geekhack Community > Off Topic

Can you hula hoop?

<< < (2/2)

fanpeople:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Sat, 19 June 2021, 01:59:07 ---
--- Quote from: fanpeople on Sat, 19 June 2021, 01:52:33 ---
--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Sat, 19 June 2021, 00:43:03 ---Someone once told me hula hooping was cultural appropriation.

--- End quote ---

So is being poor, stop taking other people's culture.

--- End quote ---

I haven't gotten my White Privilege package delivered yet. I keep calling customer support, and they keep saying "It's in transit" but it's already been almost 40 years.

--- End quote ---

See you need the white privilege so you can escalate your complaint, but it got lost in the mail so you are kinda stuck.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: fanpeople on Sat, 19 June 2021, 03:20:58 ---
--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Sat, 19 June 2021, 01:59:07 ---
--- Quote from: fanpeople on Sat, 19 June 2021, 01:52:33 ---
--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Sat, 19 June 2021, 00:43:03 ---Someone once told me hula hooping was cultural appropriation.

--- End quote ---

So is being poor, stop taking other people's culture.

--- End quote ---

I haven't gotten my White Privilege package delivered yet. I keep calling customer support, and they keep saying "It's in transit" but it's already been almost 40 years.

--- End quote ---

See you need the white privilege so you can escalate your complaint, but it got lost in the mail so you are kinda stuck.

--- End quote ---

So, like,   Do you guys need to modulate motion in 360 or is forward back motion enough to keep the hoop going. Because transverse, Tp4 does not seem to have a high degree of motion freedom.

dingusxmcgee:
I can’t do it for more than a few seconds. Never tried to learn beyond that. 

fanpeople:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Sat, 19 June 2021, 06:41:22 ---So, like,   Do you guys need to modulate motion in 360 or is forward back motion enough to keep the hoop going. Because transverse, Tp4 does not seem to have a high degree of motion freedom. [/size][/color]

--- End quote ---

It has been like 20 years since I have attempted the hoop but I am going to guess that your body needs to be the centre for the hoop to pivot around.

noisyturtle:
There's 2 techniques, back and fourth more like mini thrusts and side to side. But remember you are not moving the top part of your body or your legs at all, just your lower back stomach and hips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version