Author Topic: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - Fixed split space plates if you want em.  (Read 73562 times)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - 100% shipped!
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 00:55:03 »
I finally got my PLA75 built with T1s, MKUltra foam, and C3 stabs (Thanks, Keyboardbelle, for sending me the replacement bottom!)

What made this build very different from my previous builds is that I made use of MKUltra's foam for KBD75 PCB to dampen the noise. Although T1s are not as clacky as HPs, I really wanted to try building a board with properly cut foam, and PLA75 was an ideal choice since it uses a PCB with pre-existing foam from MKUltra. I did have to trim down the edges of the foam to fit PLA75 case but that was a straight-cut with minimal time requirement. I will record and post a typing video on YT at some point.

Ooooo dat cf tho
I use T1s on my prototype, so I'd love to hear the difference the foam makes. How are those c3 stabs?

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 14:23:34 »

Due to my namesake I figured I needed a fully red board ;)

I think we can call this one wrapped up, however, in the wake of the GSKT fiasco, I'm considering doing a small run of extras for those that want a nice gasket mount board. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll run it by Belle.

Thanks all, and enjoy the isolation mount clacks :)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 14:46:03 »
Show Image

I think we can call this one wrapped up, however, in the wake of the GSKT fiasco, I'm considering doing a small run of extras for those that want a nice gasket mount board. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll run it by Belle.

Yes please! Feel like such a fool for not being ready when the time came.
These all turned out so fantastic, great job!

Offline polyboy

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 14:58:14 »
Wish I had seen this in time. :'( Would love to purchase extras or something.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 19:50:53 »
Show Image

Why not, I really want a second one for a different build :D

Offline Oni74

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 20:47:18 »
I finally got my PLA75 built with T1s, MKUltra foam, and C3 stabs (Thanks, Keyboardbelle, for sending me the replacement bottom!)

What made this build very different from my previous builds is that I made use of MKUltra's foam for KBD75 PCB to dampen the noise. Although T1s are not as clacky as HPs, I really wanted to try building a board with properly cut foam, and PLA75 was an ideal choice since it uses a PCB with pre-existing foam from MKUltra. I did have to trim down the edges of the foam to fit PLA75 case but that was a straight-cut with minimal time requirement. I will record and post a typing video on YT at some point.

Ooooo dat cf tho
I use T1s on my prototype, so I'd love to hear the difference the foam makes. How are those c3 stabs?

I uploaded a quick typing test video. My fingers were frozen so my typing is error-filled, but you'll get an idea. Also, I think I placed the microphone too close to the board this time as you'll hear some background thumping. The thumping is not audible when using the board.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 00:18:24 »

Ooooo dat cf tho

I uploaded a quick typing test video. My fingers were frozen so my typing is error-filled, but you'll get an idea. Also, I think I placed the microphone too close to the board this time as you'll hear some background thumping. The thumping is not audible when using the board.

The SA spacebar thud made my day better :p

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #207 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 23:48:32 »
Any extras?

Offline Capsy

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 12:34:12 »
Full sculpt R0-R5 PLA75 build. Sounds and feels awesome. Painless build. Thanks for running this.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 15:18:30 »
Any extras?

DM me, I have a few.

Full sculpt R0-R5 PLA75 build. Sounds and feels awesome. Painless build. Thanks for running this.
Show Image

Enjoy :) Thanks for supporting this from the start.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 11:57:32 »
Finally got around to building mine, and sadly I have the same issue with the screw holes as well as a diode that popped off in transit. Fixed the diode easily, but what's the recommended method for widening the screw holes to spec? Can I drill out the hole without it melting or ruining a bit?

Also I'm finding it very difficult to keep the nut aligned while also preventing it from falling out. I'm going to just put a piece of clear tape over the slot.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 12:52:20 »
Finally got around to building mine, and sadly I have the same issue with the screw holes as well as a diode that popped off in transit. Fixed the diode easily, but what's the recommended method for widening the screw holes to spec? Can I drill out the hole without it melting or ruining a bit?

Also I'm finding it very difficult to keep the nut aligned while also preventing it from falling out. I'm going to just put a piece of clear tape over the slot.

Dremel or small circular file. Weird that people are experiencing this, I had 5 extras for myself/local friends, and none of them had the screw issue.

For the nuts, I suggest slotting them, screwing into them a bit so they are aligned, and pouring a dab of white/hot glue in there to keep em in place. Do one side, leave it for half hour, flip it and do the other.

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 22:31:02 »
Looks Great !
I have a some of viki LED Keyborads
It looks like very good more than viki :)
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline varooshgog

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 20:00:21 »

Offline Verdunlion

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 23:33:15 »
Sent a message and would love to pick up 1!!

Offline Applet

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 08:01:02 »
Any plans for a PLA60?  ;D

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 19:11:23 »
Any plans for a PLA60?  ;D

ADK64v2 is a split (but goes together VE.A style) gasket mount in the same fashion as the PLA75. Will be making an IC in the coming days.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 12:25:06 »
So wei was a little mistaken when he listed the 75% layouts on the site, and I ended up making the plate the wrong way for split space. I have ordered a few extra in the right orientation (and they are white), so if anyone would like to pick one up, I've got a few I won't need. See the image I sent - he must have fixed it now.  :))

Also, any interest in a R2 between COVID spikes?
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2020, 12:27:47 by ReDsNoTDeAd »

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 12:27:11 »
Double post. whoops.