Author Topic: [GB] TYPE_ACE deskmats  (Read 3067 times)

Offline wowaweewa

[GB] TYPE_ACE deskmats
« on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 11:08:34 »

Dear Geeks/Hackers, I proudly present my first groupbuy:

TYPE_ACE DESKMATS!

Get your deskmat here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLjklcVJaRViVycE8aoiAz41feTrqQ3HFxRXxEQaQ0aN9JoA/viewform

When I got into this hobby two years ago, I wouldn't have imagined my life and wallet would have suffered so much. After spending a 'good amount' of money on my first board -an ALT with Cherry Browns-
I came to the conclusion this was just the beginning. First things first, so I decided trying out different switches. Started with some Cherry Reds, some Kaihl switches, and later on more 'popular' switches like
Gateron Silent Inks, Zealios, Healios - etcetera. I know now linears are my thing. However, soon after joining the Mechanical Keyboard addicts on Reddit, I saw people with their so-called 'endgames', which were so much
nicer than mine! Started learning to solder with cheaper boards, grabbed a Discipline, a Mysterium, a KBD8X and now I'm stuck with my (hotswap!) Maja with lubed Healios. Quite the upgrade since my last rubber dome,
which was a Ergo 4000.

Now, because of Covid, I - like many others - have been looking for other hobbys, since a lot of people unfortunately had more free time on their hands. So, getting into mechanical keyboards was one thing, but I recently
tried to start leatherworking too. After a fair amount of practice, I decided to try and make something more useful for me personally. I had a black HyperX deskmat laying on my desk, which was good, but it started suffering
from severe discoloration. I thought to myself: "Leather, deskmats...why not make a leather deskmat?". And so I did. My first try turned out to be pretty nice, if I may say so myself, and now I'm confident enough to share
with you my first couple of handmade deskmats!

[TL;DR]: I love mechanical keyboards, but couldn't find any deskpad of my taste. So I made my own, and now I'm confident enough to share with you the nicest, customizable handmade deskmat ever.

I am not a very good photographer. Also please keep in mind most pictures are just parts of the deskmat, as I am not able to stitch every combination just now.

TYPE_ACE DESKMATS

Do you consider yourself a 'minimalist' like me? Or maybe you just like having your desk clean at all times, organized, and not full of funky colors? Not a fan of all those hectic prints all over your desk?
TYPE_ACE deskmats are full-sized deskmats (900mm x 400mm), with a nice combination of leather and woolfelt. Your keyboard and typing sounds will be dampened, and your mouse will have its greatest time ever, gliding over that piece of
3 mm leather. Each deskmat has a layer of cork rubber so that it doesn't slide all over your desk.

TYPE_ACE deskmats are customizable to your liking! Do you want a brown leather with a light grey woolfelt, to compliment your desk full of plants and other natural items? Or are you more of an 'industrial-style'
black-and-white person? Pick the colors you like! Each deskmat will then be finished stitched with your favourite colour. Or maybe you want a yellow stitching to match it with your keycaps/keyboard; everything is possible!

TYPE_ACE deskmats are popular sized (900mm x 400mm x 5mm) deskmats which consist of:
  • 300mm x 400mm mouse pad, made of 3mm top grain leather in two colours: black or brown;
  • 600mm x 400mm 3mm thick, water repellent, 100% wool felt in two colours: light grey or dark gray, both naturally mixed colours;
  • a 2mm layer of cork rubber to prevent slipping and sliding;
  • stitched with a color to your liking. All colours of the rainbow, but also including white, black and brown.

Pricing and shipping:
I'll leave this first groupbuy open for a while, in which the price will be €69, or $69, shipping not included.
Shipping in Europe will be €15, shipping to the rest of the world will be $35 per deskmat.

The estimated time crafting and shipping one deskmat will be around 7 business days, give or take, depending on whether I need to get more leather or not.

The deskmat will be shipped boxed due to the leather not being foldable, weighing less than 2kg in total, to minimize the costs.
Ordering 2 or more deskmats will increase the price of shipping a bit.

I hope to reach at least 10 sales, so that I've earned back the money I've spent, and some for buying new materials.

You'll get an extra goodie and of course an epic TYPE_ACE sticker too!

GET YOUR DESKMAT HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLjklcVJaRViVycE8aoiAz41feTrqQ3HFxRXxEQaQ0aN9JoA/viewform

Also, please give me a like on instagram (https://www.instagram.com/type_ace/) which I will be updating as the journey continues!

Thanks for watching, and hope to see you soon!

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 August 2021, 03:36:19 by wowaweewa »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] TYPE_ACE deskmats
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 15:10:53 »
Approved :thumb: