Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Brutalist | GB live!  (Read 51829 times)

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | Updated spacebar kit + 'b'!
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 16:24:29 »
yep this is it. digging it a lot. hope you stick to this, GL!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 17:53:52 »
Thank you everyone for all the feedback! A lot of improvements have been added today!

Changelog:
08/04 - Updated all kits, render colors adjusted, Cyrillic kit added, NorDeUK kit added

Offline densus designs

• * St. Jude Supporter
Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | Added Cyrillic, NorDeUK, all kits updated!
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 22:06:00 »
Love it!

Offline CrlaoSvloadr

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 22:51:38 »
Wonderful tones all around! Use of the theme seems well executed :)
The novelties are my favourite part, though I can't help but feel as if the deskmat could have used a similar style to match the rest a bit more.

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 12:34:42 »
Love it!

yep this is it. digging it a lot. hope you stick to this, GL!

Wonderful tones all around! Use of the theme seems well executed :)
The novelties are my favourite part, though I can't help but feel as if the deskmat could have used a similar style to match the rest a bit more.

Thank you! We are actively working on improvements, collaborations, and the next desk mat, We hope you will like it!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:27:09 »
No options for 1.5 novelties? :-/

They are coming very soon!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 05:31:30 »
GB date announced!!!! Also:

15/04 - GB date announced, vendor list, 1.5 novelties added

Offline saltimate

Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB date June, vendor list, 1.5 novelties added!!
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 07:18:36 »
mono cyrillic or riot

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 07:39:19 »
GB date announced!!!! Also:

15/04 - GB date announced, vendor list, 1.5 novelties added
You'll have a lot of competitions in June.

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 14:40:32 »
mono cyrillic or riot

Added to the IC form!

Offline saltimate

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 20:15:18 »

just me? or when will the form be available?

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 06:59:52 »
Show Image

just me? or when will the form be available?

Sorry for that, links updated!

Offline ClerklyTexas

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 09:13:02 »
I'm a fan of both the colorway and especially the novelties. Though it might seem like an incongruent suggestion, I'd like to see renders with more board colors. I think this set would look great on beige, for starters (see the KBDfans D60 Lite, currently in GB, for example), which wouldn't be much of a departure from brutalist gray. But it would look great in almost any color, and owners of boards of various colors is a bigger market. Another color that would be appropriate is blue—architecture, including brutalist architecture, commonly appears surrounded by sky.

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 12:39:25 »
This post has been interesting to see people get opinionated about historically and theoretically accurate Brutalist aesthetics, while every other week a new GMK set about the most surface-level, reductive, and essentialist understanding of East Asian culture gets funneled along with little fuss.

Offline DerBonk

• I'm just this guy, you know.
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 13:41:23 »
This post has been interesting to see people get opinionated about historically and theoretically accurate Brutalist aesthetics, while every other week a new GMK set about the most surface-level, reductive, and essentialist understanding of East Asian culture gets funneled along with little fuss.

The difference for me is that I know a bit about Brutalist architecture and very little about Asian culture, so I don't feel confident criticizing those sets. But you are right that this is a bad look and I will try to stay less quiet when I have a bad feeling about one of those sets.

That said, I see that some of the criticism of this set was taken to heart and that's great. The colors look good for me, but the design does not represent what I find fascinating about Brutalism. Good luck with the IC!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 04:49:55 »
I'm a fan of both the colorway and especially the novelties. Though it might seem like an incongruent suggestion, I'd like to see renders with more board colors. I think this set would look great on beige, for starters (see the KBDfans D60 Lite, currently in GB, for example), which wouldn't be much of a departure from brutalist gray. But it would look great in almost any color, and owners of boards of various colors is a bigger market. Another color that would be appropriate is blue—architecture, including brutalist architecture, commonly appears surrounded by sky.

Thank you! Colorful renders are coming soon, I'll make sure to make beige and blue ones as well!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 04:51:36 »

The difference for me is that I know a bit about Brutalist architecture and very little about Asian culture, so I don't feel confident criticizing those sets. But you are right that this is a bad look and I will try to stay less quiet when I have a bad feeling about one of those sets.

That said, I see that some of the criticism of this set was taken to heart and that's great. The colors look good for me, but the design does not represent what I find fascinating about Brutalism. Good luck with the IC!

Thank you! We are trying to improve the set as much as we can, I hope you will like the final version (and the new desk mat)!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 06:37:30 »
Thank you everyone for the feedback both here, on discord and on the IC form! We've made some significant changes now and comments are very much welcome!

Changelog:
20/04 - New base kit, alt kits

Offline hello21

Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | JUNE GB, cyrillic base kit, new alt alphas!!
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 07:09:44 »
I feel that Latin+Cyrillic alphas for the base kit go against the whole theme of minimalistic, concrete architecture. Either only Latin or only Cyrillic, a less crowded alpha would better fit the theme and novelties.

Offline saltimate

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 08:59:57 »
I feel that Latin+Cyrillic alphas for the base kit go against the whole theme of minimalistic, concrete architecture. Either only Latin or only Cyrillic, a less crowded alpha would better fit the theme and novelties.

on the one hand yes, cuck the normies and death to sublegends in general
but on the other hand meh, so long as when the axe falls it doesn't land on mono legends im happy

ideally alphas should be separated from mods and people can pick, but im guessing there is some bs gmk logistics reason why this dosent happen
i move to change manu to someone who has no issue with not doing a "base kit".
assuming thats not on the table:
normies like 60%+ and cant touch type so always want latin on their alphas, so it would make sense if cutting sublegends to put latin in the base and cyrillic as alt
also i dont want to have to buy the base to get cyrillic alphas to use with a 40s kit, i know selfish but so is gmk kitting imo... again consider not gmk for manu.

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 11:40:21 »

on the one hand yes, cuck the normies and death to sublegends in general
but on the other hand meh, so long as when the axe falls it doesn't land on mono legends im happy

ideally alphas should be separated from mods and people can pick, but im guessing there is some bs gmk logistics reason why this dosent happen
i move to change manu to someone who has no issue with not doing a "base kit".
assuming thats not on the table:
normies like 60%+ and cant touch type so always want latin on their alphas, so it would make sense if cutting sublegends to put latin in the base and cyrillic as alt
also i dont want to have to buy the base to get cyrillic alphas to use with a 40s kit, i know selfish but so is gmk kitting imo... again consider not gmk for manu.

Thank you! We will consider all of these options!

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 12:26:19 »
Cool kit. Can you consider an SEA vendor like ILumkb or Monokei? Thanks.

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 12:45:43 »
Cool kit. Can you consider an SEA vendor like ILumkb or Monokei? Thanks.

We've contacted Monokei two weeks ago, but no response from them, unfortunately! We will make sure to look into ILumkb!

Offline kight

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 20:17:08 »
Are you sure you can vend the set? Last time I checked GMK was not accepting new vendors.

Offline Nuap

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 23:23:54 »
Are you sure you can vend the set? Last time I checked GMK was not accepting new vendors.

The hold on new vendors was until "Mid-2021".

Seems like Captus may be able to get in as a vendor there and for this to be the first set run through them.

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 11:23:01 »

The hold on new vendors was until "Mid-2021".

Seems like Captus may be able to get in as a vendor there and for this to be the first set run through them.

Our lead vendor is CandyKeys and they told us there would be no problem!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 07:37:36 »
Thank you for all the feedback! We have updated the post!

Changelog:
23/04 - Old base kit, new desk mat

Offline hello21

Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | JUNE GB, Old base kit, new desk mat!!
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 08:09:23 »
Really appreciate the decision to revert to old base kit, will most definitely buy base+both novelties+spacebars!

Offline saltimate

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 18:31:28 »
wait what the hell, where did mono cyrillic go? who the hell is going to buy sublegends?

also am i the only one who wants ortho/40s support?
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 April 2021, 18:36:17 by saltimate »

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 06:19:50 »
We have updated the post with the final GB date, June 15–July 14!

Changelog:
26/04 - Final GB date added

Offline see

Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB June 15, Old base kit, new desk mat!!
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 13:50:35 »
Are the Cyrillic alphas going to be pad-printed? I'd much rather you do mono cyrillic/no cyrillic than pad printed.

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB June 15, Old base kit, new desk mat!!
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 12:41:43 »
Thank you for all the feedback!

Changelog:
23/5 - Captus Keycaps artisanal posted

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB June 15, Captus Artisanal sneak peek!!
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 12:55:57 »
The novelties are awesome!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB June 15, Captus Artisanal sneak peek!!
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 13:08:00 »

Offline SDKCAMPING

Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB June 15, Captus Artisanal sneak peek!
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 16:25:43 »
this will go well with the rainy day brutalist RAMA
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline asura

• not a duck
Brutal? I think not!
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 16:50:15 »
First off, I’m going to apologise.  Done.

names like Mies Van der Rohe, Walter Gropius and Le Corbusier.

All Bauhaus architects not one true Brutalist amongst them.  And not much work between them that would fall into that architectural mode, more homework needed.  Allow me to recommend Modern Architecture Since 1900 by William Curtis as a good starter.

Kahn, the-team-that-worked-on-the-Barbican*, Ando, even Asplund would have been a better headline if your aim was to produce a Brutalist line-up.  And Asplund could hardly considered to be brutal at all!

And yes, I love Chapel de Ronchamp as much as the next architectural graduate, it has a grace, solemnity, majesty, weight, permanence, lightness, humour, which you just have to go there to experience.  A truly profound architectural experience that is beyond description – you’ve either been there, or you haven’t.  However, even if I were to allow you Corbie as a Brutalist (which I am not) then it is about the furthest of his works from Brutalism that you could get:  Those curved, swooping roof plains, the randomly sized and located window punctuations, the periscopic clestory windows.  And don’t get me wrong, I’d have argued just as heavily (though differently) if you’d picked Unity for your mouse mat, it’s multi story and it’s concrete, but it’s still a long throw from being Brutalist. The Chapel de Ronchamp mouse mat could (should!) be white and beautiful and alive with colours, so many of the windows are bright sheets of glass (my personal favourite and probably everyone else’s is "la mer")  it’s a thing of beauty, but it is not Brutalist.

And to the guy who said arches aren’t brutalist, Khan says otherwise – Exeter library springs immediately to mind and plenty of others besides that I’d have to look up.  There is no single thing that makes or breaks Brutalism

Like most architectural modes, it’s easy to point at a Brutalist building and say simply and clearly "that building is Brutalist" (or say hi-tech to hi-tech, post-modern to post-modern, tudor to tudor, etcetera ad nauseum, reductio absurdum, ad infinitum, si hoc non est uti sic erit rubiginosa**) but sorting an “ingredient list” of brutalism is difficult.  You’ve obviously jumped straight to concrete as the material choice de rigueur, but what about the brick of Khan, and Alto?  Can timber be Brutal, despite its intrinsic warmth and softness (?) generally no, but its imprint is found on shuttering throughout the world forever moulded into concrete façades, the ghost of timber past as it were.  And what about the antonyms, non-Brutal concrete architecture, there’s plenty out there.  An unflinching adherence to a simple structural grid is another common “got’ya” used to point out Brutalist architecture, but this is also (and especially) true of industrial revolution factories, mass housing anywhere and more besides.  What I’m trying to say here (likely quite ineffectually and slightly verbosely [though I could go on at length {and no, I haven't yet}]) is that there is a feel to Brutalism, a sense that something either is, or is not Brutalist.

Your palate is semi-Brutalist.
Your mouse-mats are not Brutalist.
The design of your novelty keycaps is not Brutalist.
Your collaboration aluminium keycaps are not Brutalist.***

Brutal score : 2/10 must try harder!
You've got some concrete tones and the word Brutalist, but that's all.  Wanting a thing to have some intrinsic quality does not bestow that quality upon it you have to work at it, so go pick some daisy's ****

*I’m not as keyed up on my architectural history as I once was and refuse to google it…  Though the Barbican sink is a masterpiece, I recommend you google that… crying shame Twyford don’t make it any more, would specify in so many projects

**I did have to look up that last one

***I'd hate to have to design one that were, as mass / massiveness is something else that goes hand in glove with Brutalism.  Though having said that, I know there are "concrete" products for the production of jewellery, perhaps experimenting with one of those might bear fruit?

****I did apologise

Offline Owl

Re: Brutal? I think not!
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 18:07:14 »

All Bauhaus architects not one true Brutalist amongst them.  And not much work between them that would fall into that architectural mode, more homework needed.  Allow me to recommend Modern Architecture Since 1900 by William Curtis as a good starter.

Kahn, the-team-that-worked-on-the-Barbican*, Ando, even Asplund would have been a better headline if your aim was to produce a Brutalist line-up.  And Asplund could hardly considered to be brutal at all!

And yes, I love Chapel de Ronchamp as much as the next architectural graduate, it has a grace, solemnity, majesty, weight, permanence, lightness, humour, which you just have to go there to experience.  A truly profound architectural experience that is beyond description – you’ve either been there, or you haven’t.  However, even if I were to allow you Corbie as a Brutalist (which I am not) then it is about the furthest of his works from Brutalism that you could get:  Those curved, swooping roof plains, the randomly sized and located window punctuations, the periscopic clestory windows.  And don’t get me wrong, I’d have argued just as heavily (though differently) if you’d picked Unity for your mouse mat, it’s multi story and it’s concrete, but it’s still a long throw from being Brutalist. The Chapel de Ronchamp mouse mat could (should!) be white and beautiful and alive with colours, so many of the windows are bright sheets of glass (my personal favourite and probably everyone else’s is "la mer")  it’s a thing of beauty, but it is not Brutalist.

And to the guy who said arches aren’t brutalist, Khan says otherwise – Exeter library springs immediately to mind and plenty of others besides that I’d have to look up.  There is no single thing that makes or breaks Brutalism

Like most architectural modes, it’s easy to point at a Brutalist building and say simply and clearly "that building is Brutalist" (or say hi-tech to hi-tech, post-modern to post-modern, tudor to tudor, etcetera ad nauseum, reductio absurdum, ad infinitum, si hoc non est uti sic erit rubiginosa**) but sorting an “ingredient list” of brutalism is difficult.  You’ve obviously jumped straight to concrete as the material choice de rigueur, but what about the brick of Khan, and Alto?  Can timber be Brutal, despite its intrinsic warmth and softness (?) generally no, but its imprint is found on shuttering throughout the world forever moulded into concrete façades, the ghost of timber past as it were.  And what about the antonyms, non-Brutal concrete architecture, there’s plenty out there.  An unflinching adherence to a simple structural grid is another common “got’ya” used to point out Brutalist architecture, but this is also (and especially) true of industrial revolution factories, mass housing anywhere and more besides.  What I’m trying to say here (likely quite ineffectually and slightly verbosely [though I could go on at length {and no, I haven't yet}]) is that there is a feel to Brutalism, a sense that something either is, or is not Brutalist.

You've got some concrete tones and the word Brutalist, but that's all.  Wanting a thing to have some intrinsic quality does not bestow that quality upon it you have to work at it, so go pick some daisy's ****

*I’m not as keyed up on my architectural history as I once was and refuse to google it…  Though the Barbican sink is a masterpiece, I recommend you google that… crying shame Twyford don’t make it any more, would specify in so many projects

***I'd hate to have to design one that were, as mass / massiveness is something else that goes hand in glove with Brutalism.  Though having said that, I know there are "concrete" products for the production of jewellery, perhaps experimenting with one of those might bear fruit?

****I did apologise

Holy mother of Reddit post.

Thing is, I do kind of agree emotionally with what was said in this... this post lol. This set does lack the characteristics and "feel" of Brutalism that I have grown to adore and find iconic about the practice. And since it is the namesake of the aesthetic, I do wish it had more of the oppressive scale and confident use of angles and surfaces. Feels more like Escher rather than the clinically utilitarian behemoths that, people like our Redditor up here, really get off too, including myself lol.

However I don't agree that this set HAS to conform to those standards. Brutalism, like any other "genre" in an art medium, is open to being served by the palette of the artist, of which, can be constructed by cherry-picked elements and interpretations. Everyone tries to fit aesthetics and genres into a neat little box. And perhaps Brutalism is easier than most to attempt that with due to it's brief historical relevance and lack of widespread exposure to cultures around the world. But it's no different than saying that "X isn't real music because it doesn't have X in it". Which is an argument that falls flat on its face against the tests of time and innovation from passionate artists.

I will say though that I appreciate you bringing this set to market because it raises exposure and awareness of one of my all-time favorite aesthetics and forms of expression, which is of course the namesake of your set. And the rest of what is going on with the set is well done as well. renders, kitting, all that jazz. So good luck!

Offline adsfqwer

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 11:04:58 »

****I did apologise

This IC is mostly about keycaps dude. He's not building a house.

Offline Cujo26

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 23:42:52 »
My late granddad was an architect who greatly admired Corbusier and weighty concrete buildings. Interested just for this tbh
Please help I am trapped in your computing device

[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112457.0]

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 03:34:43 »
How the hell does Cannonkeys sleep on this set???? They go hard on these aesthetics!!!!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB Postponed, Artisanal Proto pictures added!
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 03:34:22 »
GB launch is postponed until further notice!
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 July 2021, 08:15:36 by CaptusKeys »

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 06:08:16 »
How the hell does Cannonkeys sleep on this set???? They go hard on these aesthetics!!!!

Haha, thank you! We distribute our own stuff in the US, so we didn't need to apply for vendors in the region!  :cool:

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB Postponed, Artisanal Proto pictures added!
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 13:02:17 »
Thank you for all the feedback! We are launching soon.

Changelog
25/06 - New Novelties!

Offline diggergig

Re: [IC] GMK Brutalist | GB Postponed, GMK novelties fixed!
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 10:19:12 »
Much like GMK Terror, despite being a fan of the subject, it doesn't lend itself to the most appealing colourway. I would still be down for this if it featured something specific, but it's too abstract for me.

Offline swifthunting

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 06:35:45 »
I personally quite like the way this set looks, the novelties and deskmats are really quite nice imo. They'd look great paired with a Savage65  ;)

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 15:31:09 »
Hey Guys!

Big update. Yes, the set is definitely still alive and well! We have decided to switch manufacturers from GMK to ePBT and also add KBDfans as an international vendor along with it. Because of this, we have also made considerable changes to the color palette, re-rendered everything and face-lifted the IC. Otherwise, the set remained the same. Our new GB date is December. Let us know if you have any sort of feedback on the current direction!

FAQ: The main reason for switching to ePBT sublimation manu is mostly our novelty designs inherently lacking compatibility with the latest GMK standards. We have tried to reform them to comply with their guidelines multiple times during the course of several months but we have decided that further distorting our novelty concepts will do no good for our vision of the set, or its aesthetics. Hope most of you will consider this a positive development!

Changelog
19/09 - Manufacturer change, color change, face-lift, new GB date

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Hey there, those are some really cool deskmats and artisans.

I have some kitting feedback for your consideration:

Base Kit
Show Image

• Your base kit is missing a R1 PgDn key. This pairs with R1 Delete and End to provide 1800/CP and 96-key compatibility.
  • The second Tab key should be in the alt alphas kit, not in base.
  • People are usually not fond of using generic keys for the right column. Personally, I quite like this approach, but the general sentiment in the community is usually negative (see the ****show discussion that took place in the GMK Red Alert R2 thread).
    With EPBT, you have the luxury of being able to offer a large base kit at a reasonable price, so I recommend replacing the generic keys with R2 PgUp, R3 PgDn, R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, R4 End, as well as an additional multi-purpose R4 1u Code key (like in EPBT 6085, Be The One and Grand Tour).

Extra Spacebars
Show Image

• You can remove both 1.75c bars, as well as the second 2c bar from this kit. These keys are not worth including in a spacebars kit — they are only used on 40% layouts, which your set doesn't have support for (and even then, they're pretty rare).

Cyrillic Alphas Kit
Show Image

• You should use full pipe (\|) instead of broken pipe () legends in this kit, like you did in base. It's been decades since any widespread computer system has had pipe keys that output broken pipes.
  • The Cyrillic font you chose is not a good match for the Latin font. Also, some of the legends are misaligned and their thickness is mismatched, but I suppose you'll be fixing this before the GB rolls around.

NorDeUk International Kit
Show Image

• You can remove the R4 1u <> key as it's already included in base.
  • Like above, the R4 1u key should be changed to \|.
  • The R4 1u ;: key has an incorrect legend; it should be ,;.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 September 2021, 21:51:35 by konstantin »

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 17:41:59 »
Hey Guys!

Big update. Yes, the set is definitely still alive and well! We have decided to switch manufacturers from GMK to ePBT and also add KBDfans as an international vendor along with it. Because of this, we have also made considerable changes to the color palette, re-rendered everything and face-lifted the IC. Otherwise, the set remained the same. Our new GB date is December. Let us know if you have any sort of feedback on the current direction!

FAQ: The main reason for switching to ePBT sublimation manu is mostly our novelty designs inherently lacking compatibility with the latest GMK standards. We have tried to reform them to comply with their guidelines multiple times during the course of several months but we have decided that further distorting our novelty concepts will do no good for our vision of the set, or its aesthetics. Hope most of you will consider this a positive development!

Changelog
19/09 - Manufacturer change, color change, face-lift, new GB date

Thanks for the update! Exciting to see that this is still making progress. Can't wait to have epbt Brutalist on my Brutal60 :D

(I'd also recommend updating the thread title)
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline saltimate

epbt WOOOOO
[misread, thought kbdfans was going to be the only int vendor]

mono cyrillic when?
40s when?
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 September 2021, 23:48:39 by saltimate »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
NorDeUk International Kit
Show Image

• You can remove the R4 1u <> key as it's already included in base.
  • Like above, the R4 1u key should be changed to \|.

Just noticed this — the R4 1u ;: key in the NorDeUk kit has an incorrect legend; it should be ,;.