Author Topic: (question) Keyboard with lots of modding space?  (Read 1809 times)

Offline ljfkidd

(question) Keyboard with lots of modding space?
« on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:21:38 »
I have a project for my computer science lab where we have to create an embedded device, i am wondering if there is a mechanical keyboard where i could fit in a raspberry pi and some outputs for it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:23:21 by ljfkidd »

Offline Doesntknowwhattosay

Re: (question) Keyboard with lots of modding space?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:02:15 »
A model m or nearly every old full size keyboard, because they tend to have big and clumsy cases.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:35:04 »
A Dell AT101 is a decent keyboard that can be found free or cheap easily enough. It has a good bit of room inside.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:39:13 »
I planned to do exactly that a long time ago. Board of choice? Model F or M-122. More than plenty of room

Never came into fruition, partly because I'm too lazy to buy a rasberry pi (even though I bought a usb hub with a power source for it) and also I don't have proper tools to cut up a case.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:17:55 »
and also I don't have proper tools to cut up a case.

This is probably low quality, but you could do a lot of stuff with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160902602290?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline ljfkidd

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 04:56:53 »
ok, thanks everybody