Author Topic: Hello! U.S. Expat in Netherlands  (Read 2115 times)

Offline michaelcote

Hello! U.S. Expat in Netherlands
« on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 13:56:48 »
Hey fam, long time lurker, finally joining the riff raff. My story is I started looking around to replace my Corsair Strafe RGB and Logitech K740 and have been enjoying the ride. I became brainwashed into thinking that a 65% was for me, and downsized to TOFU65 (alu, novel creams), which I promptly dumped on r/MM. I prefer full sized, simple as that. Currently running Leopold FC900R Dolch, and a Wooting fullsize whatever it's called. Looking to replace the Wooting - darn nice board - with something beefy. Looking forward to hanging out in the forums and joining "I also missed the GroupBuy therapy threads".

Offline yuppie

Re: Hello! U.S. Expat in Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 15:19:03 »
Welcome!

I'd love to hear more about how you escaped the US. Was it a job opportunity out there? Did you have to give up your US citizenship?
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 02:18:28 »
Hey fam, long time lurker, finally joining the riff raff. My story is I started looking around to replace my Corsair Strafe RGB and Logitech K740 and have been enjoying the ride. I became brainwashed into thinking that a 65% was for me, and downsized to TOFU65 (alu, novel creams), which I promptly dumped on r/MM. I prefer full sized, simple as that. Currently running Leopold FC900R Dolch, and a Wooting fullsize whatever it's called. Looking to replace the Wooting - darn nice board - with something beefy. Looking forward to hanging out in the forums and joining "I also missed the GroupBuy therapy threads".

Ha! Yes! Brainwash! Exactly!

If you like that Leopold, check out this Model M I made!

It's not quite the same. The grey is lighter on the Model M and it's less green, but it's pretty close. I've genuinely been meaning to pick up one of those Leopolds. What switches do you have in it?

In terms of beefiness...why don't you join us on the Model M side? That's pretty beefy! Pretty bulletproof too!

Offline jamster

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 03:41:09 »
Welcome!

I'd love to hear more about how you escaped the US. Was it a job opportunity out there? Did you have to give up your US citizenship?

Uh, you don't have to give up citizenship to work in another country!

Offline hellweaver666

• Make Andy Make
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 06:45:20 »
Hi from another newbie in the Netherlands! (I'm British though).

Offline michaelcote

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 16:08:33 »
Welcome!

I got super lucky - marriage...