Author Topic: [IC] Custom Keyboard - Democratic Republic of MOON - GB open  (Read 52293 times)

Offline Arallu

To be clear, you can pick any color listed for each piece? So, titanium grey top with ink black bottom is possible?
Or are you limited to the colors shown for each piece top/bottom/plate?

Offline neralo

[IC] Custom Keyboard - Democratic Republic of MOON - Color Options Updated
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 22:34:07 »
Weight will be in the same color as top case, stripes will be in the same color as top case.

Shouldn't the stripes be the same colour as the bottom case, if not they won't be visible against the top case if they're the same colour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline zzyjayfree

Weight will be in the same color as top case, stripes will be in the same color as top case.

Shouldn't the stripes be the same colour as the bottom case, if not they won't be visible against the top case if they're the same colour?

Thanks for your remind.. that's what I wanted to say. Fixed
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline zzyjayfree

To be clear, you can pick any color listed for each piece? So, titanium grey top with ink black bottom is possible?

You'd be able to choose any color from the ten options for either top, bottom cases and plate. So in theory the total number of combination would be 10 top x 10 bot x 10 plate x2 logo x 2 stripes=4000  :eek: :eek: :eek:
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Arallu

You'd be able to choose any color from the ten options for either top, bottom cases and plate. So in theory the total number of combination would be 10 top x 10 bot x 10 plate x2 logo x 2 stripes=4000  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok great! Looking forward to the weekend!
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 June 2017, 22:52:11 by Arallu »

Offline kevinzavier

Imma be honest, these color options have sold me!

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
Still in as I always was :)

Any news on if the weight will be cut out or a bar?

Sent from my sofa using lazy-stuff...

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
I want to hear voices before Friday
:eek:

Sounds good man, looking forward to this!

Offline kevinzavier

Wow a lot of ppl viewing this

Offline reneqing

I love it! Where will the GB open?

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
I love it! Where will the GB open?
In the post he says he will reopen the groupbuy hopefully by the weekend.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

...Logo will be made in stainless steel or brass at your choice with no extra cost. [...]Weight will be in the same color as top case, stripes will be in the same color as bottom case.

So does this mean the logo and the weight will have probably different colours? From how I am understanding, the logo is not going to be coloured, and so will (probably) have the colour of the stainless steel and brass respectively, but say you chose Ink Black for top colour your weight (aluminum or brass) will be Ink Black as well?

Just wanted to be clear of the choices.

Also very looking forward to this GB to reopen again! :)
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline Manticzeus

How long are you planning on having the group buy open for?

Offline metalliccharles

Offline Arallu

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:24:49 by Arallu »

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Looks great! Still in.

Offline swangful

Brass and black all the way. Can't wait for this to get going. Will winkey still be an option? :D

Offline Darknight00z

What is the current estimation on the pricing? Need to get the funds ready hehe

Offline Arallu

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:24:17 by Arallu »

Offline kevinzavier

Pretty heavy price tho, around $500

Offline JDragon

Will the brass parts be coated to prevent tarnishing?

Offline afrokobe

but patina looks so cool  :cool:

Offline Pendylan

I'm ready for the GB! Can we still get brass weights and inserts in addition to the stainless? or is it an upgrade to brass only now?

Offline zzyjayfree

Currently we do not have plan for that. It is indeed something to consider while ordering.

Offline zzyjayfree

I'm ready for the GB! Can we still get brass weights and inserts in addition to the stainless? or is it an upgrade to brass only now?
Only the logo is available in stainless steel. Weight and stripes are in aluminum by default and can be upgraded to brass.

Offline FactoryDefaults

Only the logo is available in stainless steel. Weight and stripes are in aluminum by default and can be upgraded to brass.

Aww shucks.. was afraid the logo would be only in stainless steel. Guess its plasti dip time when i get my board haha.

Offline Broadwell

Made a geekhack account just to say I'm in.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

...Logo will be made in stainless steel or brass at your choice with no extra cost. [...]Weight will be in the same color as top case, stripes will be in the same color as bottom case.

So does this mean the logo and the weight will have probably different colours? From how I am understanding, the logo is not going to be coloured, and so will (probably) have the colour of the stainless steel and brass respectively, but say you chose Ink Black for top colour your weight (aluminum or brass) will be Ink Black as well?

Just wanted to be clear of the choices.

Also very looking forward to this GB to reopen again! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they won't be coloring the brass.
I think if you pick Black Ink for top and don't upgrade the weight to brass, it will be black ink colored aluminum.
Logo will be made in stainless steel or brass at your choice with no extra cost
Weight and stripes are aluminum and can be updated to brass with extra cost

So the selections would look like:
Logo = Stainless Steel or Brass
Weight = Aluminum to match Top Case or Brass
Stripe = Aluminum to match Bottom Case or Brass

What Arallu said sounds right to me, but zzyjayfree can you confirm this will be the case?
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline metalliccharles

So the logo in brass is not an option?

Edit: typing is hard
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 June 2017, 23:36:47 by metalliccharles »

Offline swangful

So the logo in brass is not an option?

It IS an option :)

"We will still allow free combination of top, bottom cases and plate. Logo will be made in stainless steel or brass at your choice with no extra cost. Weight and stripes are aluminum and can be updated to brass with extra cost."

Offline mkarlsson

Will ISO layout be available in the end?

Enviado desde mi ASUS_T00J mediante Tapatalk

Offline zzyjayfree

Aww shucks.. was afraid the logo would be only in stainless steel. Guess its plasti dip time when i get my board haha.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.. The only thing could be stainless steel is the logo, but logo is also available in brass for NO extra cost

Offline FactoryDefaults

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.. The only thing could be stainless steel is the logo, but logo is also available in brass for NO extra cost
Sorry, i misread it then. Thats awesome, thanks for the clarification!

Offline zzyjayfree

Welcome fam!

Offline Gajible

Welcome fam!

I'm totally sold now!

Offline metalliccharles

Regardless I'm in, but glad to hear brass is available for the logo.  I want the blings!
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 June 2017, 23:40:35 by metalliccharles »

Offline zzyjayfree

Updates:
01-JUL-2017 Update:
Updated render to reflect new logo and weight design.
I did not hear many complain about color options this time, so I assume most people are happy with what's offered.
To clarify, logo is offered in stainless or brass (no extra cost), stripes and weight are aluminum by default and can be upgraded to brass with extra cost.
GB opening soon.

Offline swangful

Updates:
01-JUL-2017 Update:
I did not hear many complain about color options this time, so I assume most people are happy with what's offered.
To clarify, logo is offered in stainless or brass (no extra cost), stripes and weight are aluminum by default and can be upgraded to brass with extra cost.
GB opening soon.

So excited. Will winkey be offered again this time around in this GB?

Offline stand.geek

Updates:
01-JUL-2017 Update:
GB opening soon.

I assume that brass plate is also an option with extra cost right?

Offline rioc

Updates:
01-JUL-2017 Update:
GB opening soon.

Awyeah, looking at the new renders weight design will indeed be cut out? :D

Offline zzyjayfree

Updates:
01-JUL-2017 Update:
GB opening soon.

Affirmative

Offline zzyjayfree

Updates:
01-JUL-2017 Update:
GB opening soon.

I assume that brass plate is also an option with extra cost right?

How did I miss that, and yes brass plate is available

Offline rioc

Updates:
01-JUL-2017 Update:
GB opening soon.

Affirmative
*@#&-yeah!

Offline zzyjayfree

02-JUL-2017 Update:

GB thread submitted, pending approval. Order form available in GB thread.

Offline Arallu

In the album, thanks for the extra pics. What does "Film might be used" mean?

Offline rioc

02-JUL-2017 Update:

GB thread submitted, pending approval. Order form available in GB thread.
Can you link to the gb thread? I'm a lazy bastard ;)

Offline zzyjayfree

In the album, thanks for the extra pics. What does "Film might be used" mean?

Basically it means the pics might not be reflecting the true color

Offline zzyjayfree

GB thread approved: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90379.0#new

Offline Broadwell

Re: [IC] Custom Keyboard - Democratic Republic of MOON - GB open
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 08:53:14 »
Would I be able to see a comparison between the stainless/brass logo. Also, how about renders with the brass plate, brass weights, brass stripes? Also, is there an option for extra PCB?

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
Re: [IC] Custom Keyboard - Democratic Republic of MOON - GB open
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 09:18:30 »
glad this GB finally made it.