Author Topic: Post your Korean Keyboard ^_^  (Read 9182417 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Post your Korean Keyboard ^_^
« Reply #7400 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 09:07:47 »
Western boards are stuff like the ErgoDox, WhiteFox, and other boards you can find made here.

And just to clarify this, I wouldn't classify those designs as being comparable to a Kustom, in terms of materials and layout.  A sandwich-style plate design will be cheaper than a CNC milled full housing, and 60-75% won't be the same price as a TKL either (different designs - "tray" vs two-halves).

The only USA TKL custom was Skeldon, which was $350+ for the kit; the only EU TKL custom that I'm aware of was the one-off Tek-80, which was ~900 USD at the time, IIRC.

Not to be nit-picky, just to expand on the price differential you listed. :thumb:

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7401 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 09:08:49 »
As a new comer who has never seen any of these keyboards before, how much are these keyboards and (if it's my budget) how can I get one of these?
it depends on what board that you wanted but be sure to pay 400$+

Welp...I think I'll just admire you guys' keyboards from far lol

Korean custom keyboards usually start around $400 nowadays. Western custom boards usually start around $200.

Mind you, those prices are just for bare kits.

Sorry but what are bare kits? And also what are the main differences between a western custom and a korean custom? Do the korean keybords have better customization and better quality?

Bare kits are basically unassembled keyboards. They require that you do some soldering, and put together the keyboard yourself. This allows you to choose whatever type of switches you want. You want blue on your Esc, clears on your alphas, and reds on your modifers? No problem. (pls don't do that combination though...). Can also add all kinds of custom LED's etc.

Most keyboards you'd find online to purchase in the west are made by companies and are completed assembled, but there are starting to be a lot custom options coming out. If you look on Massdrop, you can find some kits for keyboards like the Ergodox, as well as some other popular keyboards like the Poker series which you can really customize (see techmattr on reddit to see how nice $100 60% boards can look).

Korean customs are insanely high quality with really well machined parts. They're often winkeyless as well. The pictures in this thread compared to a google image search of any company keyboard should give you a good idea of the difference. Shiny metal is a big part of it :P I should note as well that even though these pictures are amazing - they don't really do justice to how good they actually feel in hand.

Luckily you can put together a decent looking keyboard for MUCH less than you see here. You just need to keep an eye open for good deals on parts you might want (i.e. aluminum case for whatever size keyboard you have, specific keycap sets, etc.)

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2016, 09:13:08 by mobbo »
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #7402 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 09:29:36 »
As a new comer who has never seen any of these keyboards before, how much are these keyboards and (if it's my budget) how can I get one of these?
it depends on what board that you wanted but be sure to pay 400$+

Welp...I think I'll just admire you guys' keyboards from far lol

Korean custom keyboards usually start around $400 nowadays. Western custom boards usually start around $200.

Mind you, those prices are just for bare kits.

Sorry but what are bare kits? And also what are the main differences between a western custom and a korean custom? Do the korean keybords have better customization and better quality?

Bare kits are basically unassembled keyboards. They require that you do some soldering, and put together the keyboard yourself. This allows you to choose whatever type of switches you want. You want blue on your Esc, clears on your alphas, and reds on your modifers? No problem. (pls don't do that combination though...). Can also add all kinds of custom LED's etc.

Most keyboards you'd find online to purchase in the west are made by companies and are completed assembled, but there are starting to be a lot custom options coming out. If you look on Massdrop, you can find some kits for keyboards like the Ergodox, as well as some other popular keyboards like the Poker series which you can really customize (see techmattr on reddit to see how nice $100 60% boards can look).

Korean customs are insanely high quality with really well machined parts. They're often winkeyless as well. The pictures in this thread compared to a google image search of any company keyboard should give you a good idea of the difference. Shiny metal is a big part of it :P I should note as well that even though these pictures are amazing - they don't really do justice to how good they actually feel in hand.

Luckily you can put together a decent looking keyboard for MUCH less than you see here. You just need to keep an eye open for good deals on parts you might want (i.e. aluminum case for whatever size keyboard you have, specific keycap sets, etc.)

Thanks for the informative response. I googled b.face and came up with this picture http://i.imgur.com/TjPlxDz.jpg.

Are there other keyboards similar to this look that's relatively cheaper? By "look" I mean the bottom lights, the bezel and the "floating keys". Not entirely sure if the keyboard in the picture has LEDs in the switches though.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7403 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 09:31:43 »

Thanks for the informative response. I googled b.face and came up with this picture http://i.imgur.com/TjPlxDz.jpg.

Are there other keyboards similar to this look that's relatively cheaper? By "look" I mean the bottom lights, the bezel and the "floating keys". Not entirely sure if the keyboard in the picture has LEDs in the switches though.

I'll PM you - we're starting go a little off topic for this thread.  :thumb:

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #7404 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 09:39:35 »

I'll PM you - we're starting go a little off topic for this thread.  :thumb:

Sorry  :-X

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7405 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 16:55:05 »
BAM!! Post 1000!!

Orion V2, Gateron black switches, GMK TA Alphas, Electric Bluegaloo Mod's, F2 Blue Clack, and a whole lot of love for Steezus who did the soldering, and who's services I highly recommend.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #7406 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 16:56:16 »
RS78 w/ Hirose Oranges, 65g Vintage MX blacks, and an MX lock

some build pics
More

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2016, 17:24:57 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7407 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 16:59:46 »
Show Image

Forget about the keyboard.  Nice TV show choice.  :cool:

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #7408 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 17:12:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

some build pics
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow that looks great. Very cool layout too! Nice work  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #7409 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 17:29:47 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

some build pics
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Interesting switches.
How much smoother do they feel compared to vintage blacks?
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #7410 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 17:37:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

some build pics
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What the lock can do, that cannot be done by software? The GON, for example, can be programmed to lock the function key by double tapping its Fn key.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #7411 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 17:40:17 »
Wow that looks great. Very cool layout too! Nice work  :thumb:

Thanks! The layout definitely takes some getting used to, the F-row on the left definitely throws you off

Interesting switches.
How much smoother do they feel compared to vintage blacks?

A little less snap, but smoother and softer than blacks. Really a preference thing, not outright better.

Forget about the keyboard.  Nice TV show choice.  :cool:
;)

What the lock can do, that cannot be done by software? The GON, for example, can be programmed to lock the function key by double tapping its Fn key.

Hey, guess how many times I have to press my lock switch for it to lock

hint: once

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #7412 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 03:40:02 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

some build pics
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

beautiful board

Offline E3E

« Reply #7413 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 04:14:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

some build pics
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very tasteful usage and placement of those hirose oranges man. Sexy as hell and very very seldom seen. I love it! Very nice board overall. :)

Red Scarf boards are really holding their own. Most people know I'm in love with red anodized keyboards, so like... This is fantastic, and that fiery orange of the Hirose Cherry switches is just so friggin' nice.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #7414 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 07:00:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

some build pics
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

beautiful, feel like getting one now.  :eek:
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7415 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:07:05 »
I feel like my first attempt was not worth :(

Here's my second try :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #7416 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:08:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

some build pics
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Where can I get one ASAP?

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #7417 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 09:11:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

some build pics
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Funky layout, both 1,25 modifiers and 1.5. You like it?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #7418 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:04:34 »
Taobao is where I found it

Very tasteful usage and placement of those hirose oranges man. Sexy as hell and very very seldom seen. I love it! Very nice board overall. :)

Red Scarf boards are really holding their own. Most people know I'm in love with red anodized keyboards, so like... This is fantastic, and that fiery orange of the Hirose Cherry switches is just so friggin' nice.
Well,  I got them from one of the Yamaha sequencers, so I had a somewhat limited supply already ;). They definitely are nice, a great budget aluminum board.

beautiful, feel like getting one now.  :eek:
[/quote]

you should ;)

beautiful board

Funky layout, both 1,25 modifiers and 1.5. You like it?

Yeah, the bottom mods aren't that odd to me. The F-row on the left definitely throws me off since subconsciously place my hands based on the left edge of the board I see out of the corner of my eye. Since there's extra stuff there, I tend to mis-type a decent amount

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #7419 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:06:59 »
I don't really know how to buy from taobao... Is there a guide or could you help me get one?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7420 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:09:24 »
I don't really know how to buy from taobao... Is there a guide or could you help me get one?

You have to use a proxy, like TB Focus or Bhiner. (Or have someone in China proxy for you.)
Make an account, top up funds, then use the regular TaoBao site to search for the stuff you want. Copy the link into the proxy site and order away. The proxy will order the items for you (you have to have the funds first), take pics when they get it, and then you ask them to ship your items. I stored a number of items for about two weeks before I had my entire order shipped. They charge a handling and shipping fee.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #7421 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:11:34 »

You have to use a proxy, like TB Focus or Bhiner. (Or have someone in China proxy for you.)
Make an account, top up funds, then use the regular TaoBao site to search for the stuff you want. Copy the link into the proxy site and order away. The proxy will order the items for you (you have to have the funds first), take pics when they get it, and then you ask them to ship your items. I stored a number of items for about two weeks before I had my entire order shipped. They charge a handling and shipping fee.

Does it cost a lot? And how long do they take?

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7422 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:11:50 »

I am currently buying through http://taobaofocus.com/, they are currently processing my order (Red Alert & Olivetti), will let you know how it turns out.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7423 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:13:24 »

The sets cost around $200 each, they are very full sets with 1800 support (which is why I went for them). You make your first payment, they place the order, when they receive the goods you then pay a second fee for them to ship to you...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #7424 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:16:29 »

IIRC TB Focus charges a 10% commission, then you just have to pay for domestic and international shipping (you can choose air mail, DHL, or EMS). Turnaround is quick, within a day or two.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #7425 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:19:47 »
FE with RGB diffuser coming soon

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7426 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 10:20:20 »

Show Image

I like the look of this.  ;D

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #7427 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 15:25:51 »

Show Image

Are you making a diffuser? I want one!

Offline E3E

« Reply #7428 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 22:45:03 »
BAM!! Post 1000!!

Show Image

Orion V2, Gateron black switches, GMK TA Alphas, Electric Bluegaloo Mod's, F2 Blue Clack, and a whole lot of love for Steezus who did the soldering, and who's services I highly recommend.

This board needs some love too! Excellent color coordination and build! :D I love the Electric Bluegaloo mods and that Clack just ties it all together. :)

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #7429 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 05:25:24 »
Potato pic
Is this the first FE with RGB and diffuser?

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 February 2016, 05:27:22 by yuktsi »

My collection

More

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #7430 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 05:29:08 »
Potato pic
Is this the first FE with RGB and diffuser?

Show Image

you jiba potato.

looks nice man. are you selling this :(

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7431 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 08:21:10 »

Show Image

Is that a custom back? Cause I've never seen fe with that back before

Offline laden3

« Reply #7432 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 08:59:22 »
I have a potato too.

Non-battery cover version.  :))
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #7433 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 11:24:20 »

Show Image

Is that a custom back? Cause I've never seen fe with that back before
Oh yeah, special design for no.100
it has a huge brass with the infamous team redline logo

I have a potato too.

Non-battery cover version.  :))
wow. I know no.001 also has a different but similar to your design.

My collection

More

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7434 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 13:51:56 »
BAM!! Post 1000!!

Show Image

This board needs some love too! Excellent color coordination and build! :D I love the Electric Bluegaloo mods and that Clack just ties it all together. :)

Thanks Bro :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #7435 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 19:47:50 »

Show Image

Man, that back is dope

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #7436 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 19:50:41 »
I feel like my first attempt was not worth :(

Here's my second try :)

Show Image

Looking really nice.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #7437 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 21:50:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

some build pics
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This is awesome!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7438 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 08:32:01 »
I don't care! I love this board, and I am going to post it all the time!!

... and so what if I have set my under lights to be red and blue, slowly rotating!

Offline Prelim

« Reply #7439 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 09:17:33 »
bloody americans  :p
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #7440 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 10:39:13 »

Show Image

... and so what if I have set my under lights to be red and blue, slowly rotating!

MM clacks are backwards.

=)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7441 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 10:45:18 »

Show Image

MM clacks are backwards.

=)

Nah, more balanced this way to be honest... I have replaced the red clack for my liberator set now...

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7442 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 12:24:32 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:05:19 by alienman82 »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7443 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 12:31:07 »

Show Image

MM clacks are backwards.

=)

Nah, more balanced this way to be honest... I have replaced the red clack for my liberator set now...

Show Image

nice bros :)

Thank you sir, I was pretty happy to get hold of the set :)

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #7444 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 12:55:36 »

Show Image

Wow, that's a very special FE  O_O
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #7445 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 15:45:35 »

Show Image

MM clacks are backwards.

=)

Show Image

Super jelly of that liborator set. Nice board

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #7446 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 19:37:47 »
Duck Viper + Hyperfuse

Forgive ultimate potato quality
Haven't had time lately to get the dslr out

128954-0
128956-1

Offline raymogi

« Reply #7447 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 19:39:27 »
Duck Viper + Hyperfuse

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Best combo ever. One day I will own a Viper.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #7448 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 19:39:45 »
Duck Viper + Hyperfuse

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
there it is!

so sweet dude

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #7449 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 19:45:09 »

there it is!

so sweet dude

was just about to message you! sorry for taking so long

come to this meetup so you can see it in the flesh and I can see your new build :)

Best combo ever. One day I will own a Viper.

elton said that round 2 of viper/eagle might be coming sooner than expected   :)