Author Topic: New here  (Read 5005 times)

Offline Pheine

New here
« on: Fri, 15 December 2023, 04:10:11 »
Hey guess I'm new here. A friend and I are just getting started in a new hobby that we can dump all our money in. Won't my wife be excited. Thanks for being a super great community and welcoming all the new people to the hobby/lifestyle.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 15 December 2023, 06:41:30 »
Hey guess I'm new here. A friend and I are just getting started in a new hobby that we can dump all our money in. Won't my wife be excited. Thanks for being a super great community and welcoming all the new people to the hobby/lifestyle.

Yeah don't check the Top Posts of All Time on r/mechmarket ...
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 15 December 2023, 09:39:53 »
Welcome to geekhack :)

Yeah don't check the Top Posts of All Time on r/mechmarket ...

what a post lol
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 December 2023, 11:05:04 »
Welcome aboard. The best thing you can do is if your wife does a desk job is to also get them a board. My wife has the exact modded GMMK 1 Full Size as I do, but with XDA Godspeed. She uses it every day and can "feel" what I feel when I talk about the typing feel of a mechanical board. My other suggestion is to start small so you have room to grow. Get a hotswap board with a layout you like, then try new switches and keycaps until you find exactly what you want.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping