Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 907226 times)

Offline LiTurk

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 17:02:55 »
I forget how hard it is to make a short post on geekhack and or discord.

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 22:10:21 »
Maybe it's just me but I feel like it's pretty disrespectful to say that you'll update your customers "tomorrow" or "weekly", and then not do so, over and over again. It's not as if  there isn't any information to be released. The people who bought SE boards are getting updates. Jaxx is also not the only person who can post to the discord or geekhack page. It's almost like leaving out the regular GB customers from receiving updates is a conscious decision. Like come on. You can't just copy paste what you give to the SE chat? or even have a mod do it? Is there a reason we're being kept in the dark? Do these updates only apply to SE boards? If so, does radio silence for the regular GB mean that no progress has been made?

Offline thicthock

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 23:16:19 »
As someone who has been in a number of group buys with delays, unresponsive runners, etc., the response here feels rather overblown.

Yes, there have been a several runners who have taken people's money and ran. That doesn't mean every group buy with setbacks is a scam. I can't speak too much on this particular group buy as my only information is coming from this thread and Discord, but as long the runner is making some effort (which jaxx appears to be doing), I'm fine leaving it at that and forgetting the whole mess until my board ships.

The only thing that actually annoys me here is that people who are not in this buy are spreading negative opinions and uncertainty. If you are in the buy, then by all means continue adding to the discussion. If you are not, reconsider why you are posting here in the first place.

It is nice you can be so chill about it. But many buyers here are scared for their money and have a right to be. That is just as bad as not being part of the groupbuy and mocking the people affected. For some people a whole damn lot of money is on the line. They have a right to be worried of the Groupbuy starter refuses adamanently to give simple updates like:

Case tolerance adjustments are moving forward and progressing well. PCB parts sourcing/manufacturing has been resolved and is moving forward with Gondo's assistance. That's a summation of the conversation.

That was not by him but by another community member while he promises: tomorrow there will be an update and then doesnt do even that.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 11:22:31 »
I forget how hard it is to make a short post on geekhack and or discord.

I was thinking the same thing.

(btw, even with my ****ty typing and all the corrections, total time omn this post was < 1 min).
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline NOLA

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 11:54:37 »
I just spoke with Jaxx briefly. Case tolerance adjustments are moving forward and progressing well. PCB parts sourcing/manufacturing has been resolved and is moving forward with Gondo's assistance. That's a summation of the conversation.

Awesome, thanks for the update. Is this something Jaxx will post personally here and the Discord server so the other GB participants can know that things are moving along? I have friends who only check the Discord updates so it would be nice to get an official word about it from Jaxx.

Doubtful unfortunately from his obvious silence. I'm just passing along what he told me in the DM from Discord.

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 12:31:34 »
I just spoke with Jaxx briefly. Case tolerance adjustments are moving forward and progressing well. PCB parts sourcing/manufacturing has been resolved and is moving forward with Gondo's assistance. That's a summation of the conversation.

Awesome, thanks for the update. Is this something Jaxx will post personally here and the Discord server so the other GB participants can know that things are moving along? I have friends who only check the Discord updates so it would be nice to get an official word about it from Jaxx.

Doubtful unfortunately from his obvious silence. I'm just passing along what he told me in the DM from Discord.

Yeah that’s super unfortunate that the updates have been limited to SE buyers and/or reaching out via DMs. I’m sure Jaxx is working hard to fix the fitment issues but it doesn’t hurt to take 5-10 minutes once every week to post an official update on how things are moving along. I’m not here to flame Jaxx but like many people here we are hoping he is learning from his mistakes. The communication part seems like an easy thing to improve for him but he hasn’t shown any improvement.

Offline dottt

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 12:51:42 »

Yeah that’s super unfortunate that the updates have been limited to SE buyers and/or reaching out via DMs. I’m sure Jaxx is working hard to fix the fitment issues but it doesn’t hurt to take 5-10 minutes once every week to post an official update on how things are moving along. I’m not here to flame Jaxx but like many people here we are hoping he is learning from his mistakes. The communication part seems like an easy thing to improve for him but he hasn’t shown any improvement.

I feel the same as you, I’m frustrated but still hopeful of receiving the board. It’s frustrating that he’s aware of the issue, acknowledged it, apologized for it, and said “I will be better” but we’ve seen no “better”.

Offline TypicalOranges

« Reply #257 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 09:54:43 »

This you?

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 16:21:14 »
seems pretty obvious that jax used the gb money to buy a cnc a machine. the fitment issues are just growing pains of learning how to cnc
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline KneeDeep

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 16:58:47 »
The frustrating part is I didn’t join this group buy to be part of someone’s CNC growing pains. This seems to get glossed over when people talk about buyers complaining about lack of transparency. I regret not taking the out when Jaxx was offering refunds, but live and learn. Guess I’m watching this till the bitter end.

Offline XUR

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 17:51:41 »
The lack of updates and lack of transparency is getting absurd. How is it that we just now found out the PCBs have issues or that they weren't even ordered? This kind of breach of trust makes it hard to keep holding on to the GB, but there's also little else that can be done.

Offline PandaMech

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 00:09:23 »
The frustrating part is I didn’t join this group buy to be part of someone’s CNC growing pains. This seems to get glossed over when people talk about buyers complaining about lack of transparency. I regret not taking the out when Jaxx was offering refunds, but live and learn. Guess I’m watching this till the bitter end.

What? Serious?  I know there were riots but it was confirmed? If so that is jaxx’ed up.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 13:01:45 »
seems pretty obvious that jax used the gb money to buy a cnc a machine. the fitment issues are just growing pains of learning how to cnc

At least he trying to fulfill his orders. Woodkeys did the same and then ghosted when his uninsured, used industrial grade CNC machine broke.

Offline kontradictions

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 13:12:38 »

At least he trying to fulfill his orders. Woodkeys did the same and then ghosted when his uninsured, used industrial grade CNC machine broke.
So what you're telling me is that shutting down the discord server, delayed updates with no substantial information, and the lack of communication is okay because it's technically not ghosting. Interesting....

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 13:15:02 »

What orders has he fulfilled? The orders of refunds people requested?

Offline KneeDeep

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 13:32:06 »

Really missed the whole "he was never supposed to be milling these cases for us in the first place" part didn't ya bud?

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 13:38:38 »
I’m sure Jaxx is working hard to get stuff done but is it too much for us to ask for an update that shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to write? It seems like every day that passes by without an update will make people get antsy over the situation.

Offline byakuya

« Reply #267 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 13:43:01 »

Thank you, this is something I think people keep skipping over, and really is one of the main issues with this GB.

Also... Jaxx come on mate. How many times are you going to tell us we will get "weekly updates", "more info tomorrow", etc. without actually following through. It is inexcusable at this point.

Offline samisles10

« Reply #268 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 05:31:35 »
If a class action is open, how many of you will join?

Offline NOLA

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 09:41:45 »

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #270 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 10:31:41 »
Jaxx is a “respected community member” with 0 respect for the community

Offline NOLA

« Reply #271 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 11:09:34 »
Jaxx is a “respected community member” with 0 respect for the community

BOOM

Offline dottt

« Reply #272 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 11:12:19 »
It has been eleven (11) days since the last more info tomorrow

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 13:59:42 »
Yeah…. What ever happened to the “weekly” updates?

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #274 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 15:57:30 »
Yeah…. What ever happened to the “weekly” updates?

Not the same situation but it sure reminds me of one. https://woodkeys.click/blog/ Promised weekly updates become not weekly updates become complete silence.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 16:12:54 »

Offline alspdx

« Reply #276 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 18:52:40 »
Holy crap, that Woodkeys guy totally went dark on all platforms — facebook, instagram, twitter, his own blog.

Hope Jaxx didn't go out for a pack of cigarettes.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 June 2021, 01:47:41 by alspdx »

Offline Smoochie

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 19:39:54 »
nice board, is this a rip?

Offline zian_

« Reply #278 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 22:49:25 »
This one seems to be going well.

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 19:35:01 »
Holy crap, that guy totally went dark on all platforms — facebook, instagram, twitter, his own blog.

Hope Jaxx didn't go out for a pack of cigarettes.
Not condoning the ghosting-esque behavior, but when people say **** like this
I can't particularly blame him completely from going dark.

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 20:30:15 »
I mean, he's pretty much damned if he does and damned if he doesn't right now. Say something, it'll be picked apart. Don't say something, he's not living up to promises. But one sure way to silence someone is to threaten legal action. Next statements will then be only handled via 'my official legal representation'. ****ty situation for everyone right now. I really do hope it turns out well in the end...

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #281 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 21:05:50 »

Hello it is treeleaf
Let me weigh in with my useless opinion

1. While I did not join the Rukia group buy, I think it's fair enough to say Everyone does not like having group buys delayed.
2. The second worst thing to when possessing another's money (first is outright scamming) is lack of communication, especially if you haven't delivered on your promises to give them a product within a certain time frame.

I have had a bad case of depression in the last few months. I didn't want to get out of bed. I hated my life. I just wanted everything to be over.

... and I behaved similarly to the way Mr Jaxx is behaving now. When I started failing my classes, rather than solving my problems by working harder in school, my depression made it impossible to catch up. It's not that I didn't want to work, it's that I couldn't work.

--

Dearest Mr Jaxx: I hope you're feeling ok. Reach out to me. I'm here for you.

To everyone else: The keyboard didn't work out. Getting angry at him will not magically solve your problem. The best you can do is cooperate, wait, and hope for the best.
[/color]
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #282 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 21:09:34 »
I hope to bring peace and forgiveness to this thread.  have a good day/night everyone

Offline solianne

« Reply #283 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 23:42:47 »
hi mr treeleaf good msg. very nice for u2 think of jaxx like this.  jaxx say he will have nsa 2 help take photo soon. he tell this to se chat again. yes he still only talk 2 se gb members and not normals. how do ppl explain how this ok? nsa have 2 say ok 2 photo but se gb have nsa approval 2 know only.

Offline wencan008

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 02:00:57 »
jaxxstatic — Today at 2:51 AM
Non-update:
PCBs incoming.
~1/4 of the way through re-finishing (sandblasting) bottoms. Material has been removed.
Will give an ETA when it can be anywhere close to accurate.

Just so everyone not on discord can see this. Just happened 9 minutes ago

Offline RedBananaBread

« Reply #285 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 04:02:35 »
Non-update:
PCBs incoming.
~1/4 of the way through re-finishing (sandblasting) bottoms. Material has been removed.

This is what I don't get. So, none of the boards are actually ready?

A lot of the updates have been very conflicting. You're telling me that after a year, the PCBs weren't ordered, the boards were all brutally destroyed by a box cutter and even though we had a tentative shipping date of May 24th, the boards are still being sandblasted? None of these make sense.

I get that it's hard and I honestly don't mind waiting. But I'd really love some transparency and honesty.

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 07:11:09 »

Hello it is treeleaf

1. While I did not join the Rukia group buy, I think it's fair enough to say Everyone does not like having group buys delayed.
2. The second worst thing to when possessing another's money (first is outright scamming) is lack of communication, especially if you haven't delivered on your promises to give them a product within a certain time frame.

I have had a bad case of depression in the last few months. I didn't want to get out of bed. I hated my life. I just wanted everything to be over.

... and I behaved similarly to the way Mr Jaxx is behaving now. When I started failing my classes, rather than solving my problems by working harder in school, my depression made it impossible to catch up. It's not that I didn't want to work, it's that I couldn't work.

--

To everyone else: The keyboard didn't work out. Getting angry at him will not magically solve your problem. The best you can do is cooperate, wait, and hope for the best.
[/color]

Thank you mr treeleaf, I hope that you are doing much better these days. I also hope that Jaxx is doing well too.

Offline sctang

« Reply #287 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 10:00:08 »
Group buys should have a sith rule of 2. That way someone can be dedicated to updates and handle the client side with full transparency from the runner. It’s a lot for one person to handle this… a lot of stress. When I become stressed/anxious/depressed I become avoidant because I don’t want to disappoint people. An apprentice could help! Just don’t let them kill you in your sleep  :-X

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #288 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 13:14:16 »
I think this is what Jody attempted to be. :)

Offline NOLA

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 19:31:11 »
Non-update:
PCBs incoming.

This is what I don't get. So, none of the boards are actually ready?

A lot of the updates have been very conflicting. You're telling me that after a year, the PCBs weren't ordered, the boards were all brutally destroyed by a box cutter and even though we had a tentative shipping date of May 24th, the boards are still being sandblasted? None of these make sense.

I get that it's hard and I honestly don't mind waiting. But I'd really love some transparency and honesty.

He had to take out material from the bottoms, so he has to sandblast them to reacquire the appropriate finish. I'd imagine he can be done with the boards by the end of the month. I do not have any idea on the ETA of the PCBs though.He really needs to try his best to get these shipping by early July.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 21:11:24 »
Group buys should have a sith rule of 2. That way someone can be dedicated to updates and handle the client side with full transparency from the runner. It’s a lot for one person to handle this… a lot of stress. When I become stressed/anxious/depressed I become avoidant because I don’t want to disappoint people. An apprentice could help! Just don’t let them kill you in your sleep  :-X
Agree, partner in crime is always good ~ even if it's just moral support!

and thanks for the love everyone, your kindness is much appreciated. take it easy <3

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 08:58:56 »
Hum thanks for the update SE GB people

Offline PandaMech

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 00:53:10 »
Non-update:
PCBs incoming.

I don’t quite understand jaxx’s latest update. Material has to be removed from bottom portion of the case? I though Gondo in June 1st states there was no PCB fitment issues. Am I not understanding correctly? Seems like contradictory information.

Offline dottt

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 07:07:21 »
Non-update:
PCBs incoming.

Nah, he said the fitment issue wasn’t the PCB, the case was wrong

I don’t quite understand jaxx’s latest update. Material has to be removed from bottom portion of the case? I though Gondo in June 1st states there was no PCB fitment issues. Am I not understanding correctly? Seems like contradictory information.

Offline hpetrovski

• Osum
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 08:12:29 »

Hello it is treeleaf

--

[/color]

(treeleaf moment)
On a serious note, I can relate to this heavily, hope everyone is well and gets their boards soon enough.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #295 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 12:05:39 »
Non-update:
PCBs incoming.

The PCB and case were designed with a specific set of components in mind - the USB port, capacitors, resistors, sockets, LEDs, etc.
PCBs take a lot less time to do than the cases so they're normally done later in the process to avoid tons of stock sitting around for months.
Obviously prototypes are made first to test fitment, but thanks to the global component shortage some of those components were no longer available when it came time to manufacture the PCBs, and the available replacements were a slightly different size so the cases had to be reworked to accommodate.

The other option would have been to leave the cases untouched and wait till the component shortage was resolved, but that could take another year.
Reworking the cases for the different components is the most expensive option, but it gets everyone their boards sooner.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 12:49:23 »
if only the PCBs were ordered a year ago!

Offline dottt

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 12:51:27 »
if only the PCBs were ordered a year ago!

But why would you do that before making sure you can cnc your own cases 🤡 /s

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 00:39:27 »
Non-update:
PCBs incoming.

The PCB and case were designed with a specific set of components in mind - the USB port, capacitors, resistors, sockets, LEDs, etc.
PCBs take a lot less time to do than the cases so they're normally done later in the process to avoid tons of stock sitting around for months.
Obviously prototypes are made first to test fitment, but thanks to the global component shortage some of those components were no longer available when it came time to manufacture the PCBs, and the available replacements were a slightly different size so the cases had to be reworked to accommodate.

The other option would have been to leave the cases untouched and wait till the component shortage was resolved, but that could take another year.
Reworking the cases for the different components is the most expensive option, but it gets everyone their boards sooner.

in that case, it doesn't make sense. he also said that the cases didn't fit existing Alice PCBs on the market. Which doesn't add up with him blaming the component shortage leading to different sized components. it's just to buy time to get the cases made probably.
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #299 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 01:35:10 »
Non-update:
PCBs incoming.

in that case, it doesn't make sense. he also said that the cases didn't fit existing Alice PCBs on the market. Which doesn't add up with him blaming the component shortage leading to different sized components. it's just to buy time to get the cases made probably.

Yeah the facts don't add up to me and I'm really tired of feeling like I'm being lied to. I still remember reading updates and being excited for rukia to ship before Thanksgiving, and then Christmas 2020. But we find out this month that he never even ordered PCBs!

So that was a lie, right? Was every update we received last year just fake news? Did the boat rukias even exist?

I get that the pandemic caused delays. Delays are forgivable. But dishonesty towards customers is such a slap in the face.