Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 907917 times)

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 22:28:17 »
Hmmm yall got any extras by chance?

You might want to read through the entire thread before asking about extras.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 23:07:58 »
My theory is Jaxx got screwed by his manufacturer and is trying to fix it by using a CNC machine during off-hours at work which is why there is so much secrecy.

Could be. Did not know he worked for CNC manufacture company? I thought in his updates that he borrowed money to start production I assumed he bought a machine with those borrowed funds., Who knows.

He doesn't have to work for a CNC manufacture company for his work to have a CNC machine.

Offline thanatic

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 23:18:24 »
My theory is Jaxx got screwed by his manufacturer and is trying to fix it by using a CNC machine during off-hours at work which is why there is so much secrecy.

Could be. Did not know he worked for CNC manufacture company? I thought in his updates that he borrowed money to start production I assumed he bought a machine with those borrowed funds., Who knows.

He doesn't have to work for a CNC manufacture company for his work to have a CNC machine.

Also a true statement. and then?

Offline keyboardkrill

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 23:30:27 »
I really hope jaxxstatic provides an update today/tomorrow on where things are at. AFAIK the May24th shipping estimate has not be met, that is fine, but communicate what is going on. Please don't leave us in the dark.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 07:52:19 »
Surprise surprise another missed update from Jaxx who could've called it. Don't dare speak up on it though because that means you are impatient and entitled or you just want to complain to complain /s

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 12:52:29 »
Surprise surprise another missed update from Jaxx who could've called it. Don't dare speak up on it though because that means you are impatient and entitled or you just want to complain to complain /s

Disappointing, but not surprising at this point.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 20:56:13 »
come on man

Offline dottt

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 21:32:43 »
Despite the apologies and promises to do better and post weekly updates, from Jax himself, still nothing. Server is locked down, can’t even react to posts anymore. This is ridiculous and infuriating.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 23:35:55 »
What you guys didn't get shipping updates today? JK who thought that was going to happen lol.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 10:25:57 »

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious.  :))

BTW, I agree. This is becoming a **** show. Amazes me he cannot be transparent and forthright with buyers. At this point, you quit giving BS ETAs because all that does is give false hope and rightfully infuriates some (not all) buyers (just keeps adding fuel to the fire). What you DO do is keep giving frequent timeline updates as to what you are doing and where the bottlenecks are. Doesn't matter if there are no changes, you keep with weekly updates and it keeps your customers in the loop and aware. For a while it seemed like they were doing a decent job of it and then just locked down the server and said **** it. Wrong move as a GB runner IMO.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 14:27:46 »

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious.  :))

BTW, I agree. This is becoming a **** show. Amazes me he cannot be transparent and forthright with buyers. At this point, you quit giving BS ETAs because all that does is give false hope and rightfully infuriates some (not all) buyers (just keeps adding fuel to the fire). What you DO do is keep giving frequent timeline updates as to what you are doing and where the bottlenecks are. Doesn't matter if there are no changes, you keep with weekly updates and it keeps your customers in the loop and aware. For a while it seemed like they were doing a decent job of it and then just locked down the server and said **** it. Wrong move as a GB runner IMO.

yup. delays and issues always understandable. ghosting and hiding is lame

Offline PandaMech

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 17:40:40 »
All bad signs and now just silence this is not looking good. Jaxx’s statements/excuses/reasons/updates and actions don’t match up or add up. In addition to stating he is strapped for cash(low funds) but continues to buy and participate in other keyboard GB doesn’t make sense. (e.g. dolphin tkl GB 4/24/2021) counting from the bottom 31 spaces up you will find a familiar person.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vS8Bg0Ez_WpCmxlzOdaRuMjI3WMSu8Ei6DHlT3WVoW_7-ArHC5QRI0jJspDZAm7OQ/pubhtml?gid=1269326486&single=true

Seems like having issues with prioritization.

Offline bert039

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 19:51:18 »
Is it even possible to do a chargeback at this point or is everyone out their money?

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 21:01:55 »
I would personally try a chargeback. No point in waiting around and the longer you wait, the less likely you'll get one.

Offline themedia

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 03:33:34 »
We made it through another day of no word from Jaxx after the last missed shipping date let's fcking go

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 15:47:34 »
All bad signs and now just silence this is not looking good. Jaxx’s statements/excuses/reasons/updates and actions don’t match up or add up. In addition to stating he is strapped for cash(low funds) but continues to buy and participate in other keyboard GB doesn’t make sense. (e.g. dolphin tkl GB 4/24/2021) counting from the bottom 31 spaces up you will find a familiar person.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vS8Bg0Ez_WpCmxlzOdaRuMjI3WMSu8Ei6DHlT3WVoW_7-ArHC5QRI0jJspDZAm7OQ/pubhtml?gid=1269326486&single=true

I've been keeping an eye on the thread. Not excusing what Jaxx has (or hasn't) done, esp in regards to communication. He needs to put out updates more plain and simple. Just sucks to see a minority of people would rather meme/be toxic about it.

However, this point is irrelevant in regards to the buy IMO. I can see why people would view him entering other buys as "problematic". But thinking "he hit on this board and is neglecting the buy" is a bit of a logical stretch. Drawing conclusions about his personal financial situation is inaccurate and a non-sequitur in regards to R2 itself.

He's not stupid. He's not dipping his hand in the cookie jar to fund other gbs he wants to get in on.
How do I know? He told me.
Is he lying? While possible, it's HIGHLY improbable. Speak to anyone who knows Jaxx about his reputation within the hobby and you'll find he's one of the most honorable people within the community. Not only that, the potential repercussions of "short term gains" for him entering gbs -- with funds from R2 is in the state it's in -- will have severe long term effects on himself, his business, and his family. I know for a fact that he wouldn't risk the livelihood of his family for getting a board he wants. Not when he has so many boards, sets, artisans, which he can and HAS BEEN selling off to fund whatever he needs.

People being upset at him or at how he runs the buy, while I personally don't agree with that behavior, I at least understand it.
What Jaxx does or doesn't do with his personal finances, his collection, etc outside of the R2 gb shouldn't be discussed here. We don't know what his personal life is like, and it's not our place to pry.

Offline byakuya

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 16:19:16 »

I've been keeping an eye on the thread. Not excusing what Jaxx has (or hasn't) done, esp in regards to communication. He needs to put out updates more plain and simple. Just sucks to see a minority of people would rather meme/be toxic about it.

However, this point is irrelevant in regards to the buy IMO. I can see why people would view him entering other buys as "problematic". But thinking "he hit on this board and is neglecting the buy" is a bit of a logical stretch. Drawing conclusions about his personal financial situation is inaccurate and a non-sequitur in regards to R2 itself.

He's not stupid. He's not dipping his hand in the cookie jar to fund other gbs he wants to get in on.
Is he lying? While possible, it's HIGHLY improbable. Speak to anyone who knows Jaxx about his reputation within the hobby and you'll find he's one of the most honorable people within the community. Not only that, the potential repercussions of "short term gains" for him entering gbs -- with funds from R2 is in the state it's in -- will have severe long term effects on himself, his business, and his family. I know for a fact that he wouldn't risk the livelihood of his family for getting a board he wants. Not when he has so many boards, sets, artisans, which he can and HAS BEEN selling off to fund whatever he needs.

People being upset at him or at how he runs the buy, while I personally don't agree with that behavior, I at least understand it.
What Jaxx does or doesn't do with his personal finances, his collection, etc outside of the R2 gb shouldn't be discussed here. We don't know what his personal life is like, and it's not our place to pry.

Kimchi

You have been defending Jaxx since the very beginning, and frankly, your comment on this thread feels quite out of touch.

Lets address a few things. Jaxx has publicly stated how he had to sell things like bongos in order to pay for "the electricity bill for machining rukias". This is clearly a public statement of financial difficulties. This is on top of saying he can no longer afford to provide refunds to people.

Also you cannot sit here and gaslight us by saying him lying is "HIGHLY improbable". Jaxx has not kept his word on a number of occasions throughout this GB, and just reading back through this tread from the last month can clearly show you that.

As many people have stated multiple times throughout this thread, there are more questions than answers in this entire GB. Jaxx has done absolutely nothing to garner the trust of GB members. There were many issues and delays with "Rukia R1.5" as well, so it seems like there is more evidence against Jaxx at this point, than for him.

The fact that the Discord server has been locked for almost 2 months and Jaxx has now gone radio silent does not help his case at all. I have already started the chargeback process with my Bank, and I would recommend others do the same.

Offline pears

• Sneezing is painful
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 16:27:04 »

I think the problem with this reply is that you ignored pretty much all the real issues and only tackled the ones that are easy to pick on like "he spent x money on a gb".

Instead you should be in solidarity with the rest of the people asking for the weekly updates he said he was going to provide. Unless you have more information on why he did not post an update on the 24th, both when he said shipping would start, and the beginning of a new week where if shipping wasn't happening, there would at least be an update.

He clearly has funding issues if he's selling parts of his collection "to pay for machining electricity". This is what sounds like a logical stretch when you say people are drawing conclusions when he in fact stated it was a truth.

I've been part of buys (that are technically still going) where the runner had a good reputation and ended no one has heard a peep from him for almost 6 months. You can only hang on your reputation for so long, and when you give people expectations and then go and do not live up to them, you start to garner a new reputation. Sometimes it's worthwhile to step back and look at the situation objectively.

PS: I think you might be surprised to hear that it isn't a "minority" of people who are upset and wanting answers.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 May 2021, 16:29:54 by pears »
Getting punched in the face was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Offline singabore

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 16:44:18 »
pepelaugh

Offline dottt

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 16:58:37 »
So are we getting an update or not?

Offline solianne

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 21:07:42 »
So are we getting an update or not?

Only the SE buyers get updates now

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 05:47:54 »

I think most people here are simply expressing their disappointment in how unabashedly uncommunicative jaxx is. Memes and toxicity should be ignored, but don't confuse that for legitimate concern and justifiable anger.

I generally agree that personal purchases shouldn't be confused for ignoring business needs but I can see where consumers come from in thinking that on one side of the coin he is saying "no more refunds," while simultaneously buying a brand new keyboard.

Sure wish Jaxx would communicate with his customers like he does with you.

Speak to anyone who knows Jaxx about his reputation within the hobby and you'll find he's one of the most honorable people within the community.

I touched on reputation in a previous post. Prior to this debacle I would agree that his reputation would be considerably good and that you could trust that you'd get a keyboard in the end. Jaxx's inability to communicate when issues arise, when deadlines have passed, when again, customers, are led to believe that shipping would commence earlier this week but instead of sharing why, there's just deafening silence. Jaxx's reputation is not good right now.

Not only that, the potential repercussions of "short term gains" for him entering gbs -- with funds from R2 is in the state it's in -- will have severe long term effects on himself, his business, and his family. I know for a fact that he wouldn't risk the livelihood of his family for getting a board he wants. Not when he has so many boards, sets, artisans, which he can and HAS BEEN selling off to fund whatever he needs.

I don't have any comment on this.

So, if you do not agree with people voicing concern and understandable (as you say) anger, how would you prefer it happen? Customers have been trying to get some kind of information out of this whole thing and while toxic behavior may have led to the lockdown of the ability to send messages in Discord, it doesn't prevent Jaxx from providing communication to his (you know it's coming) customers via that same means.

Touched on this earlier, I generally agree.

---

To think, all of this could be remedied (yes, even now) by a simple regular update interval.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 May 2021, 20:35:58 by zekkin »

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 08:40:41 »
Jaxx left something on your chin bro

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 08:52:55 »
This is one of those situations where the GB runner could easily prove what is going on, but will not. For example, he claims he received all boards and they were damaged when shipped by sea and by customs officials. Pictures? Show people a giant stack of boards. Show some of the damage.

He claims he is making the boards himself in his shop. Show some boards in progress.

If only everyone carried a device with a camera on it that could easily upload pictures to the internet… Has he not done this?

People would be instantly sympathetic and understand the delays, even if they are really pissed off about it.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 09:09:46 »
Funny thing is he still logs into Geekhack daily. Hes just not looking at his own thread or doesnt care to respond.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 10:57:40 »
Curious if anyone has been PMing him on Discord and getting any replies.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 11:03:45 »
Yeah things are getting sketchy now IMO. A lot of promises made & still nothing. I joined this GB cause of Jaxx's good reputation & prior successful GBs. Although this just goes to show even proven runners can have GBs that goes tits up. Fingers crossed we get our boards, but I can't say that'll happen confidently after all of this.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 May 2021, 08:42:27 by Rob27shred »

Offline NOLA

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 11:13:03 »

I just checked out of curiosity and see he must have disabled DMs. lol

Offline dottt

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 11:26:30 »
I have dm’d him on a few different apps and I haven’t gotten a single reply, though I wasn’t expecting to get one

Offline singabore

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 12:10:10 »
dam ya'll haven't beeen getting replies? mans sold me some caps like 2 weeks ago

Offline Abstand

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 17:12:35 »
I wasn't going to contribute to this thread, but as time goes on and my anxiety regarding this gb raises, I feel that it might help to share my feelings.

I am a r2 Rukia buyer, I bought the board, every plate available as well as an aluminum top. My total spent on this buy is close to $700.

I am beginning to get very nervous about this group buy. The thought that Jaxx may legitimately run off is now beginning to enter my thoughts as a legitimate possibility. I cannot come up with a reasonable situation that would cause Jaxx to miss a previously stated shipping window without a single word to all of the buyers, especially with the lack of (quality) updates being a cornerstone of this group buy. My excitement about the board has been replaced with anxiousness.

I have been in the custom MK hobby for a few years now, and have participated in many group buys. Some went smooth, some did not. The R2 Rukia group buy has been one of the most nerve-wracking buys for me, and it seems to be getting worse. I have never been in a buy that ends up getting ghosted by the runner.

For those who have been in group buys that went south, what recourse do the buyers have? Ultimately, I would love to see the board show up one day. I absolutely love the concept, design and want the board. However, it seems that the possibility of this buy failing is becoming more real as each silent day passes. Any advice to those in this buy that may be unsure on how to proceed?

Jaxx, if you're reading this; I am just one guy who fell in love with your design and spent a ton (for me) money to make it a reality. I feel very nervous about how things are going right now. Should I be nervous about what is going on here? Is there any information you can provide that may ease some of the tensions i'm sure a lot of us are feeling about this?

I hope this didn't come across as toxic or aggressive. I know Jaxx has stated he had issues with that in the past. I just wanted to get my very real feelings about this out there and try and find out what the actual status is.

Offline dottt

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 17:16:24 »

I hope this didn't come across as toxic or aggressive. I know Jaxx has stated he had issues with that in the past. I just wanted to get my very real feelings about this out there and try and find out what the actual status is.
it’s not toxic, we as buyers are being flat out disrespected. It takes less than 5 minutes to provide an update. It’s been nearly a week since the estimated ship date and 3 weeks since we last got an “update”

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 18:17:42 »
In all seriousness, everyone should be talking to their credit card company for a chargeback.

You'll probably get denied, but I know that when I had a fraud issue with my Amex, they let me go back a whole year.

Offline solianne

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 19:04:06 »

if people know any1 in the r2 se buy they should ask them to share the replies jaxx gave to them while keeping quiet to every1 in the normal buy. would think if he could send msgs to people in the se part of the buy he could do that for every1. maybe kimchi can post the updates that jaxx provided there to give an idea of what is happening. probably not going to happen but at least ppl in the standard buy can be given the same info like the alu tops not actually existing since not even se buyers have seen them.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 19:40:35 »
Man, I love the look of this board! Hope they do an R3!

Offline thanatic

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 22:10:32 »

if people know any1 in the r2 se buy they should ask them to share the replies jaxx gave to them while keeping quiet to every1 in the normal buy. would think if he could send msgs to people in the se part of the buy he could do that for every1. maybe kimchi can post the updates that jaxx provided there to give an idea of what is happening. probably not going to happen but at least ppl in the standard buy can be given the same info like the alu tops not actually existing since not even se buyers have seen them.

I'm speechless and irked.

Offline keyboardkrill

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 03:29:59 »

Lmao, have you read this thread? Proceed with caution buddy.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 08:10:36 »

Lmao, have you read this thread? Proceed with caution buddy.

He's just doing a bit of trolling. ;)

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #188 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 18:22:46 »
Don't worry your mom cleaned it up for me

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 18:24:13 »

I'll reach out to Jaxx and see if I can push him to put out an update asap. But there's only so much I can do at this point.

Offline war40ck

• Sadge
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 19:29:37 »
lmfao
Tell me why...

Offline solianne

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 21:18:31 »

I'll reach out to Jaxx and see if I can push him to put out an update asap. But there's only so much I can do at this point.

only so much u can do? y cant u just post screenshots of the se room for every1 to see? no need to wait for jaxx if he posted update there. are u saying jaxx did not post in the se channel? i hope u wont lie but u prbly just go back to being silent like jaxx

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 29 May 2021, 23:37:31 »
From the look of your picture itd be more likely it was my dad  ;D

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #193 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 00:08:19 »
I'm very disappointed in this GB. There have been so many broken promises and an unacceptable lack of communication from jaxx. I get that delays happen. Personally I don't really mind waiting for a board that I know is going to be lovely. But seeing the discord server get locked down sucks. Checking back on the locked server every day to see if there's an update sucks (hint: there isn't.)  Being lied to sucks. Checking the geekhack page to find out he's got a separate channel of communication for people who purchased the SE board sucks.

I no longer have any confidence that my board even exists. First it was stuck on a boat. Then it was sliced and diced by a box cutter. Then it was manufactured again in house. Then it was stuck in a SCIF because he works in a SCIF and that's where the cnc is. Then jaxx is selling bongos because he's having trouble paying for electricity for machining costs (is this the same cnc machine in the SCIF? Why on earth are you paying your employer's electric bill? I'm so confused and this just feels like I'm being lied to.)

I've heard so many people speak high praise of jaxx and how he's "an honorable man" or "a very trustworthy groupbuy runner." My experience with this groupbuy has given me the opposite impression. The longer this goes on, the more I feel like I've been scammed. I don't want a refund. I don't intend to attempt a chargeback with the bank. I just want my board.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 01:37:18 »

TBH, I am not really interested in hearing anything from him other than a shipping confirmation.  Story time is over.

Offline JJae

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 02:25:47 »
For someone who is supposed to be a known member & streamer in the community and have an active role in this group buy, this is just completely unprofessional. It doesn't matter if alwaysbless antagonizes you with a rude comment, you're one of the representatives of this group buy and should behave appropriately. These kind of comments in this thread that already is full of tension and upset customers just worsens the situation, makes jaxx look worse, and makes you look like a child without the capacity to handle the responsibility. Take a deep breath and think before you respond to certain things.

Offline SpeedoKing

« Reply #196 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 07:40:29 »
For someone who is supposed to be a known member & streamer in the community and have an active role in this group buy, this is just completely unprofessional. It doesn't matter if alwaysbless antagonizes you with a rude comment, you're one of the representatives of this group buy and should behave appropriately. These kind of comments in this thread that already is full of tension and upset customers just worsens the situation, makes jaxx look worse, and makes you look like a child without the capacity to handle the responsibility. Take a deep breath and think before you respond to certain things.

I am very upset with the groupbuy and very disappointed with Jaxx, but why is kimchijodyboi supposed to take an insult like that and say nothing?
I'm sure he tries his hardest and this guy just blatantly comes out and starts insulting in a thread that is, how you said yourself, already full of tension?
Your comment is also out of line, at least mention the guy that started it as well and apply the same measure to everyone.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 09:12:51 »
This is the 2nd time at least, his previous similar comments were deleted. Guy should get some nice ban hammer time to reflect

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #198 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 09:15:19 »
This is the 2nd time at least, his previous similar comments were deleted. Guy should get some nice ban hammer time to reflect
Agreed. Complaining about the GB us understandable, but blatant trolling in a GB thread should be insta-ban for a bit.

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 13:14:11 »
Latest update said boards will start shipping May 24th. So people should have product in hand soon and the debate will die down. He also promised weekly updates in discord so another should be coming this week.