Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 913771 times)

Offline cutemelon

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 20:05:19 »
Surprised this hasn't been posted on Reddit yet.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 August 2021, 20:08:15 by cutemelon »

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #551 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 20:48:26 »
There's no point complaining.

Boards need to be more expensive so runners don't exhaust funds.

Offline dottt

« Reply #552 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 21:02:58 »
No amount of money would fix fundamental communication issues. If anything, posting to Reddit would be a PSA to try and avoid purchasing from “runners” and try to purchase boards through reputable companies / encourage board creators to partner with said companies.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #553 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 21:13:03 »

I disagree. If you are up for paying extra, get a board on the aftermarket which you are guaranteed to obtain.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #554 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 23:22:23 »

Given that all the facts point to some level of fraud, I don't think giving him more money is the answer.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #555 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 12:48:53 »

More money == more ice cream. Seems like a good deal to me
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #556 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 17:25:41 »

It was! Sort of. Someone made a funny AMV style video a few months ago with all the details, some video game thing. I’m no weeb so idk what it was and I can’t find it but it made its rounds on Reddit and keeb discord servers etc. Probably in one of the previous pages.

Just found my PayPal receipt emails from May 5, 2020. Fun fact: according to an inflation calculator on the Internet, my purchase of a rukia and aluminum top for $611 in 2020 is the equivalent of $644 today.

Anyone ever figure out the mystery folks that apparently had their orders shipped to them without PCBs or was that just a total fabrication? Why even lie about that though…

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #557 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 18:58:13 »

this take is dangerous and bad, and a part of why GBs end up like this in the first place
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline XUR

« Reply #558 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 18:33:57 »

Are you actually dumb? If it really is a case of the board runner exhausting funds because he waited until a year later to order PCBs and other nonsense, that's our fault?

And instead of complaining, I guess we'll all just shut up and let our money get stolen while the board runner ignores everyone and makes icecream for himself?

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #559 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 02:11:48 »
Hey jaxx, any updates? It's been over 2 months since you said "PCBs incoming" on discord. Surely it doesn't take that long to get proto PCBs ordered and delivered and tested. Do the fitment issues still persist?

Offline notquant

« Reply #560 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 15:02:43 »
I love checking in on this dumpster fire every once in a while.  :p

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #561 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 19:25:00 »

It was! Sort of. Someone made a funny AMV style video a few months ago with all the details, some video game thing. I’m no weeb so idk what it was and I can’t find it but it made its rounds on Reddit and keeb discord servers etc. Probably in one of the previous pages.

Just found my PayPal receipt emails from May 5, 2020. Fun fact: according to an inflation calculator on the Internet, my purchase of a rukia and aluminum top for $611 in 2020 is the equivalent of $644 today.

Anyone ever figure out the mystery folks that apparently had their orders shipped to them without PCBs or was that just a total fabrication? Why even lie about that though…

Here's a link to the reddit thread I think you're referring to.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/myn9e8/latest_rukia_r2_update/

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #562 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 11:08:14 »
Nobody stole money. You're an investor in ice cream.

Ode to Ice Cream.... a poetic lamentation of stalled Group Buys

Are you actually dumb? If it really is a case of the board runner exhausting funds because he waited until a year later to order PCBs and other nonsense, that's our fault?

And instead of complaining, I guess we'll all just shut up and let our money get stolen while the board runner ignores everyone and makes icecream for himself?

Offline NOLA

« Reply #563 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 20:01:56 »

I disagree. If you are up for paying extra, get a board on the aftermarket which you are guaranteed to obtain.

Gondo, you got anything to share with regards to the status of this ****ed up situation? Or is it status quo?

Offline thanatic

« Reply #564 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 21:46:25 »
Nobody stole money. You're an investor in ice cream.

Ode to Ice Cream.... a poetic lamentation of stalled Group Buys

Did I miss something where is this ice cream machine? Was it in the Jaxx update video?

Offline PeppyToad

« Reply #565 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 06:27:12 »
Call the roller of big keyboards,
The muscular one, and bid him mill
In machine shops concupiscent curves.
Let the wenches dawdle in alu tops
As they are used to wear, and let the boys
Bring alices from last month's group buys.
Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

Take from the dresser of deal,
Lacking the three encoder knobs, that sheet
On which she embroidered LEDs once
And spread it so as to cover her face.
If her case bottoms protrude, they come
To show how cold she is, and dumb.
Let the lamp affix its beam.

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #566 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 09:35:36 »
I have not joined this group buy, just to make sure this thread is up such that you poor guys are not forgotten

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #567 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 17:13:39 »
Well the keyboard was fun but i think im done rukia fail, CRP C64 fail, UkiyoKeys fail. The keyboard hobby is out dated. $700 lost in two years, I'm out Have fun guys.  :thumb:

Offline NDL00Z

• ID my_ids[2] = {PrimateRed#4718, u/RicemanRed}
« Reply #568 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 17:47:04 »

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #569 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 20:20:47 »
Maybe if we make it to the 5 year mark we can have a Rukia Participant reunion.

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #570 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 23:50:56 »
Beautiful.  I'm touched. Much better than that ketchup hack.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #571 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 10:02:51 »
Beautiful.  I'm touched. Much better than that ketchup hack.

how dare u
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kraize

« Reply #572 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 16:36:45 »
Y'all big dumb dumb. GBs are NEVER a guarantee of delivery. If you want a guarantee that you will receive a product, stick to in-stock buys. You're basically kickstarting a project because the vendor refuses to put their own money upfront or does not have the amount to. Y'all are literally throwing money without any proof. This is a peer "moderated" marketplace where vendors rely on established reputation from previous deliveries. STOP encouraging this **** and advocate for stores to do more in-stock products.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #573 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 16:55:46 »
Y'all big dumb dumb. GBs are NEVER a guarantee of delivery. If you want a guarantee that you will receive a product, stick to in-stock buys. You're basically kickstarting a project because the vendor refuses to put their own money upfront or does not have the amount to. Y'all are literally throwing money without any proof. This is a peer "moderated" marketplace where vendors rely on established reputation from previous deliveries. STOP encouraging this **** and advocate for stores to do more in-stock products.

thank you for the irrelevant info that everyone already knows

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #574 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 17:10:49 »
Last comment I promise.

I continue to believe Jaxx is a good person and wants to deliver.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #575 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 17:32:31 »

They solved the problem for the entire community! Woah, can't believe we've never thought of that before!!!

Less annoying response: It's more nuanced than just "only shop in-stock products". Plenty of threads around here discussing this. GBs aren't a great system, but we don't have many options that still retain agency/flexibility in the design process

Last comment I promise.

Yeah. If this wasn't intentionally fraud, a huge group of trolls and angry customers could trigger a butt ton of anxiety and fear. I honestly don't blame Jaxx for not chiming in on the thread.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 August 2021, 17:39:12 by _rubik »
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Aevyn

« Reply #576 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 17:50:17 »

They solved the problem for the entire community! Woah, can't believe we've never thought of that before!!!

Less annoying response: It's more nuanced than just "only shop in-stock products". Plenty of threads around here discussing this. GBs aren't a great system, but we don't have many options that still retain agency/flexibility in the design process

Last comment I promise.

Yeah. If this wasn't intentionally fraud, a huge group of trolls and angry customers could trigger a butt ton of anxiety and fear. I honestly don't blame Jaxx for not chiming in on the thread.
Ohh wow. Flexibility is so much more important than actually receiving the product I paid for. Hmm. Would I rather buy a keyboard where it's not the perfect color and cerakote it afterwards? Or would I rather be down $XXX. You say it's more nuanced but offered nothing to add. What customization options are you willing to risk this amount of money for when you can customize later for an additional cost? And don't tell me GBs are more convenient. If you're dumb enough to give someone an interest free loan with no guarantee of a return, then that's on you.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 August 2021, 17:52:22 by Aevyn »

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #577 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 19:37:10 »

Last comment I promise.

Ohh wow. Flexibility is so much more important than actually receiving the product I paid for. Hmm. Would I rather buy a keyboard where it's not the perfect color and cerakote it afterwards? Or would I rather be down $XXX. You say it's more nuanced but offered nothing to add. What customization options are you willing to risk this amount of money for when you can customize later for an additional cost? And don't tell me GBs are more convenient. If you're dumb enough to give someone an interest free loan with no guarantee of a return, then that's on you.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Obviously the situation isn't optimal. But personally I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... going onto a website targeted towards group buys, whose history is group buys, and whose future will probably be for what is foreseeable group buys and calling both group buys and those who are participating in them stupid probably ain't it fam.

Edit because my finger slipped and I posted too fast. I don't get what good these bad faith comments even do. Who is the target? The buyers? The community?
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 August 2021, 19:38:46 by cogitoergofemme »
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #578 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 19:55:16 »
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline cutemelon

« Reply #579 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 19:06:48 »
This is not cool

Offline yhehdgjs

« Reply #580 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 00:17:36 »
Think I have to just move on.

I mean, if Jaxx was such a devoted guy and really wants to deliver the GB, he should have been more transparent.

I don't believe his words that it's in the process of fixing things. It's not hard to write few lines to people who are waiting for their keyboards, it's not rocket science to tell us whats currently going on.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 September 2021, 06:29:56 by yhehdgjs »

Offline NOLA

« Reply #581 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 21:28:11 »
I PM this dude on Discord once or twice a week. He quit responding 07/08. Not a word.

Offline bananathock

« Reply #582 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 02:02:54 »
I PM this dude on Discord once or twice a week. He quit responding 07/08. Not a word.

and on your 69th message just say "nice" .

Offline XUR

« Reply #583 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 03:00:31 »
Does anyone know someone who knows this ****ing guy IRL to get some more answers? I thought he was fairly well known in the community before. Obviously going direct to him is no longer going to work. Gondo seems to have been the only proxy that stood up so far.

Offline XUR

« Reply #584 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 17:22:48 »
FYI since most people in this thread are just sulking and not taking any action, I can confirm that I WAS able to open a dispute on my card for this transaction. Even though it took place back in April 2020, it's merchandise that has not been received, so my bank (and most banks) should allow you to do so.

I'd advise you all to try to do the same.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #585 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 17:27:29 »
Except I paid with PayPal balance lol

Offline pleasega

« Reply #586 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 11:33:40 »
#scammed

Offline alspdx

« Reply #587 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 15:21:22 »
Cool, cool, 3 months since the last “non-“ update.

Offline dottt

« Reply #588 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 16:29:51 »
Cool, cool, 3 months since the last “non-“ update.

My credit card company approved the charge back but it could take 2 months to finalize, let’s see what happens first.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #589 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 13:28:30 »
I love checking in on this dumpster fire every once in a while.  :p

I do too.  I just wish that I wasn't a participant.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline cutemelon

« Reply #590 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 21:26:08 »
the other Alice layout board I joined in July already has sent the group manufacturing updates, photos and videos.

I actually have a decent shot at getting this in Q1 2022. As for my Rukia order. . . looking like a bust.

Offline Diamagisk

« Reply #591 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 12:38:37 »
Got my chargeback approved also. Glad to be rid of this cursed GB

Offline ObsidianRaid

« Reply #592 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 18:27:50 »

Same here

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #593 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 21:39:33 »
Damn imagine screwing up this bad with this many peoples funds and not even having the balls to ever give the truth. What a lame a** coward.

Offline cong314159

« Reply #594 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 09:05:58 »

What's a charge back? I want out as well. Could you point me to the right direction?

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #595 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 09:49:57 »
So each kit was $390, with shipping, extra plates, pcbs, tops and what not I think it's safe to assume people on average paid around $430 if not more.

In this post someone says there were around 500 orders in total.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105770.msg3046146#msg3046146

Did this dude just scam 500 people of $215 000 ( Two hundred twenty thousand dollars! ) and is getting away with by just ghosting and people not giving a ****!?

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #596 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 09:55:12 »
SE was 700 so u can add on to that number

Offline cong314159

« Reply #597 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 10:23:09 »
So each kit was $390, with shipping, extra plates, pcbs, tops and what not I think it's safe to assume people on average paid around $430 if not more.

In this post someone says there were around 500 orders in total.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105770.msg3046146#msg3046146

Did this dude just scam 500 people of $215 000 ( Two hundred twenty thousand dollars! ) and is getting away with by just ghosting and people not giving a ****!?

No one has the time to organize a lawsuit or actually do something about it. I say this, if anyone wants to do the hardwork, I will give 10% of the money I get back to that person. If we have 100 victims to join me on this, that's a few thousand dollars, maybe someone would want to do this. Any lawyer here?

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #598 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 12:38:59 »
FWIW... understand everyone's anger here. Small point to add in... when folks talk about legal action (which could be totally valid), I'd expect any legal representation for Jaxx to advise him to shut his mouth. All things he could say / do when threatened with legal action could be detrimental to him in court. Don't know if this is the case here... but could be part of the silence. Hopefully he's still working on this stuff =/

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #599 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 12:58:19 »
FWIW... understand everyone's anger here. Small point to add in... when folks talk about legal action (which could be totally valid), I'd expect any legal representation for Jaxx to advise him to shut his mouth. All things he could say / do when threatened with legal action could be detrimental to him in court. Don't know if this is the case here... but could be part of the silence. Hopefully he's still working on this stuff =/

So talking legal action is not a good alternative as it would scare him quiet? I mean how f-cking silent can a guy get?
This dude haven't been seen for months, you seriously think he's still working on the GB?

No one given the state this GB is in can be that stupid to work on it in silence. It's his silence (among other things) that taken us here.
There is a reason he ghosted and it's not good.