Author Topic: [IC] GMK-200: add-on mods for WoB and more | data analyzed, ON INDEFINITE HOLD  (Read 12180 times)

Offline Aznguyen316

Interested in basic minimal kit thanks

any chance of getting a \| key added to the kit? The lack of symmetry with the 1 alpha colored key in the mod area drives me insane when building a 60%

Mmm that's often a duplicate if you use ISO. Probably another key world be better, for example <>

The current kit doesn't have ISO enter so........

LOL. Double LOL. Triple LOL.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
I see the financial appeal in just running a monotone 2B/WS1 set.

However I'm not sure what you'd really use the gray alphas for -- they don't look that great on their own in my opinion. I made KLE mockups with WoB, Retro/9009, and Taro, and they all look weird to me. Retro/9009 has a kind of "sand camo" look that might be appealing to certain people. But maybe you all like them more than I do.

any chance of getting a \| key added to the kit? The lack of symmetry with the 1 alpha colored key in the mod area drives me insane when building a 60%

Mmm that's often a duplicate if you use ISO. Probably another key world be better, for example <>

The current kit doesn't have ISO enter so........

LOL. Double LOL. Triple LOL.

As I mentioned a few posts up, I am considering adding ISO keys.

That said, if you take a look at the IC data so far we are very much "on the edge" in terms of willingness to pay. Maybe that 1 key inflates the price of the set $5; as much as I sympathize with you, that $5 might push more people away from buying the kit. ISO might be worth including, if only in homage to the original. Extra mod-colored alternates, maybe or maybe not. As always, the best way to express your interest would be to fill out the IC form and mention it in the comments at the end.

I will put it on the list of "nice to have" keys if somehow this IC really takes off and/or the quote from GMK comes back lower than expected.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline yaya

I'd rock a full set of it... This render has L9 alphas I think.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
Not a bad look.

What about WS1/CR alphas? Reminiscent of a "lite" version of Honeywell or Oblivion Hagoromo. A few people on Discord were saying good things about this pairing.

BTW this render was made by manzel on Discord (thank you!)
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

I'd rock a full set of it... This render has L9 alphas I think.

Super nice. Like old beamsprings

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
Interest for this is light and pricing is probably too high. I won't lock the thread but consider this project on indefinite hold, until further notice.

However, I will try reaching out to JTK at some point.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Oh no