Author Topic: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 100% SHIPPED, RED RIOT SHIPPING]  (Read 124070 times)

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 100% SHIPPED, RED RIOT SHIPPING]
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 11:58:38 »
Mine finally came in today, chucked it on my GH60 for now with Vintage Blacks in a Red Case with a TH esc key. Looks and feels pretty nice. Just had to put tape on the stabs on the Enter key.

Show Image

in the rain!?  u mad lad :eek:

Offline Mearaz

« Reply #601 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 11:13:17 »
Just got my red riot and its looks great but my Enter keycap has some issues, the stems are scratching against the stabilizers. Anyone else experience this with theirs?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #602 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 11:28:37 »
Just got my red riot and its looks great but my Enter keycap has some issues, the stems are scratching against the stabilizers. Anyone else experience this with theirs?

They might not be sitting on there right.  Make sure you push them down all the way on both sides.  Mine made a popping sound.  If you know they are on all the way, make sure one side isn't lifting off when you press the key.  Some people have needed to add plastic wrap or tape between the stabilizer cruciform and the keycap stem to tighten the fit.

Offline befbef

« Reply #603 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 11:52:58 »
Same. Tested the same stabilizer with gmk, epbt, cherry. Only the jtk enter makes problems.

Offline Mearaz

« Reply #604 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 12:07:09 »

They might not be sitting on there right.  Make sure you push them down all the way on both sides.  Mine made a popping sound.  If you know they are on all the way, make sure one side isn't lifting off when you press the key.  Some people have needed to add plastic wrap or tape between the stabilizer cruciform and the keycap stem to tighten the fit.

I tested it with my other stablizers and it has the same problem. If I use my GMK keycap, it has no issue. It might be an issue with the spacing of the stems because it wobbles.

Offline ProfCalamitus

« Reply #605 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 12:16:03 »

I tested it with my other stablizers and it has the same problem. If I use my GMK keycap, it has no issue. It might be an issue with the spacing of the stems because it wobbles.

I think Puddsy said in another thread that it's a problem due to the JTK molds -- not entirely sure though

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #606 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 12:44:51 »
So, mine did that too, but then I pressed down hard on the right side, where the left popped off.  But the right side made a snap.  Then I did the same thing on the left side.  Then I put it on again and it worked.  Weird, but it fixed the issue for me.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #607 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 19:48:20 »

I think Puddsy said in another thread that it's a problem due to the JTK molds -- not entirely sure though

this is correct
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #608 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 19:48:58 »
So, mine did that too, but then I pressed down hard on the right side, where the left popped off.  But the right side made a snap.  Then I did the same thing on the left side.  Then I put it on again and it worked.  Weird, but it fixed the issue for me.

is your stab wire still inserted into the stab?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline NitPik

« Reply #609 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 20:52:28 »
yea i dont know about you guys but pressing down until i hear a snap or pop is not ideal whatsoever

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #610 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 20:52:41 »

Good question.  It came out once but I fixed it. Haven’t checked recently

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #611 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 20:53:22 »
yea i dont know about you guys but pressing down until i hear a snap or pop is not ideal whatsoever

Well, they look awesome. It’s kinda ideal

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #612 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 22:20:47 »

Good question.  It came out once but I fixed it. Haven’t checked recently

that just reminds me of when i did something similar with my mira and gmk soware and that snap was my stab wire popping out

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #613 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 15:55:36 »
still waiting on status of extras (and also my sets)

Offline NitPik

« Reply #614 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 18:25:51 »
you dont even have your own set yet? thats rough buddy

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 19:22:50 »

We know which vendor he won't be using for his next GB...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #616 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 22:03:48 »

>implying i'll run another gb after this nightmare

Offline fireworm

« Reply #617 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 23:38:36 »

Yolch went alright didn't it?

Rr was the craziness...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #618 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 01:31:47 »

Yolch went alright didn't it?

Rr was the craziness...

original ship date for this gb was august (looking back this was unrealistic, but regardless), yolch shipped december, rr shipped march

i just want my sets so i can stop thinking about this gb

Offline PaultheSloth

• JW Double Black
« Reply #619 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 06:09:20 »
Got my set from switchmod, ordered 2 but only 1 came.  :(
Polaris|Leaf60|QXP|DC60|Planck|SKB60|Tokyo60|UT-47|AnnePro

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #620 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 16:18:53 »
Got my set from switchmod, ordered 2 but only 1 came.  :(

send them an email, that's not supposed to happen

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #621 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 13:31:54 »
I haven't had a chance to get a nice pic yet but red riot is lookin hella fresh
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #622 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 22:24:24 »
my last contact with zf was 3/3

and so my patience will be tested again

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #623 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 23:01:31 »

Is this why they're not shipping my TA 90 set? Because I ordered it a while back, and everybody else got it

Emailed a few times now.  :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #624 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 23:26:32 »

Is this why they're not shipping my TA 90 set? Because I ordered it a while back, and everybody else got it

Emailed a few times now.  :))

i'd believe it

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #625 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 17:43:39 »
If anyone has an open line of contact with Alex at ZF, please tell him to email me back. Thanks.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #626 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 21:27:10 »
If anyone has an open line of contact with Alex at ZF, please tell him to email me back. Thanks.

I hope they didn't sell yours on the Chinese market  :eek:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #627 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 22:09:18 »

I hope they didn't sell yours on the Chinese market  :eek:

buddha of jtk just emailed me to say he talked to them, so i should get an email soon

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #628 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 23:01:33 »
My sets have been shipped to me. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #629 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 14:05:33 »
No we just have to wonder if ZFrontier is ever going to list them for sale on their international site.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #630 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 17:08:52 »
red riot is simply an amazing set.  Every day I look at it in admiration. The color looks so awesome in the gray case I have it in.  The texture on the caps looks and feels better than any other abs set I've used.  I wish we could have more blank sets from JTK.  :(

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #631 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 13:38:59 »

dreams really do come true

if i hear about extras i'll let y'all know

my enter keys have that weird issue but i just tape tricked the holes that match up with the stabs and that solved it

Offline Rogue_Jellybean

« Reply #632 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 23:56:21 »

Got my new custom mousemat in today to match with the set (:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 00:31:22 »
Show Image

Got my new custom mousemat in today to match with the set (:

it's red, it's blank

it's perfect

Offline NitPik

« Reply #634 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 15:58:15 »
http://imgur.com/StZFty8 Finally found its new home!

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #635 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 16:37:50 »
That's a somewhat unusual use for a homing bump, but your profiles all look correctly arranged so I'm curious as to its purpose

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #636 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 22:12:16 »
So did ZFrontier end up keeping the extras for themselves??

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #637 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 22:25:11 »
So did ZFrontier end up keeping the extras for themselves??

haven't heard anything

Offline NitPik

« Reply #638 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 21:34:40 »
That's a somewhat unusual use for a homing bump, but your profiles all look correctly arranged so I'm curious as to its purpose

My set came scrambled even in the tray which was super annoying and it was the only key with that profile I could find at the time. It kinda grew on me and now I don’t have the heart to get rid of it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #639 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 21:40:08 »

My set came scrambled even in the tray which was super annoying and it was the only key with that profile I could find at the time. It kinda grew on me and now I don’t have the heart to get rid of it.

weird, both of my sets came in all lined up

Offline typischt

« Reply #640 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 09:07:16 »
This might diminish my chances to get a set myself, but I like you guys and also want to be a counter voice to the rumour that zfrontier sold all the extras at the chinese market.

I just received this email from alex from zfrontier (after asking for Red Riot extras):

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #641 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 12:25:33 »
This might diminish my chances to get a set myself, but I like you guys and also want to be a counter voice to the rumour that zfrontier sold all the extras at the chinese market.

I just received this email from alex from zfrontier (after asking for Red Riot extras):

Show Image

i like that they told you and not me

thank god they're finally here though

Offline typischt

« Reply #642 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 17:36:28 »

Show Image

Haha, that is strange.

But it‘s imo also how communication on zfrontier often works (i.e. Kira GB): You don‘t hear anything official and then someone who sent them an email informs all others. I‘m guessing that he / they saw the email and quickly spontaneously decided to give a short answer.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #643 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 19:50:41 »

Show Image

Haha, that is strange.

But it‘s imo also how communication on zfrontier often works (i.e. Kira GB): You don‘t hear anything official and then someone who sent them an email informs all others. I‘m guessing that he / they saw the email and quickly spontaneously decided to give a short answer.

tbf i haven't emailed them at all since i got my sets

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #644 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 00:27:19 »

Show Image

Haha, that is strange.

tbf i haven't emailed them at all since i got my sets

What a newb.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #645 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 22:34:36 »

nice

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #646 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 23:12:22 »
Wake me up please when Yolch is finally available for sale on ZFrontier  ;)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #647 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 23:21:23 »
Make it green

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #648 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 14:07:04 »
If you're looking for the extras from Zfrontier, they just listed them on their web site a few minutes ago.  Here's Yolch:

https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/inventory-sales/products/jtk-yolch

and here's Red Riot (yes, the url looks odd, but it really does pull up Red Riot):

https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/inventory-sales/products/copy-of-jtk-red-on-black

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #649 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 14:03:44 »
If you're looking for the extras from Zfrontier, they just listed them on their web site a few minutes ago.  Here's Yolch:

https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/inventory-sales/products/jtk-yolch

and here's Red Riot (yes, the url looks odd, but it really does pull up Red Riot):

https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/inventory-sales/products/copy-of-jtk-red-on-black

Oh nice

I missed this lmao