Author Topic: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (waiting on replacement acrylic, otherwise complete)  (Read 73157 times)

Offline Saiph

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (all orders shipped)
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 13:23:26 »
Just checked my shipping and it looks like it arrived a day early :). I still need to wait for my switches though...

Offline Gengarfan

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (all int'l orders shipped, US orders landed in US)
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 15:23:28 »
Should we expect tracking numbers soon?

I was gonna be lazy and skip that until you asked. D:

They've all been sent via PMs.

I never received a tracking number. Would you mind double checking for me Lunaris?

Offline Saiph

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 19:20:16 »
The red ended up looking really good. I'm super satisfied with how this came out  :thumb:
Unfortunately my lighting is awful but I wanted to throw a pic up anyways

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 08:28:48 »
Hi everyone~ You should have all received everything from the buy. If anything is damaged/missing, please let me know.

Also the designer is monitoring the thread so if you like what you got, post some pics and feedback! He'd really appreciate it.  :thumb:

Offline Cotay

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 11:30:27 »
Hi everyone~ You should have all received everything from the buy. If anything is damaged/missing, please let me know.

Also the designer is monitoring the thread so if you like what you got, post some pics and feedback! He'd really appreciate it.  :thumb:

Although I didn't purchase mine from the GB, I'm excited to see what people build with their Tric. It's really one of the finest cases around so definitely share your builds!

Offline Saiph

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 11:32:17 »

Although I didn't purchase mine from the GB, I'm excited to see what people build with their Tric. It's really one of the finest cases around so definitely share your builds!
Still waiting on my switches~
(and keycaps, though I have some other ones i can use for now)

Offline airs

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 12:39:38 »
Got mine, great packaging! Waiting on R4 Zealios...
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline axtran

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 12:40:53 »
Nice, share the colors!
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline Arallu

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 12:42:23 »
Nm, the plate goes up under the case ;)

edit: love the signature
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 December 2016, 12:58:50 by Arallu »

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 14:24:38 »
Here's a picture of mine with a 5mm acrylic plate from SPRiT.
155762-0
Love it, just hope falbatech will restock their black GH60 PCB. Pretty sure I'll need ISO support...

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 15:35:14 »
Got my red one last Wednesday and it's BEAUTIFUL! Couldn't be more stoked!!! Got a sweet matching red HHKB plate from LeandreN to throw in it, now to learn how to solder hahaha.

Great group buy, thanks a ton!!

Offline PoisonKing

• RIP wallet
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 06:18:07 »
Received my b-stock TriC a few days ago. Great quality for a b-stock  :thumb:

Sanded the sides of the acrylic layer to make the underglow light more diffused.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #262 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 07:26:34 »
Received my b-stock TriC a few days ago. Great quality for a b-stock  :thumb:

Sanded the sides of the acrylic layer to make the underglow light more diffused.

Show Image

I was thinking about sanding my acrylic layer. Did you just used sandpaper along the edge? Do you have any pics of what your layer looks like with the underglow off?

Offline PoisonKing

• RIP wallet
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 08:39:17 »

I was thinking about sanding my acrylic layer. Did you just used sandpaper along the edge? Do you have any pics of what your layer looks like with the underglow off?

I used 1000 grit sandpaper and sanded it side to side. Sanding the grooves (on the left/right side) was the tricky part, you can see there's a bit of shiny area from my photo. I was too lazy to fix it :D

Offline Saiph

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 08:41:12 »
Looks like it came out pretty well. I'll decide if I want to do that when I get around to building mine :)

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 18:51:04 »
Yeah, the b stock quality is definitely good. Packaging was a little sketchy since it was just put together and wrapped in bubble wrap, and there wasn't a hex key even though there was supposed to be one, but it definitely still looks good, and feels solid. Totally forgot about the fact it didn't include a plate, so I'll have to wait for that to come before I can put it together

Offline Saiph

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:38:00 »
Finally got around to building my TriC. http://imgur.com/a/pA7U1
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 January 2017, 13:57:52 by Saiph »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 03:58:53 »
Looking great, guys! Thanks a lot for posting the pics. :D

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 05:55:18 »
Those tric-87 pictures look awesome, can't wait for that to drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 11:52:58 »
UGH does anybody have any guides for the b.fake pcb included in this gb? i can't get mine to flash firmware that works with the official wkl bootmapper client and every time i plug in my pcb, it seems to hold down rctrl and the backslash/pipe key. my soldering isn't the issue, and i just swapped out the backslash key because i thought it might have been chattering, but no luck fixing the issue.
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline Saiph

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 11:59:39 »
UGH does anybody have any guides for the b.fake pcb included in this gb? i can't get mine to flash firmware that works with the official wkl bootmapper client and every time i plug in my pcb, it seems to hold down rctrl and the backslash/pipe key. my soldering isn't the issue, and i just swapped out the backslash key because i thought it might have been chattering, but no luck fixing the issue.
Just checking, have you step 3 in this guide?http://blog.winkeyless.kr/183

Primarily the part about holding left ctrl as you plug it in to start it in bootloader mode.

Offline phosphoric

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (waiting on replacement acrylic, otherwise complete)
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 22:28:20 »

Primarily the part about holding left ctrl as you plug it in to start it in bootloader mode.
i'll check this out when i get home... thanks for the response. any idea about the backslash? because that seems like more of a hardware issue than a software issue, and i have no clue how to check the actual hardware outside visually inspecting my solder job (which looks fine)

thanks for the response! i really appreciate it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:37:05 »

finally got around to doing this and realized i've done it before. what's odd is that when i do end up doing this and plugging in the keyboard, "uploading" the firmware does nothing, and the left control (left ctrl is the key being held down by some invisible force, not right ctrl; my apologies) is still being held down. the backslash/pipe key aren't displaying any characters when i'm inside of any text input area, but when i go to microsoft's ghosting demonstration, it shows the backslash/pipe key as the only key being held down and doesn't register any other keys when depressed. additionally, unplugging the keyboard from the computer seems to continue holding down the left control, as typing any character brings up the ctrl+respective key combo rather than the character i mean to type. i have to reboot my pc before i'm able to use any other keyboard/scroll wheel without my computer behaving like the ctrl key is being pressed.

i may end up posting this in the keyboards subforum to keep from spamming up this group buy, but i'm mostly afraid that it's a defective pcb.

speak for yourself

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #273 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:52:48 »

finally got around to doing this and realized i've done it before. what's odd is that when i do end up doing this and plugging in the keyboard, "uploading" the firmware does nothing, and the left control (left ctrl is the key being held down by some invisible force, not right ctrl; my apologies) is still being held down. the backslash/pipe key aren't displaying any characters when i'm inside of any text input area, but when i go to microsoft's ghosting demonstration, it shows the backslash/pipe key as the only key being held down and doesn't register any other keys when depressed. additionally, unplugging the keyboard from the computer seems to continue holding down the left control, as typing any character brings up the ctrl+respective key combo rather than the character i mean to type. i have to reboot my pc before i'm able to use any other keyboard/scroll wheel without my computer behaving like the ctrl key is being pressed.

i may end up posting this in the keyboards subforum to keep from spamming up this group buy, but i'm mostly afraid that it's a defective pcb.

Hey dude - saw your comments just now. If it is a defective PCB, I have spares and will swap the switches from the old one to the new one free of charge, and cover shipping both ways. This will have to wait until after I'm back in the US I'm afraid, but that's not far off - I'll be back on the 18th of this month.

As for now, I've sent an inquiry to the guy who sold me those PCBs, asking for his input on the matter.

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 17:15:33 »

Hey dude - saw your comments just now. If it is a defective PCB, I have spares and will swap the switches from the old one to the new one free of charge, and cover shipping both ways. This will have to wait until after I'm back in the US I'm afraid, but that's not far off - I'll be back on the 18th of this month.

As for now, I've sent an inquiry to the guy who sold me those PCBs, asking for his input on the matter.

no problem! thanks for responding. i'll wait for the guy's response then, i guess. i appreciate it haha

speak for yourself

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #275 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 20:43:06 »

Do you still offer assembly services? If so, would you be available to do so while you're in the US?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #276 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 21:00:29 »
Do you still offer assembly services? If so, would you be available to do so while you're in the US?

Sure, I'll definitely have the time and tools to do so while in the US (next week till late Feb).

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 14:21:02 »
hi ld,

please check your pms

speak for yourself

Offline Arallu

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 15:37:25 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:39:16 by Arallu »

Offline tinyprawn

Any spares or are these in stock somewhere? I missed the GB when it ran last year but I love the look of this case!

Offline mnmlisme

me too, interested with the case as well, still possible to get one?
XD60 (gat.black) | SABER68 (gat.blue) | VORTEX Core (cherry blue) | YD40 (gatistotle)

Offline tinyprawn

I ended up ordering B Stock (damaged item from the first round).  It's getting re-anodized so I don't know how banged up it actually is.  Pretty excited though!

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/68oauw/gb_zz96_r3_tric60_bstock/

Looks like they went through all 18 already.

Offline mnmlisme

I ended up ordering B Stock (damaged item from the first round).  It's getting re-anodized so I don't know how banged up it actually is.  Pretty excited though!

bummer, such a nice looking case without excess glow. wonder why it's not a common GB.
XD60 (gat.black) | SABER68 (gat.blue) | VORTEX Core (cherry blue) | YD40 (gatistotle)

Offline tinyprawn

bummer, such a nice looking case without excess glow. wonder why it's not a common GB.

I think they're busy with a larger TriC 75 or something like that at the moment. I'd like them to make it a bit higher profile the next time around but the underglow is elegant and minimal. I'm psyched to get it!

Offline rempire

I received my b-stock case the other day. I ordered an all black case but received a black top piece, and a red bottom piece. Anyone missing a red bottom?

Offline tinyprawn

I received my b-stock case the other day. I ordered an all black case but received a black top piece, and a red bottom piece. Anyone missing a red bottom?

My b-stock came in exactly as expected, black bottom and top.

The plate (LeandreN) fit VERY snugly but looks and feels great.

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
If anyone is interested in buying one (dark grey), just send me a pm.