Author Topic: Here comes the NMB  (Read 1500 times)

Offline sandy55

Here comes the NMB
« on: Mon, 26 January 2009, 07:41:56 »

Coming in from UK
From over the pole
Flying in a big airliner
People typing everywhere around the plane
Could it ever feel much finer?
..... but won't work so far....

Nowadays airlines don't use polar route but anyway the NMB board arrived in a small island in the East China Sea yesterday.

It looks pretty cool, still in a original foams. All of my NMB boards are used, yellowed, some rusty spots on steel face plates. This one is new though it was born in 1986.
Sorry lam, A01 is so dusty. she didn't like bathing here. teach her bathing at your end.

It will be a long and winding road till I get it working with PC ( without rewiring like Wyse board ).  Detailed pictures are available here as you know ( and I didn't know until a week ago )  

Thanks, lam.

Offline itlnstln

Here comes the NMB
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 January 2009, 07:47:12 »
That's a pretty sweet 'board.  Was this used primarily in UNIX machines (just guessing from the swapped Caps Lock and Ctrl keys)?  I always wonder where these NIB, old-school 'boards come from.  I suppose they were in a warehouse somewhere, and somebody found them and sent them to people who might give them a good home.

Offline lam47

Here comes the NMB
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 January 2009, 09:13:25 »
There were 2 of them found in the back of an old warehouse here in the UK.
One is now In Germany and the other with Sandy in Japan.

It is amazing they have lasted so long and not rusted or anything.
This one looks as it did on the day it was made which is quite something considering the age.

Im glad you like it Sandy!
An no worries about the dust. I have already stripped her and given her a good clean :) dirty b1tch.
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3