Author Topic: [GB] Mechlovin' - Adelais PCBs & Plates - ROUND 2 SHIPPING!  (Read 32153 times)

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
[GB] Mechlovin' - Adelais PCBs & Plates - ROUND 2 SHIPPING!
« on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 11:15:19 »

ROUND 1 INFO

More
Hello Geekhackers and Mech friends,

It’s Team Mechlovin’ again, back with another GB. For those who don’t know, we have previously run 3 GBs for TGR compatible PCBs and Plates, and the last one (Hannah 910 Rev.2 and Infinity CE) is going to be shipped within the next few weeks.

It’s a mad world, innit? Given the current situation, it probably isn’t of optimal timing to run a GB now. However, we’ve been sitting on this project for a few months now, and since we’ve had working prototypes in our hands for more than half of that time, we’ve decided to put things in motion, rather than just sit around and wait.

To be completely transparent, there are a few things to consider regarding the impact of COVID-19:

- Lead time is around 6 weeks, instead of our standard 4 weeks. Things still work, albeit at a slower pace.

- We have been working with our trusted proxy to ship to the US, Canada and some European countries, and the rest has been handled by National post. We haven’t encountered a single issue with previous orders. However, at this moment, our proxy only ships to the US. Things may change when the orders are ready to ship in the near future, but if not, shipping to countries other than the US will be handled by National post.

WHAT’S AVAILABLE FOR THIS BUY?

- Adelais Standard PCB - compatible with TGR Alice and all clone variants. Comes with RGB underglow pre-soldered.

- Adelais RGB PCB (or Adelais en Ciel) - compatible with TGR Alice and all clone variants. Comes with RGB underglow AND RGB switch blacklight LEDs pre-soldered.

- Adelais (TGR Alice & Clones compatible) FR4 plate

Adelais Prototype assembled and fit

GENERAL GB INFORMATION

Order form: https://forms.gle/UfVPxa3pTMSNHTSCA
Album of prototype, mock-ups and finished products from previous GBs: https://imgur.com/a/T67cgJR

• Price: $48 (USD) per standard PCB; $78 (USD) per RGB PCB (Adelais en Ciel) and $30 (USD) per FR4 plate, plus international shipping from Vietnam (calculated based on buyer’s location)

• MOQ: None. Maximum order quantity: 50 Standard PCBs & 30 RGB PCBs

• Group buy form opens on Sunday, March 29th at 23:00 (GMT+7) for TEN DAYS.

• Invoices will be sent out ASAP after form submission. Payment deadline is 48 hours after the invoice is issued. Estimated production lead time: 45-50 days, so shipping is expected to begin at the end of May 2020.

Shipping will mostly be handled by my trusted proxy with USPS tracking for US-based buyers; DHL Global tracking for Canada and some European countries (expected delivery: 2 weeks). As stated above, due to current situation, my proxy only only ships to the US at the moment. If things don't change when the products are ready to ship, shipping to countries other than the US will be handled by standard post. You can also choose EMS express service, and while it's quite expensive, it is great if you live in Asia or Europe and want quicker delivery (normally within 10 days).

PCB & FR4 PLATE SPECS

• PCB is programmable via QMK and VIA

• PCB thickness: 1.6mm; Mini-USB port

• Powered by STM32F303 MCU. Supported layout: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/?fbclid=IwAR0XQinjkr1l2LA85tTU4mpr8S8B5jxSKgPyUlH2ZP3rrKEot-AesBNrK7Q#/gists/f11c903151531006c35f368bb851a5d2

• Underglow RGBs pre-soldered for both variants. RGB backlight LEDs pre-soldered for Adelais RGB variant (Adelais en Ciel) only.

• ESD protection

• BootMagic Reset by holding ESC key and connecting USB cable

• PCB color: Matte Black solder mask with gold immersion. Sample from Hannah 910 v1 GB: https://i.imgur.com/Wi6lomQ.jpg

• FR4 Plate specs: Matte black, 1.6mm with gold bezel coating. Sample from Hannah 910 v1 Gb: https://i.imgur.com/Wi6lomQ.jpg

UPDATE 1 4/1: GB concluded. Sorting through orders. First email update sent.

ROUND 2: 09.20.2020

WHAT’S NEW (AND IMPROVED)

- We’re offering TYPE-C support for both versions (Standard with underglow and full per-key RGB) of the PCBs this time. Mini USB option is still available for the folks owning the original Alice or cases that only support it.

- Fix the tolerance issue with Durock (and probably C3) screw-in stabs at one particular position on the last round’s PCBs (please see album). The short story is we tightened the hole to provide support for clip-in stabs, but it ended up a bit too small for Durock ones. The fix does make that particular stab position incompatible with clip-ins, but we don’t think it’s much of an issue given how popular screw-in stabs these days compared to clip-ins.

- Added support for rotary encoders. The Standard version has rotary encoder support for all 3 keys on the far left cluster; while the En Ciel (full RGB) version only does so for the top left key due to the fact that its schematic is more complicated with all the pre-soldered per-key RGB LEDs.

- Added the anodised aluminum option for plates. We first offered the aluminum plate option for our previous Kanu Group buy, and since things turned out nicely, we’ve decided to bring the option to this one.

Type - C Standard Adelais & FR4 Plate

Adelais en Ciel (Full RGB) from Round 1

Aluminum Plates sample

Stab positions that have been fixed for this Round

WHAT’S AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE

Adelais Standard PCB - compatible with TGR Alice and all clone variants. Comes with RGB underglow pre-soldered. Mini-USB and Type-C available.

Adelais RGB PCB (or Adelais en Ciel) - compatible with TGR Alice and all clone variants. Comes with RGB underglow AND RGB switch blacklight LEDs pre-soldered. Mini-USB and Type-C available.

Adelais FR4 & Aluminum (black, silver and red) plates.

GENERAL GB INFORMATION

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE GROUP BUY: https://forms.gle/wirfefxPoJZrwhFJ9

PHOTO ALBUM: https://imgur.com/a/xwkgXdH

OUR DISCORD SERVER FOR LATEST GB UPDATES: https://discord.gg/jqVbMpM

• Price: $50 (USD) per standard PCB; $78 (USD) per RGB PCB (Adelais en Ciel); $30 (USD) per FR4 plate and $38 per aluminum plate, plus international shipping from Vietnam (detailed rates specified in the purchase form).

• MOQ: None.

• Group buy form opens on Sunday, September 20th at 23:59 (GMT+7) for TEN DAYS.

• Invoices will be sent out ASAP after form submission. Payment deadline is 48 hours after the invoice is issued.

PCB & PLATE SPECS

• PCB is programmable via QMK and VIA

• PCB thickness: 1.6mm; Mini-USB & Type-C

• Powered by STM32F303 MCU. Supported layout

• Underglow RGBs pre-soldered for both variants. RGB backlight LEDs pre-soldered for Adelais RGB variant (Adelais en Ciel) only.

• ESD protection

• PCB color: Black solder mask with immersion gold coated pads.

• FR4 Plate specs: 1.6mm with gold bezel coating.

• Aluminum Plate specs: 1.5mm CNC’d, sandblasted and anodised aluminum. Available in black, silver and red.

LEAD TIME AND SHIPPING

We have a limited number of the Standard USB-C PCBs and FR4 plates already in stock, so some early orders with only those items are ready to ship. In general though, the expected production time is 6-8 weeks, so shipping’s expected to start at the end of November/ early December.

Shipping during the pandemic is difficult. We have a reliable US proxy (12-14 day delivery) and a contract with DHL(3-5 day delivery) for the US and rest of the world with pretty competitive pricing. Though we’re still offering standard shipping (using national post) for non-US destinations, we highly recommend choosing the DHL option for much faster and safer shipping.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2020, 04:05:23 by flying1911 »
Jane V2 | Jane CE | Jane V2 CE | Police | Kaze | KMAC 2 | BRG Haus | Sessantacinque | Ori CLS-2 FE | Dalco 959 Mini | Mechlovin' Unikorn | G81-3100 SAV | Model M SSK

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
approved.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
Jane V2 | Jane CE | Jane V2 CE | Police | Kaze | KMAC 2 | BRG Haus | Sessantacinque | Ori CLS-2 FE | Dalco 959 Mini | Mechlovin' Unikorn | G81-3100 SAV | Model M SSK

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
Small but important update: The Reddit post which came live a day before this one received overwhelming support, so we actually came quite close to the maximum order number for both the Adelais Standard and Adelais RGB (Adelais en Ciel) PCBs.

This is just history repeating itself, as we had to cancel our first GH GB for the Hannah 910 PCBs due to the same situation. We should really have learned something by now...

For now, the form is still open, and we're just happy to be able to offer this to the community.

Offline Captain Shwah

Whew! Thanks for the heads up and congrats on continued GB success. :thumb:

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
Whew! Thanks for the heads up and congrats on continued GB success. :thumb:

Thank you and glad we could be of service <3

Offline zeusinthesheets

• I like borgers
Damn. I've been looking for an Alice PCB for a while and I can't believe I missed getting in on this.
RAMA Koyu Haze | SA Laser | Holy 🅱️andas

Offline stoic-lemon

It's still open.

EDIT: Oops. Oh no it isn't.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 April 2020, 10:57:13 by stoic-lemon »

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
We're sorting through orders to get ready for components order and production. We're sorry that the form had to be closed earlier than expected due to high demand, but extras will be available on our upcoming website.

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
Everything's nicely in motion. Extras will be available on our website, which will be launched following the fulfillment of this GB's orders.

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
FR4 Plates have arrived!

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
Adelais en Ciel (RGB) PCBs are in and currently under QC. Standard PCBs scheduled for arrival next week. We're running ahead of schedule!

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
We've started shipping out the Adelais En Ciel (RGB) orders, and aim to finish shipping out all GB orders by early next week.

Offline Mr.Elli0t

Will there be extras for the Alice FR4 plate, or another run soon?  :D

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
Anywhere I can download the default VIA bin file? Thanks in advance!

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
Anywhere I can download the default VIA bin file? Thanks in advance!

You can search for it here: https://caniusevia.com/docs/download_firmware

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
Re: [GB] Mechlovin' - Adelais (Alice & clones compatible) PCBs & Plates - ROUND 2!
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 11:15:27 »
Round 2 is now live with new options:
- USB-C
- Anodised Aluminum plates in Silver; Black and Red

As per recent feedback, we'll be providing more frequent and detailed updates on this thread on top of email updates sent to GB participants.

Offline yhs

Re: [GB] Mechlovin' - Adelais PCBs & Plates - ROUND 2 LIVE!
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 20:14:35 »
Thanks!

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
Re: [GB] Mechlovin' - Adelais PCBs & Plates - ROUND 2 SHIPPING!
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 04:07:35 »
Round 2 Update:

- Orders containing the in-stock FR4 Plates and/or the Standard Type-C PCB have been shipped.

- The anodised aluminum plates came in today.

Offline cbbplanet

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 09:15:50 »
ano colors looking good! color PC plates coming soon?!

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 10:20:43 »
ano colors looking good! color PC plates coming soon?!

We've been looking into that and that may something we'll introduce in our next GB.

Offline hexa

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 20:26:12 »
PC and perhaps brass plate options would be awesome. Love my FR4 but would consider picking up some others!

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 02:18:28 »
All of the sudden my PCB started firing the whole row when I hit bottom row keys (zxcvbnm etc). I've reflashed the firmware to no avail, and as far as I can see I don't have any traces that got messed up, and the MCU looks clean - like I said, it just started randomly.

Any ideas of what to do?

Offline BareSphereMass

• (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 00:40:16 »
Is PayPal the only way to get on the wait list / buy one of these?  (I don't have PayPal and don't want to sign up for yet another account).
Current Keebs:  Atreus 42 (hand wired)  |  Anne Pro 2  |  Prime_E  |  Prime_Meridian
Next Keebs:  Polycarbonate Alice  |  Type-K  |  Wood Case Keeb
Current Keycaps:  OEM (POM & PBT)  |  SA R3 (PBT)  |  DSA (PBT)  |  MT3 Camillo  |  GMK Apollo  |  Deskr Canyon Caps  |  MT3 LotR Elvish  |  GMK Civilizations
Current ArtisansDwarf Factory Artisans (2x)  |  Rama x Keycult Brass (1x)  |  Holyoops D.VA Aluminum (cherry R4)  |  Walnut OEM R4  |  3D Printed Pikachu
On Order:   GMK Pharaoh (est. April 2024)
Other:   ZealPC Clickiez

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 17:28:56 »
All of the sudden my PCB started firing the whole row when I hit bottom row keys (zxcvbnm etc). I've reflashed the firmware to no avail, and as far as I can see I don't have any traces that got messed up, and the MCU looks clean - like I said, it just started randomly.

Any ideas of what to do?

The mechlovin guys got me taken care of. 10/10 customer service, I am very happy :)

Offline BareSphereMass

• (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 01:21:56 »
I flashed my PCB with the "mechlovin_adelais_rgb_led_rev2_via.bin" from https://caniusevia.com/docs/download_firmware#0 but the per key rgb control does not exits.  The underglow RGB controls function great and the per key controls do not exist.  Am I doing something wrong, or does VIA not have that capability?  The per key lighting is stuck in a very bright rainbow spiral., any tips?
Current Keebs:  Atreus 42 (hand wired)  |  Anne Pro 2  |  Prime_E  |  Prime_Meridian
Current Keycaps:  OEM (POM & PBT)  |  SA R3 (PBT)  |  DSA (PBT)  |  MT3 Camillo  |  GMK Apollo  |  Deskr Canyon Caps  |  MT3 LotR Elvish  |  GMK Civilizations
Current ArtisansDwarf Factory Artisans (2x)  |  Rama x Keycult Brass (1x)  |  Holyoops D.VA Aluminum (cherry R4)  |  Walnut OEM R4  |  3D Printed Pikachu

Offline BareSphereMass

• (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 01:26:01 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 August 2021, 03:01:00 by BareSphereMass »

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 03:43:58 »
I flashed my PCB with the "mechlovin_adelais_rgb_led_rev2_via.bin" from https://caniusevia.com/docs/download_firmware#0 but the per key rgb control does not exits.  The underglow RGB controls function great and the per key controls do not exist.  Am I doing something wrong, or does VIA not have that capability?  The per key lighting is stuck in a very bright rainbow spiral., any tips?

Responded on Discord <3

Offline BareSphereMass

• (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 12:01:09 »
Does anyone know of an acrylic case that fits this PCB / plate?

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 14 June 2022, 21:29:48 »
Does anyone know of an acrylic case that fits this PCB / plate?

we have a design that can be shared with you. Hit us on Discord