Author Topic: [GB] Satisfaction 75% - GB Ended, Fulfillment Early November  (Read 251418 times)

Offline upas

Re: [GB] Satisfaction 75% - Knob and OLED Screen, Opens May 6th, 6PM EDT
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 12:23:52 »
Hey everyone,

I'll be doing an audit of form submissions tonight to make sure that people who selected cloud white actually were able to add it to cart.
If you missed the cutoff, I will be emailing you for next steps / potential to cancel since you didn't get cloud white.

Also, if you missed the email for the form, please check your spam folder or promotions folder. Filling out the form is very important! And if you need to revise your selection, you can just resubmit.

I will be releasing a spreadsheet of order numbers to option selections so that everyone can double check what I have for them is correct. It will be released tonight, then updated again on Monday. As the group buy comes closer to a close, I will update more frequently.

EDIT: I will do this by tomorrow evening - tonight got taken up by some other stuff.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2019, 14:54:01 by upas »

Offline Rak8886

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 12:40:44 »
Why is cloud white option only limited to 40?

Offline upas

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 14:13:34 »
Why is cloud white option only limited to 40?

I posted this earlier on reddit:

The e-white finish is difficult. There are lower yields, and it costs more. Limiting the units decreases the chance that catastrophic things happen that could put the whole group buy at risk.

Trust me, if I could offer unlimited e-white spots, I would. Some group buy runners who live in China are able to do this, as they can actually go visit the factory in-person multiple times and have a tight communication loop. I’m in the US, so in order to ensure a smooth group buy, I had to limit the e white spots.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2019, 14:40:22 by upas »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 18:22:30 »
Hey upas, how many mill-max sockets are needed for the oled? And can you confirm if all the switch pin holes on the pcb fit the mill-max sockets as well?

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 19:45:30 »
Also, if you missed the email for the form, please check your spam folder or promotions folder. Filling out the form is very important! And if you need to revise your selection, you can just resubmit.

Was this email sent out already?  I checked my spam and promotions folders and I never got it.

Offline Clo_0lD

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 20:57:50 »

Was this email sent out already?  I checked my spam and promotions folders and I never got it.

The email was sent about a minute after I ordered.

Also, Upas, do you know if 7305 millmax sockets will fit the PCB?

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 05:21:20 »
The OLED screens works with 0305 Mill max hotswap sockets, so if you want to easily swap them, I highly recommend the sockets!

Offline upas

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 09:06:43 »

7305 and 0305 should work for switches. DMC is sending me some 7305 so I can test them on the OLED.
0305 confirmed works for the OLED.

I had a house fire and have been dealing with that recently. Everything and everyone is ok.
But as a result my form audit has been delayed. Hopefully soon!

Offline crd

• Discord: crd#7617
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 10:21:50 »

I had a house fire and have been dealing with that recently. Everything and everyone is ok.

Oh no! So sorry to hear about this. Sending good vibes.

Offline mta

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 12:22:23 »
Any plans to run this again in the future?

Offline nostr

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 12:30:58 »
Did I sleep on this board/cloud white? Feels bad man.

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 13:17:18 »
yah, there were a limited number of ewhite and they sold out in 2 mins. 

this GB will deliver in sept/oct.  so its gonna be a while before it runs again.

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 13:25:40 »
Any plans to run this again in the future?

If you are thinking of getting one, I'd get one now while they are still available instead of waiting on a 2nd round, which isn't something that is guaranteed to happen

Offline mta

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 13:29:29 »
I just wish this GB weren't being run right in the middle of all these other GB's -- especially since it's ending on the early side.

edit: Bought anyway oof
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2019, 14:26:02 by mta »

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 13:50:29 »
I don't think there are many units left in this round either, so definitely don't wait unless you really wanted white and are going to try to snap one up in the aftermarket.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 15:33:12 »
Do you guys think adding hotswap sockets to this keyboard is something I first time solderer should undertake or should I just solder switches on and be done with it? I'm new to keyboard/soldering. You know what I mean  ;)

Offline ppnp253

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 16:17:07 »
Do you guys think adding hotswap sockets to this keyboard is something I first time solderer should undertake or should I just solder switches on and be done with it? I'm new to keyboard/soldering. You know what I mean  ;)
I just recently made my first hotswap board with Mill Max sockets and it's not that difficult. You just need to make sure the switches are in correctly and that you don't use too much solder.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 06:40:37 »
Ok Thanks I’m going to install them then... I’m also going to buy a second board just in case  :thumb:

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 15:35:30 »
yo Upas. any source on maybe a flatter knob style ala the renders? those things look great with their coinciding keycaps

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 16:06:36 »
Ugh, still unsure whether to go with the blue or dark gray. Probably going to pair with the Metropolis so maybe blue would be better?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 16:27:56 »
Ugh, still unsure whether to go with the blue or dark gray. Probably going to pair with the Metropolis so maybe blue would be better?

Dark gray IMO. It'll also pair better with other sets if for some reason you were to put something else on the Satisfaction besides Metropolis.

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 16:36:39 »

Dark gray IMO. It'll also pair better with other sets if for some reason you were to put something else on the Satisfaction besides Metropolis.

Yeah I definitely considered the versatility of the dark gray. Now to decide on LED display... blue looks nice but again, less flexible with other sets.

Offline moonux

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 17:07:48 »
I'm going with dark blue for Metropolis as well. I think they're going to look amazing together, along with that brass knob. Every keyboard has a gray option, but I find this shade of blue less common. Of course, if this is end game, maybe gray is the better choice for its versatility.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 17:47:53 »
I'm going with dark blue for Metropolis as well. I think they're going to look amazing together, along with that brass knob. Every keyboard has a gray option, but I find this shade of blue less common. Of course, if this is end game, maybe gray is the better choice for its versatility.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I'm going with blue, also. Planning to pair with Calm Depths, but also have Metropolis coming, so that could be an option. I like sets with blue in them, so not too worried about versatility. You can't go wrong with the gray, though. Seems like you could pair it with just about anything. I went with a blue LED, but also grabbed a white spare, just in case.

Offline Clo_0lD

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 22:01:05 »

7305 and 0305 should work for switches. DMC is sending me some 7305 so I can test them on the OLED.
0305 confirmed works for the OLED.

Glad everyone is okay and the fire wasn't too bad over there.

Thanks for the info on the sockets. Also, I have one other question about the knobs and rotary encoder. Knobs meant for solid shaft pots would still fit the flat/d shaft pot of the S75 as long as they can be screwed in, right? I've found some guitar knobs that are good dimensions wise, but it says they are for solid and split shafts and I can't really find any info on their compatibility with the flat/d shaft pots.

Offline rondg

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 23:20:27 »
Anyone knows where to find Milmax sockets?

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 00:39:46 »
Anyone knows where to find Milmax sockets?

Group Buys on /r/mechmarket.
Or search for 0305 or 0705 millmax sockets on digikey or mouser.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 10:56:06 »
Just for clarification - what do I have todo by myself? Just soldering switches and adding stabs or anything else with encoder etc.?  Total noob here ;)

Offline rondg

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 16:44:26 »
Just for clarification - what do I have todo by myself? Just soldering switches and adding stabs or anything else with encoder etc.?  Total noob here ;)

I think that's basically it. You might want to test the pcb first before soldering anything. Download Switch Hitter, and short each key.

Offline ian13

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 20:37:04 »
Just to compare the blue color option, how does pantone 2767C differ with the rama M60-A Lake?

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #180 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 14:21:37 »
yo Upas. any source on maybe a flatter knob style ala the renders? those things look great with their coinciding keycaps

I would also like to know this. That blue flat encoder with the modern dolch in the render is amazing and I would love to get my hands on one.

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #181 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 14:31:34 »

I would also like to know this. That blue flat encoder with the modern dolch in the render is amazing and I would love to get my hands on one.

Best bet is to search for them. What I've been searching for are guitar knobs with a max outer diameter of 19mm and a shaft diameter of 6mm with some sort of screw mechanism to make sure it attaches to the alps encoder shaft
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 May 2019, 17:46:30 by KevlarBear »

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 17:05:48 »

The Abalone Version of these knobs look pretty nice, might have to pick some up one along with the Pearloid versions

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 18:50:03 »
I purchased an extra encoder so I can play around with cutting the top lower on the encoder myself and hence allow the knob to sit lower.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 21:19:00 »

The mini Domes on this site are pretty low and they come in a lot of diffrent top colors and finishes (you get the finish option when you click on one) they may be a good option.
https://www.qparts.com/index.php/knob/mini-dome.html

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 22:06:47 »
Show Image
Show Image

The mini Domes on this site are pretty low and they come in a lot of diffrent top colors and finishes (you get the finish option when you click on one) they may be a good option.
https://www.qparts.com/index.php/knob/mini-dome.html
Nice find, thanks!
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Clo_0lD

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 23:18:58 »
I think https://xentricguitars.com/ might be a good place for knobs. They have a ton of colors and some "novelties" that could be used to match specific builds and keycaps. There's even an eyeball knob that they have for sale... It looks like they also have an ebay store with good reviews too so that's good. Only downside I can see is that they only sell knobs in sets of 3 and I don't think you can mix-n-match them.

Offline ian13

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 04:53:55 »
Still can't decide on what color to choose.  :'( I'll be paring it with metropolis so I kind of think blue will be the best choice but my other self says that black will be a more universal color for my other keysets.
Damn, this hobby forces people to develop multiple personalities :-\

Offline booshi

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 11:14:51 »
Only blue is available. Cloud white has been sold out for a bit now.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 11:20:55 »
Only blue is available. Cloud white has been sold out for a bit now.

blue is not the only non-white color option

Offline upas

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 22:44:10 »
Hey everyone,

I performed the audit and public spreadsheet parsing today.

You can see the results here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ak-TL8ng2dmhJuuQSQ8STyjWctciFrhVIKanwmQ1qBE/edit?usp=sharing

There are a few orders that ordered cloud white that didn't buy the addon - I'll be reaching out to you shortly.
Similarly, there are some orders without any form submissions. You'll also be receiving an email from me soon!

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 22:53:54 »
snip

yo upas..any place to get a flat style knob like they are in the keeb renders?

Offline upas

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 23:01:10 »
Hopefully I can run a flat knob GB in the future, but I wouldn't take it as a sure thing.

AFAIK, A knob like that would have to be custom made. If anyone finds one in-stock somewhere, please let us know in this thread :)

Offline IggyL

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 09:00:00 »
Does this PCB support USB-C to USB-C cables?

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 09:42:02 »
Finally sat down and put together my order for extras. This'll be very exciting!

For the extra PCBs, since you have to solder the rotary encoder and the OLED screen to it, I was just wondering if that'll essentially just be like soldering switches? I have only soldered switches before and just wanted to check before I could potentially screw it up.

Offline upas

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 10:15:35 »
Does this PCB support USB-C to USB-C cables?

Yes, it does.

Finally sat down and put together my order for extras. This'll be very exciting!

For the extra PCBs, since you have to solder the rotary encoder and the OLED screen to it, I was just wondering if that'll essentially just be like soldering switches? I have only soldered switches before and just wanted to check before I could potentially screw it up.

It's just like soldering switches. Both are easy through hole parts :)

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 10:23:22 »

It's just like soldering switches. Both are easy through hole parts :)

Excellent news, thank you! Had to snag a couple extra PCBs so I could test out the plate options. Never used FR4 before, so I am excited.

Offline upas

Hey everyone,

The S75 Group buy is now officially sold out! The only way more units will be released is if someone doesn't submit options by the 20th.

I'll be updating the spreadsheet today, then every day from Friday to Monday.
Options will be locked after May 20th, 11:59PM EDT.

EDIT: The spreadsheet is updated. 11 orders still do not have options selected. I'll start sending more nag emails about it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 17:04:13 by upas »

Offline Tekniqs

Hey everyone,

The S75 Group buy is now officially sold out! The only way more units will be released is if someone doesn't submit options by the 20th.

EDIT: The spreadsheet is updated. 11 orders still do not have options selected. I'll start sending more nag emails about it.

nice! congrats man.

edit: how do we go about modifying our order? I went for a silver knob but thinking i should have probably gotten the black knob option.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 17:12:04 by Tekniqs »

Offline HekusuTekusu

Hey everyone,

nice! congrats man.

edit: how do we go about modifying our order? I went for a silver knob but thinking i should have probably gotten the black knob option.

When you first filled in your form, you should have received an email copy of your own responses and there should be an edit response at the top.
| Das 3 Ult MX BRW | PokerII MX BLK | KUL-ES87 MX CLR | Planck MX GRE | HHKB Pro JP |  CPSQ-1800 GAT BLK | HHKB Pro 2 | NYM96 GAT RED |