Author Topic: [IC] GMK WoB Hiragana  (Read 97852 times)

Offline desibidu

Re: [IC] GMK WoB Hiragana (40% kit?)
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 01:11:58 »
Would be great to see some sword, waves, etc (Japanese inspired) modifiers legends , arrows, etc.  Would that drive up the cost?

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 01:24:58 »
Would be great to see some sword, waves, etc (Japanese inspired) modifiers legends , arrows, etc.  Would that drive up the cost?

lets get some akatsuki clouds :cool: :cool: :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline azeria

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 12:23:00 »

yes... unnecessary custom legends on such a small set is not a good idea at all.

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 15:01:15 »
Will the 2.25u and 2.75u spacebars be concave or will they be able to use Carbon's new molds and be convex?

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 01:00:05 »
Any chance to offer keys to fill out upcoming 60/65 kits that have left hand fkeys?

Offline arninja21

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 01:31:44 »
Any news? I hope this pushes through.

Offline zhang2118

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 14:57:07 »
Looks so nice! The sets are also spot-on!

Offline Ouskambou

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 13:01:35 »
Any news on this? :)

Offline equalunique

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 23:03:40 »
I am soooooo into this design

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline equalunique

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 23:08:26 »
I am soooooo into this design

Only improvement would be 2x blank 1u keys for every row + 10x blank r4 1u keys + 2x blank r4c 1u keys so I could put this on a planck.

Offline garbo

Re: [IC] GMK WoB Hiragana (minor kit update)
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 01:28:06 »
Only improvement would be 2x blank 1u keys for every row + 10x blank r4 1u keys + 2x blank r4c 1u keys so I could put this on a planck.

The proposed 40% kit would surely be better than blanks, no?

We have something better for you guys :D
(Attachment Link)
Ortho, Minivan, JD40 and many more..

Offline joe405

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 18:29:55 »
Any update on when the GB might start?

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 16:09:40 »
Need this for my Kuro

Offline Ouskambou

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 11:56:28 »
Need this for my Kuro

Exactly my use case as well. Kuro Kuyo 😎

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 14:32:12 »

lets get some akatsuki clouds :cool: :cool: :cool:

Please make this a thing  :p

Offline azeria

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 11:29:42 »
lol come on we're info starved

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 19:52:33 »
I'd be down for one of the base sets as it stands now. I see a lot of people suggesting dual legends, swords etc, but honestly I think the clean, minimalistic design is what makes this stand out.

When we got the Gaijin kit with Laser, it really worked because part of the whole cyberpunk theme is just this constant stream of information bombarding you, so how busy it makes the keys look fits really well. But since then it seems like every set tries to shoehorn that in regardless of whether or not it fits, and this is another case where I really don't feel like it meshes with the overall theme at all.

As various novelty mods go, there could be some clean designs that work, but is it really necessary? It seems like a big draw to this would be that it's a pretty small set that uses existing moulds, so it would be an affordable and accessible way for people to kit out their smaller boards while also giving them a unique look.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:38:03 »
I agree. Keep the set simple and affordable. No novelties.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:43:31 »
The set that has everything OK. Elegant simplicity, full sixty coverage and a great pricing (hoping for this last one). :)

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 05:45:26 »
I'd be down for one of the base sets as it stands now. I see a lot of people suggesting dual legends, swords etc, but honestly I think the clean, minimalistic design is what makes this stand out.

When we got the Gaijin kit with Laser, it really worked because part of the whole cyberpunk theme is just this constant stream of information bombarding you, so how busy it makes the keys look fits really well. But since then it seems like every set tries to shoehorn that in regardless of whether or not it fits, and this is another case where I really don't feel like it meshes with the overall theme at all.

As various novelty mods go, there could be some clean designs that work, but is it really necessary? It seems like a big draw to this would be that it's a pretty small set that uses existing moulds, so it would be an affordable and accessible way for people to kit out their smaller boards while also giving them a unique look.

I completely agree with this. I really like the simplicity of the cleaner legends, and would love a nice price for such a set.

Offline Ouskambou

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 11:42:35 »
It would be really cool to get some info, I absolutely want this set but if it isn't happening I might go for DSA Katakana.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:10:26 »
It would be really cool to get some info, I absolutely want this set but if it isn't happening I might go for DSA Katakana.

Yeah I hope they'll be back soon, better not to rush an IC tho.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:21:29 »
I like this set overall just a few things bugging me..

1. The one line tab icon is cool but I think it should be top left weighted instead of center left, or maybe it just looks weird to me because it is too small which is another thing I think might make it look better.

2. I am not a fan of the mac bottom row icons, but its not exactly a deal breaker since tons of other black and white sets exist that could be mixed with this.

Other than that it looks good, hopefully we get to see the ball rolling with this set.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:27:54 »

1. The one line tab icon is cool but I think it should be top left weighted instead of center left, or maybe it just looks weird to me because it is too small which is another thing I think might make it look better.

2. I am not a fan of the mac bottom row icons, but its not exactly a deal breaker since tons of other black and white sets exist that could be mixed with this.

Other than that it looks good, hopefully we get to see the ball rolling with this set.

I highly disagree with you.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:30:42 »

Care to elaborate?

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:38:18 »

Care to elaborate?

No.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 20:38:29 »

Care to elaborate?

No.

I found the icons to be signature for the set; otherwise, it would be just another WoB set. Legends are OK, their position is OK too; therfore, I disagree with you also.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 22:00:12 »

Care to elaborate?

No.

I found the icons to be signature for the set; otherwise, it would be just another WoB set. Legends are OK, their position is OK too; therfore, I disagree with you also.

Ah yes you're totally correct. How could I possibly think that people want this because its Hiragana... I must not be right in my mind its gotta be the icon mods!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 22:11:04 »

Care to elaborate?

No.

Ah yes you're totally correct. How could I possibly think that people want this because its Hiragana... I must not be right in my mind its gotta be the icon mods!

Just giving feedback on your comment about icons you did not mention anything about the main legends. Hiragana puts the set appart from the common OG Cherry WoB as well and the two or three GMK replicas; of course, If you aren't a touchtypists it may not be for you.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 22:16:07 »

Care to elaborate?

No.

Just giving feedback on your comment about icons you did not mention anything about the main legends. Hiragana puts the set appart from the common OG Cherry WoB as well and the two or three GMK replicas; of course, If you aren't a touchtypists it may not be for you.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 22:25:33 »

Care to elaborate?

jebbra said this earlier on

And I also suggest to change the tab key to this design:

Show Image

Why? I think it help to maximize the harmony in this set because only the tab key has 2 lines. So changing it to 1 line and in the more used direction (to the right) will hamonize the set better.

I can see what hes saying as the icon backspace and enter sort of mirror it on the other side, also centered. I like the normal tab fine as well though, maybe more as its what I'm used to.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 22:31:09 »
The simpler one arrow tab is one of the reasons I am considering to get this set. I use WoB in one of my daily drivers and I'd like to mix these mods and Hiragana's with standard symbols, cuz I touch type but not on the unfrequent keys. Really hoping for the set to see the GB phase. BTW, KBDFans rocks.

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 12:33:04 »
Would love to get in on this if it happens. Lovely set, and I wouldn't suggest or request any changes. Just a matching BoW version. =]
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 12:46:37 »
If they made changes to the tab icon, that would mean new moulds. I am fine with it and keeping the price low.

Offline dimo

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 18:34:14 »
Would love to get in on this if it happens. Lovely set, and I wouldn't suggest or request any changes. Just a matching BoW version. =]

did they say they’re doing a BoW version?

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 18:47:12 »
did they say they’re doing a BoW version?

Nah just wishful thinking and a suggestive post. I'm on a kick of mixing keysets right now, and thought white HHKB arrows and fn key on this set would be dope. I'd buy another set just for that.
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline dimo

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 22:22:27 »
is there a possibility of an extra kit for tkl keys? with an moq
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 22:33:00 by dimo »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [IC] GMK WoB Hiragana
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 00:28:42 »

3. It's WoB so it should be CR black + WS1 white like other WoB sets. Older sets used CP tho so maybe briano1905 might wanna go og boiz CP white.

CP would make this the perfect sixty white on black set. WS1 is just too bright and would make the set to look like cheap OEM caps that would be a shame for such a well designed set.

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 08:40:15 »

3. It's WoB so it should be CR black + WS1 white like other WoB sets. Older sets used CP tho so maybe briano1905 might wanna go og boiz CP white.

CP would make this the perfect sixty white on black set. WS1 is just too bright and would make the set to look like cheap OEM caps that would be a shame for such a well designed set.
Well, I personally want to get this set in order to mix with GMK Metaverse which also uses WS1, so from my perspective I would prefer a match.  I'm sure there are other sets with WoB modifiers or Alphas that use WS1 that people would want to match with. I'm not sure why a bright white would make the set look cheap -- there actually is an even brighter white available (WS2).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 11:08:52 »

Well, I personally want to get this set in order to mix with GMK Metaverse which also uses WS1, so from my perspective I would prefer a match.  I'm sure there are other sets with WoB modifiers or Alphas that use WS1 that people would want to match with. I'm not sure why a bright white would make the set look cheap -- there actually is an even brighter white available (WS2).

All OG Cherry sets are CP, while pretty few WoB sets are WS1, Metaverse is the only one I can remember actually. I understand that you in particular want to mix the set with your own, but your case is not representative of the vast majority of OG owners. Besides there are always OG WoB sets available at very good prices so even you can get one to mix and match if this set were CP. How many Metaverse's owners are there? or at what price you can get one set if it were available?

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 11:22:13 »

All OG Cherry sets are CP, while pretty few WoB sets are WS1, Metaverse is the only one I can remember actually. I understand that you in particular want to mix the set with your own, but your case is not representative of the vast majority of OG owners. Besides there are always OG WoB sets available at very good prices so even you can get one to mix and match if this set were CP. How many Metaverse's owners are there? or at what price you can get one set if it were available?

I'm sorry, I did not mean to imply that I thought my case was representative of anything other than my own personal preference -- this is an IC thread after all.  The current design uses WS1 and I think it looks great -- whether you want to mix this set's icon mods with another set like I do, or whether you like this set on its own -- it is crisp and clean.  Not to worry, the white will become less harsh after a few years in the sun  :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 12:49:19 »

I'm sorry, I did not mean to imply that I thought my case was representative of anything other than my own personal preference -- this is an IC thread after all.  The current design uses WS1 and I think it looks great -- whether you want to mix this set's icon mods with another set like I do, or whether you like this set on its own -- it is crisp and clean.  Not to worry, the white will become less harsh after a few years in the sun  :D

No need to be sorry, this is a discussion forum after all. I just wonder what the point is for a partial sixty set like this to use WS1 legends if for full boards the set has to be matched with already available sets that are CP? It does not make sense.

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 13:23:14 »

No need to be sorry, this is a discussion forum after all. I just wonder what the point is for a partial sixty set like this to use WS1 legends if for full boards the set has to be matched with already available sets that are CP? It does not make sense.

I don't believe the designers of this kit care about full boards or mixing with other kits in order to cover full boards, but if you're asking why I personally want to mix this kit, it is pretty simple -- the designers posted a 40's kit that they wanted to provide as an add-on kit to this set.  Many GMK base kits almost provide coverage for a 5X12 Ortho layout, but often just not quite.  I would like to use the 40's kit to provide  Ortho mod coverage for one or more of my GMK kit alphas.  The main kit I'm interested in supplementing is GMK Metaverse which happens to be WS1, however I have ideas for others since WoB mods can go with lots of different alpha colors.

You make many valid points and it is very true that I may be in the minority with regards to my usage scenarios.  Additionally, as you point out, there are not going to be many Metaverse owners out there, and even fewer who wish to outfit an Ortho board (and yes, I can get coverage for an Ortho board with the Metaverse base kit alone, but the 40's kit in this IC would be nicer IMHO).  Honestly, CP would probably be fine with me as long as I don't have to mix modifiers from different kits, but the designers did choose WS1 and I'm not the only one in this IC who seems to like that choice for aesthetic reasons alone.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 15:16:23 »

check out gmk originative, and then theres also Massdrops WoB they are the two most recent WoB runs and both use WS1 (pretty sure at least).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 20:42:49 »
Let's see if the OP decides to support OG or the newest GMK sets. WS1 is on the table already, but the fact is that there are far more OG sets on hand.

My grain of salt only.

Offline dimo

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 19:47:04 »
Updates?

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 23:50:49 »
Has OP disappeared?

Offline Hyperdimension

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 09:21:34 »