Author Topic: Name It: We'll Do Our Best to Get It - v3.0 (Please Check Item Tracker in OP)  (Read 871360 times)

Offline tassadarforaiur

Re: Name It: We'll Do Our Best to Get It - v3.0 (Please Check Item Tracker in OP)
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 01:29:49 »
mx lock switches, lube, and lubed mx lock switches.

Offline DavinDidIt

Re: Name It: We'll Do Our Best to Get It - v3.0 (Please Check Item Tracker in OP)
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 20:26:00 »
Restock on FaceW 60% Black PCB - SPRiT Edition please!
KMAC 2, HHKB

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 20:49:09 »
What's the point in lubing a lock switch? Is that even a thing?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 20:54:09 »
I was also wondering that... doesn't really make much sense it seems. Would be killer if you folks would stock some lock switches though.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 21:02:16 »
I was also wondering that... doesn't really make much sense it seems. Would be killer if you folks would stock some lock switches though.

Y'all got some malfunctioning humor detectors, maybe?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 21:03:37 »

It's hard to tell around here. :P

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:21:40 »

It's hard to tell around here. :P

It was intended as humor, but upon further thought, I'm curious as to how that would actually feel.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 19:54:02 »
Can you get some keycap set storage cases? Specifically ones like this?
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=us104_case

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 15:29:43 »

Ideally yes, but we would rather have something more substantial, something that will hold up better.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 22:37:30 »

Ideally yes, but we would rather have something more substantial, something that will hold up better.

Anything would be better than nothing. Expecially since there are none available anywhere other than the ones that were on Massdrop a little while ago, but those you needed to use a keycap puller to take the caps off of and were more expensive than I'd like.

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:36:03 »

Anything would be better than nothing. Expecially since there are none available anywhere other than the ones that were on Massdrop a little while ago, but those you needed to use a keycap puller to take the caps off of and were more expensive than I'd like.

I concur. We will see what all we can offer after the new year...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:14:58 »

I concur. We will see what all we can offer after the new year...

Thanks!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 09:34:31 »
Any word on white Leopold 750R's?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Kliwon

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 19:05:37 »
I hope FaceW 60 % Black & Blue PCB restock again ^_^

Offline DavinDidIt

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 01:41:08 »

yup
KMAC 2, HHKB

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 15:20:53 »
Any word on white Leopold 750R's?

Not yet.

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 15:21:39 »

yup

Soon

Offline dndlmx

What is this liner thing in that TEX case, and can you get them?

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards

It is to help protect the case/PCB connection we suppose. I have done case swaps and the factory Vortex Pok3r's come with them installed. It seems like a failsafe for the anodizing. We don't normally sell them separately, and have no real reason to source them. Sorry.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better

I just use the thin white bubbled tyvek padding that LCD's, video cards, etc. come wrapped in.  Or shelf liner from Walmart.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline garyd9

Well, it can't hurt to ask... (again):

OEM/standard profile PBT keycap set of a dark (black) color and with side-printed legends.  There's a set on your website (https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1336) that always seems to be out of stock.  (Honestly, if you don't expect to ever get these back in stock, why not just take them off your site?)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

OEM/standard profile PBT keycap set of a dark (black) color and with side-printed legends.  There's a set on your website (https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1336) that always seems to be out of stock.  (Honestly, if you don't expect to ever get these back in stock, why not just take them off your site?)

mechanicalkeyboards.com acts as a great catalog of things that are no longer available, but you might be able to find floating around. Honestly, if it's out of stock, you can probably assume that it's gone.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe

mechanicalkeyboards.com acts as a great catalog of things that are no longer available, but you might be able to find floating around. Honestly, if it's out of stock, you can probably assume that it's gone.

Gotta keep that SEO Juice flowin, babee!
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:46:10 by 00zeRO »

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards

Gotta keep that SEO Juice flowin, babee!

You know it...

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards

We hope to be able to stock them soon, but to be honest, we are only interested if the next batch is of better quality.

Offline garyd9

We hope to be able to stock them soon, but to be honest, we are only interested if the next batch is of better quality.
Speaking of quality... what is the quality like of these: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1329  (104 Key PBT Double Shot Keycap Set - Black Translucent (Vortex)). 

I'm considering the idea of purchasing a ducky shine 5 and adding those key caps.   (I'm trying to come up with a keyboard for use at work that's as visually obnoxious as possible.. the "raindrop" effect on the shine5 would seem to meet that.. and I can turn it off when I want.)

Thanks
Gary

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Speaking of quality... what is the quality like of these: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1329  (104 Key PBT Double Shot Keycap Set - Black Translucent (Vortex)). 

I'm considering the idea of purchasing a ducky shine 5 and adding those key caps.   (I'm trying to come up with a keyboard for use at work that's as visually obnoxious as possible.. the "raindrop" effect on the shine5 would seem to meet that.. and I can turn it off when I want.)

Thanks
Gary

Those are some pretty good keycaps. I have a set myself and find them to be quite nice. However, I don't like that the legends are at the top and bottom of the cap, so when you have the backlight on only the top (or bottom) legends are illuminated (depending on where your LEDs are placed).

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards

Thanks
Gary

Quality is fabulous, but many don't like the number row. I absolutely love them and have a set on my personal keyboard (White version).

Offline garyd9

Quality is fabulous, but many don't like the number row. I absolutely love them and have a set on my personal keyboard (White version).
Now you have to fill in the gap you left: What's wrong with the number row?  The only thing I could see would be that for keyboards with opaque switches and a separate LED "north" of the switch, that only the symbols would be illuminated.  Is this what you're referring to?

If so, would that be an issue with the shine5, as it appears that the actual switch is illuminating?  Or are the numbers not translucent on the keycaps?

What am I missing?

Thanks
Gary

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
Now you have to fill in the gap you left: What's wrong with the number row?  The only thing I could see would be that for keyboards with opaque switches and a separate LED "north" of the switch, that only the symbols would be illuminated.  Is this what you're referring to?

If so, would that be an issue with the shine5, as it appears that the actual switch is illuminating?  Or are the numbers not translucent on the keycaps?

What am I missing?

Thanks
Gary

People criticize the symbols being illuminated above the numbers...

Offline spanyam

• Enjoy the gift of life!
I am looking to buy a Ducky YotG Cherry MX Red. I was considering the Shine 5, but the YotG's white is ideal for my setup (white desk). When do you foresee getting the next stock?
SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
I am looking to buy a Ducky YotG Cherry MX Red. I was considering the Shine 5, but the YotG's white is ideal for my setup (white desk). When do you foresee getting the next stock?

That keyboard was a limited edition keyboard, and we don't expect to restock it. We do have the full RGB Keycool Hero available in White:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1442

Offline spanyam

That keyboard was a limited edition keyboard, and we don't expect to restock it. We do have the full RGB Keycool Hero available in White:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1442

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll keep this one in mind :)

SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline spanyam

One more... Any chance you'll get more of these Vortex Whites in the future? http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1008

Offline garyd9

One more... Any chance you'll get more of these Vortex Whites in the future? http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1008
Those keycaps just went up on massdrop... in either black or white.

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
Those keycaps just went up on massdrop... in either black or white.

Why go to Massdrop when we gots 'em right here:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1330

Offline garyd9

That's confusing.  Are these the same item?

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1008

One ($44 and not in stock) is documented as doubleshot PBT+POM, the other ($39 and in stock) doesn't include that the doubleshot is POM (Is the inner plastic normally ABS in doubleshot keycaps?  I think that's how TaiHao makes them.)

The massdrop is specific stating that "legends are shot with semi-opaque POM plastic."   

(Would a person even be able to tell the difference between inner ABS and inner POM when the majority of the keycap is PBT?)

BTW, 00zeRO, I sent an email to support@ Thursday morning (same username as here, sent via hotmail.)  While I guess a response wasn't strictly needed, I did expect something back.  Was the email even received?  If not, I'll resend it. .

Gary

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards

That's confusing.  Are these the same item?

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1008

One ($44 and not in stock) is documented as doubleshot PBT+POM, the other ($39 and in stock) doesn't include that the doubleshot is POM (Is the inner plastic normally ABS in doubleshot keycaps?  I think that's how TaiHao makes them.)

The massdrop is specific stating that "legends are shot with semi-opaque POM plastic."   

(Would a person even be able to tell the difference between inner ABS and inner POM when the majority of the keycap is PBT?)

BTW, 00zeRO, I sent an email to support@ Thursday morning (same username as here, sent via hotmail.)  While I guess a response wasn't strictly needed, I did expect something back.  Was the email even received?  If not, I'll resend it. .

Gary

Vortex changed their packaging, SKU's, and description and so we are going with the updated product info. We can post a redirect link on the new listing, but we only have a limited supply of them left at this time. We have no current ETA for more.

[With regard to your email inquiry, I don't know if we received it or not. Please resend it to support@mechanicalkeyboards.com if no respose yet.]

Offline profet

Any idea when you'll get more Gateron Brown switches in stock?
Bringing custom Ergodoxes to the masses.

My heatware: http://www.heatware.com/u/102649

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards
Any idea when you'll get more Gateron Brown switches in stock?

We have some still in stock. I will adjust our numbers tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
TEX TKL Cases and the White 660C are total wins  :thumb: Mega kudos on those.

All you need now are Digilog cases and ill throw $$$$$$ at you.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards

Link please...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter

Link please...

https://www.keychatter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/keychatter_2015-03-03_04-47-36-679x350.jpg

Absolutely impossible to find sadly :( Though we need another one asap.

Offline 00zeRO

• Mechanical Keyboards

Link please...

https://www.keychatter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/keychatter_2015-03-03_04-47-36-679x350.jpg

We don't have any keyboards that would fit (RealForce?), unless you could get a Phantom in it? I would say if we could get TKL cases with the portion between the arrow cluster and the Home cluster that would be totally worth it. I wonder who would want it.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter

Link please...

We don't have any keyboards that would fit (RealForce?), unless you could get a Phantom in it? I would say if we could get TKL cases with the portion between the arrow cluster and the Home cluster that would be totally worth it. I wonder who would want it.

Yeah, the cases would sell like hotcakes though. id easily pay the $200 the Digilog cases were in a heartbeat. A good case that fits the phantom would be fantastic as well though.

Nobody yelse

Offline garyd9

Thicker clear o-rings.  (1.5mm or even 2mm)

The clear ones on your site now (https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1220) seem to only be a very tiny bit over 1mm.  (Measured with a caliper closed on the o-ring just enough to still allow movement.)  That might be great for some, but I'd prefer something a bit thicker for sound dampening...

(BTW, loving the Ducky Shine 5.  Raindrop and blending ripple are perfect for annoying co-workers.  :)) )

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Any update when you might get some anodized Tex cases for the Filco TKL? Namely looking for red.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Any word on the 86 key layout with stepped Caps lock Phantom plates?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Kliwon

yup

Soon
hi 00zeRO, for this pcb can fit hotswappable led ?

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
I've been looking for some Thick black blank pbt key cap set for so long now :/

Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!