Author Topic: Retro DSA Packing Party / Silicon Valley GH Meet-up  (Read 32718 times)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Retro DSA Packing Party / Silicon Valley GH Meet-up
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 15:34:05 »
Fixed my images.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 17:11:38 »
I would have loved to hang out all day and finish the packing but alas I had other constraints.  Meeting Input Nirvana was a special treat as he was the first person I ever interacted with on the forum.  I posted in a Kinesis thread and he thanked me for the review.  He's as chill and good-natured in person as he is online. :)

Awwww....THANKS Hashbaz!

I'm a real sweetheart.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 17:43:21 »
I would have loved to hang out all day and finish the packing but alas I had other constraints.  Meeting Input Nirvana was a special treat as he was the first person I ever interacted with on the forum.  I posted in a Kinesis thread and he thanked me for the review.  He's as chill and good-natured in person as he is online. :)

Awwww....THANKS Hashbaz!
(Attachment Link)
I'm a real sweetheart.

True story! Glad to finally have met you!

Next time we do one of these I'll bring my old early gen kinesis and we can talk mods.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 18:05:29 »
MOD-O-RAMA!

I'm all for it!

One exciting thing is that there have been some very cool developments since I started modding Kinesis 4 years ago, with 3-D printing, alternate controllers, and a few other fundamental items. More is possible and much easier with better results than waaaay back in '09 :)
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 19:44:10 »
Can you guys confirm which boxes for europe are packed and ready to be sent? Who's boxes are not affected with size issue? Would that be all european orders or just some? Is this gonna cause longer delays or would it be matter of one day to find solution? Just asking cause I understand you guys have jobs and your own lives and you may not spend most of your time on this during a week.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 20:00:37 »
Can you guys confirm which boxes for Europe are packed and ready to be sent? Who's boxes are not affected with size issue? Would that be all european orders or just some? Is this gonna cause longer delays or would it be matter of one day to find solution? Just asking cause I understand you guys have jobs and your own lives and you may not spend most of your time on this during a week.

Today we rest.  Tomorrow I will try to do a more specific inventory of the situation and let everyone know their state.  I want to get all of this plastic out of my office within a week, so if your order fit its intended box, or you tell me to upsize you, then your order is likely to be on its way next week.

I can tell you that 80% of the US orders went out on Saturday or will go out on Monday, simply because I did not have to generate Customs paperwork.  Also, 80% of the non-US orders fit in their assigned boxes, so I am going to try and get at least some of them out the door on Monday as well.

In all cases, you will get an e-mail when I generate the mailing label/paperwork.  However, those e-mails will likely go to your PayPal e-mail address, so keep an eye on that.

If by Thursday 17:00 PDT you have not gotten either a notification of a problem OR a shipment notification, please send me a note.  But please wait until then so I will have some time to sort things out.

TL;DR: Most US orders out by Monday. All members should get a ship notice or problem notification in their PayPal e-mail by Thursday 17:00 PDT.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 May 2013, 22:33:53 by litster »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:00:23 »
Thank you so much for sorting everything out.

I know it's not easy when hundreds of orders need to be collected, sorted and then shipped.

Appreciate the fact that you guys would actually send the overseas orders out (not many would ever do that) hence for all of us stuck elsewhere on this planet, we indeed thank you for all your patience and diligence in doing this for us.

Again this shows exactly what Geekhack is all about, decent people doing the very best for everyone out there  8) .

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:07:58 »
Ignore the man behind the curtain

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:32:35 »
Can you guys confirm which boxes for europe are packed and ready to be sent? Who's boxes are not affected with size issue? Would that be all european orders or just some? Is this gonna cause longer delays or would it be matter of one day to find solution? Just asking cause I understand you guys have jobs and your own lives and you may not spend most of your time on this during a week.

Of course you realise that your order is not being sent by them to Europe - it's being sent to a US proxy who is then sending it on to me (& I'll then be sending it on to you!)
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 05:09:48 »
eta2: krog's banners KICK ASS IN AND STOMP ON THAT ASS. the colors are vivid and detail is fantastic in person. if you're putting together a medium to large meetup in the next month or so ping samwisekoi so he can forward on a banner or two to you.

Thanks mkawa! I think it would be pretty cool if we forwarded the banner(s) around to different meetups. It's like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but for keyboards and bros!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline phinix

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 05:56:36 »
Can you guys confirm which boxes for Europe are packed and ready to be sent? Who's boxes are not affected with size issue? Would that be all european orders or just some? Is this gonna cause longer delays or would it be matter of one day to find solution? Just asking cause I understand you guys have jobs and your own lives and you may not spend most of your time on this during a week.

Today we rest.  Tomorrow I will try to do a more specific inventory of the situation and let everyone know their state.  I want to get all of this plastic out of my office within a week, so if your order fit its intended box, or you tell me to upsize you, then your order is likely to be on its way next week.

I can tell you that 80% of the US orders went out on Saturday or will go out on Monday, simply because I did not have to generate Customs paperwork.  Also, 80% of the non-US orders fit in their assigned boxes, so I am going to try and get at least some of them out the door on Monday as well.

In all cases, you will get an e-mail when I generate the mailing label/paperwork.  However, those e-mails will likely go to your PayPal e-mail address, so keep an eye on that.

If by Thursday 17:00 PDT you have not gotten either a notification of a problem OR a shipment notification, please send me a note.  But please wait until then so I will have some time to sort things out.

TL;DR: Most US orders out by Monday. All members should get a ship notice or problem notification in their PayPal e-mail by Thursday 17:00 PDT.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Cool, thanks for info.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 05:58:38 »

Of course you realise that your order is not being sent by them to Europe - it's being sent to a US proxy who is then sending it on to me (& I'll then be sending it on to you!)

Hi George! Yes, I know that, that is why I didn't ask about mine cause I know it's going to proxy. I asked about all European orders to know what will happen to them and how many might be affected - and samwisekoi answered all that, so it's cool:)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 13:19:45 »
Pool table full of keyboards.  Lots of diversity and excitement.

The 660C is dreamy.  Everyone liked Greens.  The mystical "perfect keyboard" was indeed perfect.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 13:25:15 »
Where do you get Blue mods for a model M? Does Unicomp sell those?

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 13:25:50 »

The 660C is dreamy.  Everyone liked Greens.  The mystical "perfect keyboard" was indeed perfect.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG THAT Sig!!! so crazzy  :)) ohm i m so poor gota only 4 of those  :cool:
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 13:29:34 »
That's JesusWasAZombie!!!....
(Attachment Link)

And the label "Jwaz" I think is a mistake for JesusWasAZombie in the first pic....isn't that Cgbuen? I just met him today....
Who labeled the pics?

Is that n RUBERDOME OMG lol were are Mechas Guys  :p
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Re: Re: Retro DSA Packing Party / Silicon Valley GH Meet-up
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 14:05:24 »
Thanks mkawa! I think it would be pretty cool if we forwarded the banner(s) around to different meetups. It's like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but for keyboards and bros!

Agree!  The banners were awesome, thanks Krog.  We should send them around to meetups and sign the back of one of them with date, username, and real name.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 14:07:34 »

From a University of Kentucky Wildcats Model M from Unicomp. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Retro DSA Packing Party / Silicon Valley GH Meet-up
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 14:07:39 »
kentucky wildcats board

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
Re: Re: Retro DSA Packing Party / Silicon Valley GH Meet-up
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 14:17:25 »

Agree!  The banners were awesome, thanks Krog.  We should send them around to meetups and sign the back of one of them with date, username, and real name.

You guys are very welcome for the banners. I was able to make a third one (the orange style). If someone's going to have a nice-sized meetup I can send it out, or we could make it into an auction item, or some other kind of reward -- whatever you guys think. I like the idea of signing the banner and letting it travel, collecting signatures.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:42:12 »

You know, there is a thread called Simple Questions, Simple Answers for questions like this, right? ;D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:46:26 »

You know, there is a thread called Simple Questions, Simple Answers for questions like this, right? ;D

Really? That sounds really cool. I'll have to check it out :P

You guys are very welcome for the banners. I was able to make a third one (the orange style). If someone's going to have a nice-sized meetup I can send it out, or we could make it into an auction item, or some other kind of reward -- whatever you guys think. I like the idea of signing the banner and letting it travel, collecting signatures.

I really love the signatures idea. There's two meets that are in the very early stages of planning: Pittsburgh and Indianapolis. I should be attending both if they happen and I'd love to bring the banner to both. I'll be talking to you and mkawa/samwisekoi later :D

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:43:19 »

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Hooray! But no pool table photobomb pic?

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 19:10:35 »
Holy fast shipping! I got mine today!
Looking for CC's!

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 19:42:01 »
Keep hold of packing slips so we know who to slap if it's wrong.

[)amien

Offline bearcat

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 19:46:50 »
Did y'all get tracking numbers?  Am I in for a surprise, or do i assume mine wasn't one of the lucky ones that made it out on Saturday?

I'm all a-twitter! 

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 23:21:15 »
Keep hold of packing slips so we know who to slap if it's wrong.

[)amien

I think DamienG was writing "IN" on the packing slips...so I'm nervous :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 23:58:44 by Input Nirvana »

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 23:27:23 »
Ha!  I did write a Commodore logo on somebody's packing list... as they were Retro-064.

[)amien

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 00:00:05 »
Some other items of interest...Samwisekois' toys....
21324-0
21326-1

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 00:32:28 »

that would be awesome

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 08:20:00 »
Some other items of interest...Samwisekois' toys....
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

How can one not be overly jelly of an office with both pinball and gocarts...so much win!  :o ;D

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 04:17:15 »

The banner is awesome looking!  If you ever want to make another to sell, let me know.  I'd love to have one like the orange one available.  ;)

BTW, great evening with Ming last night.  Thanks Ming for introducing me to some good Thai food!

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 06:57:07 »

The banner is awesome looking!  If you ever want to make another to sell, let me know.  I'd love to have one like the orange one available.  ;)

Thanks for the compliment iMav! They're actually kind of pricey. If enough people wanted these as a groupbuy, I could probably do 24 of them at about $150 each. If I made them a little smaller, taking them down from maybe 30"x72" to something like 24"x72" then I could drop the price a bit more. I would make a $10 donation to GH for each one ordered. But again, that's for a quantity of 24. I don't know if that many people would want one.
More

Offline iMav

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 08:10:59 »
Start up an interest check thread.  I'd definitely pay up to a couple hundred for one. 

Great work!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 08:27:18 »
I'd buy one at $150.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 08:58:42 »
Just so you know, these banners are full-on cloth.  Soft to the touch, and what looks like full-color printing.

They are definitely higher quality than the pro-grade banners you can see hanging next to one of them in my office.

I don't know how they would do outside, but for indoor use, they are awesome.  Krog' should also provide prices (or a link) so we can see about buying them in smaller quantities for business signage.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:10:08 »
Just so you know, these banners are full-on cloth.  Soft to the touch, and what looks like full-color printing.

They are definitely higher quality than the pro-grade banners you can see hanging next to one of them in my office.

I don't know how they would do outside, but for indoor use, they are awesome.  Krog' should also provide prices (or a link) so we can see about buying them in smaller quantities for business signage.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

These banners are dye-sublimated -- the same sort of process you see on some keycaps, except with fabric. Sam, the banners I sent the mkawa also came with some clear plastic clips. These clips can be slipped over the front edge of a table. The clips have the hard velcro (hook side) on them, and they can attach to the velcro tabs (soft, loop) on the back, so you could put them on the edge of a table, like a table cloth.

The size is also a variable that we can tweak. 72" is wider than some people realize. Maybe a smaller size would be better? I'll work on the pricing. There's also vinyl, but they don't wear as well as the fabric.
More

Offline iMav

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:16:19 »
Smaller is good as well. 

(BTW, tapatalk 2 is NICE).

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:17:49 »
If people are interested in banners to hang, you could get this on 15-oz. outdoor vinyl from Vistaprint for $54 + $20 shipping.

in memoriam

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:17:57 »
If I paid for tapatalk 1, shouldn't the upgrade be free...
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 09:40:38 »
If people are interested in banners to hang, you could get this on 15-oz. outdoor vinyl from Vistaprint for $54 + $20 shipping.

Yeah, I'm in Manhattan, not the cheapest place on Earth, LOL!

If it's alright with the admins, I can provide the art files for people who might want to go that route.
More

Offline iMav

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 11:27:41 »

I am more interested having one with the dye-sub process.  It's not about the cheapest solution, I want to own a high-quality banner utilizing this innovative process. 

Just like I'd much rather have a high-quality and durable keyboard as opposed to a cheap one that may (or may not) get the job done.  :)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 11:42:22 »
If I paid for tapatalk 1, shouldn't the upgrade be free...

Did you not pay for the upgrade from windows xp to win7?

What about if you played games that had a sequel?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 11:44:58 »

I am more interested having one with the dye-sub process.  It's not about the cheapest solution, I want to own a high-quality banner utilizing this innovative process. 

Just like I'd much rather have a high-quality and durable keyboard as opposed to a cheap one that may (or may not) get the job done.  :)

Just go to a meetup, iMav and you're likely to see one of these banners. Everyone's gotta sign it -- or at least be photographed in front of it.

(Now wondering if the handwriting will show through to the front... eh, maybe.)
More

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 12:36:04 »

Just go to a meetup, iMav and you're likely to see one of these banners. Everyone's gotta sign it -- or at least be photographed in front of it.

(Now wondering if the handwriting will show through to the front... eh, maybe.)

I am happy to send these two to iMav, then he can send them along to the next meet-up.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 13:06:20 »
i just want to say that if you can catch me in san diego you can eat raw beef larb with me too. if you catch me in LA, you, reaper and i can eat some **** that reaper orders in thai. it will be spicey as crap but delicious

also i want clothes made with this dyesub process. i don't care how it happens but it's going to happen now. because i want it to

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 13:41:59 »
I am happy to send these two to iMav, then he can send them along to the next meet-up.
 - Ron | samwisekoi

A third (orange background) banner is winging it's way to aggie today, and I think he may end up forwarding it to iMav eventually, or aggie might be kidnapping iMav in order to make him participate in a meetup, I'm not entirely sure.

As for dye-sublimated clothing, it exists, but I'm not in the apparel industry, so I don't use those materials. The banner fabric would be uncomfortable to wear, I think; like a hair shirt, especially the outdoor materials.
More

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 13:45:21 »
I'm sure I'll be seeing one soon, at least when the Chicago meetup'ers plan another meetup. :)

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 21:41:10 »
i just want to say that if you can catch me in san diego you can eat raw beef larb with me too. if you catch me in LA, you, reaper and i can eat some **** that reaper orders in thai. it will be spicey as crap but delicious

also i want clothes made with this dyesub process. i don't care how it happens but it's going to happen now. because i want it to

Regarding hot Thai food....

I spent 2 years <effectively> in Thailand crawling through jungles, touring temples, and dancing in discos till the sun would rise. I'm 6-0, almost 200 lbs, european decent, usually pretty solid, but a little soft recently. Everywhere I went in Thailand the locals would never give me 'all' the same food the other locals would be given, they always held some back....even when I would smile broadly and try taking it...they always would shake their heads and take the food back, sometimes saying 'no' or 'hot' in english, lol. Finally after a period of time I refused to be dissuaded any longer. I ate the beetles in the shell, picked a snake out of a cage at a street market as they pinned it's head while you eat it, and food so hot it was more hot than food, so hot I couldn't tell what food it was, so hot it hurt!

Oh, and Muay Thai is the most brutal sport I have ever witnessed, makes UFC seem like an introduction to full contact.

I wish I could find a picture of me holding 2 Royal Thai Policemen off the ground in Phuket. Good times.

Imav in socal? My stomping grounds? Imav, you blowing through the bay area? Come on, I dare you!