Author Topic: [IC] DSA Vimcap Homing `H` Key for Dvorak Layout  (Read 2193 times)

Offline hokietux

[IC] DSA Vimcap Homing `H` Key for Dvorak Layout
« on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 16:26:34 »
Hey all -

The DSA Vimcaps set (http://www.mechkeys.io/product/dsa-vimcaps) has homing & non-homing `J` keys, but only a non-homing `H` key. Unfortunately, in the Dvorak layout, `H` is a homing key. I have my keys arranged in Dvorak, and not having the homing `H` key is starting to annoy me.

I'm likely going to send a PO over to SP to have some scooped versions of the DSA Vimcaps `H` key made. I've gotten a quote back from them for double-shot ABS on a 6-week turn, and it's fairly reasonable.

I don't really want to run a Group Buy for this, because I don't think there will be that many participants, and honestly I don't want to deal with the logistics & overhead. That said, if others are interested in getting this key, I could buy some extras and then trade/sell once I receive them (i.e., I do *not* want anyone's money ahead of time).

If you're interested, let me know. I'll adjust the number of the caps I buy based on the level of interest I see, and at the very least make sure they are made available to people who previously expressed interest before posting them on /r/mm or something similar.

Thanks! =)

Offline aspenc4

Re: [IC] DSA Vimcap Homing `H` Key for Dvorak Layout
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 16:31:53 »
Good on you for towing the line for your fellow Dvorak users out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 00:21:18 »
As a Dvorak user who missed this DSA Vimcaps set before, I would like to join if I could buy the whole kit with a scooped "H".

Offline hokietux

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 13:06:06 »
As a Dvorak user who missed this DSA Vimcaps set before, I would like to join if I could buy the whole kit with a scooped "H".

Sorry, I'm not planning on asking SP to make another whole run of the caps. That would definitely need to be something like a Group Buy or vendor effort, which is outside the scope of what I'm doing here :-/