Author Topic: Clack Valuation Thread  (Read 932535 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Clack Valuation Thread
« Reply #1300 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:09:41 »
What's the difference with the Mr Friday and Mr Friday and anyway just the eyes or are they a slightly different shade? :X

Hue, you might want to try that sentence again ;)
Holy poop autocorrected everything
What is the difference between the Mr Friday and Mr Friday Jr is it just the eyes or are they also a different shade of green

Totally different greens.  Mr Friday is a darker almost forest green, while Friday Jr is lighter with some blue, almost cyan-like.  People that actually possess these caps can probably describe them better tho.  :P

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1301 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:10:02 »
What's the difference with the Mr Friday and Mr Friday and anyway just the eyes or are they a slightly different shade? :X

What is the difference between the Mr Friday and Mr Friday Jr is it just the eyes or are they also a different shade of green

Mr Friday is more green, Jr is more aqua/cyan

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1302 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:10:29 »

I think Jr has eyes like the night owl as well.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1303 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:10:39 »

Different shade of greens & eyes.

« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:12:14 by dgneo »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1304 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:11:33 »

Yep, Jr has the gem-like eyes that are super reflective.  Mr has boring old regular eyes.  :))

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1305 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:18:41 »

Yep, Jr has the gem-like eyes that are super reflective.  Mr has boring old regular eyes.  :))

Stoopid boring Mr Friday!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1306 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 10:21:32 »

Stoopid boring Mr Friday!

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1307 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 11:13:27 »

Totally different greens.  Mr Friday is a darker almost forest green, while Friday Jr is lighter with some blue, almost cyan-like.  People that actually possess these caps can probably describe them better tho.  :P
Ahh right I knew about the eyes as I have the Jr and had seen the eyes I thought it might be the colour :p thank you for saying so
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #1308 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 11:27:25 »

Ahh right I knew about the eyes as I have the Jr and had seen the eyes I thought it might be the colour :p thank you for saying so
compare it to this!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1309 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 13:30:11 »

:(

* mr friday laments for the good ol days when he was young and the most fun clack around.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1310 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 13:36:33 »

* mr friday laments for the good ol days when he was young and the most fun clack around.

It was jokes, naas.  :P  I love Mr Friday.  :-*

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1311 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 13:55:06 »

It was jokes, naas.  :P  I love Mr Friday.  :-*
Its okay all he needs is a Mrs Friday Green with Pink eyes :D
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Pdub

« Reply #1312 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 23:37:46 »
Is a Mint Gum Clack worth it for a 3D Clack((white with red and blue eyes) I forget the official name)? And vice versa.

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #1313 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 23:39:40 »
Is a Mint Gum Clack worth it for a 3D Clack((white with red and blue eyes) I forget the official name)? And vice versa.
Over the past 1 month.  I saw 3 3ds go for 190,210,275. I dont know about mint
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline Pdub

« Reply #1314 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 23:41:58 »

Thanks!
I have no seen those.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's worth about 180-200$

I could be off. Which is why I am asking.

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #1315 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 23:44:29 »

Thanks!
I have no seen those.

Yeah, I think both mint and 3d are around that, I could be wrong. Also they actually should be at retail and shared in the community, but thats a losing cause :P
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline Pdub

« Reply #1316 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 23:46:18 »

Thanks!
I have no seen those.

Yeah, I think both mint and 3d are around that, I could be wrong. Also they actually should be at retail and shared in the community, but thats a losing cause :P

Agreed.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1317 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 05:52:39 »

They are both considered common,  although I don't see many of either for trade. Personally I would say yes,  but some might value the 3d a little higher than the MG,  given it is technically a multi color.

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #1318 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 11:52:14 »

They are both considered common,  although I don't see many of either for trade. Personally I would say yes,  but some might value the 3d a little higher than the MG,  given it is technically a multi color.
I'd argue that topre ones will be more common than MX, as someone who has been on the hunt for an MX 3d for the past 3~ months it's been extremely hard to find an MX one, and i've only just found one this past week. MX is valued far more than topre IMO.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1319 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:10:10 »

For what it's worth, I'd say yes. They are equivalently common.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1320 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:31:56 »

Yep.  For the longest time, HO, Mint Gum, and 3D were the "commons" (unless I'm missing another cap or two that should be included).  Now for some reason they are worth just as much as anything else.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Maybe they were all taken out of circulation, I dunno.  But it still is bizarre to me.  :))

Online nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1321 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:37:32 »

Yep.  For the longest time, HO, Mint Gum, and 3D were the "commons" (unless I'm missing another cap or two that should be included).  Now for some reason they are worth just as much as anything else.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Maybe they were all taken out of circulation, I dunno.  But it still is bizarre to me.  :))

how did they get so common? were they available in a lot of sales? or just produced in a higher number in one particular sale?

perhaps they're worth just as much because the newer/uninformed clack buyer might not realise how common they are, so they people buy them at the similar prices as the more uncommon clacks

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1322 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:52:38 »

how did they get so common? were they available in a lot of sales? or just produced in a higher number in one particular sale?

perhaps they're worth just as much because the newer/uninformed clack buyer might not realise how common they are, so they people buy them at the similar prices as the more uncommon clacks

From my limited experience with clacks...mint was everywhere in the classifieds last summer and auctioned a few times for normal aftermarket value. never saw a lot of hack orange but that one was in a few sales. a certain someone is hoarding all of those sweet HO's....I have seen a fair number of 3Ds in Topre, but not too many in MX. I'm guessing everyone is just holding on to them, probably didn't help that CF had health issues for a while last year to drive prices up...

This whole game is bizarre, yo.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1323 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 22:30:57 »

HO was made with the intent of being common, since it was kind of a nod to geekhack as a whole so he wanted it in lots of people's hands. 
3D I don't remember exactly why it was common, but I remember seeing a picture from the sale with a whole pile of them on the table.  Maybe he just liked the idea and wanted to make a bunch?  Haha, I really don't know, but for the longest time those were "trade bait" caps that people got to trade for other stuff.
Mint Gum is one that I know even less about in terms of quantity.  It was always considered as common as HO from what I can recall, and was traded/valued as such.  Maybe someone else can either explain why or put me in my place and correct me. 

I suspect your theory is correct.  It's been interesting watching it play out, that's for sure.  Sometimes it makes me want to grab people and shake them though, it's just so ridiculous at times.

Online nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1324 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 22:59:53 »

HO was made with the intent of being common, since it was kind of a nod to geekhack as a whole so he wanted it in lots of people's hands. 
3D I don't remember exactly why it was common, but I remember seeing a picture from the sale with a whole pile of them on the table.  Maybe he just liked the idea and wanted to make a bunch?  Haha, I really don't know, but for the longest time those were "trade bait" caps that people got to trade for other stuff.
Mint Gum is one that I know even less about in terms of quantity.  It was always considered as common as HO from what I can recall, and was traded/valued as such.  Maybe someone else can either explain why or put me in my place and correct me. 

I suspect your theory is correct.  It's been interesting watching it play out, that's for sure.  Sometimes it makes me want to grab people and shake them though, it's just so ridiculous at times.

interesting, good to get info from a psuedo clack historian  ;)

I just saw a /r/mechmarket sale for someone selling both a mint gum (pending, no price) and a 3D ($300!!), coincidentally...

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1325 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:07:14 »

I just saw a /r/mechmarket sale for someone selling both a mint gum (pending, no price) and a 3D ($300!!), coincidentally...

He's a member here too. He has a pretty nice collection, and it looks like he has paid a pretty penny to get it.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #1326 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:09:22 »

I like this keycap thing where they only increase in price. It's a very good investment.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #1327 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:11:23 »

I was going to comment regarding how sad I thought it was about his decision to set the prices at such a high price point. I think a huge part of clack having such a high after market value is no one knows just how many 3D clacks there are, or guacs etc.. So new comers are pron to think x cap is rare, when in fact there are 100+ out there, so people in the know can sell/trade with mind set they can easily find another.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1328 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:21:11 »

Haha I am nowhere near a Clack historian.  :))  Unfortunately, when I had first joined I really didn't care for Clacks so I only passively followed sales and announcements. My memory of Clack history at that time is pretty poor as a result.  :-/  That's why I've invited people to correct me, because I have a few gaps there that should be filled.

But hopefully I'm not too far off base so my answer is at least helpful.  :)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1329 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:32:20 »
Guys, if I sold all my ogres, could I afford to put a down payment down on a home in California?  If not, how long do I have to hold onto them to let them mature to the point where they will?  Or would I only reach that point if I also threw in my Flux Keypacitor?

Serious answers only pls.  Thanks guys.
Smart! That's what I am doing too. I intend to keep all of my clacks until it reach a point where I can put a down payment for a beach house in Bay Area. Then I guess I will have some left overs - enough to put in as an investment, a sort of "Business Migration" to get a green card to live in my new beach house in Bay Area  :thumb:

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #1330 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 04:23:41 »

I think Mint gum has become much less common because people really like them and even though there are quite a few (from what I've been told anyway) the people that have them tend to hold onto them because it's such a nice colourway. Mint is easily one of my favourite colours personally.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1331 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 05:51:56 »

I like this keycap thing where they only increase in price. It's a very good investment.

I'm not a financial advisor, but I would say they are quite volatile. It's only a matter of time before the bubble bursts, and they're at an insane high right now.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1332 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 05:54:43 »

I'm not a financial advisor, but I would say they are quite volatile. It's only a matter of time before the bubble bursts, and they're at an insane high right now.

Here's to hoping with :~$ynth on the way!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1333 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 06:03:53 »

One should not look at these as an investment. I have paid a lot for artisans,  but I love them,  I love the craftsmanship,  I should stop bit I cant...  I also buy art IRL,  I have several paintings from artists all around the world.

The minute people buy these for "investment"  the whole thing is spoiled,  which might be what's driving the prices so high?

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1334 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 06:05:03 »

From my limited experience with clacks...mint was everywhere in the classifieds last summer and auctioned a few times for normal aftermarket value. never saw a lot of hack orange but that one was in a few sales. a certain someone is hoarding all of those sweet HO's....I have seen a fair number of 3Ds in Topre, but not too many in MX. I'm guessing everyone is just holding on to them, probably didn't help that CF had health issues for a while last year to drive prices up...

This whole game is bizarre, yo.

Who is this certain someone?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1335 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 06:05:40 »
Halverson

Offline Pdub

« Reply #1336 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 06:07:18 »

One should not look at these as an investment. I have paid a lot for artisans,  but I love them,  I love the craftsmanship,  I should stop bit I cant...  I also buy art IRL,  I have several paintings from artists all around the world.

The minute people buy these for "investment"  the whole thing is spoiled,  which might be what's driving the prices so high?
probably. I'm with you too. I have only been at this for a year and I can cover half a full keyboard in artisans. I love the art of it. I want to get some more Clacks and bbv2s but people are holding on to them like they are gold after the apocalypse and I just only want a few selects ones. I have heard a lot of people call them investments and it drives me absolutely crazy. $300 for a keycap is outrageous.

But I don't mind paying the maker 50$. 

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1337 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 06:07:41 »

Who knows. I find it difficult to believe that they could go much higher, or that a large amount of them could be liquidated at the current prices very easily. But people said the same thing when they topped $100.

I'm just worried that most of the ones selling on eBay (if they're all truly selling, who knows) we will likely never see again. They fall into a void.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #1338 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 09:59:11 »
I'm just worried that most of the ones selling on eBay (if they're all truly selling, who knows) we will likely never see again. They fall into a void.
Those are the ones that come back around actually. The uneducated are buying commons off eBay at whatever price they can, because a) availability and b) they assume that's what they're worth (BECAUSE HOLY ****, CLACKS!), and turn around and try and trade them for rarer caps. Once they find out from more experienced traders that their 3D is, in-fact, not worth a rare bi-color clack/the $300 they paid for it, they wind up selling on r/mechmarket shortly thereafter (at a mark-up, of course, to another uneducated buyer) because it's quick money.

This is all happening right now while Clack is effectively "out" of the scene, which might be propping up prices somewhat over the concerns that he won't produce anymore (obviously he just ran two sales though). But the artisan collecting community is still growing pretty rapidly, so regardless- same supply + growing demand = increasing prices.

The Clacks that fall into the void are the private trades with collectors. They'll never publicly let on that a trade occurred (through pics or whatever), and the person that traded with them won't identify them, so they're effectively gone.

Offline xJudas

« Reply #1339 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 14:43:08 »
Edit: Wrong thread, whoops. Mods please delete?
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 January 2016, 16:24:22 by xJudas »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1340 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 14:47:11 »
Can anyone tell me the value on a Logitech G710+ without wrist rest or box?

/s?

This is for Clack artisan keys. I think you may be looking for Price Check- What's it Worth?
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1341 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:05:49 »

Halverson

I knew someone with more but within the last few weeks has lessened that number greatly.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1342 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:09:43 »

Halverson

I knew someone with more but within the last few weeks has lessened that number greatly.

Where are all these Hack Oranges? And is BS hack orange reasonably common?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1343 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:11:58 »

Halverson

Do you really want to know? I have 13 topre HOs, one mx and one BS.
The BS should be the easiest to find of all bs clacks imo but still BS ccs are not often for sale.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #1344 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:12:53 »

Halverson

The BS should be the easiest to find of all bs clacks imo but still BS ccs are not often for sale.

I'll take on of those ccs off you, 13 is an unlucky number :D

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1345 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:14:34 »

Halverson

Here's Halvy with enough clacks to purchase a car and I can't even seem to find one. :(
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1346 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:15:14 »

Halverson

13 topre, that is Epic  :eek: Can we see them all on a board if you get a chance? So I guess I will maybe have better luck just finding a topre one.. I just ordered an all black F62 though and a hack orange would looked pretty great... I guess I have time to try find one  :D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1347 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:17:00 »
I've been spending years trying to get 15 to cover my HHKB. I'm hoping to trade two more caps to finish my goal soon. When I'm back in Canada mid February I will take many pics for everyone.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1348 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:17:29 »

Halverson

RIP your inbox

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1349 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:20:47 »

Halverson

RIP your inbox

DISCLAIMER-
I'm still looking to find two more, not sell or trade any, only pm to help an insane girlshark