Author Topic: Sneak Peek (pictures revealed)  (Read 98132 times)

Offline piemancoder

Re: Sneak Peek (pictures revealed)
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 22:15:50 »
Nice! Those are some cool ztabilizers
Yoda grammar best has

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 22:50:34 »
https://zealpc.net/collections/group-buy-pre-orders

R4 & new products auto-opening at 8PM PDT (6mins)

Hey Zeal, how long will the buy be open? It usually says on the product page, but I don't see it this time.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 23:12:14 »

Hey Zeal, how long will the buy be open? It usually says on the product page, but I don't see it this time.

Adding in the missing info in description right now. :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 23:34:14 »
Are there any changes to the stemwobble in R4?

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 23:36:04 »

Adding in the missing info in description right now. :)
Awesome, thanks!

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 23:44:06 »
hnnnggg these are so sexy.

I have to holdout for that one perfect kustom groupbuy, then im going all out.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 23:58:07 »

Yes, that's being worked on as we speak. Moulds are being tweaked right now.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 00:05:49 »
So I see a 8x 2u 1x 6.25u 1x 7u stab set listed for 50 - is there any chance of getting a 8x 2u 2x 6.25u for 50 as well? Don't have any 7u boards but would love to kit out all my boards in those sexy stabs.

Also, how does the PCB work? Are the RGB LEDs presoldered? I was looking for 4 pin holes but didn't see those.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 August 2016, 00:08:23 by JDragon »

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 00:09:26 »
So I see a 8x 2u 1x 6.25u 1x 7u stab set listed for 50 - is there any chance of getting a 8x 2u 2x 6.25u for 50 as well? Don't have any 7u boards but would love to kit out all my boards in those sexy stabs.

Unfortunately due to MOQ reasons, 7u needs some more love and that's why the larger bundled option features 1x 6.25 and 1x 7u. For the GB stage, 8x 2u, 2x 6.25u will not be offered, sorry.

Offline ileben

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 02:45:17 »

This is what I am most interested in as well. Will we be able to get a confirmation of results of tweaking (whether positive or not) before the group buy closes? I would order a ton of them if the wobble was addressed as this has so far been the no.1 reason for me not to use the switches anymore.
RF 87 55g (silenced) | FC660C (silenced) | Unicomp Ultra Classic | Filco MJ2 Brown | Matias Mini Quiet Pro

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 03:04:08 »

This is what I am most interested in as well. Will we be able to get a confirmation of results of tweaking (whether positive or not) before the group buy closes? I would order a ton of them if the wobble was addressed as this has so far been the no.1 reason for me not to use the switches anymore.

Most definitely. Would take a week or two before the moulds will be back in service.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 04:05:44 »

Any idea how to solve the wobble on R3?

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 04:34:43 »
Too bad the stabs ended up being that expensive. I totally understand why they had to be, but still...
I'll end up with one set of stabs and one set of zealencios to try out both. I'm fine with the 3 identical MX 60% boards I have right now, otherwise I'd end up buying more.

I should really branch out my keyboard game, there's so much out there! 65%... 75%... 84%...

Offline joey

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 05:14:58 »
Too bad the stabs ended up being that expensive. I totally understand why they had to be, but still...
I'll end up with one set of stabs and one set of zealencios to try out both. I'm fine with the 3 identical MX 60% boards I have right now, otherwise I'd end up buying more.

I should really branch out my keyboard game, there's so much out there! 65%... 75%... 84%...

Gold plated stabs from originative are 20$ https://www.originativeco.com/products/24k-gold-stabilizer
So it's "only" 10$ more.

Offline kawasaki161

Re: Sneak Peek
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 05:31:23 »
Whats the top image? QMX clips?

Plate & PCB mount compatible silencing clips..Thinking of a name for em.

Zealencios would be great, haha

Wait wait wait.... Did my stupid comment now really affect the name of the Silencing Clips?

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 08:35:25 »

Gold plated stabs from originative are 20$ https://www.originativeco.com/products/24k-gold-stabilizer
So it's "only" 10$ more.

:(  It will end up being $46.35 after shipping and tax.  Too much for me.  Man, I really wanted these too.
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline pwade3

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 08:39:43 »
The stabs should be compatible with any PCB right?

Like say I wanted to get the double pack for an MX HHKB Zeal60 and then a Clueboard?

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 08:58:33 »
Question answered!
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 August 2016, 14:42:18 by Dreamre »

Offline eeymiel

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 09:07:28 »
Does the zeal60 pcb support a splitted backspace? From the pictures it looks like it does, but just want to be sure.

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 09:28:35 »
:(  It will end up being $46.35 after shipping and tax.  Too much for me.  Man, I really wanted these too.

Yeah, prices are pretty hefty.
60 dollar for some premium O-rings?
I really have to overthink this once again.

Offline joey

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 09:35:55 »

These barely reduce the travel, and dampen upstroke and downstroke.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 12:15:02 »

Unfortunately due to MOQ reasons, 7u needs some more love and that's why the larger bundled option features 1x 6.25 and 1x 7u. For the GB stage, 8x 2u, 2x 6.25u will not be offered, sorry.

Ah darn - can I swap in a standard Cherry 6.25u wire into the stab mounts? Won't look as pretty, but a bit more economical I guess.

Also had another question I edited into my original post but you might have missed - how does the PCB work? Are the RGB LEDs presoldered? I was looking for 4 pin holes but didn't see those. If it's SMD LEDs, do the housings have to be the SMD compatible housings? Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere, just trying to wrap my head around this and couldn't figure it out from the picture.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 15:23:44 »
Whats the top image? QMX clips?

Plate & PCB mount compatible silencing clips..Thinking of a name for em.

Zealencios would be great, haha

Wait wait wait.... Did my stupid comment now really affect the name of the Silencing Clips?

Yes...Congrats. haha.

The stabs should be compatible with any PCB right?

Like say I wanted to get the double pack for an MX HHKB Zeal60 and then a Clueboard?

Yes, my stabilizers should be compatible with any other PCB that uses PCB mounted Cherry stabs.

Does the zeal60 pcb support a splitted backspace? From the pictures it looks like it does, but just want to be sure.

Yes, Zeal60 supports ANSI, ISO, HHKB, Winkey, Winkeyless, short_right shift, etc...

Try not to think of it as an o-ring that only dampens/mushes the bottom out. The whole rubber part is barely 1mm thick, so it won't affect travel as badly as O-rings. They're also doubleshot into the plastic to provide a firm but steady bottom out, so that adds to the cost (think of all the doubleshot keycaps...). These clips also silence upstroke, which o-rings don't do. Works with plates and PCB mounted keyboards as well. Nothing like it on the market.

Ah darn - can I swap in a standard Cherry 6.25u wire into the stab mounts? Won't look as pretty, but a bit more economical I guess.

Also had another question I edited into my original post but you might have missed - how does the PCB work? Are the RGB LEDs presoldered? I was looking for 4 pin holes but didn't see those. If it's SMD LEDs, do the housings have to be the SMD compatible housings? Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere, just trying to wrap my head around this and couldn't figure it out from the picture.

Yes, it'll work if you swap wires. PCB has everything but switches pre-soldered. RGB LEDs are SMD on the back end, through a hole in the PCB. Doesn't need SMD compatible switches, unlike other PCB designs.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 August 2016, 15:25:16 by Zeal »

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 15:49:25 »
How do they dampen upstroke? Physically I mean.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 16:07:03 »
When will preorders for the zealios and dampeners end? I'd like to order a couple things but I won't be able to until around next Monday.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 16:19:28 »
When will preorders for the zealios and dampeners end? I'd like to order a couple things but I won't be able to until around next Monday.

Around the end of September, so you will probably make it unless next Monday is a bit delayed for you  :)

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 16:28:32 »

Try not to think of it as an o-ring that only dampens/mushes the bottom out. The whole rubber part is barely 1mm thick, so it won't affect travel as badly as O-rings. They're also doubleshot into the plastic to provide a firm but steady bottom out, so that adds to the cost (think of all the doubleshot keycaps...). These clips also silence upstroke, which o-rings don't do. Works with plates and PCB mounted keyboards as well. Nothing like it on the market.

Could we possibly get confirmation that the Zealencios work with SA keycaps? I'm also curious about compatibility with Aristotle switches. Thanks.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 16:44:15 »
How do they dampen upstroke? Physically I mean.

There's a bit of rubber in the Zealencio clip underneath that acts as a "stopper" and dampens the stem when it rebounds up.

Could we possibly get confirmation that the Zealencios work with SA keycaps? I'm also curious about compatibility with Aristotle switches. Thanks.

I don't use SA caps nor know anyone around me that uses/has SA caps...so I can't comment on that.

Zealencios won't work with the Aristotle+Gateron / Zealiostotle mod due to the way the Aristotle stem protrudes out the top housing more than other MX compatible switches.

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 17:22:07 »
Possibly a stupid question but I assume the PCB will use the RGB LED on the same preorder page? I can't really make out the LEDs on the PCB rendering. Now to find a purple 60% case...

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 17:32:00 »
Possibly a stupid question but I assume the PCB will use the RGB LED on the same preorder page? I can't really make out the LEDs on the PCB rendering. Now to find a purple 60% case...

No, the Zeal60 uses surface mount RGB LEDs that are factory soldered. The 4-pin RGB LEDs I sell are for DIYers/people that want to make their own PCBs and give it a shot.

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 18:10:37 »

No, the Zeal60 uses surface mount RGB LEDs that are factory soldered. The 4-pin RGB LEDs I sell are for DIYers/people that want to make their own PCBs and give it a shot.

Oooo, definitely good news then, soldering 60+ SMD LEDd is definitely not something I'd consider fun.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 15:54:37 »

Oooo, definitely good news then, soldering 60+ SMD LEDd is definitely not something I'd consider fun.

speak for yourself, filthy casual

Offline JDragon

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 19:46:43 »
Yes, it'll work if you swap wires. PCB has everything but switches pre-soldered. RGB LEDs are SMD on the back end, through a hole in the PCB. Doesn't need SMD compatible switches, unlike other PCB designs.

Thanks! Put in my order  :thumb:

Missed the PCB T_T

Offline Purp

• Banned
  • the colour, not the weed
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 13:45:58 »
@zeal: Are these transparent stabs compatible with the B.Face X2 PCB and a regular PCB mount universal plate?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 17:15:21 »
@zeal: Are these transparent stabs compatible with the B.Face X2 PCB and a regular PCB mount universal plate?

My stabs work with all other PCBs that support Cherry PCB stabs.

Offline cyd3r

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 02:18:48 »
Oh noooo!
I've purchased the Zealerino Silencing Clips.  :cool:
When are they shipped ? can't wait ... :-X

edit: Also if there's enough room in the clips I may actually fill stuff in it to further dampen the sound :D I've done crazy stuff in the past like this:
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 September 2016, 02:31:03 by cyd3r »

Offline ntw

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 07 September 2016, 05:22:39 »
Oh noooo!
I've purchased the Zealerino Silencing Clips.  :cool:
When are they shipped ? can't wait ... :-X

edit: Also if there's enough room in the clips I may actually fill stuff in it to further dampen the sound :D I've done crazy stuff in the past like this:
Show Image

or you know you could just use a topre rubber dome
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline cyd3r

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 00:55:03 »
or you know you could just use a topre rubber dome

I'm waiting for RealForce RGB which will replace my daily driver, although i got the silencing caps for my 60% keyboard which I carry it around with me most of the time. It's a Gateron clear 35g.

Offline shangrila500

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 22:35:34 »
Will we have a white version of the PCB?  :confused:

White/Black PCBs are a bit overdone...So it'll be purple for the time being. Will consider other colours in future revisions.

I would absolutely love to see a bright orange PCB and a toxic green (as long as it doesn't look like the mass produced hideous green color) PCB in the future! My VE.A will most likely be my endgame (just waiting on my clear stabs to get here to build it and then all I will be missing is the spacebar kit since Massdrop waited until the base set shipped out to drop the spacebars) that I would use on my main rig but I have 3 other rigs that need sexy keyboards and orange themed and/or toxic green themed keyboards would be sweet!

There aren't enough brightly or oddly colored custom PCBs on the market. It is usually either black, white, and (very rarely) blue; there are also the hideous pale green PCBs that look like the PCBs you find in cheap and/or mass produced electronics. Your purple PCB is the first purple PCB I have seen on the custom market lately, I feel like I have seen another light purple or lavender PCB but I can't remember where it was at, and I would love to see this open the door for more custom colored PCBs!

Offline aya3154

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 23:33:04 »
The purple is quite signature I'd say now , but I do wanna say blue Zeal60 would be a sight to behold