Author Topic: Hey from chicago!  (Read 1668 times)

Offline pistolaa

Hey from chicago!
« on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 18:57:34 »
Hey is it going? Currently getting into keyboards and stuff! Purchased a KB67 and so far im loving it, but wish i was able to afford a unikorn.
I was having a conversation with my dad about these, and since he is a machine operator he let me know that he is able to build the base/plate at work. Now this is my question, how would i go about on finding the dimension/sizes on keyboards? Is there somewhere i can find all of this? What im trying to do is see if i can recreate the Unicorn with my own style. But with the same sound it creates.
Its probably cheaper to have my dad help me instead of paying out of pocket. Which im really close to do so   :-X
Please , i dont know where else to search for this .

Offline PlsCrit

Re: Hey from chicago!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 19:38:14 »
Wow that's really cool that you have someone so close to help you do that cnc work! Hmm to find the dimensions for keyboards I would probably ask people who have already ran group buys for aftermarket plates and stuff. For example there was a group buy recently for aftermarket PCB's and plates for the Percent Studio Canoe, and to my knowledge it was not put on by anyone affiliated with Percent Studio themselves. They had to get those exact dimensions from somewhere, so maybe getting in contact with those people, and assuming they are willing to be open about it, they can tell you how they got the dimensions they needed (although it could be as simple as already having a Canoe kit on hand to make copies off of).

Offline pistolaa

Re: Hey from chicago!
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 20:05:10 »
Wow that's really cool that you have someone so close to help you do that cnc work! Hmm to find the dimensions for keyboards I would probably ask people who have already ran group buys for aftermarket plates and stuff. For example there was a group buy recently for aftermarket PCB's and plates for the Percent Studio Canoe, and to my knowledge it was not put on by anyone affiliated with Percent Studio themselves. They had to get those exact dimensions from somewhere, so maybe getting in contact with those people, and assuming they are willing to be open about it, they can tell you how they got the dimensions they needed (although it could be as simple as already having a Canoe kit on hand to make copies off of).

Yea i kinda figured that out, i have messaged a couple of people but they just always seem to ignore me. What im really trying to do is just replicate the Unikorns sound. First time i heard it i fell in love it :DDDD