Author Topic: MKS - Mech Keyboard Spotting  (Read 2260 times)

Offline BlackWidowMan777

MKS - Mech Keyboard Spotting
« on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 05:43:08 »
Please post any pictures of mechanical keyboards that you spot in their natural habitats. This does not include mechanical keyboards owned by you - rather, ones used in shops, offices, hotels and other commercial and/or industrial venues.

I spied this one today and actually got to use it whilst setting up internet banking. It definitely had cherry mx black switches, but I was unable to remove any keycaps. I did manage to snap a pic with my trusty iPhone though!

82028-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 November 2014, 03:45:50 by BlackWidowMan777 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Mechanical Keyboard Spotting
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 15:08:39 »
^ CBA :))

I was talking to a teller this one time, and she said they were going to upgrade all the computers, so I asked if I could have some of the keyboards if they were otherwise going to be chucked out.  She said she would see what she could do.  But now she has gone, and it is more than six months later and they are still using the old keyboards.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:45:04 »
^ CBA :))

I was talking to a teller this one time, and she said they were going to upgrade all the computers, so I asked if I could have some of the keyboards if they were otherwise going to be chucked out.  She said she would see what she could do.  But now she has gone, and it is more than six months later and they are still using the old keyboards.

Well funnily enough the new keyboards they were given with the upgrade sucked majorly and so they went back to Cherry for their POS terminal keyboards. Will have to check out what the tellers are using now. Gotta keep a keycap remover on me from now on.

So someone will now make an all-in-one keychain keycap remover  :p

I have already staked out my next POS terminal and this one will have some side boob and partial nipple exposure to boot replete with a cap removed....you will see what I mean  ;D

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 00:17:08 »
I am 100% sure my local usps office use cherry 1800  :)) let me go take some picture

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 03:09:25 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 03:43:32 »
So someone will now make an all-in-one keychain keycap remover  :p

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33130.msg781926#msg781926

Whoa those are perfect! The skill level would have to be pretty high to surreptitiously remove a keycap and snap a pic without the consent of the keyboard owner/operator. On the other hand, I reckon it could be a great (but slightly geeky) conversation starter.

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 03:45:03 »
I am 100% sure my local usps office use cherry 1800  :)) let me go take some picture

Don't forget: Show us the switch sans keycap if possible!

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 02:56:00 »

I have already staked out my next POS terminal and this one will have some side boob and partial nipple exposure to boot replete with a cap removed....you will see what I mean  ;D

Here is the one I was talking about:

82321-0

Geez, I still forgot to bring a keypuller! Per usual it feels like cherry mx black switches.