Author Topic: [GB] SA Oblivion - CONCLUDED  (Read 281342 times)

Offline online

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Massdrop Q3 2017, Updated June 7th 2017)
« Reply #600 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 07:48:59 »
What is the minimum of order of each kit? I wonder can the minila kit will have enough order to make it through to production. :-[

25, I'm putting my faith in the Asian community for that kit. If it doesn't tip, then its no real loss as that would not affect other layouts.
You got the right idea. one of the twenty-five Asian's here.  :D

Offline ctrl

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Massdrop Q3 2017, Updated 14.03.2017)
« Reply #601 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 07:48:11 »
- New kit, for those among you that get hard on LED's. Might not make it into the GB, I noticed on Carbon that the LED keys account for noticeable price differences between kits, so I have a bad feeling about this one. Going by the differences on Carbon kits, I would guesstimate this kit at 50+ dollars, but maybe I am wrong and not seeing some other factors, will get it priced and then decide.
Show Image

I don't get hard on underglow and backlight, but I do get hard on LED-windowed keys! ;D

That's a yes to the LED keys kit!

I wanted to join the SA Carbon drop partly because of the LED-windowed keys. Now I feel like maybe I should hold off until the SA Oblivion drops. My poor, poor wallet...

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #602 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 08:04:07 »
I don't get hard on underglow and backlight, but I do get hard on LED-windowed keys! ;D

I wanted to join the SA Carbon drop partly because of the LED-windowed keys. Now I feel like maybe I should hold off until the SA Oblivion drops. My poor, poor wallet...

WhyNotBoth.gif

But seriously, I would be interested in a LED window kit. Not sure if $50+ would be worth it personally, especially if it is for a max of 3 keys to be used. (Don't wanna start another Scroll Lock flame war)

Offline ctrl

« Reply #603 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 08:07:55 »

WhyNotBoth.gif

But seriously, I would be interested in a LED window kit. Not sure if $50+ would be worth it personally, especially if it is for a max of 3 keys to be used. (Don't wanna start another Scroll Lock flame war)

I'd be willing to dish out money on it. LED-windowed keys are so few and far between that I'd look into using the spares for other future layouts.

(There was a Scroll Lock flame war? Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to MKs.)

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #604 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 08:13:44 »

WhyNotBoth.gif

I'd be willing to dish out money on it. LED-windowed keys are so few and far between that I'd look into using the spares for other future layouts.

There's just an ongoing idea of Scroll Lock and Caps Lock (and sometimes Num Lock for boards without numpad) being completely unneeded, and boards that are programmable should never have those keys. I personally use both, and have no issues with them or other people that use or don't use them. That's why the boards are programmable, you can make them whatever you want.

But I would really be interested in a HJKL VIM pack, if that could be a thing.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #605 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 08:14:27 »
I'd like to suggest a 1u AltGr key, if it's possible.

The 1.25u/1.5u Alt Graph keys already included will be great for full size/TKL keyboards and would work with some 60/65% boards, however, AltGr is usually situated directly to the right of the spacebar and if you're doing a build less than TKL in size and want to include a bottom right arrow cluster, that key will be 1u in size.

It's certainly something I'd love seeing included in a keyset. :)

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #606 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 08:15:24 »
This kit is <3 <3 <3 Im so scared that when it drops I won't have enough money to buy ALL the programming themed keysets :)) Oblivion Alphas, Git modifiers, Git specialties, assemly, 40 bit, colevorak, and communities :)) Ohhhh maaaaaan. To think that I have a razer blackwidow tkl and a plank. What am I going to do with all the other keys? I have no idea and I don't care  :)) :)) :))

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #607 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 08:16:59 »

Maybe potatowire can get on it? At the moment he just closed his sale for his green vimcaps and put up a sale for carbon themed vimcaps.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 June 2017, 08:31:28 by Hazzula »

Offline ctrl

« Reply #608 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 08:23:24 »

WhyNotBoth.gif

There's just an ongoing idea of Scroll Lock and Caps Lock (and sometimes Num Lock for boards without numpad) being completely unneeded, and boards that are programmable should never have those keys. I personally use both, and have no issues with them or other people that use or don't use them. That's why the boards are programmable, you can make them whatever you want.

I see. And I agree with you. I'd like to squeeze all of them into a 60% for locking function layers etc. and pair them with MX lock switches.

+1 VIM kit! Feels like it could be relevant for this set.

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #609 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 22:44:00 »
Hmm just realized that I'm going to have to find a 6u spacebar somewhere else. Anyone got suggestions? :))

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #610 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 20:46:43 »
are the LED windowed keys tripleshot or pad printed or what?

Offline potatowire

« Reply #611 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 12:08:22 »

WhyNotBoth.gif

I see. And I agree with you. I'd like to squeeze all of them into a 60% for locking function layers etc. and pair them with MX lock switches.

I will see what I can do!

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #612 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 12:24:20 »

WhyNotBoth.gif

I will see what I can do!

I was considering green VIM caps like they've been done before, but I feel fully colored keys do not fit in with the colored Mod kits (Oblivion and Git), I tried that with the HoneyCadet accent keys and it looked terrible, so I don't think green keys will fit besides Monochrome, but HJKL with arrows and maybe the VIM logo on ESC in red and green on R3 1.75? I don't wanna add another kit to the MD GB (I'm already thinking of adding another different one). We can draw something up and see how it looks, no objections from me in that regard!

Offline Arallu

« Reply #613 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 12:28:08 »
He did beige and orange for Carbon: https://vimcaps.com/

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #614 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 12:29:46 »

Yeah I know, I would be okay with those, just not GAL legends on VAT base or so (except for the use on Monochrome sets)

Offline potatowire

« Reply #615 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 12:38:36 »

Yeah I know, I would be okay with those, just not GAL legends on VAT base or so (except for the use on Monochrome sets)

My Vimcaps piece of this would hinge completely on your creator approval (colors and the rest), but I figured it would be separate from the Drop. You have enough to worry about.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #616 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 12:42:12 »
I think you are on the right track Oblotzky, VIM caps would look good with this set if the color scheme matches

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #617 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 15:35:24 »
What's the chances of the manila kit actually being produced? 

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #618 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 16:08:43 »

I think 25 is doable. The main problem here is that most sales will come from Asia, so the numbers won't show up on MD until the last day. I'll try to get those numbers and communicate them to the MD talk page or so.

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #619 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 03:56:45 »

I think 25 is doable. The main problem here is that most sales will come from Asia, so the numbers won't show up on MD until the last day. I'll try to get those numbers and communicate them to the MD talk page or so.

I've been looking for an excuse to buy a manila and this could be it.

Offline bun

« Reply #620 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 08:15:07 »
Ordered some carbon vimcaps from potatowire earlier today  :D

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #621 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 08:22:50 »

My Vimcaps piece of this would hinge completely on your creator approval (colors and the rest), but I figured it would be separate from the Drop. You have enough to worry about.

Yeah I think GAL on VAT would be too much. VAT on GD for Oblivion alphas may look good. As for Hagoromo alphas, VAT on WFK would not show up well enough. Not enough contrast. Then again GAL on VAT may look good with Hagoromo... May need some renders to really figure it out. I think both Oblotzky and potatowire will figure out something that's worthwhile. This is one of the best sets for VIM caps, and it should be done.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #622 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 10:20:20 »
Monochrome Assembly plssss  :confused: to top it off, with honeywell accent too  :p

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #623 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 10:52:10 »
Monochrome Assembly plssss  :confused: to top it off, with honeywell accent too  :p

I wish, I really wish I could just do all the kits in all the variations. I've been eyeing to do it for Ergodox because of how good it sells in SA drops, but Planck kits are about half of Ergodox and 40% even less. I'm still waiting on pricing for now, I have no idea what the current Ergodox kit will even sell at. I feel like if I add any more Monochrome stuff, I might as well just split it off from Oblivion alltogether and wait half a year to drop it seperately...

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #624 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 11:12:28 »

I feel like if I add any more Monochrome stuff, I might as well just split it off from Oblivion alltogether and wait half a year to drop it seperately...

Show Image

Wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also, that render looks really nice... I could pair it with Round 6 keys :o
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #625 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 11:17:49 »

I wish, I really wish I could just do all the kits in all the variations. I've been eyeing to do it for Ergodox because of how good it sells in SA drops, but Planck kits are about half of Ergodox and 40% even less. I'm still waiting on pricing for now, I have no idea what the current Ergodox kit will even sell at. I feel like if I add any more Monochrome stuff, I might as well just split it off from Oblivion alltogether and wait half a year to drop it seperately...

Show Image

Damn mate this Ergodox kit is effin dope! Now I'm officially love monochrome honeywell more than the original concept lol. Quite sure will pick it up although I don't have ergodox. Seems like I can use most of the 1u for planck/preonic.

Offline bitranch

« Reply #626 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 09:55:37 »

I've been eyeing to do it for Ergodox ...

Show Image

Now that I see it, I far prefer the color asm over the mono. The mono — especially with the honeywell accents — feels to me like it's a different design from the Oblivion theme. (Or maybe I just spend too much time beating on code in a color-themed editor.)

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #627 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:00:21 »
It's officially Q3.

WHEN?! :P

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #628 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 06:33:56 »
I've picked up a Manila based on nothing but the hopes the oblivion manila set actually happens. I could have bought it after this drops but where would be the fun in that ?

Edit: I can't find any evidence the Manila kit was ever planned... I checked the official project page and it's not there. Now I'm wondering where I even saw it to begin with???
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 July 2017, 06:52:17 by Lazylewis »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #629 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 06:56:11 »
I've picked up a Manila based on nothing but the hopes the oblivion manila set actually happens. I could have bought it after this drops but where would be the fun in that ?

Edit: I can't find any evidence the Manila kit was ever planned... I checked the official project page and it's not there. Now I'm wondering where I even saw it to begin with???

You saw it on the previous page: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84978.msg2440106#msg2440106

Don't worry, it's been sent to SP for pricing and unless something is bonkers, it will be in the GB.

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #630 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 15:26:50 »
Yes! What a relief. I'll put this one over the line myself if I have to.

Offline tototoru

« Reply #631 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 08:36:20 »
I know kits are locked but is there any chance to add another 2u to Ergodox like the Carbon SA ?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #632 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 08:58:21 »
I know kits are locked but is there any chance to add another 2u to Ergodox like the Carbon SA ?

For what purpose? What Ergodox needs a third 2u on the thumb cluster?

Offline tototoru

« Reply #633 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 14:33:19 »
I'm asking for my custom keyboard MKPedalion I'm building :D , but might work for regular Ergodoxes just to have more options like the Carbon SA, maybe the third one in WFK or GD. I understand you can't do that just for me but maybe if more people are interested in such option.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #634 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 15:11:27 »
I'm asking for my custom keyboard MKPedalion I'm building :D , but might work for regular Ergodoxes just to have more options like the Carbon SA, maybe the third one in WFK or GD. I understand you can't do that just for me but maybe if more people are interested in such option.

I'd add a blank GQM (modifier color) at most to represent the spacebar, but GD or WFK won't happen since by design only GQM keys have colored legends.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #635 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 15:20:00 »
Absolutely gutted at all the international kits getting bundled together, I understand the reasoning for doing it though. Would it not be possible to include left shift, iso enter and two blanks in the correct profile in the alphas and mod kits? Or possibly a simple iso kit for people that don't need all the exact perfect legends? I just find it a bit annoying having to pay a lot of money for a kit that I only want 5 or so keys from and the rest are useless to me?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #636 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 15:36:03 »
Absolutely gutted at all the international kits getting bundled together, I understand the reasoning for doing it though. Would it not be possible to include left shift, iso enter and two blanks in the correct profile in the alphas and mod kits? Or possibly a simple iso kit for people that don't need all the exact perfect legends? I just find it a bit annoying having to pay a lot of money for a kit that I only want 5 or so keys from and the rest are useless to me?

I'll wait for pricing of the current kits before I make any more decisions in that regard. I have a date with Yanbo on thursday

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #637 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 17:28:14 »

I'll wait for pricing of the current kits before I make any more decisions in that regard. I have a date with Yanbo on thursday

No worries, thanks for considering it.

Offline tototoru

« Reply #638 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 17:59:56 »

I'd add a blank GQM (modifier color) at most to represent the spacebar, but GD or WFK won't happen since by design only GQM keys have colored legends.

Thanks, awesome work.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #639 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 01:45:07 »
Hmm, is META a valid substitute for FN keys? It's currently in place of the bottom row MENU key, and people would be using it in the same spot still if they used it for a function layer. And the Minila kit has a second META key to cover the two FN keys the Minila has. Thoughts?

Reason is, I've abandoned FUNC, just makes me think of a 80s disco set with FUNKY keys or so. So R4 1u in Extension and stepped capslock replacement have been changed to FN, while bottom row (R3) 1u in extension and 1.25u in modifiers has been changed to META, chosen for better aesthetics when in line with the other 3-4 lettered legends.

PS: We're very close  ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 August 2017, 02:20:10 by Oblotzky »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #640 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 07:07:55 »
Hmm, is META a valid substitute for FN keys? It's currently in place of the bottom row MENU key, and people would be using it in the same spot still if they used it for a function layer. And the Minila kit has a second META key to cover the two FN keys the Minila has. Thoughts?

Show Image

Show Image

Reason is, I've abandoned FUNC, just makes me think of a 80s disco set with FUNKY keys or so. So R4 1u in Extension and stepped capslock replacement have been changed to FN, while bottom row (R3) 1u in extension and 1.25u in modifiers has been changed to META, chosen for better aesthetics when in line with the other 3-4 lettered legends.

Hey, what kit will have the 1.75 R4 R-shift at the end? 

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #641 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 07:09:57 »

Show Image

Show Image

The Extension kits

oblotzky.github.com/sa-oblivion is currently up to date in regards to kits, and is locked in once I've cleared up the FN vs META issue or non-issue

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #642 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 08:36:38 »
Well meta does sound better than func.. i agree that it does fit the aesthetic better. And i think other SA kits use meta as well

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #643 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 08:42:52 »

Aww man I hope its after the middle of the month :)) Wallets empty after paying the bills :))

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #644 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 08:44:38 »

Aww man I hope its after the middle of the month :)) Wallets empty after paying the bills :))

MD doesn't do two sets simultaneously, and XDA Godspeed just launched with 3 weeks of GB ;)

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #645 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 08:48:17 »
MD doesn't do two sets simultaneously [...]

...anymore ;)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #646 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 09:35:40 »
MD doesn't do two sets simultaneously [...]

...anymore ;)

Learning from mistakes in logistics and the number of participants is a *lot* larger than back then.

Offline Arallu

« Reply #647 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 09:43:15 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:12:26 by Arallu »

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #648 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 09:44:28 »

MD doesn't do two sets simultaneously, and XDA Godspeed just launched with 3 weeks of GB ;)
Awesome! Thanks for giving us more clues about the GB date. Gives me time to prepare :D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #649 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 09:53:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

The Extension kits

oblotzky.github.com/sa-oblivion is currently up to date in regards to kits, and is locked in once I've cleared up the FN vs META issue or non-issue

:(

So no way to remove ONE  of the extra 1.75u r3 and add it in r4?   (since surely is more popular a r4 1.75 than an extra function or control 1.75 r3)