Author Topic: YMDK and npkc any good?  (Read 8635 times)

Offline mielouk

YMDK and npkc any good?
« on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 06:54:00 »
Just found some interesting PBT OEM profile keycap sets on amazon (don't know whether I'm allowed to put links here) from YMDK and  npkc. Does anyone have seen and felt them?

Originally I wanted to buy blank cherry profile ePBT caps, but they would cost twice as much.

Offline cckeyboards

Re: YMDK and npkc any good?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 08:11:32 »
Quality is much better with ePBT in terms of thickness but they are okay I guess given the price difference

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 00:18:10 »
The thickness is the same. With EnjoyPBT you are paying for rounder corners, smoother finish, and better modifier lengeds. I just got 2 sets of YMD blanks (possibly made by NPKC?) and they're great.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 01:24:33 »
I can second NPKC/YMDK caps. These have a rougher finish than ePBT (which I personally prefer) and are of course OEM instead of Cherry profile (up to you as to which is better).
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 12:33:58 »
I can second NPKC/YMDK caps. These have a rougher finish than ePBT (which I personally prefer) and are of course OEM instead of Cherry profile (up to you as to which is better).

They sell Cherry profile as well. Need to read store pages carefully sometimes in order to tell which is which.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 20:27:58 »

They sell Cherry profile as well. Need to read store pages carefully sometimes in order to tell which is which.

Oh, that's cool!
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear