Author Topic: Clack Valuation Thread  (Read 932536 times)

Offline hippiepete

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Clack Valuation Thread
« Reply #1500 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 05:16:06 »
How much do I get for all these?  :)

Show Image

dreamboard right there!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1501 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 05:36:19 »

Show Image

dreamboard right there!

Dream on :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1502 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 11:41:47 »

Show Image

$0. They're all MX.

Let me gather some Topre then.  :)

Show Image

That's all I have left of Topre.  Gave a few away some years back.  :)   Those black caps you see aren't of the same shades, btw.

Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1503 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 11:44:01 »

Show Image

$0. They're all MX.

Show Image

That's all I have left of Topre.  Gave a few away some years back.  :)   Those black caps you see aren't of the same shades, btw.

Show Image

Beautiful collection reaper! Really loving that bottom right blue.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1504 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 11:47:06 »

Show Image

$0. They're all MX.

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks!   That's a translucent one.
Din Eli

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1505 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 12:17:35 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:25:12 by alienman82 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #1506 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 12:25:10 »

Show Image

$0. They're all MX.

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks!   That's a translucent one.

listerine right?
it's mr clean
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1507 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 16:41:23 »

Show Image

nice topre blanks. :) 

what's the difference between the blacks?  different shades of black/grey (like the upper right one looks like a very dark grey?), or are there differences in texture as well?  do any of them happen to be translucent when you shine a bright light through them?
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #1508 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 16:48:27 »

Show Image

what's the difference between the blacks?  different shades of black/grey (like the upper right one looks like a very dark grey?), or are there differences in texture as well?  do any of them happen to be translucent when you shine a bright light through them?

i have owned some funny blacks before, looked like depth. until i brought them into a bright sun

don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1509 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 16:50:35 »

Show Image

i have owned some funny blacks before, looked like depth. until i brought them into a bright sun

Show Image

haha i checked mine and they just look black to me.  maybe i need a brighter sun.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1510 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 19:58:49 »

nice topre blanks. 

Thanks!  :)   And I forgot the official names of those caps (CC has so many lol).  They are just different shades (lighter, darker, etc) and also they're not translucent.
Din Eli

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #1511 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 09:21:37 »
If anyone could help, I'd like to know the market values for these:
Oktoberfest
Buzzed Blank
Thanks in advance!
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Clack Valuation Thread
« Reply #1512 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 10:44:03 »
Oktoberfest
Buzzed Blank
Thanks in advance!

Idk I've been out of the CC market for so long. lol  Around $200 - $300 for that Oktoberfest?  I know tri color ones go for a lot more.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 May 2016, 13:01:13 by reaper »
Din Eli

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1513 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 13:24:58 »
Oktoberfest
Buzzed Blank
Thanks in advance!

Idk I've been out of the CC market for so long. lol  Around $200 - $300 for that Oktoberfest?  I know tri color ones go for a lot more.
Oktoberfest seem to go for more than the drunken skull for some reason. I'd say that oktoberfest is prob around 250-300. Buzzed blank maybe 200?

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1514 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 17:57:20 »
Oktoberfest
Buzzed Blank
Thanks in advance!

Oktoberfest seem to go for more than the drunken skull for some reason. I'd say that oktoberfest is prob around 250-300. Buzzed blank maybe 200?

Cool.  Thanks for confirming.  I have some idea about how much it could fetch but wasn't sure.  :)
Din Eli

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1515 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 20:54:02 »
250-300 seems insane for an Oktoberfest blank, but maybe that's just how out of touch I am with the current state of the market. 200 seems more "fair" to me, if you can call it that.

Shoppers gonna shop, though. Don't think I could ever justify over 150 for a common blank like an Oktoberfest or Candy Corn.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Online nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1516 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 22:15:38 »
250-300 seems insane for an Oktoberfest blank, but maybe that's just how out of touch I am with the current state of the market. 200 seems more "fair" to me, if you can call it that.

Shoppers gonna shop, though. Don't think I could ever justify over 150 for a common blank like an Oktoberfest or Candy Corn.

the price is whatever people are willing to pay, i guess

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clack-Factory-Click-Clack-Cherry-MX-Keycap-Octoberfest-Brand-New-Unused-/301816478087?hash=item4645a9f987:g:HYwAAOSwfZ1WYm0Q

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1517 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 22:18:08 »
oktoberfest is common? cause I'm searching for 1 so hard haha

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1518 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 23:48:46 »

the price is whatever people are willing to pay, i guess

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clack-Factory-Click-Clack-Cherry-MX-Keycap-Octoberfest-Brand-New-Unused-/301816478087?hash=item4645a9f987:g:HYwAAOSwfZ1WYm0Q

Holy crap! I didn't know one was sold for that much.  Thanks for the link.
Din Eli

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1519 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 23:54:48 »

Well, seems like it was at one time (when Oktoberfest first came out).  I remember no one wanted a blank so they were just trading it away like it was nothing.
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1520 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 00:17:23 »

Well, seems like it was at one time (when Oktoberfest first came out).  I remember no one wanted a blank so they were just trading it away like it was nothing.

Things have changed quite a bit since then! :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1521 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 00:18:57 »

pls gib me ur oktoberfest kthx  :-*

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1522 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 06:35:15 »
It was. Pretty sure there are fewer Buzzed's out there than Oktoberfests. But I guess everything's rare now that they're all being sold outside of the community for $500+ :(
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1523 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 07:00:32 »
It was. Pretty sure there are fewer Buzzed's out there than Oktoberfests. But I guess everything's rare now that they're all being sold outside of the community for $500+ :(

:(

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #1524 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 10:03:48 »
Wow that price for the Oktoberfest is more than I expected it would be but I guess it's justified with how rare they are now.

Thanks for the help eveyone!  :)
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #1525 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 14:58:55 »
This is not an actual artisan item, but an original spacebar for a black Poker 3 ABS plastic.  I'm looking to buy one in the classifieds and was thinking 5 dollars plus S+H would be a fair offer/valuation.  Does this seem accurate?
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline joey

« Reply #1526 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 15:00:02 »
This is not an actual artisan item, but an original spacebar for a black Poker 3 ABS plastic.  I'm looking to buy one in the classifieds and was thinking 5 dollars plus S+H would be a fair offer/valuation.  Does this seem accurate?
:rolleyes:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1527 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 15:23:25 »

I think you're looking for the Price Check thread. And that's probably fair, but you might have better luck simply buying the entire stock keycap set.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #1528 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 16:34:44 »
Oh I see, it's stickied.  One of the first postings.  Thanks.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1529 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 13:46:29 »
What's the current value of an early Depth White MX?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #1530 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 14:03:03 »

when I was buying i tried to stick to 200-250 for single colors. unless its really rare it would go to 350.
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1531 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 14:32:13 »

when I was buying i tried to stick to 200-250 for single colors. unless its really rare it would go to 350.

OK thanks.  It may be rare, I don't know.  It's a very early version, with the old style emboss and a slightly shorter profile.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #1532 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 14:35:31 »

OK thanks.  It may be rare, I don't know.  It's a very early version, with the old style emboss and a slightly shorter profile.
Disclaimer i bought when i was fairly new and i over paid for sure.  I  ould say 200 is a good starting point unless its rare
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1533 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 12:06:48 »

and

Would trading either of these for a Drunken Skull be a fair trade?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1534 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 12:08:52 »
Show Image

and

Show Image

I prefer those but if you like the drunken more then the trade is good.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1535 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 12:10:40 »
Show Image

and

Show Image

I don't need 3 of the same color, I would keep the one not pictured where both eyes are red. Spread the color love so to speak.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1536 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 12:12:57 »
Show Image

and

Show Image

I don't need 3 of the same color, I would keep the one not pictured where both eyes are red. Spread the color love so to speak.

That would be a very fair trade then. I wish I had a drunken those caps ate great!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1537 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 12:24:52 »
Show Image

and

Show Image

That would be a very fair trade then. I wish I had a drunken those caps ate great!

Well I have two caps to trade. PM me if you have something you may want to let go of.

Offline Nivlac

• mewmewmew
« Reply #1538 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 00:46:28 »
Price check on a couple pieces

-Black topre clack
-OG tri MX
-julysicle blank topre
-oktoberfest blank topre
-oktoberfest blank MX (no white on top just yellow translucent)
-wingnut MX

Online nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1539 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 00:53:48 »

-Black topre clack
-OG tri MX
-julysicle blank topre
-oktoberfest blank topre
-wingnut MX

i don't recall anyone selling a wingnut in the past, so that would be pretty hard to price

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1540 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 05:03:18 »

-Black topre clack
-OG tri MX
-julysicle blank topre
-oktoberfest blank topre
-wingnut MX

i don't recall anyone selling a wingnut in the past, so that would be pretty hard to price
yes one does not simply sell a wingnut

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1541 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 05:29:08 »

-Black topre clack
-OG tri MX
-julysicle blank topre
-oktoberfest blank topre
-wingnut MX

yes one does not simply sell a wingnut

Return it to Deskthority instead for the next awards!
... ...

Offline Nivlac

• mewmewmew
« Reply #1542 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:09:13 »
Oh and I got a gold MX clack also

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1543 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:18:35 »

-Black topre clack
-OG tri MX
-julysicle blank topre
-oktoberfest blank topre
-wingnut MX

I'll give you $3.50 for the nut

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1544 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:25:38 »

I can only imagine the mountain of PMs you have now.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1545 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:28:39 »

Offline Nivlac

• mewmewmew
« Reply #1546 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:37:05 »
it's on my work keyboard that I don't use any longer, found it in my drawer.

picture incoming!

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:40:41 by Nivlac »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1547 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:39:17 »
3D Topre, been told 200-250?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1548 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:42:59 »

picture incoming!

That's hot.

Not sure what to price it at unfortunately, since it's my first time seeing it.  :eek:
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1549 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:44:45 »

picture incoming!

Sexy, I'd guess 300 or so as you don't see them very often, and it's single shot.

Wingnut I've never seen for sale, so no clue.

OG Tri has been around 700-800 the last few sales I've seen

Julysicle probably 300+

Oktoberfests 250-300