Author Topic: Post your Korean Keyboard ^_^  (Read 9182385 times)

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
Re: Post your Korean Keyboard ^_^
« Reply #1800 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 00:12:17 »
esscuse me?

Its not #LEGITBALLIN enough for you, bro :cool:

It doesnt have gold springs ;D

Mine does, but I prefer copper springs as they have faster recoil :D.

Honestly gold springs are just hyped up the ass, exactly the same but anodized gold..
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1801 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 01:56:01 »
esscuse me?

Its not #LEGITBALLIN enough for you, bro :cool:

It doesnt have gold springs ;D

Mine does, but I prefer copper springs as they have faster recoil :D.

Honestly gold springs are just hyped up the ass, exactly the same but anodized gold..

Where can I get some copper springs!

Thing about the gold springs that's confusing--and I wish someone would just measure their force response curve--is that it's unclear whether it's 1. placebo effect, 2. the coating (which must be ultra-fine, so I doubt it has any measurable effect on elasticity) increasing stiffness, or 3. gold springs are made of a different steel alloy / wound differently from their silver-toned equivalents, so their response is different.  I'm tending toward #3.  They could be very slightly stiffer and maybe recoil a bit faster, but it's quite possibly not due to the gold coating, but just them being made by a different manufacturer.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1802 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 11:26:51 »
It has nothing to do with the gold coating it's just the easiest and most obvious way to distinguish them. I and even CPTBadAss can confirm they're just a slight bit heavier.

They're also longer/taller too.
I love Elzy

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1803 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 13:03:11 »
It has nothing to do with the gold coating it's just the easiest and most obvious way to distinguish them. I and even CPTBadAss can confirm they're just a slight bit heavier.

Right, well, the gold coating is what some use as an explanation for the increased stiffness here on GH--that's what I've been seeing in various threads, which is why I listed it.  I'm not a mechanical engineer and don't know the springs' exact properties, but my guess is that they are just stiffer to start with for multiple reasons, and the really fine coating is not making much of a difference.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1804 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 16:15:59 »

I'd like to see a scale to scale comparison of both (for weight). I only have 62 gold springs in my boards now..

And from asking the kbdmod group buy runner, they are in fact the same spring (gold on an alloy of zinc, silver, and copper). So unless you got some jeweler to custom make real 24 karat springs, your "feeling" is placebo.

The gold you see on the spring is one cell thick, which is why it's affordable to do without actually raising the price  by much.

The stiffness you talk about is probably because your springs have been broken in, as every spring decompresses over time albeit at a small rate.

I don''t get what the gold spring hype is about, other than the color of it (which is why I have it) but it's misleading to the public to sell them as a "superior" spring.

On the other hand copper springs are the best ;) although mine are like 60g... I ionized the stock (55g) steel springs in Cu(2) solution.  in that case, the stiffness is because copper ions are more dense.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1805 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:08:33 »
If Sifo says they are longer than silver springs, they are not the same.  The composition is not everything.  Were they made by the same manufacturer to the same specification, and one batch was plated gold and another wasn't?  If so, then okay, it could be a placebo effect.  Otherwise, you need measurements to compare them and make conclusions.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1806 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:12:02 »
If Sifo says they are longer than silver springs, they are not the same.  The composition is not everything.  Were they made by the same manufacturer to the same specification, and one batch was plated gold and another wasn't?  If so, then okay, it could be a placebo effect.  Otherwise, you need measurements to compare them and make conclusions.
yes. -.- they are the same spring colored gold..

same coils and everything ._.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1807 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:12:30 »
You guys believe anything the Koreans tell you.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1808 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:16:53 »
yes. -.- they are the same spring colored gold..

same coils and everything ._.

Well, then I'm inclined to believe that those springs would feel the same--if they are 100% identical before the colored plating.  I wonder about Sherryton's supply of 62g springs, which I own--if they are the same 62g springs or from a different manufacturer.  Some springs came from KBDmod, and others--can't remember now.  Don't know if they are the same.  It's entirely possible that there are different batches / varieties of 62g springs (which are measured as the bottom-out force and don't really describe anything about the compression force profile), so then that creates the distinction.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:18:47 by Photoelectric »

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1809 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:19:57 »
Runs in the blood.

I'm torn between both league of legends world finals team because im half :<

But yeah, if you guys want gold springs a GB is coming up in 2 weeks
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1810 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:22:18 »
Runs in the blood.

I'm torn between both league of legends world finals team because im half :<

But yeah, if you guys want gold springs a GB is coming up in 2 weeks

I'd definitely be interested in trying them!  I'm all about tweaking my switches until they feel exactly right, and I'll be building another keyboard soon.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1811 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:22:43 »
I've done live comparisons for people side by side brand new, both of them. I don't have a scale but I wish I could.

I don't give a **** what you think gold 62g springs are not 62g they are heavier. I'm tired of trying to explain to people, I'm not even trying to convince them that they're better, they feel different is all I'm saying.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:24:46 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1812 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:24:59 »
I've done live comparisons for people side by side brand new, both of them. I don't have a scale but I wish I could.

I don't give a **** what you think gold 62g springs are not 62g they are heavier

Alright then. I wasn't asking for what you think. Nor was it directed at you, just the fact that they are the same spring inside. why don't you ask the guy who proxied it for you?
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1813 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:26:57 »
I think we need to establish how many sources of 62g springs there are and whether they come in a variety of types based on different batches.  As I'd mentioned, it's entirely possible that 62g gold springs were compared to 62g silver springs from a different manufacturer / batch, and so there was a difference.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1814 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:27:02 »
You know there's also different sized 62g "silver" springs, neither of which are identical. coils, height, whatever it's all been different
I love Elzy

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1815 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:28:59 »
I have #LEGITBALLIN platinum springs.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1816 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:29:41 »
You know there's also different sized 62g "silver" springs, neither of which are identical. coils, height, whatever it's all been different

Exactly what I think is happening to cause the confusion ;)

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1817 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:39:30 »

Exactly what I think is happening to cause the confusion ;)

The gold springs have had 2 runs, one of which were more recent (kbdmod). The 3rd round of silver springs on kbdmod are identical (They are currently selling the 4th run)

Whatever I see theres no point in arguing since I doubt all the scientific evidence in the world would qualm the tides.

On the other hand, copper springs are stiff, sadly they aren't plated in gold.

Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1818 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:45:59 »
Copper springs would be quite prone to oxidation?  Or do you mean they are made of copper and then plated with something to prevent oxidation?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1819 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:50:24 »
Copper springs would be quite prone to oxidation?  Or do you mean they are made of copper and then plated with something to prevent oxidation?

Takes 20 years for a copper penny to oxidate, and that is with it exposed to air :P. I was thinking of plating it with bronze just incase, but tin is quite dangerous to work iwth outside of my lab. Need to sneak em in ;d.

I was thinking that if I purchased some gold I could offer some plating service for people who wanted gold springs or gold keycaps (tsangan gave me this idea), although he wanted real gold -.- (too expensive on my meager lab wage)
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1820 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:56:11 »

Takes 20 years for a copper penny to oxidate, and that is with it exposed to air :P. I was thinking of plating it with bronze just incase, but tin is quite dangerous to work iwth outside of my lab. Need to sneak em in ;d.

I was thinking that if I purchased some gold I could offer some plating service for people who wanted gold springs or gold keycaps (tsangan gave me this idea), although he wanted real gold -.- (too expensive on my meager lab wage)
I can't remember what my machinist told me pure gold keycaps would cost.. I think it was about £800
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1821 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:57:55 »
I have #LEGITBALLIN platinum springs.

Nahh bro you need diamond tipped springs to be #LEGITBALLIN

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1822 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 17:59:25 »

I can't remember what my machinist told me pure gold keycaps would cost.. I think it was about £800

I want a full glass keyboard, would pay so much for it
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1823 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 18:17:00 »

I want a full glass keyboard, would pay so much for it

Here's a start: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48425.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1824 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:13:40 »

I will do a proper photoshoot soon....

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1825 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:16:34 »
Ohhh, that graphite set is really nice on that board, LastPilot. I NEED TO BREAK OUT MY KMAC NOW.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1826 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 22:19:32 »
Ohhh, that graphite set is really nice on that board, LastPilot. I NEED TO BREAK OUT MY KMAC NOW.
Thank you, yeah I got really lucky getting the graphite set. I am taking this set to my grave.

WAI are you even using other keyboards.  KMAC NAO.

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1827 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 05:31:09 »
Show Image

I will do a proper photoshoot soon....

Nice Graphite keyset with Kmac WKL ;)
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #1828 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:13:28 »

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #1829 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:15:47 »
Show Image
Show Image

While I don't really fancy the Miami set, I have to say that it's a good match on that Pink Plate-Case
LF: Duck Mini V1 aka Duck Poker Case
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49840.0
-----------------------------------------------------
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1830 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:22:15 »
Show Image
Show Image

its so hard to see the legend in the photo, not sure in RL

I'm guessing side LED?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #1831 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:45:13 »
Show Image
Show Image

its so hard to see the legend in the photo, not sure in RL

I'm guessing side LED?
Im still trying to figure out the side LED thing. Still waiting on LEDs for the switches. Getting info from GON about the SMD leds that can be used in the middle. Little confused on there they go

If anyone could post the inside of their GON and how you have the LEDs mounted that would be awesome :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:49:45 by Turkishrambo »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1832 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:52:41 »
I've seen photos of normal through-hole 3mm LEDs just attached to the back of the PCB and bent under the sides downward.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1833 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:53:55 »
I've seen photos of normal through-hole 3mm LEDs just attached to the back of the PCB and bent under the sides downward.

That's how mine is done
I love Elzy

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1834 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:55:02 »
Yeah I was just trying to remember who posted photos of theirs like that :)  Must have been yours!  I've been thinking about it myself with my upcoming LZ Alu Skin keyboard, as it has acrylic sides.  Did you randomly pick the spots to solder those underside LEDs to (correct polarity, of course)?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1835 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:57:24 »
yeah. Some of them are split between different switches, so + on one and - on another. I just bent the wires around. Make sure they don't touch any of the other solder points....
I love Elzy

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #1836 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:59:13 »
Sifo if you could take a picture that would be awesome.

You're basically doubling up the LED?

I mainly just don't want it affecting the brightness on the key switch LED

I dont really care about how bright, just  that it is consistent throughout (top and mid)
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:00:58 by Turkishrambo »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1837 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 21:59:58 »
Thank you, Sifo!  I'm still not sure if I'll do side LEDs, as I don't know if I can figure out if I'll be able to turn them on and off yet.  But that's good to know!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1838 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:13:32 »
Time to unleash the 8lb beast board TrikX

- modded top switch covers and leds
- lubed springs, stabilizers
- Esc: red led ; the rest of the R1 top row pink leds, WASD - green; Arrows - blue; and the rest of the board White Led's
- Alphanumerics 65g Korean springs ; Modifiers left and right side 80g Korean springs
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 October 2013, 22:16:51 by bazemk1979 »
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Amble

« Reply #1839 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 23:02:18 »
Show Image
Show Image

Really nice combo Turkishrambo.  What I love most about GONs is that there is no bezel.  It shows off the backlighting better, easier to clean and just plain looks better.  I liked that about the Corsair K70/K65 too... a poor man's GON if you will.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1840 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 23:03:38 »
I don't have a pic right now and I hate taking it apart :P one day... maybe I'll show you at WCS
I love Elzy

Offline laden3

« Reply #1841 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 15:34:43 »
http://imgur.com/a/AOgFC LZ-GH re-anodized from red into green. Was expecting desert green but I am pretty satisfied with how this one turned out.

http://imgur.com/a/8WpUB KMAC 2 re-anodized to blue. It was hard anodized as well and I had the seams polished when the top and bottom were bolted together. The outcome sucks as the surrounding of the mini-usb hole kinda "melted" because they used a belt to polish it. The color of the top and bottom piece does not look the same as well, the anodizing company told me that they are probably made of different alloys. I expected a deeper blue but whatever, my brother can ditch his ducky when he gets a surprise present.

The anodizing company (more like my handler) was kind enough to give me a "student discount". The hard anodized surface on the KMAC feels way better compare the the type 2 anodizing on the LZ-GH. I am not sure whether it is a placebo effect but the finish on the KMAC feels/looks more pleasant.

Lesson learned:
1. Black is probably the safest color.
2. Do not let the anodizing company do the polishing.
3. Hard anodized> type 2.
4. Always participate in a custom keyboard group buy.
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1842 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 15:38:35 »
laden, that green looks so, so nice.

Also, it isn't because they're different alloys. Pieces will almost always be different shades of the colour unless the anodising company spends a lot of time (and a lot of your money) changing the process to suit the particular parts you're having anodised. My case was the same alloy, same batch, same everything and the shades are different. Most alu cases are two shades too even if it is very subtle.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 October 2013, 15:42:05 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline laden3

« Reply #1843 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 15:43:25 »
Should have picked black =S
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1844 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 16:20:39 »
http://imgur.com/a/AOgFC LZ-GH re-anodized from red into green. Was expecting desert green but I am pretty satisfied with how this one turned out.

http://imgur.com/a/8WpUB KMAC 2 re-anodized to blue. It was hard anodized as well and I had the seams polished when the top and bottom were bolted together. The outcome sucks as the surrounding of the mini-usb hole kinda "melted" because they used a belt to polish it. The color of the top and bottom piece does not look the same as well, the anodizing company told me that they are probably made of different alloys. I expected a deeper blue but whatever, my brother can ditch his ducky when he gets a surprise present.

The anodizing company (more like my handler) was kind enough to give me a "student discount". The hard anodized surface on the KMAC feels way better compare the the type 2 anodizing on the LZ-GH. I am not sure whether it is a placebo effect but the finish on the KMAC feels/looks more pleasant.

Lesson learned:
1. Black is probably the safest color.
2. Do not let the anodizing company do the polishing.
3. Hard anodized> type 2.
4. Always participate in a custom keyboard group buy.

laden that green is amazing!!

Offline nine

« Reply #1845 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 16:26:44 »
What is that blue palm keycap that i keep seeing on korean esc keys?

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1846 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 16:29:20 »
The palm is the logo of OTD and they include one in most of their sets.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #1847 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 16:41:22 »
I am deeply in love with my new GON

i made a whole album here: http://imgur.com/a/HMD2E#0
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline nine

« Reply #1848 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 17:07:01 »
The palm is the logo of OTD and they include one in most of their sets.
Ohmygosh the soraware set is absolutely gorgeous!
*drools*
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 October 2013, 17:10:02 by nine »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1849 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 17:10:01 »
I am deeply in love with my new GON

Show Image

i made a whole album here: http://imgur.com/a/HMD2E#0

That set is so perfect and is a good match for the GON board too.  GON's red switch stickers are a nice touch to go with the orange caps.