now

I think it's higher quality and going to fit my needs better

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 22:06:32 »
If you also want to game, I wouldn't use a trackball. I've had some success using them in some types of games, but there's some games that you simply won't be able to play well using one.

Vertical mice on the other hand work quite well for gaming. Here's one for $11 shipped that's sold in Asia: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ergonomic-Design-WOWPEN-Vertical-USB-Optical-Mouse-JOY-Wrist-Pain-hot-USB-/221181040125?pt=Mice&hash=item337f6ad5fd

It would be a good way to try to see if you like it. I own one of these and they are pretty good. I would avoid Evoluent which is very expensive and not even that good. Anker is another brand of vertical mouse that I own and like, but it doesn't seem to be on amazon anymore.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline yasuo

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 00:21:40 »
If you also want to game, I wouldn't use a trackball. I've had some success using them in some types of games, but there's some games that you simply won't be able to play well using one.

Vertical mice on the other hand work quite well for gaming. Here's one for $11 shipped that's sold in Asia: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ergonomic-Design-WOWPEN-Vertical-USB-Optical-Mouse-JOY-Wrist-Pain-hot-USB-/221181040125?pt=Mice&hash=item337f6ad5fd

It would be a good way to try to see if you like it. I own one of these and they are pretty good. I would avoid Evoluent which is very expensive and not even that good. Anker is another brand of vertical mouse that I own and like, but it doesn't seem to be on amazon anymore.
yes,but not ambidextrous lower price and cheap ship
i hope they not bad :rolleyes:
I'm in the market for a trackball, to replace my mouse..

I was considering the CST Ltrac and the Kensington Slimblade

But in the end i think the CST made more sense to me..i'm saving up for it right now

I think it's higher quality and going to fit my needs better
What difference PC Trac an Ltrac?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 01:23:46 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 September 2013, 01:25:23 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 03:23:42 »
For gaming I wouldn't use a trackball.. It's possible, but you just can't get the same combination of speed and accuracy at the same time with a trackball (as you can with a good mouse and mouse acceleration turned off).

I would recommend a decent left handed mouse like the Razer Deathadder Left hand edition. It's more comfortable than "ambidextrous" mice and very good for gaming. Most ambidextrous mice are basically flat so you can use either hand, but flat is not ergonomic.

If you play a lot of MMO's, you may be interested that there is a left handed version of the Razer Naga :)
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 04:20:44 »
For gaming I wouldn't use a trackball.. It's possible, but you just can't get the same combination of speed and accuracy at the same time with a trackball (as you can with a good mouse and mouse acceleration turned off).

I would recommend a decent left handed mouse like the Razer Deathadder Left hand edition. It's more comfortable than "ambidextrous" mice and very good for gaming. Most ambidextrous mice are basically flat so you can use either hand, but flat is not ergonomic.

If you play a lot of MMO's, you may be interested that there is a left handed version of the Razer Naga :)
was interested in DA,but i finally get LUA,quite difficult buy DA in my country,and i not interested buy outside my country expens ship :mad:
and they has problem(left handed version particluary) on driver, i hope roccat making mouse left hand version :p

looks like a rebrand.

i believe l trac has 2 3.5mm on the back to attach switches to it while the pc trac doesnt

http://www.spectronicsinoz.com/product/pc-trac-kid-trac-and-micro-trac-deluxe-trackballs

http://www.spectronicsinoz.com/product/lasertrac-l-trac-and-l-tracx-high-performance-trackballs
oh thanks :D

that expensive  at the price of FILCO+ still Shipp though worth it!. i see pc track arround 50-80$ still looks good
i still confudes,what it really important the switachable (L track) i still less understand :rolleyes:
what pc trac have scroll wheel
can you explain :))

Thanks ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 September 2013, 04:55:16 by yasuo »

Offline yasuo

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 07:29:06 »
snip

Offline nomaded

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 17:56:43 »
My two favorite trackballs are no longer in production:

Microsoft Trackball Explorer
Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman

I love the control I get from using my index and middle fingers to control the trackball.

The Logitech one was recently discontinued, so it might be possible to find one in Asia. The Microsoft one has been discontinued for over 10 years, but they do show up on eBay from time to time (but that probably doesn't help you).

I have no problems gaming with the Trackman - just started playing Borderlands 2 with it.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline yasuo

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 23:12:37 »

I love the control I get from using my index and middle fingers to control the trackball.

The Logitech one was recently discontinued, so it might be possible to find one in Asia. The Microsoft one has been discontinued for over 10 years, but they do show up on eBay from time to time (but that probably doesn't help you).

I have no problems gaming with the Trackman - just started playing Borderlands 2 with it.
was interested logitech but they without scrool wheel unfortunately :(

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 23:33:43 »
Sanwa apparently makes a couple different types of trackball, but the hassle is ordering from Japanese sellers.

One seems to offer four buttons and a scroll wheel, and the other looks a lot like the popular MS and Logitech models.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 00:03:05 »
was interested sanwa but wireless  i don't like wireless because, I'm afraid they arrived exhausted battery :mad:
prefer bluetooth or w/cable usually
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 September 2013, 00:14:16 by yasuo »

Offline danthedeckie

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 01:15:02 »
I have, and am pretty happy with a "kensington orbit trackball with scroll ring" http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-K72337US-Orbit-Trackball-Scroll/dp/B002OOWB3O/
Although I do have it at a funny angle:

Offline yasuo

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 01:38:29 »
I have, and am pretty happy with a "kensington orbit trackball with scroll ring" http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-K72337US-Orbit-Trackball-Scroll/dp/B002OOWB3O/
Good,
 I was interesred that is low price too :)
what any isues/problem with it,so far?

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 02:05:21 »
It's only two buttons
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 05:16:08 »

was interested logitech but they without scrool wheel unfortunately :(

Cordless TrackMan Optical actually did have a scrolling wheel.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 05:21:07 »
but,not ambidextrous unfortunately ;D that RH version

Offline nomaded

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 11:18:45 »

That is definitely an interesting angle that you have for the Orbit. What are you using for the stand to provide the angle?

I have a Orbit mobile that I was using for several months, but was frustated by having only 2 buttons, and the weird scroll acceleration of the Kensington TrackballWorks driver.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad

Offline nomaded

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 11:20:40 »
but,not ambidextrous unfortunately ;D that RH version

Indeed, both the Cordless Optical Trackman and the MS Trackball Explorer are right-hand only. Luckily, I am still in a position to take advantage of this.

I'm sure we're all in the same boat, frustrated by the lack of trackballs on the market.
Dvorak

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 16:48:19 »
I have owned both the CST Ltrac and Kensington Slimblade.   The CST is certainly more durable of the two.  Its biggest downfall is the scroll, which requires the user to move their hand forward from the normal use position.

The Slimblade has a great scrolling feature that becomes very intuitive.  I also like the button programmability.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 17:22:16 »
I've only used the Kensington Slimblade Trackball, so it's the only one I can comment on.

Ergonomics: The shape of the unit is slim (hence the name) which provides for a comfortable resting position for the wrist. The size of the unit is just about right -- not too small or big. The 4 buttons are easy to reach. However, the top two buttons have a much higher actuation force required than the two bottom buttons. I personally don't like this, but I can see why the designers of the unit desired this effect. Overall, the ergonomics are pleasantly sufficient.

Programmability/Functionality: As mentioned above, the trackball has 4 buttons. The top 2 buttons can be programmed to pretty much do anything. I use them as Forward and Back buttons within my web browser. The trackball itself has a great scrolling feature which I really like. Vertical scrolling is done by simply twisting the trackball towards the left or right. Overall, I am very pleased with the programmability/functionality.

Aesthetics: The colors used are very appealing: dark silver body, some chrome lining near the trackball housing, and the trackball itself being a deep metallic red. The body can get glossy due to sweaty/greasy hands, so I really with the body had a matte finish. Overall, the unit looks pleasing enough for both home and office use. Just make sure to keep your hands dry and the unit clean.

I'm very happy/satisfied with my purchase. If I had to purchase a secondary trackball, I'd definitely go with the CST because of its simplicity and durability.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 22:36:37 »
Thanks all,it was very helpful
Right now,I'm interested  buying the old trackball because durabel and quality and quite low price
Whether, some use without  trackball scroll, but how to simulate it. like most old trackball CH, CTR PC Track. etc
if quite bad may, i will buying trackball modern like l track/kengsingston

Offline adrien239

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 19:59:13 »

Yes the same for me
I've an old one that I use everyday
And 2 other one in case of....

Never a better mouse
Using all macro with all software is really great for work

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 20:09:29 »
Can't go wrong with the CST Ltrac. Slimblade is good too but requires maintenance (the berrings attract lint).

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 07:57:02 »
actually, I used to use trackballs when gaming. Never had problems. But I'm not a highly competitive gamer.

However, I didn't do first person shooters; that's the main type of game I Don't play.

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.