Author Topic: Replacement controllers  (Read 135742 times)

Offline ineph

• nostalgic procrastinator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Do you know the Venus Project??
Re: Replacement controllers
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 16:41:21 »
weld a flash drive and a hub on the frosty flake would work?

Bla bla bla Stealthbla bla Blue

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:14:13 »
I added a combined Majestouch/Rosewill controller to the line-up. I haven't had time to work on my QFN skills, and I'm all out of the old Paws. So, please, a warm welcome to the Tiger Lily.

I still have Black Petals left as well, if someone wants that.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:16:48 by bpiphany »

Offline bmmcwhirt

• Trade Count: (1)
    • KB9YEN
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 16:08:53 »
I an trying to locate some information on which if any replacement controller will work on the "Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless [BlueSwitch/Tenkeyless/US ASCII]" Model: FKBN87MC/EB2

It's a bit difficult sorting out the search results of the Majestouch 2 from the Majestouch and I haven't seen any mention of compatibility of the Majestouch 2.

I've been using one of the old Razer Mac Blackwidow Ultimate and I want to move to a TKL. From what I can tell the best way to get a keyboard that works the way I want it to is to get something that will run Easy AVR or similar.

Though I'm leaning towards the Filco M2, I am open to suggestions of keyboards I can get new that will work with a fully programable controller replacement. My requirements are TKL and Cherry MX Blue switches, preferably w/o led backlighting. With the custom controller it shouldn't matter but in case it does I only use Mac OS X, FreeBSD and Linux Mint.

Thanks.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 06:24:28 »
You should with almost absolute certainty be fine with the Pegasus Hoof.

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #254 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 09:54:54 »
You should with almost absolute certainty be fine with the Pegasus Hoof.

bpiphany, thank you very much. Worst case is I have a very nice keyboard that isn't programable. I take it the next step is to drop you a PM about ordering or is there someplace in the US that sells your boards?

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 12:42:15 »
You can get them from 1upkeyboards. They will be the same price, but probably with faster and tracked shipping =)

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 13:16:28 »
You can get them from 1upkeyboards. They will be the same price, but probably with faster and tracked shipping =)

Thank you very much both for your help and the work you've done.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 14:45:26 »
Finally figured out how to test these little buggers =)

158101-0

No, that seemed like a mistake... But while trying to figure out how to clamp it to the boards I had this brilliant epiphany

158103-1

Carefully bent headers to spring load the board to be tested

158105-2

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 16:06:15 »
Just picked up a Pegasus Hoof for my new Filco TKL.  Can't wait to get it in!  (That's what she said?)

Offline notmybongos

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 16:15:47 »

Carefully bent headers to spring load the board to be tested

Genius!

Offline notmybongos

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 08 February 2017, 17:14:57 »
Fredrik,  on the 'simple costar firmware' (the non TMK repo on your github), is there still a notion of the magic command?
On my kittenpaw 2016 I crash the kb everytime I hit L&R shift together. Yet, I don't seem to be able to "do" anything with that command. I know it's intended to be a feature, but I have yet to figure that out. should I just use over to TMK?

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #261 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 06:00:19 »
Fredrik,  on the 'simple costar firmware' (the non TMK repo on your github), is there still a notion of the magic command?
On my kittenpaw 2016 I crash the kb everytime I hit L&R shift together. Yet, I don't seem to be able to "do" anything with that command. I know it's intended to be a feature, but I have yet to figure that out. should I just use over to TMK?

L+R Shift simply jumps to the bootloader, nothing much magic involved =) It's really easy to compile and exclude that row from the code. Do you think I should be supplying pre-compiled firmwares without the bootloader jump? I've always imagined nobody actually use my own firmware. For anything else than (self)educational purposes..

Offline nikchi

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 20:45:06 »
Hey, I was wondering what the difference between the pegasus hoof and the frosty flake is, component wise.

I know the hoof works on F87 costar boards and the flake works on IF87 boards, main thing I've noticed is that the IF boards have that usb breakout for detachable cables with some components on that. Would circumventing that circuitry (on the usb breakout board) and just using a breakout board from spark fun or even just direct connection be bad?

Asking because I did just that and now my CoolTalk/Voice of Reason is dead (i think?). Any ways to revive it or is it completely dead?  :-X

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 02:07:07 »
The Flake and Hoof are exactly the same, as well as the Petal, Squid and old Paw. The only difference is the pinout (and some extra LED resistor here and there). I never had a look at the breakout board in the QFR until recently. I just assumed it was only the USB connector on there... However I believe it's only for ESD protection.

Bypassing the breakout shouldn't have much effect. What exactly did you do? Did you get the pins correct or mistakenly swap them around somehow?

Offline reijikyosuke

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 07:18:10 »
can somebody tell that Pegasus Hoof / Kitten Paw are works without any problem with Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 (TKL / Fullsize)? A bit curious bcs I do wanna get Filco MC2 but I want to change the layout tho. Thanks for replying this post.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #265 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 17:14:14 »
Might be a dumb question but do any of your controllers work/fit in unicomp M's?

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 03:33:08 »
can somebody tell that Pegasus Hoof / Kitten Paw are works without any problem with Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 (TKL / Fullsize)? A bit curious bcs I do wanna get Filco MC2 but I want to change the layout tho. Thanks for replying this post.

No, that won't work. It's completely different, with BlueTooth and all that, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68510.0

Might be a dumb question but do any of your controllers work/fit in unicomp M's?

No. There are however people working on capacitive sensing controllers. I haven't been following their progress. Try searching the forums for "capsense".
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 March 2017, 03:34:46 by bpiphany »

Offline reijikyosuke

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 05:02:32 »

No, that won't work. It's completely different, with BlueTooth and all that, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68510.0

oooh, I see. I do need to get custom controller because I can't stand with R1 Backspace, I just love R2 Backspace (hail Minila).

Offline nikchi

« Reply #268 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:42:03 »
The Flake and Hoof are exactly the same, as well as the Petal, Squid and old Paw. The only difference is the pinout (and some extra LED resistor here and there). I never had a look at the breakout board in the QFR until recently. I just assumed it was only the USB connector on there... However I believe it's only for ESD protection.

Bypassing the breakout shouldn't have much effect. What exactly did you do? Did you get the pins correct or mistakenly swap them around somehow?

Not sure, this happened a while ago, didn't have time then and I don't have access atm. I'm 80% sure i didn't swap the pins.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 07:32:46 »
Not sure, this happened a while ago, didn't have time then and I don't have access atm. I'm 80% sure i didn't swap the pins.

It's hard to tell. Do the computer register anything when you plug it in? If there is a short somewhere the computer may even shut down the USB controller. You could try hooking up just the USB lines and see if you get any response. Check that the reset switch isn't shorted.

Meanwhile. More greener, por favor! Now only the tedious steps to do =P Headers, cleaning, testing and packaging...
163536-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 March 2017, 08:17:05 by bpiphany »

Offline nikchi

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 13:03:46 »
I used my other board which was housing my frosty flake to test the voice again, no response. Computer doesnt recognize it as a usb device. :-X

Offline themarmot

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 22:49:04 »
I seem to be having a few problems getting my Kitten Paw controller to work.  It's the 2016-04-18 revision, plugged into my MJ2 (full 104 key).  Running Windows 10.

Here's the sequence of events:
1 - Installed Atmel Flip and the Easy AVR USB Keymapper.
2 - Built and saved a keymap as a dat file.  Only change I made on the default layer was to map the FN key to the key to the immediate left of RCTL.
3 - Did a build firmware to make the hex file.
4 - Put the kitten paw into bootloader mode (Scroll lock LED went out when I did this, it was the only LED lit after plugging in the keyboard)
5 - Opened up Atmel flip, selected the hex file, went through all the stages.  No issues were reported, every step had a pass indication.
6 - Clicked start application.  Scroll lock light came back on.  No keys on the keyboard worked at that point.
7 - Unplugged keyboard, waited a few seconds, plugged it back in.  Scroll lock light came on.  No keys responded at all.

I tried using the Easy AVR keymapper application to build and program as well, same result.

I also repeated the process after loading that driver in the USB folder of the Atmel installation directory - no difference.  I never had the driver error that's frequently reported, but I've tried loading that specific driver mentioned, as well as the newer one that was detected automatically.  No difference.  I'm pretty much stuck at the same place at the end of #7 above.

Any suggestions?

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 03:31:05 »
It sounds like you may be using the configuration file for the older Kitten Paw. The new one can be found here https://pastebin.com/JkUkfTk8

I think that after you ran EasyAVR the first time, there was an EasyAVR folder created in your home directory. You need to put custom definition files there to include them. Save that file as filco104v2.py and put it there and see if you can work it out.

Offline themarmot

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 12:12:18 »
That worked - thanks!

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #274 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 13:26:02 »
That worked - thanks!

Thanks for getting yourself the problem in the first place ;)

Offline Xelus22

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 03:48:51 »
Hi,

my friend recently got a tiger lily and there's no files on github for that yet.
Could you release a guide on how to program it otherwise?

Thanks,
Xelus

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 00:22:52 »
Hi,

my friend recently got a tiger lily and there's no files on github for that yet.

Thanks,
Xelus

It's in fact just a Black Petal with extra headers. The files for the Petal are the ones to use.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #277 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 10:34:20 »
Hi, just logged in after a long absence.  Are updates needed to EasyAVR to support the latest controllers?

By the way, we need to thank bpiphany again for the work he does on these awesome products.  Enthusiast customization on commercial quality boards.  Good stuff.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #278 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 09:42:30 »
Hi,

Thanks,
Xelus

Tiger Lily is now supported in QMK.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 08:17:28 »
Hi, just logged in after a long absence.  Are updates needed to EasyAVR to support the latest controllers?

By the way, we need to thank bpiphany again for the work he does on these awesome products.  Enthusiast customization on commercial quality boards.  Good stuff.

Thank you as well for all your work on your firmware. I think the tmk way of only supplying the core function seem like work enough.. If anything needs to be added I think it would be the new Kitten Paw. I uploaded a config file to pastebin

The new Tiger Lily is just a Black Petal with different headers. Perhaps a note about that.

Other than that I imagine a few people could find it convenient if there was a way to "port" their custom layouts to different keyboards/controllers. I see how that could be a complete nightmare to cobble together behind the GUI..

Offline punkpc

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 10:27:09 »
Hey bpiphany,

So "Mechanical Keyboards Live!" a few days ago did a review and break down of the new CoolerMaster Masterkeys S PBT keyboard.

It looks like it is similar to the Quickfire pin layout, except they added the LED's now to the controller board.

Do you think we might see a controller from you for these boards in the future? :D

« Last Edit: Sat, 17 June 2017, 10:31:41 by punkpc »

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #281 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 11:34:51 »
Yes I saw that. Doesn't it look butt ugly with the LEDs like that? Can't think of a single good reason to put them there... Anyway there will probably be a controller shortly. Someone is already sending me a Masterkeys controller.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 June 2017, 11:43:56 by bpiphany »

Offline punkpc

« Reply #282 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 21:52:24 »
Yes I saw that. Doesn't it look butt ugly with the LEDs like that? Can't think of a single good reason to put them there... Anyway there will probably be a controller shortly. Someone is already sending me a Masterkeys controller.

Sweet  :thumb:

Put me down for one when you do!

Offline Sempre

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 00:47:36 »

Are there plans for a controller for the Filco convertible , or isn't there enough demand?
The only reason im not buying it is because I can't remap the FN key.

Offline pm_

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 23:32:53 »
I just got a Pegasus Hoof and a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL HAKUA. The main purpose was to get a quiet TKL and use the Pegasus Hoof to reprogram the left Windows key as a FN key with FN+WASD as arrow keys. I find this extremely helpful for doing one handed selects of blocks of text. While this is actually a fairly simple process once you get through it, I had issues with Java, and with switching the Pegasus Hoof into Boot Loader mode, so I thought I'd share some detailed instructions that incorporate my experience, with hopes of saving other a few hours (or days in my case   :-[ )

First, you're going to need the Easy AVR Software here to create keyboard maps and the hex file you will use to program the keyboard:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51252.0

Second, you need Atmel Flip to clear and flash the Arduino atmega32u2 chip on the Pegasus Hoof
http://www.atmel.com/tools/flip.aspx

***SKIP IF YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS INSTALLING FLIP AND JAVA****
My problems started with the Atmel FLIP install and JAVA, as I'm running Windows Server 2016 (which, for the purposes of these instructions, should be the same as Windows 10).  I recommend downloading the FLIP 3.4.7 with Java Runtime Enviornment included, as JRE 5.0 (e.g. 1_5_0_xx) is long since deprecated and somewhat difficult to find.  I kept getting errors during the install, although I forget the exact message. I think I updated the PATH, TEMP, and TMP User variables (under System -> Advanced Variables -> Environment Variables) to reference C:\Temp (instead of %USERPROFILEPATH%), just to get the actual jre_setup.exe file to extract to C:\temp before it would even launch the installer. I think the installer still would not complete, so while the installer was in process (frozen with an error on screen), I went to C:\temp, copied th jre_setup.exe file out of there, then cancelled the bad install. I went back to the jre_setup.exe file, then did a right-click -> Run as Administrator, and installed it for all users...at this point, with Java installed, I was able to install Atmel Flip (although I my have installed the version that did NOT include Java at this point, I forget)...

At this point you want Easy AVR and ATMEL FLIP installed.  Then:
1. Create your custom layout and HEX file (for loading onto the Pegasus Hoof) in Easy AVR
2. [Presumably] disconnect the keyboard if it's plugged, in, remove the cover (LEAVE COVER OFF), and replace the stock Filco controller with the Pegasus hoof, per standard instructions (such as those found on the 1upkeyboards Pegasus Hoof page)
3. Plug the keyboard back in and it should be working fine
4. When you're ready to flash it, you need a decently strong magnet and it helps to remove the UP arrow key. I tried to using a magnet on the bottom of a magnetic level; this was awkward and the UP arrow was getting in the way.  A small refrigerator magnet should do the trick
5. ***WARNING*** - your keyboard will stop responding in this step, so have a second one plugged in if you still want to type -
Place the magnet on the Pegasus Hoof and you should here a USB disconnect and reconnect sound.  If not, in my case, I had to place the magnet directly on the lower left side of the Pegasus Hoof, over where it has a Q.C. PASSED stamp (as this is the stamp, it's possible it could change locations on the controller). If you want to confirm you're ready to flash, look in the Device Manager, and you should now see a section called Atmel USB Devices, with ATmega32U2 nested beneath it..
6. Open Atmel Flip, click on the Device menu and choose Select. Find the ATmega32U2 and click OK (note the ATmega32u2 is the current Arduino chip for the Pegasus Hoof as of December 2017 and is subject to change)
7. Click the 'Select a Communication Device' icon (looks like a usb plug), and select USB. If you get an error mentioning AtLibUSBDfu.dll Not Found, it is most likely because you did not switch the controller into boot loader mode with the magnet; this is where I had issues and could have used more clarity per step 5.   While researching this, I also ran across people who appeared to have problems because the correct driver as not loaded for the ATmega32u2. If the ATmega32u2 is in present in the Device Manager and you're getting the ATlibUSBDfu.dll error, try manually updating the driver, and pointing it beneath the Atmel install folder: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb' (more specifically, you need the atmel_usb_dfu_inf file).
8. Assuming you either had no errors in #7 or resolved it, click the Erase Target Device Memory Icon.  Once the memory is erased (just a few seconds), click File -> Load Hex File, and browse to the Hex file you created using Easy AVR.  After you've selected it, click the Program Target Device Memory button. Programming should just take a couple of seconds, and, once it's complete, unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. The keyboard should be functioning and programming complete

Hope this helps some of you out...I'll probably post something similar in the Easy AVR thread.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 04:55:16 »
I just got a Pegasus Hoof and a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL HAKUA. The main purpose was to get a quiet TKL and use the Pegasus Hoof to reprogram the left Windows key as a FN key with FN+WASD as arrow keys. I find this extremely helpful for doing one handed selects of blocks of text. While this is actually a fairly simple process once you get through it, I had issues with Java, and with switching the Pegasus Hoof into Boot Loader mode, so I thought I'd share some detailed instructions that incorporate my experience, with hopes of saving other a few hours (or days in my case   :-[ )

First, you're going to need the Easy AVR Software here to create keyboard maps and the hex file you will use to program the keyboard:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51252.0

Second, you need Atmel Flip to clear and flash the Arduino atmega32u2 chip on the Pegasus Hoof
http://www.atmel.com/tools/flip.aspx

***SKIP IF YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS INSTALLING FLIP AND JAVA****
My problems started with the Atmel FLIP install and JAVA, as I'm running Windows Server 2016 (which, for the purposes of these instructions, should be the same as Windows 10).  I recommend downloading the FLIP 3.4.7 with Java Runtime Enviornment included, as JRE 5.0 (e.g. 1_5_0_xx) is long since deprecated and somewhat difficult to find.  I kept getting errors during the install, although I forget the exact message. I think I updated the PATH, TEMP, and TMP User variables (under System -> Advanced Variables -> Environment Variables) to reference C:\Temp (instead of %USERPROFILEPATH%), just to get the actual jre_setup.exe file to extract to C:\temp before it would even launch the installer. I think the installer still would not complete, so while the installer was in process (frozen with an error on screen), I went to C:\temp, copied th jre_setup.exe file out of there, then cancelled the bad install. I went back to the jre_setup.exe file, then did a right-click -> Run as Administrator, and installed it for all users...at this point, with Java installed, I was able to install Atmel Flip (although I my have installed the version that did NOT include Java at this point, I forget)...

At this point you want Easy AVR and ATMEL FLIP installed.  Then:
1. Create your custom layout and HEX file (for loading onto the Pegasus Hoof) in Easy AVR
2. [Presumably] disconnect the keyboard if it's plugged, in, remove the cover (LEAVE COVER OFF), and replace the stock Filco controller with the Pegasus hoof, per standard instructions (such as those found on the 1upkeyboards Pegasus Hoof page)
3. Plug the keyboard back in and it should be working fine
4. When you're ready to flash it, you need a decently strong magnet and it helps to remove the UP arrow key. I tried to using a magnet on the bottom of a magnetic level; this was awkward and the UP arrow was getting in the way.  A small refrigerator magnet should do the trick
5. ***WARNING*** - your keyboard will stop responding in this step, so have a second one plugged in if you still want to type -
Place the magnet on the Pegasus Hoof and you should here a USB disconnect and reconnect sound.  If not, in my case, I had to place the magnet directly on the lower left side of the Pegasus Hoof, over where it has a Q.C. PASSED stamp (as this is the stamp, it's possible it could change locations on the controller). If you want to confirm you're ready to flash, look in the Device Manager, and you should now see a section called Atmel USB Devices, with ATmega32U2 nested beneath it..
6. Open Atmel Flip, click on the Device menu and choose Select. Find the ATmega32U2 and click OK (note the ATmega32u2 is the current Arduino chip for the Pegasus Hoof as of December 2017 and is subject to change)
7. Click the 'Select a Communication Device' icon (looks like a usb plug), and select USB. If you get an error mentioning AtLibUSBDfu.dll Not Found, it is most likely because you did not switch the controller into boot loader mode with the magnet; this is where I had issues and could have used more clarity per step 5.   While researching this, I also ran across people who appeared to have problems because the correct driver as not loaded for the ATmega32u2. If the ATmega32u2 is in present in the Device Manager and you're getting the ATlibUSBDfu.dll error, try manually updating the driver, and pointing it beneath the Atmel install folder: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb' (more specifically, you need the atmel_usb_dfu_inf file).
8. Assuming you either had no errors in #7 or resolved it, click the Erase Target Device Memory Icon.  Once the memory is erased (just a few seconds), click File -> Load Hex File, and browse to the Hex file you created using Easy AVR.  After you've selected it, click the Program Target Device Memory button. Programming should just take a couple of seconds, and, once it's complete, unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. The keyboard should be functioning and programming complete

Hope this helps some of you out...I'll probably post something similar in the Easy AVR thread.

Isn't Windows just adorable =D Pro tip, simply use Linux.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 19:30:32 »

Thank you as well for all your work on your firmware. I think the tmk way of only supplying the core function seem like work enough.. If anything needs to be added I think it would be the new Kitten Paw. I uploaded a config file to pastebin

The new Tiger Lily is just a Black Petal with different headers. Perhaps a note about that.

Other than that I imagine a few people could find it convenient if there was a way to "port" their custom layouts to different keyboards/controllers. I see how that could be a complete nightmare to cobble together behind the GUI..

For some reason I didn't act on this way back then.  I have released version 3.01.04 that adds support for the Kitten Paw v2 and Tiger Lily.  Of course all I did was copy paste as suggested above, so I don't really know if it works, but if there are problems just hit me up on GitHub!

Offline SpatiallyAware

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 13:30:41 »
Hello, I am having some problems with my pegasus hoof, basically, I'm having issues with repeating or stuck keys. It's very noticeable with N, but also happens with X and randomly other keys. It seems to happen worse if it's cold (I primarily use this keyboard in an enclosed patio). I've swapped it with the OEM filco controller on another TKL and the problem follows the Pegasus Hoof. It's not key bounce, sometimes it will repeat the key 5 or 6 times. It sort of looks/feels like a stuck key rather than a key that is "repeating". I've tried reflashing it with no luck. I'm not doing anything odd with the programming, really just converting some F keys to do volume and brightness. I would blame the keyboard if not for the fact that it very noticeably follows the controller when moved to another board.

Thanks for any input

Offline elborak

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 02:31:47 »
What firmware are you running?

Online phinix

• Trade Count: (2)
  • On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #289 on: Sat, 01 August 2020, 10:53:41 »
I added a combined Majestouch/Rosewill controller to the line-up. I haven't had time to work on my QFN skills, and I'm all out of the old Paws. So, please, a warm welcome to the Tiger Lily.

Show Image

I still have Black Petals left as well, if someone wants that.

Hello, tried to PM you but apparently its blocked.
Do you still have those in stock? I'm looking for one for QRF, frosty flake.
Do you have one and would you post to UK?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 13:06:27 »
I finally got around to programming my Pegasus Hoof today after getting one from 1upkeyboards a while ago. After watching the videos and getting the tools (easykeymap_windows and Flip), it is extremely easy to program, even easier than QMK boards.

Thanks, I remapped the bottom row of the Filco and it's perfect.  :thumb:

I never used the magnet, though. I just hit the left and right shift keys at the same time to put it in boot mode, and Flip recognized it. Out of curiosity, is the magnet for resetting the PCB back to default, or is it used to send the PCB to boot mode?

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 03:08:56 »
I made an update to the original post a few days back. In short I sold off everything I had in stock to 1up. It's not likely I will produce anything more in the near future.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 02:05:15 »
If I'm reading the listing on 1upkeyboards correctly these are put in a reset/flashing state by using a magnet? That's pretty cool, definitely better than having to disassemble it to hit a reset switch or drill a hole in the bottom of the case. I wonder why more boards don't use a similar system.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 10:48:54 »
I made an update to the original post a few days back. In short I sold off everything I had in stock to 1up. It's not likely I will produce anything more in the near future.

Just want to express my gratitude for your work.  My very first mechanical keyboard was a majestouch TKL and I quickly swapped it's controller to a Pegasus Hoof.  Had a lot of fun tinkering with that board.   :D :D

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 07:23:38 »

Just want to express my gratitude for your work.  My very first mechanical keyboard was a majestouch TKL and I quickly swapped it's controller to a Pegasus Hoof.  Had a lot of fun tinkering with that board.   :D :D

Same.  Thanks bpiphany!

Offline uchuugaka

« Reply #295 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 03:06:05 »
Is there any chance we can get the schematics or other assets to build our own boards?
I'd like to get more Tiger Lily boards (have two!) but 1UP is out of them now.

Offline traumvogel

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 04:43:48 »
Hello, does anyone know if the ghost squid supports ps/2 like the original quickfire XT controller does?