Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 913961 times)

Offline alspdx

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 16:31:56 »
Just go and get Yeti or Bear65. This not happening this year.

yeti also has an "idk china is locked down" delivery date :/ and I'm having a tough time finding a buy for the bear65, idk if I'm dumb or what

the bear65 already ran last year and is currently shipping out the remaining colors. think there was a problem with the blue ano so they're redoing it.

I'd go with nasu, an alice board with leaf spring plate.

I was interested in that one for a while but I feel like some red flags already starting to show in the IC thread. Also felt risky to drop that kind of cash on a keyboard without any decent sound tests, especially when the designer straight-up ignored multiple requests for them — no response, not even "no", like the question was never asked, while actively responding to several other questions.

Offline Katlicious

• Cable Artisan & Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #501 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 16:39:00 »
omg this looks so good

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #502 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 16:46:59 »
omg this looks so good

Wait until you read the rest of the posts.

Offline crazyboy1023

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 21:27:53 »
Jaxx responded to me on July 18, agreeing to give me a refund; however, he asked for a few days to move funds around. He has yet to give me a refund and respond to my NUMEROUS messages asking for my refund again.

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #504 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 21:32:16 »
look: for several hours now I have been told from credible sources the reason rukia has been delayed. however due to the importance and sensitivity around the subject I have refrained from going on it. i don't feel comfortable with it currently

Offline crazyboy1023

« Reply #505 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 21:35:12 »
look: for several hours now I have been told from credible sources the reason rukia has been delayed. however due to the importance and sensitivity around the subject I have refrained from going on it. i don't feel comfortable with it currently

You should definitely say something if you know anything. theres obviously a lack of information and trust in the whole process right now

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #506 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 21:42:50 »

You should definitely say something if you know anything. theres obviously a lack of information and trust in the whole process right now

He's joking. It's something someone said in the GSKT-00 thread.

Offline Scriba

« Reply #507 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 02:53:54 »
Just go and get Yeti or Bear65. This not happening this year.

yeti also has an "idk china is locked down" delivery date :/ and I'm having a tough time finding a buy for the bear65, idk if I'm dumb or what

the bear65 already ran last year and is currently shipping out the remaining colors. think there was a problem with the blue ano so they're redoing it.

I'd go with nasu, an alice board with leaf spring plate.

I was interested in that one for a while but I feel like some red flags already starting to show in the IC thread. Also felt risky to drop that kind of cash on a keyboard without any decent sound tests, especially when the designer straight-up ignored multiple requests for them — no response, not even "no", like the question was never asked, while actively responding to several other questions.

There are several sound tests of the prototype, even on youtube. The communication on discord was admittedly much better than on geekhack, he usually answered questions promptly.

Offline Will_I_am344

« Reply #508 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 07:14:02 »
I was wondering why this ugly board continued to pop up as on the front page.

Like I guess some people might like it but it can't be this good.

So I finally read the entire thread, damn it was kind of entertaining to read.

I guess that's what you get for trusting no-names with ugly designs.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #509 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 09:59:01 »

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #510 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 13:40:30 »
Memes aside, I wonder if Jaxx still has that ice cream machine he bought a while ago to treat himself in his shop while working on Rukias. Maybe that ice cream machine has seen more results lol.

« Reply #511 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 09:00:45 »
Memes aside, I wonder if Jaxx still has that ice cream machine he bought a while ago to treat himself in his shop while working on Rukias. Maybe that ice cream machine has seen more results lol.

Probably has a lower failure rate than Rukia.

Offline dottt

« Reply #512 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 09:52:37 »

McDonald’s is suing their ice cream machine provider. Maybe Jaxx can hop on the train and get the funds to finish these boards :)

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #513 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 11:06:36 »

McDonald’s is suing their ice cream machine provider. Maybe Jaxx can hop on the train and get the funds to finish these boards :)

SCIF flavor. yum

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #514 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 20:40:35 »
Smoked PC Alice @ https://h40.io/products/amano-alice-case - Only a few left if anyone's interested

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #515 on: Sat, 14 August 2021, 00:52:26 »
In the same boat as you as I'm sure many others. Definitely frustrating, and I'm wondering what it'll take before we get some sort of update.

Legal action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #516 on: Sat, 14 August 2021, 11:47:59 »

Why post in a GB thread that you didn't join about how you don't like the design? What was there to gain from this comment?

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #517 on: Sat, 14 August 2021, 16:42:53 »
274313-0
Just saying......
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 August 2021, 16:55:07 by Rob27shred »

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #518 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 14:24:39 »
65 days without an update from Jaxx

Offline keebsnglass

« Reply #519 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 14:52:37 »
If a class action is open, how many of you will join?

This right here... Sounding like a pretty good option to me at this point, given the complete lack of transparency.

Offline TonyPia

« Reply #520 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 17:42:05 »

This right here... Sounding like a pretty good option to me at this point, given the complete lack of transparency.

I'm in and I believe there will be many once that happens.
I just don't know what it costs.
How about IC for class act?

Offline bananathock

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 00:49:07 »
omg this looks so good

Wait until you read the rest of the posts.

i think he is talking about the drama. i do agree. the drama looks so good.  ;)

Offline crazyboy1023

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 09:51:19 »
https://imgur.com/bjMrrCC.mp4

This thread right now

Gondo, it seems that you are the only one who can "successfully" reach Jaxx. Can you please talk to him and try to get another update?? This situation is absolutely ridiculous. I'm trying to get a refund, WHICH JAXX AGREED TO ON JULY 18; however, he has ghosted me now

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #523 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 10:02:30 »
When did we get ice cream?

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #524 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 11:28:57 »

I'm in and I believe there will be many once that happens.
I just don't know what it costs.
How about IC for class act?

While legal class-action would be great, I'm guessing it is not a realistic option due to cost in the state it would need to be filed in (which I wont discuss due to doxxing concerns).  Not sure how many units of Rukia R2 were sold, but if the number was 200, the total project run would only be $80K-$100K.  Small potatoes for legal action Im guessing.  Having said that, I might decide to pursue this in small claims court individually.

While I am resigned to the fact that I threw away cash on this project, I am past the anger phase and I just hope that Jaxx suffers the loss of reputation in the enthusiast community he deserves. As a thief/swindler, I hope he is never given a chance to run another group buy either as himself or via sock puppet account.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline jayiskuhl

« Reply #525 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 13:59:43 »
Any updates Gondo? You are our only ray of hope in this ****ed up situation.

Jaxx clearly doesn't care or is just straight up a thief.
Rukia (?) | gaff. 60 | Pandora | Praxis | Bauer 2

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #526 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 14:09:50 »

Last I checked with Jaxx he's still on the process of manufacturing PCB prototypes.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline keebsnglass

« Reply #527 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 15:34:56 »
doxxing concerns

TBF, registering your business to an apartment is kinda asking for it to get out there. Anyway, as far as the value of a case to a law firm, you're probably right. But I've got some calls out to friends, so we will see. I'd rather the legal fees take most of the money and get back a little then let him walk away with it all.

Offline jayiskuhl

« Reply #528 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 15:49:18 »

Last I checked with Jaxx he's still on the process of manufacturing PCB prototypes.

Thank you for the information!
Rukia (?) | gaff. 60 | Pandora | Praxis | Bauer 2

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #529 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 17:58:52 »
doxxing concerns

TBF, registering your business to an apartment is kinda asking for it to get out there. Anyway, as far as the value of a case to a law firm, you're probably right. But I've got some calls out to friends, so we will see. I'd rather the legal fees take most of the money and get back a little then let him walk away with it all.

1. What are the chances Jaxx as any money to recover from? Slim.

2. If you initiate a lawsuit, you're going to end up spending money to recover probably little to nothing.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #530 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 18:33:26 »
doxxing concerns

1. What are the chances Jaxx as any money to recover from? Slim.

2. If you initiate a lawsuit, you're going to end up spending money to recover probably little to nothing.

LOL I dicnt realize that the address I was given as part of the order was an apartment,  Can't say I'm surprised about anything having to do with this group buy at this point though.

The two related points you make are spot on.  But I would say that getting money back would be the least of my goals for wanting to see some legal action here.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #531 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 09:02:43 »
I wonder if Jaxx just doesn't have a severe case of brain freeze from eating too much ice cream? Like maybe he's just stuck sitting there in front of the CNC all froze up & will get back to making our boards when it subsides.  I know I would be crushing some ice cream if I had a fancy machine like he does.....
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 August 2021, 12:29:02 by Rob27shred »

Offline XUR

« Reply #532 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 18:52:58 »
Has anyone been successful in getting a refund or following through with a chargeback after all this time? At this point I'll even just take an ice cream cone to not feel like I got completely scammed by a thief

Offline bananathock

« Reply #533 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 22:26:26 »
" hello jaxx. i wonder if you might remember me. i am one of your supporters in the rukia r2 project. I got into rukia knowing that it will be a great project but it has come to my attention that i would like to pull out of it.

i've bought rukia r2 and paid via paypal with an amount 482.00 usd and additional champagne top for 100ish usd. i humbly ask that i would like to be refunded of the amounts paid in paypal in full. you can have the 100ish usd for the champagne top as a symbol and token of support.

thank you.

I know its been late to tell you this, but I stood by and tried to support the project as long as I can.. but covid is playing a part of me needing money as well. I hope you understand."

- this is what i sent to jaxx. i hope a little compassion goes a long way. he ignored me and ghosted me.

Offline bananathock

« Reply #534 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 22:41:19 »
Jaxx is a better ghost than Patrick Swayze. I am Demi Moore, Jaxx is patrick swayze and the pottery is rukia r2.

Here's a video accompaniment so that you can fully feel the heartache:

you see in this video.. patrick swayze is moving the penny with his fingers.. that is the update jaxx is promising us. you see me, as demi moore, crying with tease of an update and by the end.. i can see patrick swayze leaving to heaven.. demi moore (as me again) crying, with the realization that i cannot meet the jaxx.. accepting the fate that he has "ghosted". 

Offline dottt

« Reply #535 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 23:11:30 »
I think the dude uninstalled discord

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #536 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 23:19:38 »
I think the dude uninstalled discord

uninstalls discord, checks it in the browser every 15 minutes

Offline kronograf

« Reply #537 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 09:25:55 »
maybe he got ran over by a car
jane me | 910 me

Offline Tree_

« Reply #538 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 21:08:53 »

Maybe Jaxx is worth it, maybe he's Maybelline.

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #539 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 14:38:26 »
Hi everyone.

I want updates as much as the next person, but I just want to be a voice of caution in the conversation regarding taking legal action.

I know times are hard with the pandemic, but it seems that a lot of people have requested refunds etc and have already been granted them (this is very, very rare in a Groupbuy).   I know nothing about Jaxx's situation but requesting and expecting more refunds is presumably not helping the situation. 

It’s been about a year and half since the buy. Not long in my opinion compared to most group buys.  I’m not defending the lack of communication here but just encouraging people who may not be used to this type of timeframe and purchase anxiety.

I’m not a lawyer, but my own knowledge regarding groupbuys has always been that I’m giving money to an anonymous person on blind faith and might never see anything for it.

If we never get the boards I will be as angry and jaded as anyone, but for now we have heard approximately what is happening at this point from Gondo, so I’m not sure why people are eager to start dealing with lawyers and courts.    I encourage everyone to remain hopeful and take a breath - I am still waiting on boards that I purchased years ago!

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #540 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 16:37:18 »
I’m not sure why people are eager to start dealing with lawyers and courts.

Well, it could be:

• A litany of excuses as to why things are so messed up (undocumented shipping damage, alleged poor vendor choice, etc...).  After a while, it sounds like the dog hate his homework, the sun was in his eyes, and his wallet was in his other jeans.  All basic signs of dishonesty.
  • Alleged misuse of GB funds (CNC and ice cream machines).  Fraud.
  • Relying on subcontracors/partners for updates.  Grifting 101.
  • Comm and priority given to certain stakeholders.  Favoritism.

You are correct in stating that group buys are inherently risky, and the past 18 months have been especially challenging.  I was involved in JULES, which was a GB which resulted in a borked end product, but comm was good.  I didnt like the result, but I felt like the I understood the issue and the reason for the chosen mitigation.  RUKIA has been one excuse after another, with minimal comm.  And that comm only happened because the PCB partner/sub didn't want their name sunk along with Jaxx's.

So yeah, people who purchased Rukia can certainly continue to act like mushrooms (stay in the dark and be fed ****), or they can begin to explore options.  I don't believe continued silence is golden in this case.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 August 2021, 16:39:44 by clankgy1 »

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #541 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 22:07:57 »
Hi everyone.

I want updates as much as the next person, but I just want to be a voice of caution in the conversation regarding taking legal action.

I know times are hard with the pandemic, but it seems that a lot of people have requested refunds etc and have already been granted them (this is very, very rare in a Groupbuy).   I know nothing about Jaxx's situation but requesting and expecting more refunds is presumably not helping the situation. 

It’s been about a year and half since the buy. Not long in my opinion compared to most group buys.  I’m not defending the lack of communication here but just encouraging people who may not be used to this type of timeframe and purchase anxiety.

I’m not a lawyer, but my own knowledge regarding groupbuys has always been that I’m giving money to an anonymous person on blind faith and might never see anything for it.

If we never get the boards I will be as angry and jaded as anyone, but for now we have heard approximately what is happening at this point from Gondo, so I’m not sure why people are eager to start dealing with lawyers and courts.    I encourage everyone to remain hopeful and take a breath - I am still waiting on boards that I purchased years ago!

yah bug off. a few alleged messages to random people does not excuse 70 days without one ****ing public update. This **** is ridiculous.

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #542 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 22:11:35 »
Mod was able to push Weaston to provide an update good or bad on GSKT-00. Maybe we can get a mod to force an update from Jaxx. Would be nice to hear something.

Offline Ghghop

« Reply #543 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 10:05:25 »
Hi everyone.

The main issues with possibly bringing in legal action is if there was any semblance of a chance that the GB finishes it would be obliterated by the legal clusterf***.

JJ50                   Preonic

Offline alspdx

« Reply #544 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 11:41:42 »
Mod was able to push Weaston to provide an update good or bad on GSKT-00. Maybe we can get a mod to force an update from Jaxx. Would be nice to hear something.

I wonder if/how that would work if Jaxx is avoiding Geekhack. According to his profile it's been a month since he's logged in.
274707-0

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #545 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 21:30:01 »

I wonder if/how that would work if Jaxx is avoiding Geekhack. According to his profile it's been a month since he's logged in.
(Attachment Link)

he is definitely here reading all this. probably just not logging in anymore
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline bananathock

« Reply #546 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 00:27:31 »

Perhaps the ice cream from the maker was soo good (since it didnt come out from his pocket), the flavors sent him straight to heaven

Offline Afteryou

« Reply #547 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 02:06:42 »
 :confused: :confused: :confused:
The roof is not my son but I will raise it.

Offline Tsumi

« Reply #548 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 08:00:03 »
Hi everyone.

The main issues with possibly bringing in legal action is if there was any semblance of a chance that the GB finishes it would be obliterated by the legal clusterf***.
Wait... you think there's even a chance that this ends up fulfilling?

Offline TypicalOranges

« Reply #549 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 10:54:17 »
I know where he is

274788-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 August 2021, 10:55:59 by TypicalOranges »