Author Topic: GMMK review (Kailh BOX Pink)  (Read 10992 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
GMMK review (Kailh BOX Pink)
« on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 06:13:03 »
Today we finally look at BOX Pink switches (including the stem issue) as well as one of the more well-known hot-swappable keyboards; the Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard. Hope you enjoy the video!

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline mkkeyboardvigilante

• Location: Atlanta, GA, thocking, clicking, and clacking away depending on my mood
Re: GMMK review (Kailh BOX Pink)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 23:15:26 »
You got me very curious about these and other box Kailh switches. I'll keep them in mind if I ever feel like trying something new like that.
Current driver: HHKB Pro 2 (BKE Ultra Lights), Wooting One w/ Flaretech Red switches and HyperX PBT keycaps.

Other keyboards I own and like: Realforce 87U Variable Weight, Realforce 87U 55g, Niz Plum, Magicforce 108 Gateron Reds w/ O-Rings.

Other keyboards I have: Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, Havit Low-Profile Kailh Blue, Logitech K740,
Yeah, it's a loooooooooooot of keyboards. :P

Offline Slurm76

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 15:35:01 »
Today we finally look at BOX Pink switches (including the stem issue) as well as one of the more well-known hot-swappable keyboards; the Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard. Hope you enjoy the video!

I love your reviews and this is not a exception but I would like to know more about the keyboard, is it worth?, it flex?, it can be used as a daily driver keyboard?

Keep doing the good work!

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 15:59:01 »

I love your reviews and this is not a exception but I would like to know more about the keyboard, is it worth?, it flex?, it can be used as a daily driver keyboard?

Keep doing the good work!
I'd say it's a pretty average board. It's okay, but nothing special (much like most modern, commercial keyboards).
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline flurryvelvet

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 21:50:36 »

The BOX Pink switches sound very nice, but nothing compared to the Alps

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 14:08:32 »
Do you find the switches feel less solid since it's not actually soldered on the PCB (being modular and all)?  Or it's close enough that it's not too noticeable?

Also are the Cherry stabilizers "mushy" or are they "clipped" already?  But I'd imagine even if they're not, probably pretty easy to mod them.

Thanks!

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Benitone

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 04:05:56 »
I own two different gmmk keyboards, and I can say that they are the best thing ever happened in this hobbyst world in the last years.

They're a joy to use, they're programmable, and quite high quality. The 100% keyboard, unlike the smaller ones, has a fixed cable; this is the only thing that I would change.

I they ever make a cnc solid keyboard, compatible with some of the existing pcbs, they will put out of business 99% of the hobbist vendors.
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 August 2019, 04:07:37 by Benitone »