Author Topic: [IC] GMK Blink - GroupBuy is LIVE at TK.C! BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA~  (Read 116968 times)

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
Re: [IC] GMK Blink - GroupBuy Started on May at TK.C! BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA~
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 06:10:34 »
Ok so this is the final kit, if there are any critical/urgent things that makes them need to be adjusted, I will do it.
But for now, this is it:

Base Kit:
239161-0

Black Kit:
239163-1

Fans Kit:
239165-2

Space Kit:
239167-3

Let's make it happen :thumb:

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 08:13:26 »
I won't break the base kit again, I'm not into breaking kits too much like current trends, when I bought modern dolch light I ended up splurging more compared to old kits :-[
And I think the group buy spirit is to help the lower wanted keys too.

It's a fine line between offering enough keys/compatibility in the base kit for it to be considered good value, and the price getting too high and discouraging purchases for a wider audience. Though I totally get what you're saying as well, and it's cool to keep everything together if that's what you feel is best for the set :thumb:

As long as there's support for UK ISO, I'm in (R3 #~ and R4 \|)

Since this has been a bit of a contentious issue as of late, I'd like to address it by saying that you don't actually get UK ISO support with R3 #~ and R4 \|, as that makes only two out of the six alpha keys that are required (seven if you count 4$€). Now, it's up to the designer to decide if they're okay with this partial UK support, or if they want to go with a more neutral international variant. It is worth noting that, according to the results of the 2020 r/mk Megasurvey, UK people make up a good portion of the total surveyed ISO user base, but they are not the majority.

Especially for a set that takes inspiration from the Korean layout, I think it makes sense to keep the ₩ key close to its original position by the Enter key, which makes R3 \|₩ the better option. R4 <> then comes as a sensible conclusion that avoids having a duplicate \| legend on the second key (some UK users in particular have been vocal about not wanting duplicate legends).

Edit:
Ok so this is the final kit, if there are any critical/urgent things that makes them need to be adjusted, I will do it.

Looks good to me! Though I would suggest one last time that you replace accent Enter with accent Esc in the black kit, since Esc is the most commonly used (and arguably most neutral) accent key.
(On the other hand, keeping the pink Enter would allow me to have both it and a pink Esc artisan. Hmm...)
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 April 2020, 08:42:13 by konstantin »

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 08:26:50 »
Ah, only just realised the other UK ISO keycaps had been nixed from the final set. Unfortunate. Good luck with the set!

Offline tofulo

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 11:23:24 »
Love the updates to the fan kit. Def down for a black and fan kit now. Can't wait

Offline crappyfella

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 03:31:36 »
Hey any idea who the asian proxy will be?
perhaps Ilumkb ?
VE.A | UTD 360C |Tiamo V2 | Iron 165 | TX84v2 | S7 elephant

J02 | Hex.3C | 350mimi

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 02:14:19 »
This should be the finalized kit then? Super excited for this set! Tho I gotta agree that there really is a lot of keys in the base kit tho.. Afraid the price might be a little high, with all the additional space bars in the base kit. Would still go for the base kit none the less. Awesome design.

As for the black kit, An Accent Esc would be nice. Seems a little odd to just have an accent enter.

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 05:33:49 »
Find it mad that the ISO keys in the kit get changed based on the comments of one person but hey-ho

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 06:26:40 »
Find it mad that the ISO keys in the kit get changed based on the comments of one person but hey-ho

You're welcome to provide counterarguments.

Offline tofulo

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 12:13:27 »
As for the black kit, An Accent Esc would be nice. Seems a little odd to just have an accent enter.

Preach!

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #159 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 08:54:44 »

You're welcome to provide counterarguments.

If we look at this kit a page or so back:

And compare to the finalised one:

The keys removed total to 3 x R1 keys, 1 x R3 and 1 x R4. Now, I look at the current, finalised base kit and see that there's 2 x R1 Page Up and 2 x R2 Page Down keys in the main kit - I think you could probably cut 1 of the Page Up and 1 of the Page Down keys from the kit and add back in the 5 UK ISO keys that were removed.

Sure, I'm thinking about this more from my own point of view, but I was quite looking forward to this kit and was sad to see the keycaps I wanted being cut at the 11th hour.

Offline antx1701

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 09:07:22 »
Maybe it's too early in the morning, but I only see 1 x R1 PgUp and 1 x R2 PgDn.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 12:59:24 »
Show Image

Show Image

The keys removed total to 3 x R1 keys, 1 x R3 and 1 x R4. Now, I look at the current, finalised base kit and see that there's 2 x R1 Page Up and 2 x R2 Page Down keys in the main kit - I think you could probably cut 1 of the Page Up and 1 of the Page Down keys from the kit and add back in the 5 UK ISO keys that were removed.

Sure, I'm thinking about this more from my own point of view, but I was quite looking forward to this kit and was sad to see the keycaps I wanted being cut at the 11th hour.

Ah, apologies, I thought you were talking about the legends. As for the removal of keys, its obviously undesirable for UK users to have their keys removed, and I definitely understand that. However, this base kit is now more in line with what most GMK sets are running and what compatibility is expected as the norm that satisfies most use cases. The kits can't be too big or else the price will be high, too. And I think it's still going to be on the high side here because of the added space keys in base, so it would actually probably be better to keep removing keys (e.g. the 1u spacebar, the numpad 00, the PgUp/PgDn, the Any) rather than add them back. But at the end of the day, it's up to the designer to decide what they think is best for their set.

But for now, this is it:

Base Kit:
(Attachment Link)

I noticed this only just now, and I believe it's important. It may just be an oversight in the render, but it's best to check. The Any key you intended as a replacement for the Alice B needs to be R4 in order for that to be possible, but it's currently shown as R3 in the render. The pricing won't be affected if you've already gotten quotes, just make sure it's changed to R4 for the final renders and later when the order is submitted to GMK.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2020, 13:05:37 by konstantin »

Offline Poromancer

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 22:27:47 »
Any plans for deskmat? maybe a little to late

Offline bowen

• 20 • no my pfp isnt me
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 22:06:55 »

Really like the all black set, but wish they came with a pink esc and return at least. The flipped alphas in the novelties is a nice touch.

I'm thinking you can use the one on novelties as accent too, no?

The one I'm wondering right now is spacebar kit, pink spacebar kit hmm

Anyway, making some deskmat designs, thoughts?
I want to keep them clean and simple but still have a cohesive touch to the theme.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Seems there's plans, as for whether it's happening or not we have no idea.

Offline normie_irl

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 04:20:50 »
I think the Blackpink 'A', 'C' and 'N' might be better off being included in the base kit alongside normal typeface 'A', 'C' and 'N' as some might want to have the Blackpink typeface instead of the normal one but might only want to get the base kit and not the fan kit

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 04:24:22 »
Show Image

Show Image

Ah, apologies, I thought you were talking about the legends. As for the removal of keys, its obviously undesirable for UK users to have their keys removed, and I definitely understand that. However, this base kit is now more in line with what most GMK sets are running and what compatibility is expected as the norm that satisfies most use cases. The kits can't be too big or else the price will be high, too. And I think it's still going to be on the high side here because of the added space keys in base, so it would actually probably be better to keep removing keys (e.g. the 1u spacebar, the numpad 00, the PgUp/PgDn, the Any) rather than add them back. But at the end of the day, it's up to the designer to decide what they think is best for their set.

But for now, this is it:

Base Kit:
(Attachment Link)

I noticed this only just now, and I believe it's important. It may just be an oversight in the render, but it's best to check. The Any key you intended as a replacement for the Alice B needs to be R4 in order for that to be possible, but it's currently shown as R3 in the render. The pricing won't be affected if you've already gotten quotes, just make sure it's changed to R4 for the final renders and later when the order is submitted to GMK.

Yeah, I  wasn't sure about the inclusion of the extra spacebars and some of the numpad / PgUp PgDown stuff in the base kit, but I guess it's jebbra's call ultimately.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 10:20:22 »
I think the Blackpink 'A', 'C' and 'N' might be better off being included in the base kit alongside normal typeface 'A', 'C' and 'N' as some might want to have the Blackpink typeface instead of the normal one but might only want to get the base kit and not the fan kit
The base kit is big enough I even take out some keys out of them.

There will be one(s), don't worry!

Good catch, that's my fault, it supposed to be R4 like you said. I already info TK.C about that and we are supposed to be still good in term of price (which I don't know yet)

All in all, I know it will never be one kit that can satisfy everyone. There will always be some section of community that feel not benefitted from a kit but it's inevitable.
With this set, I think we will go with these kits. Hope everyone most of us will be satisfied with the kits.

And we got new renders btw  :cool:

Offline Noble_

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 14:25:05 »
Ah, only just realised the other UK ISO keycaps had been nixed from the final set. Unfortunate. Good luck with the set!

Sad to see these gone too, was looking forward to this set :(

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 14:25:58 »

Sad to see these gone too, was looking forward to this set :(

We mourn together, my friend haha.

Offline Cat Tails

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 14:27:07 »
Nice renders! Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why Hangeul double consonant legends are omitted?

Edit: Nvm, OP removed them to make it look less cluttered.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 April 2020, 14:36:33 by Cat Tails »

Offline tofulo

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 18:09:03 »
what case is in those last 3 renders?

Offline Vaudevi77ain

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 10:39:06 »
Where did the old renders go? Could you repost the one with Think6.5?

Offline Hanabi

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 00:19:51 »
Hi there, may I have the signature for this set? Not sure if I missed it or something  :D

Offline bowen

• 20 • no my pfp isnt me
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 00:21:12 »
Hi there, may I have the signature for this set? Not sure if I missed it or something  :D
Just take the one he has on his profile, that’s what I’ve done.

Offline jedidood

• aka neovisual
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 11:30:14 »
Sorry if this has been posted, does anyone know how long the group buy is gonna run?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Sorry if this has been posted, does anyone know how long the group buy is gonna run?

Firm group buy dates have yet to be announced.

Offline segami

Black kit hot

Offline HavocHybrid

Made an account just for this. Showed all of my friends were are insanely hyped to buy this right now.  :p

Offline abrokencondom

Black kit hot
I agree. I'm starting to lean towards the black kit, because it's a bit more neutral looking.

Offline Poromancer

Any updates on when will it go on GB? TKC site said May 2020, any idea when exactly?

Offline bk6u

I love the look of this set. I know I'm a bit late to the party, but another vote from me for the UK ISO keys if you're still considering changes or add-ons.

Offline Hanabi

GB starts on 15th May 9pm ET! Can't wait!

Offline segami

Let's go!

Offline Tyson

GB starts on 15th May 9pm ET! Can't wait!

Hype! Looks like I'll be joining next friday! :D

Offline Thinkbulb

• Hello! Welcome to my GH page
Glad to see an Indonesian designer present on gh!  :thumb:

Offline jedidood

• aka neovisual
Having trouble deciding which base kit to go for

Offline Doip

Personally, love the base add a little more pink to the kit. But I'll probably end up getting base fan and space kits.

Offline tjchoi2

No desk-mat planned?

Offline Hanabi

Going for the Base kit. I feel it's closer to the theme :D

Offline abrokencondom

Same. I know it's a bit late, and unlikely, but any renders of the black kit, with just a simple pink accent on the enter key (and esc with novelty)?

Now I'm now swinging back to the original base, because having more pink mods is just a bit more unique and closer to the whole theme concept.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
considering greypunk died i might be obligated to buy this
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jedidood

• aka neovisual
Gonna go for Base and Fan kit, most likely not the space kit tho..

So.. GMK Blink w/ Lisa... anyone?

Offline DeVita

Damn.. Just when I thought I was done.. Gotta get in on this GB.

Offline Hanabi

Seems like GB is on the 29th May now.

Offline tofulo

Awesome, do we know have a price yet?

Offline Zytjok

Super excited for this GB, hopefully it doesn't get delayed again. But given how popular PBT Islander was, maybe it was a good reason to delay, haha.

Offline abrokencondom

Well just in time for their supposed pre-release title in June.

Offline Tyson

Where are you getting this information from?

Offline Ryanticz

It's on the Key Company's group buy listing

Offline Tyson

It's on the Key Company's group buy listing

Sweet, I kind of wish they would have announced it here too...