Author Topic: Acrylic Tenkeyless Keyboard Casing for Phantom, Filco & QFR etc.  (Read 96603 times)

Offline marq

Re: Acrylic Tenkeyless Keyboard Casing for Phantom, Filco & QFR etc.
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 23:14:16 »
It is only a few more days for me till the 45 days limit to file a dispute. If i dont like what i see till monday. I think we should go ahead and cancel it?

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 23:33:51 »
marq, I am in a similar position. I have until around the end of next week.

The thing is, I REALLY want this case so I want the gb to succeed. takaki seemed to have really good communication at the beginning of this. And I don't think there's actually a lot of people who have paid, so I don't think it is a scam. Plus he has posted a lot of pictures of actual cases in development. The fact that he had shipped a prototype to Rendom who supplied feedback is what made me feel ok to go ahead and pay.

My heart says give him more time, but my brain says otherwise. I think it's a tough call right now, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer. I do understand though that the deadline to open a dispute with PayPal is drawing near for some. On an individual level, you gotta do what you gotta do, but I am willing to wait just a bit longer. I have just sent a PM and another email to him explaining that we need some sort of update and that no news is worse than bad news.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 05:15:52 »
It's a real shame that people seem to make GBs in a period when they are busy or have holidays etc... Even if your in hospital through an accident unless your in a coma you should be able to ask someone to post here on your behalf as is your responsibility as a GB runner.

Maybe (following one of the admins posts) GBs should have more stringent rules about who can set them up and run them.

I've been thinking about which colour of this case to order but due to lack of updates just assumed it was another abandoned GB... :/

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 07:48:15 »
Eh, I just PM'ed him. If I don't hear anything by the end of the day I'm dropping out and filing a paypal dispute.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Rendom

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 08:52:05 »
I got this reply on the 22nd. I just emailed him asking if something went wrong, and still waiting for a reply.

Hi x,

Sorry for the no reply over the past few days or week. I've been extremely busy with everything. Sorry for making you feel worried, as promised here is the photos before i ship it out, you can check the corners to see for damages and everything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8orqex0pk7xs16u/2013-08-22%2009.55.08.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/shybm7icqzezwzv/2013-08-22%2009.55.16.jpg

I also need you to confirm your new shipping address with me again.

With many apologies,
x

QFR - MX Blue

Offline takaki

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 09:22:17 »
Hi guys, sorry for not replying or updating you guys here. I'm pretty much overwhelmed by whats going on IRL and the frustrating problems I've encountered with this GB.

I've received some of the cases from the manufacturer and there were some issue like the bottom layer hole size was wrong and I couldn't thread the holes properly for the screws. I had to send them back and get a new batch of bottom layers. And now my threading tool just broke when I'm a few cases in. Great, I have to get a new one.

I've updated most of the people who emailed me ( sorry mr bedwell !!) I'm at 90% completion and the remaining task is really just to thread the bottom layer properly.
I'll take a picture of the whole lot of cases I have with me on monday/tuesday and update you guys again. It is already made, I did not run away with your moolahs, if you are worried about that.

The broken tool and a fit test of a brand new unpeeled toxic green case

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 09:26:06 »
Thanks for finally replying. Sorry to hear about all these issues. Hopefully everything will work out in the end.

I will place my order when everything is sorted out on your side :)

Offline jabar

« Reply #257 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 09:30:49 »
those of us who submitted orders and not invoiced yet will be next in the queue?

thanks for the update. everyone here is happy to hear from you.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline kekkon

« Reply #258 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 09:32:44 »
Hi guys, sorry for not replying or updating you guys here. I'm pretty much overwhelmed by whats going on IRL and the frustrating problems I've encountered with this GB.

I've received some of the cases from the manufacturer and there were some issue like the bottom layer hole size was wrong and I couldn't thread the holes properly for the screws. I had to send them back and get a new batch of bottom layers. And now my threading tool just broke when I'm a few cases in. Great, I have to get a new one.

I've updated most of the people who emailed me ( sorry mr bedwell !!) I'm at 90% completion and the remaining task is really just to thread the bottom layer properly.
I'll take a picture of the whole lot of cases I have with me on monday/tuesday and update you guys again. It is already made, I did not run away with your moolahs, if you are worried about that.
Show Image

The broken tool and a fit test of a brand new unpeeled toxic green case

Glad to see you are back, I hope you can send me an invoice after this . :)

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #259 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 10:06:02 »
Thanks for replying.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter

Offline Kit-Bar

« Reply #261 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:01:51 »
This GB still open to orders right? I been thinking of ordering. Kinda a noob but i think i can figure out how to put these together. Can anyone explain what is involved? :D
Thanks!

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #262 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:03:33 »
This GB still open to orders right? I been thinking of ordering. Kinda a noob but i think i can figure out how to put these together. Can anyone explain what is involved? :D
Thanks!

Yeah, it sounds like we missed the boat on this one. That is very, very unfortunate.

You might to mark this one closed if you're not taking orders.
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline Kit-Bar

« Reply #263 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:44:32 »
Thanks!

Yeah, it sounds like we missed the boat on this one. That is very, very unfortunate.

Dang. I was really looking for something like this

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #264 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:48:35 »
Thanks!

The OP just gave an update but no one said this was over or that orders were closed.

Offline Kit-Bar

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 16:04:03 »
So orders open?
And could someone explain how intensive this is to put together? I assume if you go with the TKL Filco or QFR you can avoid all soldering if any is required.
I assume all you require is to open the stock keyboard and transfer the PCB.
What is the teensy exposed mean?
Im sorry im pretty new here but this is interesting and i love the acrylic boards. They look really nice and I have the money to spend.
One last thing, if we want LEDs in the keyboard, how would you recommend going about ordering and putting this together? I want to avoid soldering because I do not really know how to.
Haha If you have any advice Id love to hear it. I would order a set for myself if I can understand what the assembly requires.
Thanks!!

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 16:35:42 »
Ray, you're right, nobody said orders were closed, but we obviously missed round 1. The plates are ordered and shipped, and he's having issues getting round one squared away. No matter how you look at it, considering how long round 1 has been running, it'll be a very significant amount of time before round 2 is up and running, let alone working payments or shipping product.

Myself, the the others who has posted, have missed the boat. Presumably when round two is up, our orders having been submitted already, will go towards it, but I refuse to look that far ahead right now, considering we don't even have an end in sight for getting R1 shipped.

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #267 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 16:40:44 »
So orders open?
And could someone explain how intensive this is to put together? I assume if you go with the TKL Filco or QFR you can avoid all soldering if any is required.
Im sorry im pretty new here but this is interesting and i love the acrylic boards. They look really nice and I have the money to spend.
One last thing, if we want LEDs in the keyboard, how would you recommend going about ordering and putting this together? I want to avoid soldering because I do not really know how to.
Haha If you have any advice Id love to hear it. I would order a set for myself if I can understand what the assembly requires.
Thanks!!

If it wasn't clear, this is only the case for the keyboard. You'll need to supply your own keyboard guts. That being said, you can pick up a keyboard that already has LEDs, take off the case, toss 'er in one of these bad boys, tighten the screws and you're golden.

Putting one of these together is as easy as setting the plates of acrylic atop eachother, lining up the holes, putting in the bolt, and tightening it down, so the technical difficulty here is, well, nil.

If you have a Filco or QFR, you can take it directly out of the stock case, and put it in one of these bad boys, but specify when you order this, that you're using a stock board.

Offline Kit-Bar

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 16:45:10 »
So orders open?
Thanks!!
If it wasn't clear, this is only the case for the keyboard. You'll need to supply your own keyboard guts. That being said, you can pick up a keyboard that already has LEDs, take off the case, toss 'er in one of these bad boys, tighten the screws and you're golden.

Putting one of these together is as easy as setting the plates of acrylic atop eachother, lining up the holes, putting in the bolt, and tightening it down, so the technical difficulty here is, well, nil.

If you have a Filco or QFR, you can take it directly out of the stock case, and put it in one of these bad boys, but specify when you order this, that you're using a stock board.
Okay thank you very much!
So any TKL Filco will work?
Thanks again

Offline gizzard

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 01:10:00 »
Thanks for the reply.  Take the time needed to get it right, just keep us updated and im sure everyone will be super supportive!

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #270 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 06:55:22 »
Thanks takaki. I will now patiently wait.

Offline pasph

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 08:59:31 »
Thanks for the update takaki, really need these cases!
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Rendom

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 00:48:46 »
That's all I can do to help.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline AndyCapets

• I have a French ANSI keyboard, kiss me now.
    • YouTube!
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 20:01:32 »
Where is my money when I need it...
Hopefully you'll still have some at the end of the year!
I don't I like broccoli.

Offline nebo

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 20:49:19 »
I still haven't paid my invoice, is it possible to confirm what it is one last time before I do?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 15:05:15 »
can we get updated status of this group buy? i have interest in getting one of these but the lack of communication is keeping me from joining.

1. are you still accepting orders?
2. updated MOQ stats on the acrylic colors
3. Has production started?

Offline jabar

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 18:24:59 »
i have yet to receive an invoice (about two weeks now).
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline takaki

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 06:50:13 »
I still haven't paid my invoice, is it possible to confirm what it is one last time before I do?

Can I have your name or part of your email to confirm your submission ?

can we get updated status of this group buy? i have interest in getting one of these but the lack of communication is keeping me from joining.

1. are you still accepting orders?
2. updated MOQ stats on the acrylic colors
3. Has production started?

1. Yup, I don't want to confirm additional orders until I completed the 1st batch.
2. Just updated.
3. It is an on going production, MOQ is only required to purchase the big pieces of acrylic sheets.

Offline takaki

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 07:01:12 »
Some updates:

What is in the picture
Feets consisting
2 x hollow centre feets
1 x full piece feets

Bottom layer

Top layer ( standard 87 keys with leds )

Body consisting:
3 x equal sized centre piece
2 x smaller sized centre hole with holes for cabling

Accessories:
4x 30mm screws for securing the upper of the case ( ref from the top layer flat being on the table )
4x 20mm screws for securing the lower part of the case ( ref from the top layer flat being on the table )
(8x 20mm if you didn't order the feets)
1x motherboard standoff and screw pair
2x stick on rubber feets ( not in the picture )

Offline takaki

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 07:03:29 »
Motherboard standoff

Offline Sai

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 10:42:04 »
they look nice !!!  :thumb:
hopefully you can post some pictures of winkeyless too if there is any changes. i am patiently waiting for it ! also , please help me confirm my order. :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 September 2013, 11:35:56 by Sai »
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 22:34:59 »
Looking good.

Hopefully, we can see some of these on some keyboards soon.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #282 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 03:48:35 »
How long will you be taking orders for? Also, what exactly comes with the "body"?
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #283 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 16:08:10 »
Is it too late to get in on this GB?  I had intended to get a Skeldon for my Phantom but I didn't have the money when the time came and now I need to put it into something else.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #284 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 16:10:29 »
Is it too late to get in on this GB?  I had intended to get a Skeldon for my Phantom but I didn't have the money when the time came and now I need to put it into something else.

according to his answer to me this is ongoing and he is accepting new orders but is not going to start invoicing until round 1 is complete. looks like he is doing this in waves.

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 11:46:21 »
Ok noob question here
I got hooked on making a QFR because of the contest yay~
So far I have my top, pbc, plate, controller, switches and keys.
I ordered the top from CM and want to make a complete QFR.
Would I need to order feet and a bottom or feet, bottom and body from you to complete the keyboard?

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 12:27:58 »
Ok noob question here
I got hooked on making a QFR because of the contest yay~
So far I have my top, pbc, plate, controller, switches and keys.
I ordered the top from CM and want to make a complete QFR.
Would I need to order feet and a bottom or feet, bottom and body from you to complete the keyboard?
this will would NOT be compatible with the top of a QFR case, you would have to buy a full acrylic case for your QFR to fit.

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 15:28:37 »
Just posted an order. Finally pulling the trigger on making a phantom. Was just looking for the tight case.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline Rendom

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 02:34:05 »
Not sure what happened to takaki.. he stopped replying to my email and haven't shipped the case yet. : /
QFR - MX Blue

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #289 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 02:35:31 »
Is he still taking orders?
Keyboards Owned:

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 02:39:09 »
Not sure what happened to takaki.. he stopped replying to my email and haven't shipped the case yet. : /
he still hasn't responded to any of my emails :( i sent one before the last update then another right after his update here, still no response to either

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 11:07:36 »
Well apparently Sai got his case... http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34909.msg1035761#msg1035761

Looks really good I think.

Sai, if you read this, would you care to elaborate on your comments about the screws?

Offline nebo

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 12:50:40 »
he still hasn't responded to any of my emails :( i sent one before the last update then another right after his update here, still no response to either

I just talked to him a few days ago, he is still quite active on this.

Offline Sai

« Reply #293 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 13:25:44 »
Well apparently Sai got his case... http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34909.msg1035761#msg1035761

Looks really good I think.

Sai, if you read this, would you care to elaborate on your comments about the screws?

here are a few issues that i found after assembling.

1. Screw holes at the lower part of case are a bit bigger than the screws (20mm). So, the thing here is you can force the screws into the holes without the screwdriver and they will stay there loosely.

2. Motherboard standoff - place it at the rightmost hole of the case to prevent the PCB from moving too much in the case.

3. Need to shave a bit more of the inner part of the case' left side. can't use the keycaps and need to move the PCB a bit.

hope this is good enough to read. i'am off to bed now after watching apple live blog and may be i can give a better answer in the morning.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline takaki

« Reply #294 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 01:55:31 »
as mentioned to sai, the screw holes are smaller than the screw so it fits tightly. My threading tool is unreliable and it strips the acrylic a little too quickly. This way is much easier and sturdier in the long run.

2. 3x Motherboard standoff will be given to sai to double check if problem still persist.

3. ^ problem solvable by forcing the pcb to not shake within the case.

Offline takaki

« Reply #295 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 01:55:46 »
Many of you will be receiving the picture of your set soon.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #296 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 01:57:13 »
Is it still possible to order?
Keyboards Owned:

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #297 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 05:18:32 »
How do clear feet looks like? Maybe a pic will be good.

Offline BimboBB

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 05:26:39 »

\o/

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #299 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 15:51:43 »
awesome, i hope im one of them :)