Author Topic: [GB] Leviatán - Plateless 60% GROUP BUY LIVE!!  (Read 16554 times)

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
[GB] Leviatán - Plateless 60% GROUP BUY LIVE!!
« on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 22:33:18 »

LEVIATÁN

Group Buy July 1st through 31st
TLDR: Estimated fulfilment: Q1 2024 - Unlimited group buy, $375 anodized, $380 coated
CHECK THE IC FORM FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION:
IC POST

DETAILS AND TECHNICAL INFORMATION

•Materials: Copper weight, aluminum top/bottom
•Mounting style: Plateless, leaf-spring gasket, Top mount
•Case top layout options: WKL, HHKB, and WK
•Typing angle: 9 degrees
•Front height: 17.5 mm, adjusted front height 18.5 mm
•Weight: ~2.4 kg built (plateless) ~2.6 kg built (top mount)
•Dimensions: 295.70 mm x 116.826 mm
•Gaskets: 30A hardness, 1.5 mm Poron gaskets
•Feet: AKB adhesive feet, available at CannonKeys
•Screws: M3x10 front screws, M3x12 back screws
•PCB: Leaf spring PCB (PCB mount) and standard PCB (top mount). VIA SUPPORTED
•Daughterboard: Fly DB, with Molex-to-Molex cable
•Link to PCB compat

Exploded view:

What the hell is a support plate?

The support plate is just a straightforward tray-style plate that goes over the PCB mount PCB to tune the feel of the board. Basically there are 4 levels of flex:

Completely plateless
PCB mount with POM half plate
PCB mount with Aluminum half plate
PCB mount with Carbon fiber half plate

The aim of this is to allow people to tune the overall feel of the board, as well as the sound of the mods to their personal preference. Those who want a traditional board, can just build it top mount. I have spent hours testing, building and rebuilding my prototype with different plates and I have not had this much fun in a hot minute. Plate files will also be released so people can go ham customizing their boards.  :thumb:

RENDERS

GALLERY

NOTE: All units are with content creators, when they are returned to us we will take picture of them and add them to this thread. Content creators will also be posting images of the board, so be on the lookout for those if you want to see a particular color. :p

SOUND TESTS

PRICING INFORMATION

NOTE: Pricing below is in USD and each vendor's pricing will differ slightly.
Once vendors have their sites up I will add clickable hyperlinks below.
United States: CannonKeys
Canada: DeskHero
Europe: EloquentClicks
UK: ProtoTypist
China/Asia: ZFrontier
Singapore: Hex Keyboards
Latin America: LatamKeys

IMPORTANT NOTE

EloquentClicks as the European Vendor will be offering ISO plates for top mount and/or support plates for PCB mount. These will be completely separate from the group-buy and will not be available in other regions, only at EloquentClicks. They will still ship with the Group Buy but they are limited to European sales, since that is where people who use ISO will order from.

CONTACT

Most updates will be posted on my server, as well as distributed by CannonKeys via their newsletter.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 February 2024, 15:27:54 by LaminarDesigns »

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
Re: [GB] Leviatán - Plateless 60%
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 22:34:57 »
RESERVED :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 12:35:16 »
Approved :thumb:

PSA to prospective buyers:
Group Buys are inherently risky endeavors. There is an element of risk involved with collecting payment before the item has been produced and resulting uncertainty during manufacturing / subsequent operations. We urge all GB organizers to consider (and document) these risks, and want to make it clear to all who consider purchasing that these risks are present.

If you are unfamiliar with the Group Buy model, please read this primer - Group Buy FAQ / Buying Guidelines

This PSA is new and will become standard on all Group Buys moving forward. It is not posted on this GB in isolation and is not singling this organizer out in particular as someone to be wary of.

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 13:19:22 »
Approved :thumb:

PSA to prospective buyers:
Group Buys are inherently risky endeavors. There is an element of risk involved with collecting payment before the item has been produced and resulting uncertainty during manufacturing / subsequent operations. We urge all GB organizers to consider (and document) these risks, and want to make it clear to all who consider purchasing that these risks are present.

If you are unfamiliar with the Group Buy model, please read this primer - Group Buy FAQ / Buying Guidelines

This PSA is new and will become standard on all Group Buys moving forward. It is not posted on this GB in isolation and is not singling this organizer out in particular as someone to be wary of.

thanks Hoff!! :D

Offline This_Is_BearDog

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 13:36:39 »
Buy Laminar boards

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 14:06:32 »
omg the beige is real \o/

a few details missing from the post and the vendor pages that I could not find:
- Is it exclusively solder only?
- Does via/vial support the PCBs?
- Do you do childrens parties?
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 15:20:21 »
omg the beige is real \o/

a few details missing from the post and the vendor pages that I could not find:
- Is it exclusively solder only?
- Does via/vial support the PCBs?
- Do you do childrens parties?

Thanks for the questions, here are the answers:
  • Solder only for this GB! The top mount variant of Leviatán is compatible with the Bastion line of PCBs, which CannonKeys will be selling soon. A hotswap Bastion60 PCB exists, and will be available for sale later.
  • VIA/QMK are supported, but I will be porting the board to VIAL myself and will provide the HEX file on my server for download as well.
  • yes we do, I can even dress up as any superhero of your choice  :p

I have updated these questions on the GH page for others to also be able to see.

Offline vhaarr

Re: [GB] Leviatán - Plateless 60% GROUP BUY LIVE!!
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 11:11:24 »
I can't add the item to cart on either prototypist or eloquentclicks!

EloquentClicks errors after clicking the add to cart button saying "Invalid value posted for MOUNTING STYLE" for Beige+HHKB+Top FR or Alu. I've not tried other combinations.

Prototypist just resets the dropdown select boxes 24/7 so I can never add it to cart.

CannonKeys works fine, but I'm on the other side of the world so shipping is crazy expensive from there :P

Offline LaminarDesigns

• General crackhead
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 12:08:03 »
I can't add the item to cart on either prototypist or eloquentclicks!

EloquentClicks errors after clicking the add to cart button saying "Invalid value posted for MOUNTING STYLE" for Beige+HHKB+Top FR or Alu. I've not tried other combinations.

Prototypist just resets the dropdown select boxes 24/7 so I can never add it to cart.

CannonKeys works fine, but I'm on the other side of the world so shipping is crazy expensive from there :P

That is odd, I will message both vendors ASAP. I know people were able to order from EQ so something may have died.

(Update, I checked, and I am able to add it to cart on EQ, you just have to select color, layout and mounting. Then it will work)
(Update 2, I checked on PT and it also works just fine, perhaps there is something wrong with your browser?)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 July 2023, 12:10:10 by LaminarDesigns »

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 01 July 2023, 13:30:07 »
Yeah when I disabled ublock origin and reloaded the page, another javascript host popped up in noscript that wasn't there before (mlcdn.com), and when I allowed that to load then EloquentClicks works  :thumb:

Thank you!

Offline doctorboy

• ClackX
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 04 July 2023, 08:57:56 »
This is, in my opinion, one of the best 60% of the year. Amazing design and care for all the details. Looks stunning. EU vendor is also very much appreciated.
Thanks for the amazing work, and good luck with the group buy.