Author Topic: [IC] KBM Odin - YEA Another Manu change  (Read 53134 times)

Offline Botty212

[IC] PBTfans Odin - Another Manu change
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 02:08:31 »
this set has been named ePBT Odin, MW Odin and now PBTfans
 Odin. Whats next? GMK Odin?

Show Image

I don't understand the point to this comment.  Designers change things and update through an IC, that's...what an IC is.  Changing names and manus before an item goes into GB is exactly what should happen.  Or what, are designers just supposed to pick one thing and never change if the world around them does? 

This just seems rude and uncalled for.  Why not offer constructive feedback, or just just not buy the set?  EZ

I for one welcome our new All-Father, and am excited for the GB.
no need to take a joke so serious. I really should add a "JK" at the end of a joke or a " Disclaimer this is a joke and is not supposed to be taken serious"
Made a small joke since the designer changed the manufacturer a lot and I get a white knight protecting his "All-Father".

Oh... and a small info about me. Just because I made a joke about the many manu changes doesnt mean that I dont like the set from the designer and that I wont be getting one.

As for "Why not offer constructive feedback". have you been seen other Geekhacks replies on IC's?
Most of the time its just a combination of "I like it", "GLWIC", "I want this", "please add this" or straight up hostility between 2 fractions, where one defends the designer while the other tries to blame the designer and yet I have to see you bash on those ppl. I rarely see constructive feedback in the replies.

EDIT.
removed some typos
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 May 2022, 02:17:15 by Botty212 »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] PBTfans Odin - Another Manu change
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 02:25:31 »
no need to take a joke so serious. I really should add a "JK" at the end of a joke or a " Disclaimer this is a joke and is not supposed to be taken serious"
Made a small joke since the designer changed the manufacturer a lot and I get a white knight protecting his "All-Father".

Oh... and a small info about me. Just because I made a joke about the many manu changes doesnt mean that I dont like the set from the designer and that I wont be getting one.

As for "Why not offer constructive feedback". have you been seen other Geekhacks replies on IC's?
Most of the time its just a combination of "I like it", "GLWIC", "I want this", "please add this" or straight up hostility between 2 fractions, where one defends the designer while the other tries to blame the designer and yet I have to see you bash on those ppl. I rarely see constructive feedback in the replies.

EDIT.
removed some typos

I'm not here the defend the designer but I did not think your comment was a joke at all. As a designer that has had to change manufacturer for a set, this is one of the first things that pop in your mind if you plan on switching "Oh ****, I'm going to get comments about the change... I hope people will understand". Things happen during an IC and discussion with the manufacturer, things you could not have imagined before starting to talk with them, but a lot of manufacturers want ICs before really discussing a product, so this cannot be avoided. If you make a comment like that, yes, add "I'm only joking of course" or something like that or don't be surprised if people understand the opposite of what you wanted to say.

Offline sorathiel

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 05:04:42 »
I see "tripleshot" listed as possibly used with the new manu but see no keys with 3 colors? Does the triple shotting process have any other benefits besides 3 colors? Or am I blind?  :blank:

Offline Botty212

[IC] PBTfans Odin - Another Manu change
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 06:40:17 »

EDIT.
removed some typos

I'm not here the defend the designer but I did not think your comment was a joke at all. As a designer that has had to change manufacturer for a set, this is one of the first things that pop in your mind if you plan on switching "Oh ****, I'm going to get comments about the change... I hope people will understand". Things happen during an IC and discussion with the manufacturer, things you could not have imagined before starting to talk with them, but a lot of manufacturers want ICs before really discussing a product, so this cannot be avoided. If you make a comment like that, yes, add "I'm only joking of course" or something like that or don't be surprised if people understand the opposite of what you wanted to say.
I really should mark jokes as a joke. Since I cant convey facial expressions and tone on the internet, ppl wont be understanding jokes and will take it serious most of the time.

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 09:38:25 »

Show Image

Lmaoooooo

Offline atl22033

• Signature art by Shima
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 07:27:25 »

Show Image

LMFAOO what if it was KEK 3 year lead time

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 10 May 2022, 07:46:47 »
Does this mean you’re gonna change the renders to biip/PBTfans legends? Interested to see if the runes would look good with them, since they have a kinda cartoony vibe.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline atl22033

• Signature art by Shima
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 23:02:56 »
Does this mean you’re gonna change the renders to biip/PBTfans legends? Interested to see if the runes would look good with them, since they have a kinda cartoony vibe.

Renders will be updated soon once some things are finalized

Offline Botty212

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 00:37:28 »

Show Image

LMFAOO what if it was KEK 3 year lead time
maybe 3.5 years lmao.
GMK times are.... long.

Offline Hyraeth

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 11:48:41 »
Hi, I really like this set but the lack of a french (ISO-FR) kit is a deal breaker.
Is it too late to add another kit ?

Offline Ghost of Olympus

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 06:53:09 »
Any updates on this set? I honestly think it looks goregous and should be made. I really love the colors.
Hi, I really like this set but the lack of a french (ISO-FR) kit is a deal breaker.
Is it too late to add another kit ?

Offline HugoChowsky

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 11:14:00 »
Since most PBTFans sets use MacOS mods, will you be sticking with text only mods?

Offline salgiza

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 03:38:04 »
Ok, I know I'm late to the party, but someone mentioned to me this thread and... why is there a "Ñ" key in R4?
I would certainly love it if you could include a South or ISO-ES kit but, if not, users that use a Frankenstein layout with an "Ñ", use that key in the R3 row.

Offline atl22033

• Signature art by Shima
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 14:51:27 »
Show Image

Quick disclaimer: this isnt a weeb set to some peoples very BASED opinions lo

Hi I'm pasta and this is my first ever set PBTfans Odin! My bases of this set is on the idea of the dead going back and reuniting with the god himself, Odin, in preparation of Ragnarok. I went with a black, white, and cyan set color way to represent the nothingness of the dead, and the white and cyan showing the light at the end where they will reunite with their fallen brothers and allies to serve their god once more. This set will be made with doubleshot/tripleshot PBT.

Interest Check Form

UPDATE:

So quick update all kitting in these are old and there will be new renders for all kits crom manu change thank you for understanding

Kits:
Click for larger images

BASE KIT:
Show Image

RAGNAROK ALT BASE KIT:
Show Image

NOVELTIES:
Show Image

NUMPAD:
Show Image

ALT NUMPAD:
Show Image

NORDEUK:
Show Image

NORDEUKALT:
Show Image

40S:
Show Image

SPACEBARS:
Show Image

Renders:
Click for larger images

KBD Odin by KBDfans
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

PHEONIX BY CABLE CAR DESIGNS
Show Image

Show Image

D60 BY KBDFANS
Show Image

Show Image

Ellora65 By KikosLab
Show Image

Show Image

Colors:
Alphas: Pantone 656U
Alpha Legends: Pantone Black 6U
Mods: Pantone Black 6U
Mod Legends: Pantone 635U
Accent: Pantone 635U
Accent Legends: Pantone Black 6U

Deskmats/collabs/artisans:
Click for larger images

Deskmats:
Light Deskmat
Show Image

Dark Deskmat
Show Image

Artisans:
Asero Foundry Artisan
Show Image

CableMod Collab:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Deskmat/Collab/Artisans

Here is a render made by Cylent creator of Epbt Kavala support that as well, and this is a render with the dark version of the deskmat

Show Image

Vendors

NA: Mechs & Co. Mechs&Co
CA: AlphaKeys   AlphaKeys
MX: Rheset   Rheset
EU: KeyGem KeyGem
UK: KeebCats   KeebCats
ASIA: KBDfans   KBDfans
Global: KBDfans   KBDfans
AU: AllCaps    AllCaps

Pricing TBA

[b]To do list:[/b]

Post the IC
Improvements to NordeUk
Some collabs
???

Discord

Show Image

Some people I would really like to thank are:
i would like to thank the people in the designer community for helping me out and teaching me the ropes
I would like to give thanks to Cylent, Eg0, Imperfectlinkn, NoPun, and scott for helping me make this set
I would like to thank Mechs&Co for getting me a pantone book when amazon had cancelled that order
I would like to thank shmak for supporting me through out this whole process and making the signature art which is very nice
Someone who I would like to thank the very most is my artist Remiy who I would not be to live without who basically made all these novelties come to life
I would also just like to give a big thank you to everyone who helped support me through the design process.
and also thank you pomchamp andrew for saving my ass with from english errors
I would also like to thank Jakk for helping me improve my renders a lottt and also mark for helping with board conversion
I would also like to thank mark for saving my ass and helping so much with the deskmat

Changes

Guesss whatttt we got a collab with Asero Foundry for a metal artisan and it is looking beautiful, the interest thing has been added to the form is if you would fill it out it would mean a lot

Show Image

So right now I have some deskmat protos coming in and I must say they look mighty fine, and this is all thanks to Zionstudios
here are some photos:
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I've come to the conclusion that there will be two base kits
one with subs being the dark Ragnarok alt base kit
and one light without subs being the base kits

September 4th, 2021
Hey hey hey hey so guess what you guys asked for it so there are now runic sub-legends on the base kit I know in the render it is a little hard to see dw I will be working on making those a little larger.

August 30th, 2021
Another Quick update some improvements have been made to the 40s kit those will get rendered and labeled as soon as possible. I have Some Collabs that I'm working on which will include a metal artisan which I am hopping can be over 1u. I will get deskmat renders out soon so keep an eye out for that!

August 17th,
les go we got that deskmat design

Update August 5th, 2021:
I updated renders so they should be much better now. I have been looking at feedback and I am currently considering putting the sub-legends in the base kit. I also have made some kitting changes as follows:

Ragnarok alt:
Added 7u spacebar
Added uk terminal

Nordeuk:
removed top 3 keys because they are included in base kit

Spacebars:
added two 3u alpha spacebars
added one 1u alpha spacebar
removed 7u spacebar

Offline dabrainznl

Re: [IC] KBM Odin - YEA Another Manu change
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 27 November 2023, 04:51:31 »
Heyo!
Is the discord for the rest of you gone as well?
Do we have an update on the set? :)

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 27 November 2023, 05:18:55 »
At this point this IC is something to look back on and giggle about

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline roffelsaur

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 27 November 2023, 06:41:25 »

What happened here? D:

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 27 November 2023, 06:42:35 »

What happened here? D:
IC limbo as the runner changes manus for about the 7th time and still has made no progress in nearly 2 years

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 01 December 2023, 17:58:55 »
I dont even think they are even in the hobby anymore.