Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 908957 times)

Offline BareSphereMass

• (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 12:18:43 »

On top of everything else, these aren't acrylic...
Oopse, I meant Polycarbonate.  I have a stacked acrylic board, and its fine, but not as nice as some of the poly boards I've seen.
Current Keebs:  Atreus 42 (hand wired)  |  Anne Pro 2  |  Prime_E  |  Prime_Meridian
Next Keebs:  Polycarbonate Alice  |  Type-K  |  Wood Case Keeb
Current Keycaps:  OEM (POM & PBT)  |  SA R3 (PBT)  |  DSA (PBT)  |  MT3 Camillo  |  GMK Apollo  |  Deskr Canyon Caps  |  MT3 LotR Elvish  |  GMK Civilizations
Current ArtisansDwarf Factory Artisans (2x)  |  Rama x Keycult Brass (1x)  |  Holyoops D.VA Aluminum (cherry R4)  |  Walnut OEM R4  |  3D Printed Pikachu
On Order:   GMK Pharaoh (est. April 2024)
Other:   ZealPC Clickiez

Offline cutemelon

« Reply #401 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 16:44:34 »
This is brutal

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #402 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 20:01:55 »
So now all we want is board that PCbs won’t fit in. This is sad AF

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #403 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 22:58:23 »
Supposedly the refinishing is all done, but who knows at this point

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline Tsumi

« Reply #404 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 15:21:57 »
Supposedly the refinishing is all done, but who knows at this point
I can't really keep up, but wasn't the refinishing performed so that it'll fit the new PCB design that uses the chips that are more readily available? If so, wouldn't it render the board useless as it'd be incompatible with the existing Alice-style PCBs on the market?

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 15:23:06 »
No apparently it was refinished to accommodate support for 3rd party pcbs.

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #406 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 16:24:13 »
No apparently it was refinished to accommodate support for 3rd party pcbs.
This was my understanding.

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #407 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 16:54:16 »
At this point the next update we will get will say that the pcbs got shipped to space with Jeff Bezos

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #408 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 13:53:45 »
 6 pages since I’ve checked this and not a single picture of an aluminum top, finished rukias, PCBs…

Maybe I missed this but Jaxx did say in the discord on 5/31 that he had finished and shipped some “kits” out without PCBs. Has anyone posted any pictures in any of the various keyboard communities?

I would LOVE it if someone could show us their built r2 rukia. I’m a bit peeved that instead of showing the discord those finished kits or how they were packaged or a stack of them going out or anything at all to indicate that they actually exist and went out…they were just shipped.

I say I might’ve missed it because it was almost 2 months ago but hopefully that means they ended up in the hands of some awesome community members that are willing to show their finished builds! And maybe they even have one or more of those elusive aluminum tops.

Only ~4 months until our 1st estimated shipping date anniversary  🥰

Offline olsen34

« Reply #409 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 22:57:28 »
6 pages since I’ve checked this and not a single picture of an aluminum top, finished rukias, PCBs…

Maybe I missed this but Jaxx did say in the discord on 5/31 that he had finished and shipped some “kits” out without PCBs. Has anyone posted any pictures in any of the various keyboard communities?

I would LOVE it if someone could show us their built r2 rukia. I’m a bit peeved that instead of showing the discord those finished kits or how they were packaged or a stack of them going out or anything at all to indicate that they actually exist and went out…they were just shipped.

I say I might’ve missed it because it was almost 2 months ago but hopefully that means they ended up in the hands of some awesome community members that are willing to show their finished builds! And maybe they even have one or more of those elusive aluminum tops.

Nobody has seen any picture of the board. Not even Gondo, his collaborator. And yet people are still hopeful they exist. This is sad.

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #410 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 00:22:45 »
I believe in my own assessment that Jaxxstatic is the type of guy who's able to pull off something like this. Time will tell if I'm wrong. Covering up the parts that didn't need refinishing and then refinishing to match the rest, must be a helluva lot of work. The SCIF part I can believe, because of.. reasons.

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #411 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 03:26:29 »

Nobody has seen any picture of the board. Not even Gondo, his collaborator. And yet people are still hopeful they exist. This is sad.

That's the weird thing. Boards were shipped without PCBs. To who?? I didn't get the option to get my board without a pcb. Is this an SE GB only kind of thing?

I went back and read the discord #updates thread. Here's a summary:

• in November 2020, he said that shipping from the overseas manu is coming in batches. The first batch is 150 boards. Boards should ship to him first week of December, and then get packed and shipped out to customers in the following week.
  • in December 2020, he said that the first batch was supposed to arrive at the beginning of December. It hasn't arrived and it's because it was shipped via boat. Also he has the means to make rukias in-house now. He said he can probably produce the first batch within 4 weeks. (estimated. not guaranteed) He also started raffling refunded spots and pointed out that it's unusual for GB runners to even offer refunds.
  • We wait for boat boards for months
  • in March 2021, he says that an undisclosed number of boards were damaged likely due to box cutters. The 300 boards will be shipped to him. 300? not 150? Which batch is this? The first batch is 150 boards and was on the boat we were waiting for since November. Were there more than one batch on this boat? How many batches are there in total from the overseas manu? How many boats were they shipped on? Can we see the boards?
  • In April 2021, Kimchijodyboi says no refunds. he also says "CHOTTO MATTE IM NOT PISSED KEKW SPAIN WITHOUT THE A" yeah ok idk what that means. Also, I'm pissed. It's been a year since the GB started and I have nothing but a $400 hole in my wallet.
  • In May 2021, he shows a side by side of his in-house produced rukia vs a round 1 rukia. he shows some pictures of scuffed rukias and gives examples of things he can fix vs things he can't fix. He posts a shaky cam video of himself which tells us literally nothing lol, as well as pictures of end mills, and a CNC machine, and white boxes... It is not explicitly stated that the scuffed rukias are boat rukias. He only says that they are damaged.
  • He then updates that some kits were shipped out but without PCBs. Again, to who? I wasn't informed about this and didn't get this choice. He then talks about the chip shortage. My dude you didn't order the PCBs last year. I joined GBs after Rukia sales ended that have delivered. They didn't have issues with the chip shortage for their PCBs.

So Rukia R2 is going to be a mix of in-house produced boards, and "boat boards" from an overseas manufacturer that he is able to refinish after being "damaged by box cutters". All of these boards are currently being modified so that PCBs can fit because chip shortage means PCBs need different components than what was in the original design from last year. Too bad he didn't order PCBs last year when this wasn't an issue... even though he said he'd be shipping full kits in December 2020. It's kinda weird how he said that before ordering PCBs. It's kinda weird how the numbers for the boat boards don't add up. first batch is 150 units on a boat for months and then (undisclosed number) boards are damaged but all 300 of them are going to be inspected and refinished. Somehow he also has the means for producing rukias in-house now... but it's in a SCIF and he can't take pictures. But where are the boat rukias? Surely he could have taken photos of them. There are allegedly 150 or 300 of them.

Anyway I don't believe any of the stuff he says anymore and I want to know what jaxx did with my money.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #412 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 07:24:28 »

That's the weird thing. Boards were shipped without PCBs. To who?? I didn't get the option to get my board without a pcb. Is this an SE GB only kind of thing?

• in November 2020, he said that shipping from the overseas manu is coming in batches. The first batch is 150 boards. Boards should ship to him first week of December, and then get packed and shipped out to customers in the following week.
  • in December 2020, he said that the first batch was supposed to arrive at the beginning of December. It hasn't arrived and it's because it was shipped via boat. Also he has the means to make rukias in-house now. He said he can probably produce the first batch within 4 weeks. (estimated. not guaranteed) He also started raffling refunded spots and pointed out that it's unusual for GB runners to even offer refunds.
  • in March 2021, he says that an undisclosed number of boards were damaged likely due to box cutters. The 300 boards will be shipped to him. 300? not 150? Which batch is this? The first batch is 150 boards and was on the boat we were waiting for since November. Were there more than one batch on this boat? How many batches are there in total from the overseas manu? How many boats were they shipped on? Can we see the boards?
  • In April 2021, Kimchijodyboi says no refunds. he also says "CHOTTO MATTE IM NOT PISSED KEKW SPAIN WITHOUT THE A" yeah ok idk what that means. Also, I'm pissed. It's been a year since the GB started and I have nothing but a $400 hole in my wallet.
  • In May 2021, he shows a side by side of his in-house produced rukia vs a round 1 rukia. he shows some pictures of scuffed rukias and gives examples of things he can fix vs things he can't fix. He posts a shaky cam video of himself which tells us literally nothing lol, as well as pictures of end mills, and a CNC machine, and white boxes... It is not explicitly stated that the scuffed rukias are boat rukias. He only says that they are damaged.
  • He then updates that some kits were shipped out but without PCBs. Again, to who? I wasn't informed about this and didn't get this choice. He then talks about the chip shortage. My dude you didn't order the PCBs last year. I joined GBs after Rukia sales ended that have delivered. They didn't have issues with the chip shortage for their PCBs.

So Rukia R2 is going to be a mix of in-house produced boards, and "boat boards" from an overseas manufacturer that he is able to refinish after being "damaged by box cutters". All of these boards are currently being modified so that PCBs can fit because chip shortage means PCBs need different components than what was in the original design from last year. Too bad he didn't order PCBs last year when this wasn't an issue... even though he said he'd be shipping full kits in December 2020. It's kinda weird how he said that before ordering PCBs. It's kinda weird how the numbers for the boat boards don't add up. first batch is 150 units on a boat for months and then (undisclosed number) boards are damaged but all 300 of them are going to be inspected and refinished. Somehow he also has the means for producing rukias in-house now... but it's in a SCIF and he can't take pictures. But where are the boat rukias? Surely he could have taken photos of them. There are allegedly 150 or 300 of them.

Anyway I don't believe any of the stuff he says anymore and I want to know what jaxx did with my money.

Correction: the part about the PCB is wrong. It fits the PCB just fine, even with new components. The PCB is not the issue. The problem is that the case bottom does not fit third-party PCBs.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #413 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 12:00:50 »

Only ~4 months until our 1st estimated shipping date anniversary 

Correction: the part about the PCB is wrong. It fits the PCB just fine, even with new components. The PCB is not the issue. The problem is that the case bottom does not fit third-party PCBs.

On May 31, 2021 in #updates on discord he posted:
"There is a shortage on components amongst different PCB manufacturers, so I've been busy consolidating sources for parts and figuring out assembly that falls within budget.
Tried to see if assembling in-house was possible, but it takes too long
Replacement components are taller as well. Also tested newer revisions of available Alice-compatible PCBs, and they have the same issue--
so I have to remove about a 1mm of space in the bottom case under the PCB"

I don't mean to argue with you but it seems like from this update, he's saying that the replacement components (because chip shortage and because he didn't order anything until now) AND newer revisions of available PCBs don't fit. The original design might have fit, but we don't get to have the original design because it wasn't ordered.

But anyway, I'm just quoting an update that I don't believe to be entirely truthful. If you have more info on the situation I'll trust what you say. It's not like I have a choice anymore. Money's gone.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 July 2021, 12:05:20 by jtangjt »

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #414 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 14:30:11 »
Imagine getting a 4 sentence update from the one person who could answer all questions.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #415 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 19:13:53 »

Only ~4 months until our 1st estimated shipping date anniversary 

I can’t seem to wrap my head around this explanation. Don’t switch pins usually extend past any components on a PCB? Is depth the problem or is it a footprint issue?

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #416 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 19:26:07 »

I can’t seem to wrap my head around this explanation. Don’t switch pins usually extend past any components on a PCB? Is depth the problem or is it a footprint issue?

Yeah doesn't makes sense. I have built OG Alices and clone Alices and don't see how this would be a problem. I only had to worry about port size for USB C or Mini and top/bottom mounted USB port on PCB.

+1 on the idea of shipping the board with no PCB. Then again they don't exist (no proof), I won't get my hopes up... :(

« Last Edit: Sun, 18 July 2021, 19:29:39 by nulltorious »

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #417 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 20:01:59 »
Im honestly surprised something can be 're-milled' after its already been CNC'd initially. How do you accurately do something like that when its no longer a block of raw material.

Offline RedBananaBread

« Reply #418 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 22:42:42 »

This is a great summary of all the excuses he's given us so far. Personally, I've always just given Jaxx the benefit of doubt. But 15 months on from the GB, with PCBs not done, I think we'd all like some answers.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #419 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 23:35:43 »
I wonder if I post my slot for sell if he will cancel my order. lol  ;D

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #420 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 08:51:02 »

I don't mean to argue with you but it seems like from this update, he's saying that the replacement components (because chip shortage and because he didn't order anything until now) AND newer revisions of available PCBs don't fit. The original design might have fit, but we don't get to have the original design because it wasn't ordered.

But anyway, I'm just quoting an update that I don't believe to be entirely truthful. If you have more info on the situation I'll trust what you say. It's not like I have a choice anymore. Money's gone.

I would not know about the third-party PCBs. What I do know from Jaxx himself is that the PCB I designed fits, and the specific issue is fitment of third-party PCBs. The components replaced are the same package as the old ones, so they have the same physical dimensions.

As for juaninamilli's question: how components fit inside a case is not as simple as it might look. There are some components that do extend past switch pins, for instance 3216 tantallum capacitors. You also have to account for the fact that the PCB wobbles up and down as you type so even if you give the components enough clearance, you might have them hit the bottom of the case if the clearance is too tight. Generally you would check clearances using 3D models, which I did supply to Jaxx (hence why my PCB works) but I would guess that, in the case of said third-party PCBs, he did not have access to those models.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #421 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 09:02:32 »
So all this (alleged) re-machining of (hopefully existing) cases isn't to fit the pcb they we sold with, but for other 3rd-party ones?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #422 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 09:05:13 »
So all this (alleged) re-machining of (hopefully existing) cases isn't to fit the pcb they we sold with, but for other 3rd-party ones?

That is the current information I have. So much so that no major refactoring of the original PCB was needed, only component replacements which did not need redesign.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 09:10:40 »

That is the current information I have. So much so that no major refactoring of the original PCB was needed, only component replacements which did not need redesign.

Given that, plus the fact no pcbs has been ordered and that he's not communicating with you.. it's far fetched to draw the conclusion there is/were no intention to use your design. That though assumes hes intentions are to fulfill the gb which also can be questioned at this stage.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #424 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 13:11:34 »

Given that, plus the fact no pcbs has been ordered and that he's not communicating with you.. it's far fetched to draw the conclusion there is/were no intention to use your design. That though assumes hes intentions are to fulfill the gb which also can be questioned at this stage.

We picked up communication since my little rant. Things seem to be moving. I'll give more updates as I have them, but nothing worth noting for now

Offline cuongcan2020

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 14:29:25 »

Nice summary.

Let's say the first patch with 150 boards would have arrived on time back in NOV 2020. What PCB did Jaxx plan to ship those with? Remember, we paid for Gondo's PCB, not 3rd parties PCB. And according to Gondo info, Jax has not even ordered any prototypes until late June 2021. How come he was so confident at that time to say that he would ship the first 150 boards in NOV-DEC 2020?

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 14:52:30 »

We picked up communication since my little rant. Things seem to be moving. I'll give more updates as I have them, but nothing worth noting for now

We were told that things were moving along a year ago, and that we could look forward to Rukia shipping before Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, and then it just kept shifting to the right. Gondo, do you trust jaxx to fulfill this GB? I've been patiently waiting for over a year, and it's incredibly frustrating to receive second or even third hand updates and not know what to make of them. The first hand updates I received were either:
  • full of promises that have fallen through (weekly updates?)
  • filled with things that didn't add up (150 vs 300 boards on the boat, which batch was on the boat? How many boards were damaged?)
  • later proven to be false(shipping out in December but PCBs never ordered)

I have so many more questions about what's going on that I never expect to get answered. I'm reluctant to even join any more GBs after what happened here.

Bottom line is, I don't trust jaxx, and I don't trust his mods. It's starting to seem like the only person I trust to give honest updates here is you, and that's not fair to either of us.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #427 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 17:51:07 »

We were told that things were moving along a year ago, and that we could look forward to Rukia shipping before Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, and then it just kept shifting to the right. Gondo, do you trust jaxx to fulfill this GB? I've been patiently waiting for over a year, and it's incredibly frustrating to receive second or even third hand updates and not know what to make of them. The first hand updates I received were either:
  • filled with things that didn't add up (150 vs 300 boards on the boat, which batch was on the boat? How many boards were damaged?)

I have so many more questions about what's going on that I never expect to get answered. I'm reluctant to even join any more GBs after what happened here.

Bottom line is, I don't trust jaxx, and I don't trust his mods. It's starting to seem like the only person I trust to give honest updates here is you, and that's not fair to either of us.

You know, I completely resonate with your sentiment here. I know that situations like these are deeply frustrating and it does make you think twice before entering a GB ever again. I take much pride in stating that I am a "unique" designer in that I am very active in the community; due to the high number of messages, questions, (and some harassment here and there), designers will generally disable their DMs and do their thing, which is admirable and I wanted to be like that... But I need the human element. I need... this. Talking. Instead of a designer that participates in the community, I like to think myself as a community member that designs. I know how a frustrated GB feels like, and I know that you guys could be either enjoying a nice Rukia right now or not participated and spend that money in an RTX GPU right now.

That being said, it still is weird to be in this side of the community. I can't make judgement calls, as it's deeply unprofessional. The extent of my action is what I was hired to do, and reporting on that. Is that "fair"? Fairness is generally not something I care about in my day to day life, as it is quite often that someone pays a price they should not in order to make or at least help get a collective objective forward. Today, that is me, and I will gladly be that person to update people. Niezsche spent an entire lifetime writing his books about how morals and ego are the bane of the existence. Is this fair to me? Maybe not, maybe it is, but if it gets this Group Buy going I will take it either way.

I do think Jaxx is committed to delivering his GB. Not only has he stated that multiple times, but last week when I demanded payment in this very thread he contacted me and I manifested I feel very uneasy about this because what good does it do me to put effort into a sinking boat for free? He then told me he would understand if I jumped out and proceeded to transfer me half of the commission money. So it seems his money is definitely where his mouth is.

The reasons that keep him from delivering the group buy and giving rather questionable updates are none of my business, and from his updates might involve personal and family issues, so I really don't want to engage in that discussion. For that matter, I will play devil's advocate here and say: it takes huge cojones to publicly say you failed. I am currently running a GB for my signature PCB, the Lasgweloth, and it has been an year and a half and I was not able to deliver it -- MCU shortage, DHL losing units, plates came scuffed, Murphy's Law took a huge dump on my GB -- and for the life of me, every time I have to give people bad news I feel a void inside. I spent 500+ USD more than people paid for them and I still don't have them delivered. It sucks to admit failure, it makes you feel like a pile of poopoo coming out of the behinds of the most pest-ridden street dog you can find, and yet I have to bring myself to tell them... I have failed. I did my best, it was not enough. I was not enough. Which is the reason I leave the updates to late night so that I can just fall asleep and don't think much about how I suck.

Is Jaxx ill-intended? I don't think so, no. In my opinion, he'd have poofed out completely a long time ago. Could he have done a better job? Probably but "could" and "would" are no good in situations like these.

« Last Edit: Mon, 19 July 2021, 18:03:04 by Gondolindrim »

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #428 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 16:39:34 »
 :D

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #429 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 17:48:00 »

Mods?

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #430 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 01:52:39 »

Mods?

Mods of the discord server. Sorry if this wasn't clear haha.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #431 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 06:28:59 »

Well… I’m waiting for my board just like you are, and I was modding early on w a few others. The way I recall… all mods were just GB members that were helping keep things civil. Kimchi was the only one giving updates, but even then… he was just sharing what he was being told.

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #432 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 09:26:21 »

Well… I’m waiting for my board just like you are, and I was modding early on w a few others. The way I recall… all mods were just GB members that were helping keep things civil. Kimchi was the only one giving updates, but even then… he was just sharing what he was being told.

The impression I got from the past few months is that there was definitely information to be shared that wasn't being shared. I felt like I was purposefully being kept in the dark for some reason, especially when the discord server got locked down after zero updates, and hearing rumors about separate channel or server for Rukia SE GB that was still getting news. This is after Jaxx promised weekly updates from him personally as well. Keeping up with this geekhack thread and hearing second hand updates from people who have DM'd him for information and gotten replies was just the icing on the cake. If the GB is moving along, and Jaxx has the time to answer DMs, or update the SE GB folks, or tell his mods some news, how come the same information (or even a diluted version of it) was not relayed to the regular GB customers? Even a single line update every week (as promised?) would have been appreciated. Instead, we watched projected shipping dates pass us by, or waited for updates that never came, or a mod told us: "no refunds," or the server was straight up just locked down.

That's not to say that there weren't any updates. It's just that weekly updates didn't happen, and when jaxx says "more info tomorrow" we didn't get it, and then whatever news he gave us didn't seem to add up.

Thanks for modding early on. Things were probably better back then, but starting around March this year I've slowly lost my faith in people involved in this project. Ever since I stopped lurking and started asking questions on geekhack, I've found Gondo to be the most transparent person here.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #433 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 14:15:05 »

The impression I got from the past few months is that there was definitely information to be shared that wasn't being shared. I felt like I was purposefully being kept in the dark for some reason, especially when the discord server got locked down after zero updates, and hearing rumors about separate channel or server for Rukia SE GB that was still getting news. This is after Jaxx promised weekly updates from him personally as well. Keeping up with this geekhack thread and hearing second hand updates from people who have DM'd him for information and gotten replies was just the icing on the cake. If the GB is moving along, and Jaxx has the time to answer DMs, or update the SE GB folks, or tell his mods some news, how come the same information (or even a diluted version of it) was not relayed to the regular GB customers? Even a single line update every week (as promised?) would have been appreciated. Instead, we watched projected shipping dates pass us by, or waited for updates that never came, or a mod told us: "no refunds," or the server was straight up just locked down.

That's not to say that there weren't any updates. It's just that weekly updates didn't happen, and when jaxx says "more info tomorrow" we didn't get it, and then whatever news he gave us didn't seem to add up.

Thanks for modding early on. Things were probably better back then, but starting around March this year I've slowly lost my faith in people involved in this project. Ever since I stopped lurking and started asking questions on geekhack, I've found Gondo to be the most transparent person here.
I can’t speak for the others, but there was no “extra” info given to me as a mod. I received my updates at the same time everyone else did. I might be wrong, but it seemed like kimchi got the answers he got (and shared) because he asked for them.  I don’t have a crystal ball, or any insider info... but I still have my build planned out. I still hope to get the board and hope that this is something we can all get passed. If it doesn’t happen… well that’s something I risked when joining a GB. I don’t expect everyone to feel the same way I do or to have the same amount of patience. We’re human and we feel/think differently. So… if I have lost your trust…. I’m sorry to hear that and I wish that weren’t the case… but I also don’t understand why. And that’s okay too.

Offline yhehdgjs

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 00:49:39 »
Is this some kind of sick joke or something?

Worst GB Ever

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #435 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 09:00:24 »
It is sad because this would look perfect on my shelf in between my Lumina and my Scarlet Bandana IV.

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #436 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 16:26:54 »
It is sad because this would look perfect on my shelf in between my Lumina and my Scarlet Bandana IV.

I have a scarlet bandana from the private run and a Lumina prototype sitting on my shelf at home :eyes:. I really do want one of the scuffed ones for... reasons.

Offline pool

« Reply #437 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 17:14:56 »
From seeing how Angry Miao handled the Cyberboard R2 delay.. to reading this..

:fans self:

Offline pool

« Reply #438 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 17:15:07 »
From seeing how Angry Miao handled the Cyberboard R2 delay.. to reading this..

:fans self:

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #439 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 22:51:49 »
no news today is see ill check back next time i think about buying a new keyboard.

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #440 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 02:21:22 »
Is this some kind of sick joke or something?

Worst GB Ever

i won't name names, but there are GBs that are taking over 3 years to finish delivery. a few GBs haven't delivered anything. i don't know or when this one will end, but it probably won't be the worst
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #441 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 11:00:23 »
^^

Jax - Hold my beer

Offline NOLA

« Reply #442 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 11:52:30 »
^^

Jax - Hold my beer

lol. I feel that the next update will prolly be from Gondo on how the PCB protos are and if they are good to go. Maaaaaaybe Jaxx will update then.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #443 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 06:49:57 »
Anything?

Offline dottt

« Reply #444 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 07:59:03 »
Anything?

I asked over a week ago to change my address, (again). No reply on that

Offline byakuya

« Reply #445 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 17:05:18 »
It's starting to look more and more like we need to go the same route as Ave, and pursue legal or government intervention. It's been awhile since we have received any actual update from Jaxx that wasn't a DM to a random person. He seems to have stopped responding to everyone at this point.

Offline Eastji

• draw 2 cards
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 19:29:34 »
i would like keyboard please

Offline bananathock

« Reply #447 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 01:26:48 »
I do feel the same sentiment as jt.. It is truly unfair for kimchi to announce the updates. Unfair for us. Unfair for kimchi.

The truly best way to come forward is to just be honest with what is happening with the project. No fuss, no drama, no mentioning of sarcastic comments about the ice cream machine. There are ways to delay the project, antagonizing those who patronized and lauded the project is not and should not be one of them.

At this point, I feel that the runner might have flipped us in front of our faces before running away with our money.

One of the things why I didn't hang out in the channel anymore is because a moderator is speaking for Jaxx. We do owe it to kimchi for giving us the updates but it isn't the right thing to do. Once or twice, sure.. but it seems all the updates have come from kimchi, which in its case lacks the credibility as he also mentions that he is also a participant of this GB.

Like everyone else, mods or participants or even Gondo, do deserve to get their updates from Jaxx.

Run a GB, update transparently. That's basic.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 July 2021, 01:28:48 by bananathock »

Offline jacobsmirror

« Reply #448 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 16:33:30 »
Smh... I don't have anything to add besides I'm sorry for adding my bad luck to this GB. I've been part of the Model F as well as the Mech27. In the future, please don't buy the things I buy. Seriously though, I hope this goes better than it has been.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #449 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 11:41:08 »
It will be fine in the Jaxx is just pulling Han he’ll be back down the line after we have all giving up hope