Author Topic: [GB] Atlas - Extras June 30  (Read 40931 times)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
[GB] Atlas - Extras June 30
« on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 14:39:19 »
Atlas 5x12 ortholinear board

Live now on CannonKeys.com  and MyKeyboard.EU

100 FCFS on Cannon Keys and 50 FCFS on MyKeyboard

For those having trouble with firmware, please see THIS post

Plate File: HERE

Specs:
  • 5x12 ortholinear layout
  • hotswap - full grid, MIT (1, 2u spacebar, and 2, 2u spacebar options)
  • top mount with no seams (PCB and plate slide up through the bottom similar to the Neuron)
  • bottom plate also curves up into the back (similar to Keycult No. 2 rev.1 TKL)
  • LED acrylic diffusers on front and sides for LED underglow
  • 2 degree angle - mostly so the pen rail can be more functional (angle helps keep pen on the board
  • QMK compatible and open source PCB

Typing test at:
https://www.twitch.tv/apiarykeyboards/

Price: $350 - which includes:

• main aluminum body
  • brass* bottom lid
  • brass* plate
  • brass* pen rail
  • 3 acrylic diffusers (1 on each side and 1 on front)
  • hotswap PCB and daughterboard with cable
  • bumpons and all necessary hardware
  • vendor stickers  :thumb:
*all brass is treated and sandblasted

Add-ons:
  • PC plate: $40
  • Extra PCB and daughterboard: $55

Colors available:
  • e-white (additional $20)*
  • navy*
  • grey - matched to Pantone 432c as closely as possible
*white and navy should closely match the same colors on the Satisfaction75

GB will be open for two weeks or until all units are sold out. Fulfillment is 6 months from the end of the GB (December).

Typing test and build stream on Apiary's Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/633899272

Proto Pics:

More

Artwork will be larger

Renders with GMK Minimal and SA Sail:

More

More

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 June 2021, 15:54:24 by nasp »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Alps (and Mx) solderable PCB will be available after GB is over (and before fulfillment). Price should be under $50.

Please go here so I can gauge interest
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 14:45:22 by nasp »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Bump since between when this was posted and its approval, this has fallen to the second page (usually a mod comments that the thread has been approved, but no such thing here).

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Thanks for the support everyone! Just a quick update:

Cannon Keys is very close to selling out, but if you're in the EU there are still plenty available.

Cannon Keys will likely sell out by the end of the weekend so make sure you purchase this soon if you're in North America or use Cannon Keys as a vendor.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] Atlas - Sale Closed on Cannon Keys
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 20:42:08 »
All 100 units have been sold on Cannon Keys. If you don't mind paying shipping from the EU, MyKeyboard.EU has units for sale.

Offline Halcyrin

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 01:17:55 »
Nasp are we going to be getting updates on production and the like here on geekhack since the GBs nearly finished?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 09:28:21 »
Nasp are we going to be getting updates on production and the like here on geekhack since the GBs nearly finished?

I'll do my best. I have to ask for updates directly since I'm not in direct communication with the manufacturer. There won't be updates for a while as we wait in the manufacturing queue.

Also, today is the last to make any changes to your order -swap color or order any additional parts.

Cheers!

Offline Kasuka3497

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 14:27:12 »

I'll do my best. I have to ask for updates directly since I'm not in direct communication with the manufacturer. There won't be updates for a while as we wait in the manufacturing queue.

Also, today is the last to make any changes to your order -swap color or order any additional parts.

Cheers!

Hiya! :)
I joined GH for Atlas.... Got into the GB!
I had a few questions if you don't mind helping me out nasp?
I watched Apiary's stream for the built and it got me thinking.... Since the clearance is so less, what's a safe thickness for the foam insert if someone wants to DIY some EVA foam or someyhing similar? Are there any renders or templates you have for cutting the foam?
Also, was curious since this is also my first full custom, first GB, first ortho and first layout under 75%, what's the dimensions on the Atlas? Asking because I am making some cables and need some measurements to line stuff up 👏🏻
The board seems awesome! Really looking forward to having it on my hands and as my daily driver!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 22:16:19 »

Cheers!

Hiya! :)
I joined GH for Atlas.... Got into the GB!
I had a few questions if you don't mind helping me out nasp?
I watched Apiary's stream for the built and it got me thinking.... Since the clearance is so less, what's a safe thickness for the foam insert if someone wants to DIY some EVA foam or someyhing similar? Are there any renders or templates you have for cutting the foam?
Also, was curious since this is also my first full custom, first GB, first ortho and first layout under 75%, what's the dimensions on the Atlas? Asking because I am making some cables and need some measurements to line stuff up 👏🏻
The board seems awesome! Really looking forward to having it on my hands and as my daily driver!

Hey, thanks for joining!

To your questions:

For the foam, I'm not sure since I haven't added any myself, but I think 2mm thickness would fit ok. I don't have any templates, but the plate could be used as a decent guide.

W-258.6mm
H-19mm
D-123.28

Hope that helps!

Offline Kasuka3497

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 23:05:23 »
That definitely helps!
Apiary's stream showed how quiet the board was and I really want to emphasize this aspect of the board.
Looking forward to it!

Offline Kasuka3497

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 14:48:43 »
A question again.
The foam measurement, is that for between plate and PCB?
Could I get for both plate and PCB and under the PCB?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 10:23:28 »
A question again.

For between the PCB and plate that will take 4mm foam. If you want, I can send you the plate DXF so that someone like MKUltra could laser cut all the switch cutouts.

Offline Kasuka3497

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 22:22:48 »
A question again.

For between the PCB and plate that will take 4mm foam. If you want, I can send you the plate DXF so that someone like MKUltra could laser cut all the switch cutouts.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 05:11:35 »
A question again.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Try this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RBz7dUl8YsfCUc-P237n1F_quCj4g2pd/view?usp=sharing

Offline Kasuka3497

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 11:49:42 »
Thank you again!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] Atlas - Sale Closed
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 18:39:37 »
Small update on the Solderable MX/Alps PCB

The solderable MX/Alps has been approved for production! It has a total of 36 LEDs and should look similar to the hotswap PCB made by Gondo. Since some of you will be using the solderable PCB with MX switches - Atlas comes with brass MX plate by default - I'll need an estimate of those needing an Alps plate.

Please fill out THIS FORM if you need an Alps plate and also tell me what material you'd like, either carbon fiber, aluminum, or FR4 (PCB material).

Cheers!

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2020, 08:59:45 by nasp »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] Atlas - Alps Plate Request Open
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 09:00:39 »
Realized I forgot to add the image of the Atlas MX/Alps PCB. Sorry for the bump.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 13:38:58 »
Alps PCBs are in! Once I receive the plates, I'll begin to sell them

252965-0

Offline rikercd

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 12:50:38 »
Is December 2020 still a reasonable time frame for delivery or has COVID pushed that back?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 14:32:55 »
Is December 2020 still a reasonable time frame for delivery or has COVID pushed that back?

As far as I know we are on track.

Also, I'll be opening up a form to start selling MX/Alps PCBs and Alps plates tomorrow or Monday. Both PCBs and plates are now in my possession.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] Atlas - Mx/Alps PCB and Alps Plate Buy Open
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 11:16:28 »
MX/Alps PCB and Alps Plate Buy is Now Open and these are in stock and will ship in 2-3 business days after the invoice is paid.

Form Here: https://forms.gle/8ybcJcjFgdMGjZxJA

Specs:
  • Supports both MX and Alps switches
  • QMK compat.
  • ESD protection
  • 36 Underglow LEDs
  • Full grid and 2u bar layout support

• Alps plate is 1.2mm thick per Alps required specification
  • material: aluminum

Price is:
 $50 for a PCB
 $30 for an Alps plate
 shipping is included

Most likely I will close the form in about two weeks and then open it back up again when the Atlas is about a week away from shipping.
I should have enough stock for anyone that wants one.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] Atlas - Mx/Alps PCB and Alps Plate Closing Tonight
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 11:03:58 »
I'll be closing the Alps/MX PCB Purchase Form tonight and the re-opening it about a week before the boards ship. Probably in about 10 hours or about 9 or 10 PM CST. This is so I don't have to keep checking the form every day to see if someone has filled it out. Most orders were placed the first 3 days the form was open so it doesn't make sense to keep it open for the next month or so in the hopes that 1 or 2 people fill it out.

Again, boards are still on track. Hopefully I'll have more news soon  :D

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] Atlas - January Ship Date
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 12:47:14 »
Slight setback folks  :(

Shipping has been delayed to January. Direct from Cannon Keys newsletter: "Pretty much every single Dark Grey unit turned out poorly, so the factory is remaking them all."

Fortunately it isn't anything major. I'll keep this thread updated whenever I learn something new.

Offline gex

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 04:28:21 »
thanks for the update! seeing what is happening in the world i'd say this is still way better than expected. can't wait to put my hands on this keyboard!

Offline piit79

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 04:50:26 »
Shipping has been delayed to January.

Pity. But January is not too far away...

"Pretty much every single Dark Grey unit turned out poorly, so the factory is remaking them all."

Hmm, I'm wondering what happens with all the "bad" units? Can we get them as "seconds" for half-price? :-D

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] Atlas - February Ship Date
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 08:10:19 »
Hi Everyone,

If you missed Cannon Keys' newsletter, the Atlas has been pushed back to a February ship date from Cannon Keys. The good news is that these are currently being packaged to be shipped out by the manufacturer. If you need to change your shipping address, please contact Cannon Keys at support@cannonkeys.com with your order number and new address.

Also, I'm going to hijack this thread with an advertisement from another one of my projects. The Quark PCB is a drop-in replacement PCB for the Planck and Preonic boards with multiple new bottom row options. I normally wouldn't do this, but the GH mods moved my post from the GB sub-forum to the "Artisan Services" sub-forum so this is my way to try and recuperate lost views. The current sale for this ends at the end of January 4th. Here's the GH link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110411.0

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Offline yuejia

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 01:06:28 »
Awesome!!!

Offline gex

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 00:18:59 »
does chinese new year affect this? or can we get it before march by any chance?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 09:02:50 »
It's currently on the slow boat from China now. Has been for a few weeks so it should land at Cannon Keys soon.

Offline gex

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 09:45:47 »
what about eu customers? will those units get shipped to cannon keys first as well?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 09:50:35 »
what about eu customers? will those units get shipped to cannon keys first as well?

Those should be going directly to the EU and not through Cannon Keys first.

Offline piit79

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 13:28:26 »

And just in the interest of clarity, I assume those units have also been on a slow boat to the EU for a while? I hope? :)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 14:26:59 »

And just in the interest of clarity, I assume those units have also been on a slow boat to the EU for a while? I hope? :)

Not sure about method of transportation, but I do know that they are NOT going to Cannon Keys first

Offline piit79

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 01:08:47 »

Not sure about method of transportation, but I do know that they are NOT going to Cannon Keys first

Sorry for another reply, but what I wanted to clarify in my previous post was whether the boards for EU participants are also currently on their way?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 05:21:33 »

Sorry for another reply, but what I wanted to clarify in my previous post was whether the boards for EU participants are also currently on their way?

No problem. Yes they are. I wouldn't be surprised if their turnaround was faster too, since they ordered a fraction of the amount that Cannon Keys did.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 08:19:39 »
Sorry for the late notice.  As it's the last day in February, it's obvious this won't meet the Feb. deadline. It's *still* making it's way from the slow boat in China. Cannon Keys predicts it will be ready to ship in March. Hopefully this will be the last delay.

Offline Halcyrin

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 10:06:05 »
I've been reading into whats going on at the Port of LA since that seems like where most of our boards are right now, and thought I'd write them down here for anyone who was curious as to why our keebs are hanging out off the coast of Cali.

Covid-19 and lockdown order surpluses over the last year have congested an already strained system at the Port of LA. It seems like although it wasn't an exceptional increase in shipping volume - take what was added, plus an even larger increase in orders for the holidays, and something like half of the Ports dockworkers on leave for Covid-19 or just quarantine - its keeping boats waiting at anchor for around 8 days before they can dock. I believe I read that there are some 30 ships currently waiting at sea, with over a dozen more coming in within the next few days.

I'm not entirely sure how long it would take shipments to be sent off once a boat does dock, but I'd assume the backups just continue in processing. That all doesn't sound very cheery for the wait time, but it helps me to know whats going on.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] Atlas - March Ship Now
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 11:40:00 »
Finally an update with good news!

The slow boat from China has docked and its contents unloaded. The shipment is now on a truck from the west coast and should be arriving at Cannon Keys headquarters late next week. Cannon Keys will need to QC everything before sending them out. We're probably looking at a shipping date of early April.

Cheers!

Offline tacahiroy

Re: [GB] Atlas - March Ship Now
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 11:41:36 »
Woo hoo!! Cannot wait for it!

Tapatalk を使用して私の Pixel 4a から送信

Offline piit79

Re: [GB] Atlas - Arrival at CK Soon!
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 15:46:45 »
Cool. I do hope MyKeyboard will get the shipment soon too...

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 13:23:10 »
Now that it is April it's time for a quick update.

These have arrived at Cannon Keys and are currently undergoing QC. I don't have a timeline on how long that will take, but it should follow CK's timeline on other keyboard GBs.

Also, if you'd like an Alps PCB or plate, you can find those over on my new store, www.checkerboards.xyz

Cheers!  :thumb:

Offline Narf

• Krado Industries
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 13:44:22 »
Any update for mykeyboard.eu orders?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 17:17:48 »

He told me he would update me in a bit. I know he's currently very swamped. I'll update you when I receive word back.

Offline Ratheighna

Re: [GB] Atlas - QC'ing at CK
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 17:51:48 »
Is there a good place to get an ortho set of alps keycaps? I thought I might check that out while I am "patiently" waiting for my Atlas

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 18:55:59 »
If you like classic BoW and PBT, this is a good choice: https://cannonkeys.com/products/pbt-ortho-symbology-keycaps

Besides that, Drop.com probably has some decent ortho stuff in stock.

Offline Ratheighna

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 11:34:47 »
Those aren't Alps compatible though are they?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 13:56:02 »
Those aren't Alps compatible though are they?

Sorry. I completely skipped over that. For Alps, unfortunately there aren't a lot of options. I believe Aliexpress has XDA Alps and  Amazon sells some Tai Hao Alps. Besides that you'll be looking at vintage boards and group-buys.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 11:12:27 »

From what I'm gathering, it looks like the boards have made it but they are missing PCBs or some other parts still. The team over at MyKeyboard.EU is gonna look into it further and reach back out to me soon.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 21:34:24 »
Is there a good place to get an ortho set of alps keycaps? I thought I might check that out while I am "patiently" waiting for my Atlas

Matias sells Alps blanks as well in black or white.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 12:09:57 »

From what I'm gathering, it looks like the boards have made it but they are missing PCBs or some other parts still. The team over at MyKeyboard.EU is gonna look into it further and reach back out to me soon.

Latest news is that everything is ready minus the daughterboards. As soon as they receive those they can ship out the boards.