Author Topic: [IC] GMK >Terminal_ NOW LIVE  (Read 70643 times)

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
Re: [IC] GMK >Terminal_ Going live 01/07/17 7pm EST
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 19:29:17 »
Terms and Conditions = 404 O_o

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline dr-slump

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 19:38:26 »
How come each of the three Backspace keys has a different legend?

This will be addressed. Thank you for pointing that out! Stayed tuned for an update.

Hmmm no PayPal and I have my money in there, guess I'll order a bit later.

Sorry, no PayPal. Perhaps in the future but not likely during this GB.

I was disappointed in this also - hopefully it is added for future buys.

Oh maaan. You're killing me here.  Got no chance to organize a CC that quickly  :eek:
Waiting for GMK Miami Dolch ISO . . .

Looking for: Titainium Spacebar 6.25

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC] GMK >Terminal_ NOW LIVE
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 22:01:40 »
In.  Need a dark set in my life and this should look nice on my black 75%. 
keyboards.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 23:17:46 »

I feel the same :(
Gonna have to move some money around and get it this next week.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 02:47:58 »
If shipping through proxy (given that LeandreN is still up for that), how do we place our orders?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 02:49:49 »

I feel the same :(
Gonna have to move some money around and get it this next week.

Same here...severely disappointing
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 04:22:44 »
Waaait no PayPal? How long is this open? I hope I can get a credit card in time. Or what was that with LeandreN proxying, would he also do a money proxy?
Damn it it this is disappointing, I was really looking forward to this and now there is no PayPal option, which really sucks for international buyers.

Offline qn0x

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 04:51:44 »
Waaait no PayPal? How long is this open? I hope I can get a credit card in time. Or what was that with LeandreN proxying, would he also do a money proxy?
Damn it it this is disappointing, I was really looking forward to this and now there is no PayPal option, which really sucks for international buyers.
Same here, hope we'll somehow find a way...

Offline Perfex

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 04:58:13 »
I thought VISA debit cards were commonplace by now

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 04:59:44 »
I thought VISA debit cards were commonplace by now

In the US this is true, not so much in Germany. Cash is King, and for everything else there is wire transfer and PayPal... except this apparently.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 07:58:06 »

If shipping through proxy (given that LeandreN is still up for that), how do we place our orders?

We tried to make a proxy happen, and LeandreN was happy to help. Sadly, if we went that route we would have had to pay VAT twice. Thats no good for anyone. The shipping from USA to most place in Europe is only about $15 more than it is to ship domestic.

I am looking into a way to open up PayPal as a payment option. The problem is, we are selling the Essentials kit at a very low margin. Adding a PayPal option to the nearly doubles our transaction fees. At that point we are selling Essentials kit at a loss. We will both work dilligently to work out a solution to provide an option that works for everyone. Stay tuned.

« Reply #211 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 08:10:54 »
I wish the mods were green. Not enough contrast in the set for me.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 08:15:47 »
Yesh pls! I needz de PayPal =)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 08:22:00 »
I recommend moving this to a GB thread and locking this one since it is live.

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #214 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 08:23:11 »
I recommend moving this to a GB thread and locking this one since it is live.

Thanks! I posted last night, waiting on mod approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pomk

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 09:55:34 »
The chinese proxy seems to have free international shipping! The base set price is 2.50 USD more though.

edit: it seems I cannot read. The international shipping form china is 12.90. Still 20 USD cheaper to Finland than form USA.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 January 2017, 09:59:23 by pomk »

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 10:26:12 »
The chinese proxy seems to have free international shipping! The base set price is 2.50 USD more though.

edit: it seems I cannot read. The international shipping form china is 12.90. Still 20 USD cheaper to Finland than form USA.

If its cheaper for you from China, go for it! Just bear in mind the lead time will be a little longer because we have to ship the sets to China and then they will ship from China to buyers. Also, the Taobao store is an authorized reseller of our product. If you buy from them any issues that may arise must be resolved through Taobao and not through TheKey.Company.

UPDATE: If you are outside of China or SE Asia you cannot purchase from our authorized reseller. I just verified with him that shipping rates will be higher than the flat rate posted on his site. If you are in Europe and order through Taobao your order may be cancelled.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 January 2017, 12:15:59 by TheKeyCompany »

Offline pomk

« Reply #217 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 10:42:12 »
"Place your order with our partner in China and save on shipping." Sure sounds like something other than an unauthorized re-seller.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 11:02:45 »
"Place your order with our partner in China and save on shipping." Sure sounds like something other than an unauthorized re-seller.

What? Something other than an unauthorized reseller... so an authorized one like TKC said?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 11:44:25 »

I updated the site for clarity. Our friend in China is hosting a concurrent GB with us so that people abroad may save on shipping. If you purchase through Taobao, you handle your order through Taobao, and your order will ship to you from their warehouse.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #220 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 12:16:31 »

UPDATE: If you are outside of China or SE Asia you cannot purchase from our authorized reseller. I just verified with him that shipping rates will be higher than the flat rate posted on his site. If you are in Europe and order through Taobao your order may be cancelled. We are working on a flat rate shipping price or a proxy service to cut down EU shipping costs. Please stay tuned for updates. If you already placed an order and we find a way to lower the shipping cost you will be refunded the difference. So hold tight everyone.

Offline pomk

« Reply #221 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 12:59:18 »
Hmm..

Regarding the 'having to pay VAT twice', anyone in Europe now has to do that. The only method for circumventing this is to have a company in Europe make the GMK order, then that company can sell the USA (and China) orders forward. That way in Europe we would pay VAT only once, same as you in the USA. This is because no VAT is applied in B2B transactions in Europe. If the GMK packet is first sent to USA, then I'm not sure how that would go as I'm not familiar with your VAT system, but from your earlier comment I assume that double VAT would be applied.

Btw, would you be willing to bill me as a company, instead of a private customer?  :))
I'm going to have to get a company going at some point and I wonder if such a thing is something that you would be willing to do.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #222 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 13:08:48 »

We tried to make a proxy happen, and LeandreN was happy to help. Sadly, if we went that route we would have had to pay VAT twice. Thats no good for anyone. The shipping from USA to most place in Europe is only about $15 more than it is to ship domestic.

I am looking into a way to open up PayPal as a payment option. The problem is, we are selling the Essentials kit at a very low margin. Adding a PayPal option to the nearly doubles our transaction fees. At that point we are selling Essentials kit at a loss. We will both work dilligently to work out a solution to provide an option that works for everyone. Stay tuned.

I know PayPal fees are terrible and I understand that is an issue. Perhaps it could be a payment option with the added fees in the transaction? I'm not sure the exact amount, but perhaps add a 5%~ fee to any PayPal order?

Offline graefeln

« Reply #223 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 13:23:49 »
Post updated. We go live tomorrow, January 7 2017 at 7pm est.

Bars and scoops added to keep everyone happy. Pricing stays the same. Also added teaser image of custom cables offered during GB from 90N1NE

Join us tomorrow at https://thekey.company

Once again, thank you for all your support and input on making this set become a reality!

Holy hype!

This will be great.

I know PayPal fees are terrible and I understand that is an issue. Perhaps it could be a payment option with the added fees in the transaction? I'm not sure the exact amount, but perhaps add a 5%~ fee to any PayPal order?

From the PayPal ToS:

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Not really worth the risk of having funds frozen... I mean, I wouldn't report them, but is it worth the risk?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #224 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 13:26:35 »

Bars and scoops added to keep everyone happy. Pricing stays the same. Also added teaser image of custom cables offered during GB from 90N1NE

Once again, thank you for all your support and input on making this set become a reality!

Holy hype!

This will be great.

From the PayPal ToS:

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Not really worth the risk of having funds frozen... I mean, I wouldn't report them, but is it worth the risk?

Had no idea PayPal had that in the TOS, well then!

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 13:34:08 »
Hmm..

Regarding the 'having to pay VAT twice', anyone in Europe now has to do that. The only method for circumventing this is to have a company in Europe make the GMK order, then that company can sell the USA (and China) orders forward. That way in Europe we would pay VAT only once, same as you in the USA. This is because no VAT is applied in B2B transactions in Europe. If the GMK packet is first sent to USA, then I'm not sure how that would go as I'm not familiar with your VAT system, but from your earlier comment I assume that double VAT would be applied.

Btw, would you be willing to bill me as a company, instead of a private customer?  :))
I'm going to have to get a company going at some point and I wonder if such a thing is something that you would be willing to do.

We can absolutely mail to a business. I am not sure how that will affect VAT however. I know just enough about VAT laws to be informed but not enough to advise you.
RE B2B: GMK will only ship to the country originating and paying for the order. So the only way around that is to place your own order with GMK. We cant even do a separate PO, we tried.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #226 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 13:36:29 »

Holy hype!

This will be great.

From the PayPal ToS:

I am about to add PayPal as a payment option. Stay tuned, might take a minute. There will be no surcharge.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 January 2017, 13:40:00 by TheKeyCompany »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 13:55:39 »
I am about to add PayPal as a payment option. Stay tuned, might take a minute. There will be no surcharge.

THANKS!!
I was trying to sell off some Artisans ASAP

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 14:19:10 »
You asked, we listened. Paypal is now a payment option. No surcharges will be incurred.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 14:27:18 »
Is there a support email for TKC? Like if say ordered a straight cable because didn't know there was a coiled option?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 14:33:11 »
Cough cough cough.

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #231 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 14:37:17 »
Is there a support email for TKC? Like if say ordered a straight cable because didn't know there was a coiled option?

Orders@TheKey.Company

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 14:37:31 »
Cough cough cough.
Show Image

Fixing that as we speak.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:22:37 »
Ordered, thanks!!

Offline qn0x

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:26:04 »
Ordered my set, too. Thank you for adding the PayPal option this quick!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:31:12 »
On my way to ordering with PayPal! Thanks so much, hopefully you've figured out a way to not lose money with that option!

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #236 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:39:41 »
I can not find a way to combine a Swedish set with base + intl. Is there a new render or is this what is offered? I was into this but now I don't know. Is the intl. for sure or will you look at MOQ?

Offline pomk

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:53:34 »
I can not find a way to combine a Swedish set with base + intl. Is there a new render or is this what is offered? I was into this but now I don't know. Is the intl. for sure or will you look at MOQ?
I didn't even notice that the international kit changed. Previously it was possible to have swe/fi with just two alt-gr legends missing. Right now having incorrect legends, as well as missing some, is mandatory :(
I'd vote for having the <> key have just the two and remove the pipe.

Offline Chazmondo

« Reply #238 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 16:40:57 »
I thought the whole point of the international essentials by Wodan was to include the ISO essentials as part of the base set as it would only increase the cost of the whole kit by $16.50 and help with the international guys joining more group buys (thus the community) as seperate essentials kits never hit MOQ?

Offline poolside

Re: [IC] GMK &gt;Terminal_ Going live 01/07/17 7pm EST
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 17:28:34 »
How come each of the three Backspace keys has a different legend?

This will be addressed. Thank you for pointing that out! Stayed tuned for an update.

I hope the fat crossed-arrow on the 1.5u R3 Backspace keycap won't get dropped. It goes along well with all the other icon mods IMO.

Offline Data

« Reply #240 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 19:15:01 »
Ordered.

Offline maximm

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 05:55:22 »
How is the international kit doing? Will it be bumped if it almost reaches MOQ?

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 06:22:09 »

I think the GB is gonna go for a month, so i guess this is pretty early to now whats gonna happen with it.. i am in for a international kit too..

Offline m1kehonch0

Re: [IC] GMK &gt;Terminal_ NOW LIVE
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:05:15 »

I think the GB is gonna go for a month, so i guess this is pretty early to now whats gonna happen with it.. i am in for a international kit too..

We will pick up the slack for the essentials kit but we need to sell at least 125 of them. We're not even close.

Base has almost hit MOQ.

What happened to the guy that said he'd buy 5 just to make it drop?

Offline pomk

« Reply #244 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:22:49 »
I'd buy some 2-3 sets, but I cannot justify a 282 USD keyset that has some wrong legends in it. I would tolerate missing tertiary legends on some keys, but having wrong ones is too much for my minor OCD.
The international kit pictured before the GB began was a lot better in this aspect. I was also hoping that the VAT debacle could somehow be handled for this GB. Right now it raises the price for me by 60-80 USD.

Offline maximm

« Reply #245 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:27:19 »

We will pick up the slack for the essentials kit but we need to sell at least 125 of them. We're not even close.

Base has almost hit MOQ.

Isn't the MOQ For international kit 100? Thats what GMK said last time.

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:30:01 »

Base has almost hit MOQ.

Essentials MOQ is 150. They tried to make it lower but the people in charge said no. We will pay for up to 25 of them out of pocket to help make it drop.

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:31:08 »
I'd buy some 2-3 sets, but I cannot justify a 282 USD keyset that has some wrong legends in it. I would tolerate missing tertiary legends on some keys, but having wrong ones is too much for my minor OCD.
The international kit pictured before the GB began was a lot better in this aspect. I was also hoping that the VAT debacle could somehow be handled for this GB. Right now it raises the price for me by 60-80 USD.

What is your issue with the legends? Did you voice your opinion early on in the IC?

Vat debacle? There is no way around it, end users have to pay Vat. If you know of a [legal] way to circumvent paying Vat drop me a PM.

Offline pomk

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:32:58 »

Base has almost hit MOQ.

If you have been unable to negotiate a lower MOQ for the international kit, why do you have it in a separate kit? Having its own slightly more ascetic ISO base set without ANSI/plank/whatever keys would be immensely cheaper.

Offline sungwon

« Reply #249 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:34:50 »
If we hit 250 MOQ, are there any price drop?